Do you want size or definition or both? One will have to take priority. If you cut down to 10-12% bodyfat you'll have definition but your arms will be much smaller.
Anyone have suggestions on how I can build fuller and more round arms? At this point I'm going to try the eod approach because they can't get any smaller lol
There are so many options for arm work. Arms are my greatest attribute I would think. I always start arm day with a compound movement. Whether it's close grip pull-ups, weighted dips or close grip bench. Then I work with a lot of supersets, negatives, drop sets, heavy weight, light weight ...etc. I never do the same workout two times in a row. Also try 10x10 once in a while to change things up. If I had to pick one of my favorite bicep workouts it would be DB incline curl.
I agree on the DB incline curl - I just love the way it feels. But in all honesty, if I skip isolation movements for my arms and just do my regular compounds, I notice no difference in my arms. I think one of the reasons has to do with how I train to failure. Training to complete failure allows you to really exhaust every single muscle involved in the movement.
Anyone have suggestions on how I can build fuller and more round arms? At this point I'm going to try the eod approach because they can't get any smaller lol
Guys no matter how lean i get or how much muscle i pack on i never really see any definition in my arms.
They are not small by any measure at least i dont think so .
15.5- at 5 foot 8 and 215 pounds 19.5% BF.
Any suggestions on workouts to make these BB guns into Machine guns?
I believe anyone is different, personally I've been told that going hard on compound would have grow my arms too...it didnt happen untill I struck them with volume and isolation.
What worked for me is french pressing and close grip pushes with the same bar right after, it gives me pump and acid and the following day its harder and fuller.
When it comes of biceps high cable curls and spider curls gave me mass and shape.
Those twi tricks alone had a huge impact on my arms, never really grew tris from benching or bis from pulling.
Everything is possible, I dont deny any possibility.If your arms haven't responded to heavy compound pushing and pulling movements you're doing something seriously wrong.
I would definitely take a break from the gym every few weeks if you are training till failure each set. That has to be taxing on your body.
Everything is possible, I dont deny any possibility.
However when I train back I feel pump in my back same with chest, guess my arms just do the basic to support the main lift.
When I pull for back I use a grip with my thumb outside, think of suicide grip when you do chest, and that setting alone basically moved plenty of tenstion from my arms to my back.
This. When I do pull-ups and rows I typically use a thumbless grip and sometimes even focus on pulling the bar apart, which both place more focus on lats and less on biceps, although I'm still working my biceps to some degree. I'm not saying that your arms won't grow from heavy and consistent compound movements, just that I do think they'll grow better with added direct work, especially once you're no longer a beginner, where I definitely agree that compound movements should be the clear main focus.Everything is possible, I dont deny any possibility.
However when I train back I feel pump in my back same with chest, guess my arms just do the basic to support the main lift.
When I pull for back I use a grip with my thumb outside, think of suicide grip when you do chest, and that setting alone basically moved plenty of tenstion from my arms to my back.
I believe anyone is different, personally I've been told that going hard on compound would have grow my arms too...it didnt happen untill I struck them with volume and isolation.
What worked for me is french pressing and close grip pushes with the same bar right after, it gives me pump and acid and the following day its harder and fuller.
When it comes of biceps high cable curls and spider curls gave me mass and shape.
Those twi tricks alone had a huge impact on my arms, never really grew tris from benching or bis from pulling.
I used to work with a guy that competed in Mr Britain his arms were huge and he claimed he never did any direct arm work, 3 days a week full body and that was it.
That's genetics without a doubt. How tall was he?
He was actually really short prob about 5'5" but he'd the biggest arms you'll ever see. He was a professional boxer before bodybuilding so no doubt he probably had good genetics before all the gear.