Article: Insulin Resistance

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is actually really good advice. There is a lot of science that supports programs like this. I'd also add that carbohydrate timing is also key to it as well. Weeks one and two should have most of the starchy carbs PWO while week three should have a carbless PWO, eating the few carbs pre-workout since calories will be down. This keeps training up, minimizes muscle catabolism and keeps insulin sensitivity soaring after the workout since carbs are limited then.

mcs5309

Awards
The cals and carbs are way too high for week 1-2 for those that are already IR and/or have a bf of >15%. A keto diet (CKD or TKD) would be best in these cases, closer to what week 3 is, except carbs even lower, like 10-15% max, and fats closer to 55%.

mcs5309

Awards
The cals and carbs are way too high for week 1-2 for those that are already IR. A CKD or TKD would be best for those with IR, closer to what week 3 is, except carbs even lower, like 10-15% max.

Est1995

Awards
Very interesting. Might give this a try. Any extra info on this supporting its effectiveness?

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very interesting. Might give this a try. Any extra info on this supporting its effectiveness?
Anecdotally, I know it works. Yes, there is a lot of science regarding this topic and how calories affect insulin resistance. It isn't just about calories but also the macros and quality of food as well. I recommend that you sign up on Datbtrue's site for more science/medical info on this subject, along with all other subjects regarding health and bodybuilding. It's the only bodybuilding forum on the net that isn't heavy in bro-science.

You can always get a BG monitor, start tracking your BG levels throughout the day and then start cutting calories and see what it does. It should go down on your fasted BG levels in the morning when you wake up.