A few random questions about different SNS/CEL supps

Avengeme

Avengeme

Awards
  • Established
My first question is about GlucoVantage or really GDA's in general. It is advised to dose 15-30 minutes prior to a meal. What happens when dosing immediately before a meal or during a meal? Is the supplement less effective/completely ineffective at it's intended purpose or does it work just the same?

Another thought about GlucoVantage specifically, should this be avoided during muscle building phases due to berberine's potentially negative effects on hypertrophy?

I have EcdyPlex and Phosphatidic XT on hand, which would be better suited for a bulk (will likely be stacking with Anabolic XT for the final 2-4 weeks of my run then running solo for the remainder) and which would be better suited for maintenance?

Is one cap a day of Urolithin B an effective dose? In what scenario would you recommend dosing at 2 caps per day? Is it bodyweight dependent?

Are there any pros/cons to running Symplocos Racemosa Extract for extended periods? Since AXT/ClomaPlex/Recomp20 include this ingredient, one could potentially run it for months on end if cycling between those 3 products.

Are there any supplements that we should avoid using together? For instance I know it's not the greatest idea to use Forskolin alongside Berberine.

Conversely, are there any supps that are specifically synergistic with each other?

Last edited:

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My first question is about GlucoVantage or really GDA's in general. It is advised to dose 15-30 minutes prior to a meal. What happens when dosing immediately before a meal or during a meal? Is the supplement less effective/completely ineffective at it's intended purpose or does it work just the same?

It isn't the end of the world. I try to dose before, but most of the time I just pop them then prepare my food (even if that is just heating it up) and eat. I don't get to specific about it. Most of the studies on Berberine don't note a specific time period, they say "before" or "with" and don't denote a time frame (from what I have seen).

Another thought about GlucoVantage specifically, should this be avoided during muscle building phases due to berberine's potentially negative effects on hypertrophy?

You'll find varying opinions, but I think the net positive is still worth it in the right scenario. If you need to keep blood glucose under control then there isn't much better than Berberine. I just tend to dose mine away from training and I don't take huge doses (just as much as I need). Better daily blood glucose levels and the other health benefits should help to improve results overall even if there is a potential detriment theoretically.

I have EcdyPlex and Phosphatidic XT on hand, which would be better suited for a bulk (will likely be stacking with Anabolic XT for the final 2-4 weeks of my run then running solo for the remainder) and which would be better suited for maintenance?

I've only just started Phosphatidic XT and haven't used EcdyPlex, so don't have direct opinions. I'd just go with whatever interests you the most for now, they both should be beneficial in nearly any scenario as long as training and nutrition are squared away.

Is one cap a day of Urolithin B an effective dose? In what scenario would you recommend dosing at 2 caps per day? Is it bodyweight dependent?

1 cap (150mg) per day is fine. The popular products that first introduced this ingredient included 150mg per day and some people stacked 2 products for 300mg total, but plenty saw plenty of benefit with 150mg. It is a pretty cool ingredient I'd definitely start with 150mg unless maybe you are literally taking nothing else, but even then I'd start at 150 and only bump up if you feel the need.

Are there any pros/cons to running Symplocos Racemosa Extract for extended periods? Since AXT/ClomaPlex/Recomp20 include this ingredient, one could potentially run it for months on end if cycling between those 3 products.

I wouldn't be overly concerned. I still like to cycle off even my favorite ingredients occasionally, but this tends to be more as me just being cautious and because with extended use things tend to keep working, but you don't realize until you stop. Makes you "appreciate" the benefits more sometimes. This particular ingredient I think would be fine for more extended periods.

Are there any supplements that we should avoid using together? For instance I know it's not the greatest idea to use Forskolin alongside Berberine.

Out of the things you've listed so far in this post nothing drastically sticks out as needing to be avoided with eachother.

Conversely, are there any supps that are specifically synergistic with each other?

This could be a never ending post for me, but I'll just leave it with saying most of the SNS/CEL formulas you are looking at are already quite synergistic in just the single product itself with how many ingredients many of them contain so I wouldn't (and don't) feel drastic need combining things.

Answers in bold.

Avengeme

Avengeme

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the reply/info! I think I'll go with Ecdy to finish off my AXT run and then run Phosphatidic XT solo when I'm going into maintenance.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

I'm sorry that I missed this thread. I just saw it.

Thank you to @Resolve for giving some great answers.

GlucoVantage questions:
- If you can't time it exactly right before a meal, that's okay, just take it with the meal.
- It's fine to take GDA's during muscle building phases; a lot of people do that.

Ecdy-Plex & Phosphatidic Acid XT question:
- I think that Phosphatidic Acid XT is a great natural anabolic muscle builder and stacks great with most things and a lot of people have really enjoyed it with Phosphatidic Acid XT.
- Either is a great option though and should stack well with Anabolic XT.

Urolithin-B XT question:
- The suggested dose is 1 capsule (150 mg.) 1 to 2 times per day.
- Most people use 300 mg. (2 caps per day) but you could use 1 cap per day if you wanted to.

Symplocos question:
- Symplocos can definitely be ran for extended periods of time. The average cycle length of some of the products you mentioned that have it in there is 12 to 16 weeks and some people plan to use Cloma-Plex or Anabolic XT year round.
- As Resolve said, the only real benefit to coming off the ingredient would likely just be to make you appreciate it more when you went back on it.

The synergy and avoidance question - there is nothing that I've seen you mention that I think there would be any reason not to take together. As for synergy, yes there are some and I could write forever about that haha.