faxmulder

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hi folks,

I'm assembling a basic preworkout stack:

* agmatine
* citrulline
* taurine
* cordyceps (cycled with ginseng and Rhodiola)
* beta alanine

What do you think of this stack? Anything missing in your opinion?

I have a few open points:

1. Adding something else for energy, such as dynamine or a B complex would be overkill? Consider that usually I'm working out at around 6:30pm

2. Which are in your experience the best supps for enhancing muscle growth? I've seen that Tonkgat Ali, shilajit, forskolin, tribulus are sometimes advised.
Also ashwagandha KSM-66 and creatine, but I'm concerned about potential anhedonia from ash (even if it could help a lot with my anxiety and overthinking) and losing hair with creatine

3. Not related to preworkout, but I've started taking inositol (for sleep and mild OCD-like symptoms) and brewer's yeast (it seems to give benefits in terms of mood and energy).
Could they affect testosterone or LH levels in a bad way?

Thanks a lot!!

massolic

Awards
  • Established
Stick with the list you have, looks solid. Add creatine to post workout shake...boom!

Ive used Ash for long time, can't recall anhedonia, others may have

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Overall I think your list is pretty solid. I'd maybe add in some glycerol monostearate for a little extra pump and vascularity. Then like mentioned above creatine monohydrate in your post workout shake.

Potbelly

Potbelly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Do you really think that much before you lift

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Creatine and then Betaine is found in a lot of PWOs these days and has some good research behind it. From my experience I get the most out creatine and citrulline. Agmatine, taurine, BA, betaine are really nice to have - all I use regularly. I dont have much experience with cordyceps.

faxmulder

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Overall I think your list is pretty solid. I'd maybe add in some glycerol monostearate for a little extra pump and vascularity. Then like mentioned above creatine monohydrate in your post workout shake.
Thanks man, I'll add creatine as well.
Do you have by any chance experience with inositol and brewer's yeast? I've started the former for some anxiety/overthinking issues, the latter seems to give benefits in terms of energy and mood.
I'm wondering if they affect testosterone in a bad way.

faxmulder

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Creatine and then Betaine is found in a lot of PWOs these days and has some good research behind it. From my experience I get the most out creatine and citrulline. Agmatine, taurine, BA, betaine are really nice to have - all I use regularly. I dont have much experience with cordyceps.
Thanks man, did you experience any hair loss related to creatine? Do you have any experience with ashwagandha? I've seen that it could help with weight lifting.

faxmulder

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Stick with the list you have, looks solid. Add creatine to post workout shake...boom!

Ive used Ash for long time, can't recall anhedonia, others may have
Thanks man, I'll add creatine. Do you have any experience also with brewer's yeast and inositol?

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks man, did you experience any hair loss related to creatine? Do you have any experience with ashwagandha? I've seen that it could help with weight lifting.
No hair loss and to be honest Ive never heard of creatine causing hair loss.

Ive used ashwagandha a lot but thats only because it was in Flexatril, a discontinued joint supplement. So I cant say if the ashwagandha alone did anything amazing but I do see it has a lot of good benefits. I wouldnt call it a must have. Its in a ton of supplements including joint support, PWOs, post workout supps, test boosters, multi vitamins, stress/anxiety supps mainly for its adaptogenic properties.

faxmulder

Awards
  • First Up Vote
No hair loss and to be honest Ive never heard of creatine causing hair loss.

Ive used ashwagandha a lot but thats only because it was in Flexatril, a discontinued joint supplement. So I cant say if the ashwagandha alone did anything amazing but I do see it has a lot of good benefits. I wouldnt call it a must have. Its in a ton of supplements including joint support, PWOs, post workout supps, test boosters, multi vitamins, stress/anxiety supps mainly for its adaptogenic properties.
Awesome, thanks man

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks man, I'll add creatine as well.
Do you have by any chance experience with inositol and brewer's yeast? I've started the former for some anxiety/overthinking issues, the latter seems to give benefits in terms of energy and mood.
I'm wondering if they affect testosterone in a bad way.
I do not have experience with those but maybe someone who does will chime in.

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm a little late to the party on this thread, but I too like to create my own pre's from time to time. Sounds like a solid list. I myself like L-Arginine AKG. Last batch I threw in 500mg of Ashwagandha and 500mb Alpha Lipoic Acid. About a 20g scoop and a pack of sugar-free flavoring and good to go. Just don't forget the flavor pack. I did that once and took a big swig. Yuck!