A couple questions about spiro and hair loss

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Okay I got my spiro 5% cream today from http://www.wholesalehairproducts.com (came pretty quickly, I would buy from them again).

I just have a few questions now... what is the best way to apply this goop? Should I just put some on my fingers and massage it on all of my scalp (except my sides and back of head)? How much should I massage in... a teaspoonful or so total? And last but not least, how long should it take before I see a reduction in this damn shedding (I am still on a 4-AD/M14ad cycle).

Thanks alot guys.

P.S.-By the way, is minoxidil effective at all in preventing hairloss caused by being "on cycle" (similar to spiro)?

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Take your morning shower. With hair still wet and damp, apply cream to front of scalp and basically where ever else it needs attention...

Use as much as you need to cover the spots being treated...

Repeat again in the evening before bed.

Results should be noticed within a week or so I'd say....it always did for me..everyone's different though and for some it may not work at all...

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Take your morning shower. With hair still wet and damp, apply cream to front of scalp and basically where ever else it needs attention...

Use as much as you need to cover the spots being treated...

Repeat again in the evening before bed.

Results should be noticed within a week or so I'd say....it always did for me..everyone's different though and for some it may not work at all...
Sounds good, thanks.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I just have a few questions now... what is the best way to apply this goop?

P.S.-By the way, is minoxidil effective at all in preventing hairloss caused by being "on cycle" (similar to spiro)?
The 5% cream that I got from somewhere else is pretty thick, just like a cream.
You just have to apply a small amount on the sides and top of your head.

And no, minoxidil cannot prevent hairloss from androgens, it only helps in getting hair to grow back. Stopping its use will cause hair to fall out (like before) again.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Yeah to bad Spiro only has like a 3-4hr halflife in the skin. I guess thats all we have until someone comes out with the good stuff (hint, hint Sledge :D )

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah to bad Spiro only has like a 3-4hr halflife in the skin. I guess thats all we have until someone comes out with the good stuff (hint, hint Sledge :D )
What is the "Good stuff"... RU352153125 or whatever?

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Yeah RU58841, total topical androgen surpression. On another board some guys get it made in China and works pretty well. It's an improvement over Spiro, but not a cure. There are some issues about bad RU, but with Sledge being such a meticulous guy I don't think it would be an issue.

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah RU58841, total topical androgen surpression. On another board some guys get it made in China and works pretty well. It's an improvement over Spiro, but not a cure. There are some issues about bad RU, but with Sledge being such a meticulous guy I don't think it would be an issue.
Ah, ok, I was wondering if that was what you were referring to. What is the price range for that stuff?

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
They buy in bulk, from what I understand. And it usually runs about $1200 for like 15 grams or something. The problem is that it loses effiency after the first month, some people think that the powders degrade quite fast. But then some others say that the lab tests do not support that theroy. So I realy can't answer if and why goes down hill after a month.