Quest for Success vol. #1

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Hello all. I have decided to steer away from my other training log so that I can go ahead and shoot for my goals with this one. My goals are slightly more straight forward, and I will be training far more intensely to get to them.

Day #1 - 7/6/08

Ate almost completely clean. The only flaw being a glass of caffeine free diet pepsi. I was in a bind for cold liquid and that was the best option sadly. All other diet was on point.

Played tennis for near 4 hours today. In 2 sets of doubles we lost both. 6-7 (5) and 4-6. I played very well but my partner had a lesson right before we played our sets and was visibly very tired by the middle of the first set. If he was fresh, i'm convinced we would have won both quite easily.

Supps :

MST Cordygen5
MST MVP365
MST Shred Xs Hardcore
RPN DCP
CL Purple Wraath
MST ZMK
MST Somnidren GH

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Day 2 - 7/7/08

Great day today. Didn't really sleep all that much but the zmk and somnidren helped me out tremendously in this department. Woke up to my girlfriend rubbing my back which was a nice change of pace, haha.

Diet was great today. Nothing off course. All natural and almost all organic. Very pleased with the food content of the day!

Had a nice long walk (over a mile) and then did some Renegade Yoga for about 45 minutes. Felt really good to get loose and stretched out after all that tennis yesterday followed by an overnight shift in the same day. I'm very much looking forward to bed now, haha.

Supps :

MST MVP365
MST Hardcore Shred Xs
RPN DCP
Prosource Nytrowhey Ultra
MST ZMK
MST Somnidren GH

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Edit :

Forgot to add that I went and spoke with a buddy of mine today who just opened a local gym and he's going to let me use his space for KB training classes. This is amazing news as it's my first step to leaving my god awful job!!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad to follow your log! :)

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
The Hypnotic Eye Pimp Cat is here!

I'm here to help support "Team Deuce" and give you a kick in the ass if need be...lol. :D.

Cheers bud!:cheers:

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Subscribed homie!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Thank you guys :)

I am fully ready to receive my lashings if I slack off even a bit :)

With 2 very big tennis tournaments coming shortly (one on clay and the other on grass), I cannot afford to take my training lightly in the least bit right now.

I am also going to start carrying a jump rope with me in my "travel bag" that I keep in my car. It will be good for downtime :)

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm in!

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for the invite...I'll do what I can to crack the whip when you slack off!

you gonna post some pictures?

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the invite...I'll do what I can to crack the whip when you slack off!

you gonna post some pictures?
At the end for sure. I have a starting pic from a few days before I decided to up the levels a bit...so I will take one the day of the last of these 2 tournaments and then afterwards I will set a new set of goals and start vol #2 :)

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
yes sir, lets get that pre picture up!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I have the shirtless one on my digital camera that I haven't thrown on the computer yet..but this one is from about 3-5 days ago which is the picture I will be using for my bio at renegadetrainer.com

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Looking good in here Chuck! I'm subbed in for sure! :D

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Looking good in here Chuck! I'm subbed in for sure! :D
Thanks Matt. I thought you'd dig my attire choice for the starting picture, haha. Glad you'll be following...I always appreciate your support!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
day 3 - 7/8/08

Today was a nice day. I took the day off of anything extensive and just worked on some Renegade core and leg work (RX positions, step ups, box lunges, body weight squats, etc) to get my body in the right state. I still felt really good and loose from doing the yoga last night...and tomorrow I have a tennis practice that should have me on court about 3 hours and with pre/post work altogether a total of about 4-5 hours will be spent being physical. I'm looking forward to it!

Diet today was very good. Solid and Natural. Had a good variety of fruits and vegetables as well as lean meats...definitely a solid day. According to a book that I read, for a cut I personally should be around 2600 cals...which is funny since i'm probably around 2100. I don't keep track simply because I don't have time, and i'm not that meticulous

Supps :

MST MVP365
MST Cordygen5
MST Hardcore Shred Xs
RPN DCP
MST ZMK
MST Somnidren GH

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ohhh I am so in for the whip cracking:)

Took me a minute to find the log, the link you sent me was dead.

Kettleballs huh, I love those I wish my gym had some.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Ohhh I am so in for the whip cracking:)

Took me a minute to find the log, the link you sent me was dead.

Kettleballs huh, I love those I wish my gym had some.
If I taught at your gym, then it definitely would, haha. I am building my client base now and then leaving my lame job and heading into "the industry". I'm pumped, haha.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
day 4 - 7/9/08

Another solid day. Nutrition was on point all day long...I actually might have had too much protein by % if thats possible, haha. Very solid day.

For about an hour I had some stretching/warmup work (Rx positions, Jumprope, Suicides, etc.) on court. Practiced serve for about a half hour, then warmed up hitting for about another half hour. After the first 2 hours had elapsed...I then played 3 sets of doubles with a 4-6, 6-2, 6-7(4) result. Losing the final set in a tiebreak hurt real bad. I was exhausted at this point and very emotionally in tune with my game and wanted that one bad. We'll get em' next time ;). On court for a total of about 4 1/2 hours. Definitely a good day. It is now 3 hours later and i'm feeling a little tight in the shoulders (serving) so I am probably going to grab a light resistance band and do some shoulder capsule work to ensure I am not stiff tomorrow.

Supps :

MST Hardcore Shred Xs
MST Cordygen5
RPN DCP
CL Purple Wraath
MST ZMK
MST Somnidren GH

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think I'll have you send me your shoulder stuff, see if it helps me ;)

Sounds like you had a great day!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I think I'll have you send me your shoulder stuff, see if it helps me ;)

Sounds like you had a great day!
It was definitely a solid day for sure. I will shoot you a PM with instructions as soon as I have a minute to really type something out, haha. More than likely it will take a good few minutes with a few different exercises and explaining everything, haha.

If I forget by like...tomorrow night, just remind me!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
day 5 - 7/10/08

Felt great today! Woke up nice and early (i'm guessing from the ghsr stack) and had some breakfast with my girlfriend before kicking it all off. Was supposed to go talk to my buddy that owns the gym I will be teaching at, but alas, he was busy. Went home and had a small workout instead. Only had about 40 mins to work with, so this is what I came up with :

KB Swings - 3x8
KB power cleans - 2x8, 1x10
KB Power clean to push press - 2x8, 1x10
KB power clean to front squat - 2x8, 1x10
KB Power snatch - 3x8 *each arm*
Pushups - 50
plank - 3x 20 seconds
Shoulder capsule work

Felt really good to work out

Diet was in order for the most part. Only little "off-set" was having 2 homemade pot stickers that a guy at work had made for me. I love asian cuisine and nothing is better than some REAL homemade asian cuisine. Lots of fruit today and some good lean protein sources. Awesome.

Supps :

MST MVP365
MST Carnage
MST Cordygen v02
MST Hardcore Shred Xs
RPN DCP
CL Purple Wraath
MST ZMK
MST Somnidren GH

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
day 6 - 7/11/08

Today was another good day. Woke up nice and early because I had some tennis going on at 10am. I only played for about an hour and a half today...but it felt good to be out on court either way. I'm actually glad I didn't play more because work tonight was hellish to say the least. Lots of running, lifting, and carrying occuring at work all night basically. I'm glad that's over!

Nutrition was very well in tact. I had 8 servings of fruit today which i'm sure was something my body needed if I craved it that much. Drank a whole lot of water too. The building was super hot at work tonight.

Supps :

MST MVP365
MST Cordygen 5
RPN DCP
Prosource Nytrowhey Extreme
CL Purple Wraath

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
day 7 - 7/12/08

Today was good for the most part. The diet was steady, however, I just couldn't stop eating!! I mean...maybe that's good for my body with a higher cal day that will kind of surprise my system...but damn. While "cutting" I really don't care to take in too many excess foods, haha. I'm sure my body just needed the extra though. Maybe i've gone too low lately and needed some energy stores for tomorrow's tennis match ;)

...or maybe my body knew this was the end of week 1 and tomorrow will be a weighing process, haha. I don't mind that at all. Most of the time I don't pay much attention to the scale anyway. As long as I feel good then i'm happy, haha. If I miss my goal by a lb. or two at the end, but I feel on my game...then this was a huge success!!

No workout today other than another fast paced day at work. I'm off tomorrow which I desperately need!

supps :

MST MVP365
RPN DCP
CL Purple Wraath
MST Somnidren gh
MST ZMK

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I will post a full update tonight, but it seems as though I must have weighed in the beginning of this log after a big carb day or something. I started at 217.4 and after today's one week weigh in, I am at 213.4. No complaints...just weird results for only a week, haha.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
day 8 - 7/13/08

Today was the first weigh in of the "cycle" as I listed before. Results = -4lbs.!!!

I did not expect that much in the first week which means that more than likely, my first weighing was after a heavy meal day. Either that or I was holding a ton of excess water at that weighing, haha. Either way, I will be weighing after each week, same time in the morning, same clothing setup (nude). One week down...feeling good!

Today was the start of the 2nd week and it was a great way to start. Nice, hot day and a usta match! Well we did not win today which was a little un-nerving. I started off a little sluggish because I didn't warm up much and my partner wasn't hitting well and immediately we were down 0-3. We tried to fight back but my partner couldn't get into the first set really. We lost that set 2-6. In the 2nd set I really hit well. One of my best sets of this season so far. Sadly...my teammate had probably his worst. He was just off today and we dropped the 2nd set (and the match) 4-6. Hopefully better results next week.

The plus of all that was the fact that with pre-match warm up jogging, jumprope, and sprints...I was active for about 2 hours straight. Felt good to be on court and competitive that long. Hopefully we can break through next week and pull out a W!

Diet was good today. I was Staaaavin' after the match so my girlfriend and I went to a nice little local place called Dale's. I ate more than I should have, but it's all fresh and organic foods so I didn't worry too much...especially after all the calories I must have just worked off. My highlight of the meal was my favorite reason for going there....Strawberry-Banana smoothie. Organic vanilla yogurt, organic skim milk, ice, bananas, strawberries....delicious!

Looking forward to tomorrow. I'm deciding on whether to take the day off or do some lifting. I work the overnight tomorrow night and will probably not sleep ALL that great tonight...so we'll see what the cards have in store ;)

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
day 9 - 7/14/08

Today was a long one! It was my transition from day off to graveyard shift so I was up at 10am this morning and it is now 8am the following morning and I am posting about my day. Always a tough transition for me!

I kept the activity light today so that i'd have enough energy for work. I'm really glad I did because the first half of work I was killin it and then out of nowhere I fell out pretty hard. If I had a full workout, i'd have not made it tonight!

As far as working out...

Rx 1 - 3x 15 seconds
Rx 2 - 3x 15 seconds
Bodyweight squats - 3x10
Pushups - 25
Box Lunge - 2 x 2 *showing my girlfriend how to do them*
Squat Thrust - 2x2 *same as above*
45 minute walk

The nutrition end was good. It always feels like I ate too much on the transition day because i'm awake for so long, but I know I didn't. Highlight was definitely making dinner at my girlfriends. I make a pretty awesome meatloaf with 93% lean ground beef, organic cage free eggs, organic ketchup, onions, peppers, and much much more, haha. Had some fresh veggies for sides. It was a good dinner.

supps :

MST Cordygen v02
MST MVP365
RPN DCP
Prosource Thermo GTX

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you had a good workout and a good dinner!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you had a good workout and a good dinner!
Haha well I didn't plan on working out at all...then I said i'd take it light...and even though it was still light, I ended up doing more than I expected anyway, haha.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Keep going strong there bud! I'm still watching and following along on your log as well bud. If you slip up...you'll get a nice...:nutkick:. Just messing with ya bud. :p. Keep your diet in check or you might deal with some :gas::toilet: problems. HAHAHAHAHA...:toofunny:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
day 10 - 7/15/08

Well my sleep..sucked. As usual coming off that transition, I was so over tired that I couldn't sleep well. Ended up getting about 4 hours total. This prevented me from doing anything extensive since I was on the graveyard shift again and wanted to salvage any energy possible. Here is what I did end up doing.

Squat box Jump = 3x8
Plank = 3x 30 seconds
Side Plank = 3x 30 seconds *each side*
50 crunches with 2 second pause at top.

Not a very intense day to say the least...but my energy levels were rather low. Have tennis practice when I wake up, so that will be sure to kick my arse a bit.

Nutrition was solid today all around.

supps :

MST MVP365
MST Cordygen v02
RPN DCP
Prosource Thermo GTX
MST Somnidren gh
MST ZMK

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Keep going strong there bud! I'm still watching and following along on your log as well bud. If you slip up...you'll get a nice...:nutkick:. Just messing with ya bud. :p. Keep your diet in check or you might deal with some :gas::toilet: problems. HAHAHAHAHA...:toofunny:

haha at least 8 points creativity for the usage of all those smileys ;)

thanks for following along buddy!

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
haha at least 8 points creativity for the usage of all those smileys ;)

thanks for following along buddy!
Gotta keep things vivid and lively, its all about the entertainment value. I'm flamboyant and flashy like that...hahahaah. :toofunny:

Cheers Bud!:cheers:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
looking great buddy! keep up the good work!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
day 11 - 7/16/08

I...am an idiot.

I just had a full update ready and went to copy it and instead hit paste...my whole post dissapeared. I love today.

Now my update will be very short, haha.

Tennis practice tonight...won a few sets, lost a few sets. On court a total of 3 hours.

Nutrition was good, I am going to bed.

I'm...angry I did that.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
day 11 - 7/16/08

I...am an idiot.

I just had a full update ready and went to copy it and instead hit paste...my whole post dissapeared. I love today.

Now my update will be very short, haha.

Tennis practice tonight...won a few sets, lost a few sets. On court a total of 3 hours.

Nutrition was good, I am going to bed.

I'm...angry I did that.

Ive done that too many times...

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I don't even have the desire to fix any of the post...thats how mad I am.:bruce2:

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Next time you do that hold down the ctrl button and the z. It should bring it back. i've done it a few times.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
sounds like your progress is coming along! -4lbs on day 8 is impressive...

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
sounds like your progress is coming along! -4lbs on day 8 is impressive...
Yah apparantly a real solid first week, haha. I'm hoping to continue steady progress...but i'm sure that 4lbs a week won't be happening, haha. I'm alright with that anyway...my goal was 2 per week. Thanks!!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
day 12 - 7/17/08

A solid day overall. I finally got a little sleep so that was comforting, but I had a mandatory corporate meeting before my shift so with that and heading to lunch with my girlfriend, I had to be at my shift right afterwards. Off day as far as a workout. I did walk quite a few miles during my shift though...so I suppose not all was lost!

Nutrition was pretty much on point. Only trouble spot was in the morning I had whey in water and then nothing else until after my meeting which took FOREVER...so when I had lunch about 4 hours later, I ate too much. It leveled out throughout the day...but I can't stand that really full feeling.

supps :

MST MVP365
MST Cordygen v02
RPN DCP
CL Purple Wraath
Prosource Thermo GTX
MST ZMK

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
day 13 - 7/18/08

Another good day. I woke up nice and early to make sure that I got a decent workout in today before going to see my girlfriend and then the inevitable fate of my most hated enemy and I clashing....work.

Did some kettlebell work today and this is how it all went down.

1 arm KB swings - 8x8x10 *each arm*
KB power cleans - 8x8x10
KB front squat - 8x8x10
KB clean to push press - 8x8x8

tossed in a few turkish getup's and some resistance band work and hit the showers!

Felt nice and loose after that. Nutrition was good all day today. I think I was really low on calories though. I haven't been keeping track so I couldn't say...but I didn't feel like I took much in. Could be partly due to the fact that I was at work and the healthy options are few and far between when I forget to bring lunch. Mostly banana's, granola, and occasionally I can find a good salad.

supps :

MST Cordygen v02
MST Carnage
MST MVP365
CL Purple Wraath
RPN DCP
Prosource Thermo GTX

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
day 14 - 7/19/08

A fairly good day overall. After leaving work real late last night, I had to be back at 9am this morning so needless to say, no workout other than my job occured. Did a lot of moving, bending, and lifting at work...but nothing out of the ordinary. Tomorrow morning is a weigh in so we'll see where the scale says i'm at. My guess is I will be right around where I ended 7 days ago. Something weird to me about losing 4lbs. in one week. I bet that levels out with this week's results.

Nutrition was good today. Just ate some natural foods to keep me going at work since there was nothing actually healthy to eat. Had some good pork loin tonight so that was nice. A good day.

Well...tennis match tomorrow so I need to catch some rest! Til the morning's weigh in...

supps :

MST MVP365
MST Cordygen5
RPN DCP
Prosource Thermo GTX
MST ZMK

UPDATE: 2 days ago my acid reflux started to act up and I began to monitor it throughout the last few days. The only changes i've made to supplements or diet has been adding thermo gtx so I am going to remove it altogether and see what kind of effect that has. As soon as my MST shipment arrives, I will be back on Shred anyway.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Also...i'm not sure if it's all the added leg work doubled with the tennis time but my leg muscles feel MUCH more full than they ever have before. I mean, even during taking rpm/drive which was very good to me via fullness and hardness. This is good news :)

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Can't wait for the weigh in. Maybe you are picking up some mass in your legs! I'm not familiar with the supps you are taking ?