Unanswered A metallic smell on my clothes

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Not really sure where else to ask this so please excuse for it only being kinda related to fat loss

These last couple months I’ve sometimes noticed a metallic smell on the short sleeved shirts I often wear on nights out. I’m a student, financier and entrepreneur and so very rarely do my clothes come into contact with metal. As a result, I can’t explain it.
The metallic smell isn’t particular nice and so I’d rather not have my clothes smell of it

I know that ketones taste metallic and so a possibility that came to mind is that the smell is from me sweating out ketones. I do intermittent fasting and have been averaging a deficit these last two months and so I’m wondering if that could be it.

Have any of you guys noticed anything similar or can you think of any possible causes?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If its smells like ammonia, up carbs, you are burning amino acids from protein.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If its smells like ammonia, up carbs, you are burning amino acids from protein.
Ammonia smells kinda eggy doesn’t it? This smell is definitely metallic. The thing that comes to mind when I try to identify it is rust and there’s no rust in my house or on my person

The smell is also nothing like protein farts

StatePlan1425

StatePlan1425

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ammonia smells kinda eggy doesn’t it? This smell is definitely metallic. The thing that comes to mind when I try to identify it is rust and there’s no rust in my house or on my person

The smell is also nothing like protein farts
You are thinking of sulfur. Ammonia definitely smells different. More like cat piss honestly.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I bet its ammonia. How else can you smell when training, besides sweat?
Cat piss comes close, LOL.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I bet its ammonia. How else can you smell when training, besides sweat?
Cat piss comes close, LOL.
I don’t smell it when I’m training but then I don’t usually sweat much when I’m training full stop. Even when I go back to the clothes I was wearing whilst training later on I can’t smell it

The scent is usually on clothes that I wore when I went clubbing or raving with friends. I usually take an OL super shred and some caffeine before I go clubbing

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don’t smell it when I’m training but then I don’t usually sweat much when I’m training full stop. Even when I go back to the clothes I was wearing whilst training later on I can’t smell it

The scent is usually on clothes that I wore when I went clubbing or raving with friends. I usually take an OL super shred and some caffeine before I go clubbing
When clothes smell funny after clubbing, its mostly seminal fluid of beta males, rubbing on you.