Any supps that actually helps cardio?

Smolovsquat

Awards
I know cardio is specific to energy systems etc.
So the question might be too general to ansver.

But does anyone take anything that actually helps you do more work in less time?
My overall ability to increase my cardio is pretty shitty.
I know there are many factors involved so i need to find what systems lack and train specificly.

Right now im trying to do daily citrulline, arginine and betaine along will beta alanine and creatine in hopes of getting a better capacity to handle lactic acid and clear out **** from my muscles.

It seems to help somewhat so im going to keep going since beta alanine just gets better with time.

I did try some cardarine but not sure if it did much.
Also the rat cancer thing is a bit scary although they used crazy high amounts.

Anything else i could try?

ndiguy

ndiguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I enjoyed Cordygen5 by MST. Utilized it in preparation for Army infantry OSUT, since I knew my cardio stamina wasn't up to par.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I know cardio is specific to energy systems etc.
So the question might be too general to ansver.

But does anyone take anything that actually helps you do more work in less time?
My overall ability to increase my cardio is pretty shitty.
I know there are many factors involved so i need to find what systems lack and train specificly.

Right now im trying to do daily citrulline, arginine and betaine along will beta alanine and creatine in hopes of getting a better capacity to handle lactic acid and clear out **** from my muscles.

It seems to help somewhat so im going to keep going since beta alanine just gets better with time.

I did try some cardarine but not sure if it did much.
Also the rat cancer thing is a bit scary although they used crazy high amounts.

Anything else i could try?
Cardarine most definitely improves endurance, and can promote heart health. At low doses it is anti cancer. Those rats that got cancer are bread to get cancer; so even if they did not take cardarine, they were going to get cancer.

If you want something natural, you can try a good cordyceps, and even Follidrone 2.0

AnabolicPitbull

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Try Cardarine, and SR9009. There's a peptide that's the mother of all endurance drugs but it requires blood letting. I forget what it's called.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Peak02, Cordyceps, Arijuna potentially(as Rejuna)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i agree 197783 with cordyceps....with that said cardio is no different than lifting---you have to do it to get better.

a guy goes into gym after a long time off and is fat and out of shape, he trains hard and in a month is lifting significantly more weight with more reps---apply this same principle to cardio, you have to train hard and frequently to improve!!!

mavup

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Nootropics depot Cordyceps 10:1, combined with peak o2.

As valiant mentioned, follidrone 2.0 would also be good. I imagine a stack of those 3 would be pretty effective, but I haven’t tried.

I do find that phenylpiracetam makes me feel like I can run forever. That doesn’t build up a tolerance for me personally, unlike the cognitive effects.

One that I’ve wanted to try but can’t because nobody is stocking it due to supply chain issues is myoinositol trispyrophosphate.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Nootropics depot Cordyceps 10:1, combined with peak o2.

As valiant mentioned, follidrone 2.0 would also be good. I imagine a stack of those 3 would be pretty effective, but I haven’t tried.

I do find that phenylpiracetam makes me feel like I can run forever. That doesn’t build up a tolerance for me personally, unlike the cognitive effects.

One that I’ve wanted to try but can’t because nobody is stocking it due to supply chain issues is myoinositol trispyrophosphate.
as a stim 'junkie' i'm a huge fan of phenylpiracetam!!!

Smolovsquat

Awards
Thanks guys, some solid suggestions.
Ive done cordyceps in the past so im gonna start with that.
I do train bjj 2 times per week and pull sleds once per week.
Then i lift another 2days with more of a density in time focus.
So i def work on my endurance.
However its def my weak point and have always been.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Thanks guys, some solid suggestions.
Ive done cordyceps in the past so im gonna start with that.
I do train bjj 2 times per week and pull sleds once per week.
Then i lift another 2days with more of a density in time focus.
So i def work on my endurance.
However its def my weak point and have always been.
Yeah, end of day, thebigt makes a good point - just have to keep progressing. Our recommendation may assist in the process though.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It really can depend on a lot of things with endurance.

Mostly in the sense that is such a "broad" term and then some comes down to personal experience (many ergogenic compounds increase pumps as well which can be detrimental depending on the type of endurance performed).

Personally I find things that help me recover from my training bouts help the most (since they help me recover from which ever specific training adaptions I am looking for).

In a wide sense the things I've found noticeably effective outside of the more basic ingredients (Creatine, Beta Alanine, Citrulline) and proper training nutrition (carbs, electrolytes):

Nitrates (also has research for repeated anaerobic work)
Mushrooms (Peako2 is my most frequently used, but quality Cordyceps do the trick)
Glycerol (helps with my excessive sweating and find it helps my longer duration sessions with hydration/heat)
Actigin (I really notice recovery session to session, but it also has data for VO2max)

Nitrates tend to be a little harder to come by (in proper doses and not in formulas with extras) so I haven't been using as frequently, but Nitrosigine + Citrulline has been impressive this last month or so for me. Things like Epicatechin and Vaso6 have solid effects as well and I've noted decreased RHR with them.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, end of day, thebigt makes a good point - just have to keep progressing. Our recommendation may assist in the process though.
yup.

Smolovsquat

Awards
It really can depend on a lot of things with endurance.

Mostly in the sense that is such a "broad" term and then some comes down to personal experience (many ergogenic compounds increase pumps as well which can be detrimental depending on the type of endurance performed).

Personally I find things that help me recover from my training bouts help the most (since they help me recover from which ever specific training adaptions I am looking for).

In a wide sense the things I've found noticeably effective outside of the more basic ingredients (Creatine, Beta Alanine, Citrulline) and proper training nutrition (carbs, electrolytes):

Nitrates (also has research for repeated anaerobic work)
Mushrooms (Peako2 is my most frequently used, but quality Cordyceps do the trick)
Glycerol (helps with my excessive sweating and find it helps my longer duration sessions with hydration/heat)
Actigin (I really notice recovery session to session, but it also has data for VO2max)

Nitrates tend to be a little harder to come by (in proper doses and not in formulas with extras) so I haven't been using as frequently, but Nitrosigine + Citrulline has been impressive this last month or so for me. Things like Epicatechin and Vaso6 have solid effects as well and I've noted decreased RHR with them.

Yeah i tried ephedrine at bjj class a few times and it was awful.
First round of sparing was ok but then i got gassed way faster then normal.
I think i already have a high resting heart rate so that just sucked the energy out of me.
Its nice for lifting though if i have a sluggish day.

The no2 stuff i like, i do them daily since ive read the increased blood flow helps with recovery.
I think it actually does, and with the test cyp i do the no2 booster gives me crazy wood which i think my gf appreciates.

Electrolytes is also something i think of and consume. Esp sodium and pottasium, but i also eat a bunch of magnesium before bed.

I think my biggest problem is heart rate and getting it down.
Yesterday i was at an open mat training.
I did one 6min round then rest one for a total of about 6rounds which really Isnt that much.
Although i train alot less then most people there most still just go all rounds and do about 10 of those rounds.

But i felt that id rather rest in between and actually get some quality in then doing a couple rounds in a row and just gag or totally gas and not be able to move.

Today im pulling the sled and hopefully be able to do more then last time.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah i tried ephedrine at bjj class a few times and it was awful.
First round of sparing was ok but then i got gassed way faster then normal.
I think i already have a high resting heart rate so that just sucked the energy out of me.
Its nice for lifting though if i have a sluggish day.

The no2 stuff i like, i do them daily since ive read the increased blood flow helps with recovery.
I think it actually does, and with the test cyp i do the no2 booster gives me crazy wood which i think my gf appreciates.

Electrolytes is also something i think of and consume. Esp sodium and pottasium, but i also eat a bunch of magnesium before bed.

I think my biggest problem is heart rate and getting it down.
Yesterday i was at an open mat training.
I did one 6min round then rest one for a total of about 6rounds which really Isnt that much.
Although i train alot less then most people there most still just go all rounds and do about 10 of those rounds.

But i felt that id rather rest in between and actually get some quality in then doing a couple rounds in a row and just gag or totally gas and not be able to move.

Today im pulling the sled and hopefully be able to do more then last time.
I noticed that my heart rate is lower during hard cardio with Vaso6 and if you’re hydrated enough before/during Bjj it should help you breathe easier. Moderate/low dose of stims with low dose pump product have worked the best for me during grappling, too much of both can make it hard to breathe and/or too much pump in forearms and hands, especially during gi, so find a good dose that works for you.