Adjustable Bench w/Leg Extension (Looking For Product Recomendations)

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I got a new squat rack this month and the rack on my old bench is just getting in the way now. I'm looking to replace my old bench with a new one, but I want to make sure the new bench is adjustable, sturdy and has a leg extension that can hold 1" plates (and doesn't have a built in rack). I want to be able to give away the old rack because it would take up too much space to keep just for the leg curls/extensions.

I spent a few hours yesterday checking some local sporting goods stores to see if they had any on display, but none of them did. Amazon has some possible options, but my biggest concern is that these benches may not work well with my leg length (I'm 6'2"). Here are some of the products I found on Amazon that could potentially work:

Marcy Adjustable 6 Position Utility Bench with Leg Developer and High Density Foam Padding SB-350
Gold's Gym XRS 20 Olympic Workout Bench GGBE19615
HARISON Adjustable Weight Bench with Leg Extension and Preacher Pad, Flat Incline Decline Heavy Duty Exercise Bench for Home Workout Weight Training

I'd gladly check out other products from other sites if anyone has a good recommendation. My hope is that someone here has a bench w leg extension (and no rack) at their home gym that they think would work well for me and can give me the product info. I'd rather not roll the dice and find out, after I've built the thing, that I got something that was cheap and/or that I can't effectively use for leg curls.

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I got a new squat rack this month and the rack on my old bench is just getting in the way now. I'm looking to replace my old bench with a new one, but I want to make sure the new bench is adjustable, sturdy and has a leg extension that can hold 1" plates (and doesn't have a built in rack). I want to be able to give away the old rack because it would take up too much space to keep just for the leg curls/extensions.

I spent a few hours yesterday checking some local sporting goods stores to see if they had any on display, but none of them did. Amazon has some possible options, but my biggest concern is that these benches may not work well with my leg length (I'm 6'2"). Here are some of the products I found on Amazon that could potentially work:

Marcy Adjustable 6 Position Utility Bench with Leg Developer and High Density Foam Padding SB-350
Gold's Gym XRS 20 Olympic Workout Bench GGBE19615
HARISON Adjustable Weight Bench with Leg Extension and Preacher Pad, Flat Incline Decline Heavy Duty Exercise Bench for Home Workout Weight Training

I'd gladly check out other products from other sites if anyone has a good recommendation. My hope is that someone here has a bench w leg extension (and no rack) at their home gym that they think would work well for me and can give me the product info. I'd rather not roll the dice and find out, after I've built the thing, that I got something that was cheap and/or that I can't effectively use for leg curls.
What's your price range

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
What's your price range
The Amazon stuff is around 200 to 400 dollars, but I'd go up to say 600 w taxes and shipping if I knew I was getting something that was quality, would last, and worked well enough for my legs.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The Amazon stuff is around 200 to 400 dollars, but I'd go up to say 600 w taxes and shipping if I knew I was getting something that was quality, would last, and worked well enough for my legs.
Best bang for your buck <300 check out the brand Marcy, my buddy is 6'1 and that's the bench he has and he uses the leg ext on it no problem. If you wanna venture on the more expensive end of your budget look at rogue and prime. There going to probably start around 500-600 but there should be a lot to choose from. If I were you I'd figure out what the standard specs seem to be for the leg extensions, then you can look on those sites and see what they offer. You could also look into buying the bench that dosent have the leg ext but has the spot to add accessories, those ones are usually adjustable and you can buy more options down the road

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would check Amazon marketplace. I’ve gotten several items cheap that way.