Rob's Velocity Diet Log (I will get unfat!)

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    1271

    Rob's Velocity Diet Log (I will get unfat!)


    I want to lose 20 pounds of fat. I've tried your normal body builder diet and the anabolic diet, but I wasn't getting results as fast as I want. Its summer, and I'm determined to have a beach body before its over. My pics are in another thread in the pic section. I'll post updated one when I'm further along.

    Heres my starting stats
    6'4 276lbs
    Between 22 and 25 BF%
    Arms 16.25
    Mid Thigh 29
    Chest 47.5
    Shoulders 55
    Gut Around Bellybutton 46
    Neck 17

    I started the diet on Monday (memorial day). So far its been almost a week. Heres my meal plan:

    Shakes 1-5
    1 tbsp flax powder
    1 tsp fish oil
    1 scoop Matrix Blend
    1 scoop Optimum Casein

    Shake 6
    1 tbsp natty PB
    1 scoop Optimum Whey
    1 scoop Optimum Casein

    Post Workout Shake (instead of one of the 5 shakes)
    2 scoops Matrix Blend
    4 tbsp gatorade
    1 tbsp creatine

    Supps-
    1.5g PLCAR 3x day
    2 Levi Reloaded Tabs 2x day
    1 Glucophase XR 3x day
    2 Green Tea tabs 3x day
    Extend BCAAs before and during workouts.
    ZMA blend pre bed
    vitamin C tab periodically

    Pretty much doing full body workouts 3x a week. Have a deadlift day and a squat day and work from there.

  2. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    1271

    Some velocity diet observations:

    -Flaxseeds that are not milled well leave bloody stools when you eat them 5x day. Powder rules.

    -I don't think I've been getting 1gr protein per bodyweight as my strength has been flying up since I started on Monday and I feel good.

    -I added salt to a shake and it helped alot. Theres no sodium in this diet.

    -I'd kill for a chicken breast.

    -I only miss food certain times. Almost like a smoker who just quit missing smoking based on triggers.
  3. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    1271

    Week 1 results

    Starting 276lbs
    Between 22 and 25 BF%
    Arms 16.25
    Mid Thigh 29
    Chest 47.5
    Shoulders 55
    Gut Around Bellybutton 46
    Neck 17

    Now 272.5
    BF unknown
    Arms 16.25
    Thigh 27.5
    Chest 47.5
    Shoulders 53
    Gut 44
    Neck 16.5

    So it looks like my weight is down a couple of pounds and my gut is down 2 inches. Thats good news. My goal is still to get to 255 though...

    My lifts are up. I'll start recording them in the log next week.

    I had my one meal for the week last night. It was a steak with grilled cucumbers and salad. Best meal I've ever had.
    •   
       

  4. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    1271

    Day 8:

    Started Clen today at 20 mcg . Yum yum. I really want to get to 255 ASAP.

    Hit the gym:

    Squat
    135x10
    185x10
    225x10

    My squatting is weak after I adjusted my form. Taking it slowly and building back up to 3 plates. I'll adjust for the weak squatting with heavy leg press and hack squat later in the week.

    Flat Bench
    135x12
    225x10
    225x6

    Bent Over Rows
    95x12
    110x10
    135x10

    Assisted Pull Ups
    -150x10
    -150x8
    -200x10

    Arnold Presses
    30x12
    40x10

    Had to end early when the gold gym child care lady came out and said my 2 year old daughter was choking a little boy. What a bad kid. I yanked her out and took her home. Sucked. Had another set of Arnolds, and was going to finish up with some hamstring curls and some arms.

    Considering week 2 is supposed to be the hardest week, its pretty easy so far.
    Last edited by RobInKuwait; 06-02-2008 at 06:42 PM.
  5. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    1271

    Day 9

    Did some clen at 40mcg today.

    Did my NEPA (non-exercise physical activity) walking a couple miles with my wife and 2 kids (2yr old and 7 month old). The two year old got tired after about a quarter mile, so I basically lugged around 30 pounds on my shoulders for an hour. Good workout.

    A recommendation for anyone with a job whose doing this diet:
    Buy those little glad tupperware things, the smallest size and premix your shakes in them. Makes life easy.

    Weighed 270.5 this morning
  6. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    1271

    Day 10

    Weighed 269.5
    This is the first time under 270 since 2005!

    Did 60mcg clen today.

    Just an observation. PLCAR is the sh!t. It makes me strong as hell and makes my body feel great.

    Deadlifts
    135x10
    225x10
    315x5 (could have done more but lost grip strength)

    Military press
    115x12
    135x10
    135x8

    Machine Rows
    120x10
    140x8
    140x6

    Dumbbell Press
    60x12
    75x8

    Lat Machine
    160x12
    210x10

    Dumbbell Curls
    25x10

    Barbell Curls
    20x10
  7. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    1271

    Day 11

    Weighed 270.5

    So much for being in the 260s!

    Did 80mcg clen today and walked for an hour listening to a book on the MP3. Time flew by.
  8. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    1271

    Day 12

    270.0

    100mcg clen

    Squats
    135x12
    185x10
    225x10

    Pull Ups (Assisted)
    -110x10
    -85x10
    -95x10

    Stiff Leg Deadlift
    90x12
    110x12
    135x10

    Dumbell Rows
    60x10
    65x10

    Shoulder Press
    50x10
    60x10

    I really wanted to do more exercises, but the clen was making my heart pound after the rows and shoulder presses and I was sweating bullets. I didn't want to risk a heart attack and keel over .

    Its weird, I can't feel the clen all day hardly (well, I can feel it a little, but its not unpleasant) then when I have a workout, I start sweating bullets and my pulse starts racing.

    Also had my second meal in the last two weeks after that workout!

    :hot:

    8oz Buffalo Steak
    1 cup mixed veggies

    Yum
    Last edited by RobInKuwait; 06-06-2008 at 06:59 PM.
  9. Registered User
    Xodus's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,902
    Rep Power
    1040

    Subbed.

    Good work so far, curious to see how that turns out for you.

    I liked the V-Diet.
  10. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    1271

    Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    Subbed.

    Good work so far, curious to see how that turns out for you.

    I liked the V-Diet.
    Good to have some company!

    The V-Diet isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Its actually kind of fun to tell people I don't eat
  11. JDF
    JDF is offline
    Registered User
    JDF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    521
    Rep Power
    342

    im in bro...


    I cheated on my Vdiet tonight, needed some actual food so I went out w/ the girlfriend and had some ckn parm.

    Oh well 1 meal cant ruin the 12lbs im down already

    How you feeling on that clen? I was thinking about it but I just seem to like the ECA stack
  12. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    1271

    Quote Originally Posted by JDF View Post
    im in bro...


    I cheated on my Vdiet tonight, needed some actual food so I went out w/ the girlfriend and had some ckn parm.

    Oh well 1 meal cant ruin the 12lbs im down already

    How you feeling on that clen? I was thinking about it but I just seem to like the ECA stack
    Damn! 12 pounds?! I'm only down 5 after 2 weeks

    Clen is different than ECA for me. ECA gave me a focusing effect and kind of always made me feel wired. Clen is pretty much completely physical for me. For instance when I was in the gym today, I was fine for most of my workout, then my heart just started pounding like crazy on the last set. It also makes me sweat like crazy when working out.
  13. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    1271

    Day 13

    Decided to go and and post my measurements, even though its a day early. The results are good, even though I'm not losing as much as I'd like. I think I may be recomping more than anything as my arms are larger and my shoulders seem to be a little larger.

    I started on May 26, but I only have measurements from the week before. They should be similar though.

    5/17/2008
    WEIGHT 280
    ARM (flexed) 16.25
    THIGH 29
    CHEST 47.5
    SHOULDERS 55
    GUT 46
    NECK 17

    6/1/2008
    WEIGHT 272.5 (-7.5)
    ARM (flexed) 16.25 (no change)
    THIGH 27.5 (no change)
    CHEST 47.5 (no change)
    SHOULDERS 53.5 (-1.5)
    GUT 44 (-2)
    NECK 16.5 (-.5)

    6/7/2008
    WEIGHT 270 (-2.5) -10 total
    ARM (flexed) 16.5 (+.25) +.25 total
    THIGH 27.5 (no change) -1.5 total
    CHEST 48 (+.5) +.5 total
    SHOULDERS 54.5 (+1) -.5 total
    GUT 43 (-1) -3 total
    NECK 16.75 (+.25) -.25 total

    I noticed I have a lot less fat on my inner thighs, butt and of course my gut.

    I think I may start integrating solid meals into the plan on Monday. I go to Annual Training for National Guard a week from now and will be gone from June 14-28, then I'll go to on vacation the week after that. Should be an interesting month.
  14. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    1271

    Before


    Posting before and current pics.

    This one is from May 25.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
  15. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    1271

    Today


    I took these today.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
  16. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    1271

    They look exactly the same
  17. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    1271

    Day 14

    I've had enough.

    Its not that I couldn't have done this diet forever. My energy levels are high, I'm not really hungry. Nah, thats enough.

    Two weeks with only two meals. Not bad. I am disappointed however. I can't help feel like at my bodyfat% I could have lost the same amount on a normal cut. 5 pounds is meh, but 3 inches off my stomach is nice.

    I'm going back to the Anabolic Diet. I like it. I'll continue logging my workouts and progress if anyone wants to follow.
  18. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    7,397
    Rep Power
    700725

    Well do it here, cause I just seen this.


    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  19. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    1271

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Well do it here, cause I just seen this.


    Adams

    Will do!
  20. JDF
    JDF is offline
    Registered User
    JDF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    521
    Rep Power
    342

    I feel ya rob, I've dropped weight but no change in 5 days.


    I think Im pretty much done with this and I might jump back on a keto diet as well

    Gratz on the 3" though!
  21. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    1271

    Quote Originally Posted by JDF View Post
    I feel ya rob, I've dropped weight but no change in 5 days.


    I think Im pretty much done with this and I might jump back on a keto diet as well

    Gratz on the 3" though!
    Thanks! One thing about this diet, is that when you're done, clean food feels like your cheating!
  22. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    1271

    Ok, its been a few months, but heres an update. I went away to annual training for the National Guard for the second half of June, then went on vacation. I have been following the Anabolic Diet for about 6 weeks in the time since then. The bold numbers are ones taken today.

    5/17/2008 8/14/2008
    WEIGHT: 280 267
    ARM (flexed): 16.25 16.5
    THIGH: 29 27
    CHEST: 47.5 49.5
    SHOULDERS: 55 56
    GUT: 46 43
    NECK: 17 17
    BF%: 28% 22.4%

    I'd like to be down around 20.5% by this time next month. I'm going to start tapering off calories more, start lifting 4 times a week instead of 3, and continue walking 2-3 times a week for an hour.
  23. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    1271

    grams calories %total
    Total 3453
    Protein 344 1376 39.85%
    Carbs 40 160 4.63%
    Fiber 19 76 2.2%
    Sugar 15 60 1.74%
    Fat 213 1917 55.52%
    Sat 48 432 12.51%
    Poly 58 522 15.12%
    Mono 105 945 27.37%

    This was todays diet. I feel like I went a little high in cals today. I think 3000 would be optimal for me. Obviously I'm doing the anabolic diet. Any feedback will be appreciated.

    Centrum
    2 g ALCAR
    3 ECGC tabs

    Meal 1
    2 pieces extra thick bacon
    4 raw eggs (yum)

    Meal 2 (PWO)
    2 Scoops Optimum Whey
    2 tbsp Oil

    Meal 3
    2 chicken thighs
    1 cup brocoli

    2g ALCAR
    3 ECGC Caps

    Meal 4
    2 Scoops Optimum Casein
    2 oz Pecans/Walnuts

    Meal 5
    2 chicken thighs
    1 cup brocoli

    1 scoop Poseidon (just arrived in mail!)

    Meal 6
    3 celery stalks
    2 tbsp peanut butter

    Meal 7
    2 chicken thighs

    1 scoop Poseidon

    Meal 8
    1 Scoops Optimum Casein
    2 eggs
    2 tbsp heavy cream
  24. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,329
    Rep Power
    922354

    just a question, and I know this might seem trivial, but is there a reason for the chicken thighs over lets say chicken breast? Thighs are a fattier piece of meat.

    Also, glad to see some poseidon coming in, I love adding it in throughout the course of the day. Gives me a little "umpff". Not sure if that word even makes sense
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  25. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    1271

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    just a question, and I know this might seem trivial, but is there a reason for the chicken thighs over lets say chicken breast? Thighs are a fattier piece of meat.

    Also, glad to see some poseidon coming in, I love adding it in throughout the course of the day. Gives me a little "umpff". Not sure if that word even makes sense
    Well, I hate chicken breasts with a passion. Its the one food thats almost impossible for me to choke down. Also, on the Anabolic Diet I'm supposed to get like 65% of my cals from fat, so the thighs have 20g protein/ 10g fat each, so in theory, it should be a good ratio.

    Would you recommend I cut out the thighs and replace it with a trimmer cut of meat, then get my fats from Fish Oils and other "cleaner" sources?

    Poseidon is nice. I gave my wife some, but she hasn't felt anything yet. I'm going to keep giving it to her and see if she notices a difference. I felt good, but I'm a placebo junky. If she notices a difference I know theres something there
  26. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,329
    Rep Power
    922354

    Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    Well, I hate chicken breasts with a passion. Its the one food thats almost impossible for me to choke down. Also, on the Anabolic Diet I'm supposed to get like 65% of my cals from fat, so the thighs have 20g protein/ 10g fat each, so in theory, it should be a good ratio.

    Would you recommend I cut out the thighs and replace it with a trimmer cut of meat, then get my fats from Fish Oils and other "cleaner" sources?

    Poseidon is nice. I gave my wife some, but she hasn't felt anything yet. I'm going to keep giving it to her and see if she notices a difference. I felt good, but I'm a placebo junky. If she notices a difference I know theres something there
    that sucks about the chicken breasts. Those are my favorites and I cant stand thighs. Go figure.

    If you feel comfortable with the thighs by all means, however I would go with the leaner piece myself and use the EFA's if I can.

    Regarding poseidon, how long has your wife been using it. Everyone is different, so sometimes I think we all feel things at different intervals. I am with you, I am a placebo junkie, I swear things work as soon as I swallow them. Let me know how she does on it, I am a huge fan of it myself, and would love to get some female feedback.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  27. Registered User
    Xodus's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,902
    Rep Power
    1040

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    that sucks about the chicken breasts. Those are my favorites and I cant stand thighs. Go figure.

    If you feel comfortable with the thighs by all means, however I would go with the leaner piece myself and use the EFA's if I can.

    Regarding poseidon, how long has your wife been using it. Everyone is different, so sometimes I think we all feel things at different intervals. I am with you, I am a placebo junkie, I swear things work as soon as I swallow them. Let me know how she does on it, I am a huge fan of it myself, and would love to get some female feedback.

    Just a thought, but are you buying 'good' chicken breasts or the cheap frozen things that are 15% nasty preservative solution?

    Try some decent, non-frozen organic chicken breast from Whole Foods or at least a reputable organic, non solution filled breast and see if you like them any better.
  28. Registered User
    Xodus's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,902
    Rep Power
    1040

    What I had noticed with Poseidon is by taking hydration measurements on my scale every day for months, it always hovered around 48%. After several weeks on Poseidon, I was hovering around 54% consistently. There was no increase in water intake, just the addition of Poseidon to my water bottles several times a day. I got several compliments on my skin, like my face was healthier and glowing with no other supplementation change.
  29. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    1271

    Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    Just a thought, but are you buying 'good' chicken breasts or the cheap frozen things that are 15% nasty preservative solution?

    Try some decent, non-frozen organic chicken breast from Whole Foods or at least a reputable organic, non solution filled breast and see if you like them any better.
    I've tried frozen, fresh, spices, pretty much everything....not organic though, maybe I should give that a try. I *can* choke down chicken breasts if I need to, but its definitely not something that I like. They're also not that bad drenched in olive oil or marinated for like a day.

    Also, I don't always eat chicken...often times I eat steak and salmon as well, I just happened to eat all chicken yesterday.
  30. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,329
    Rep Power
    922354

    Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    Just a thought, but are you buying 'good' chicken breasts or the cheap frozen things that are 15% nasty preservative solution?

    Try some decent, non-frozen organic chicken breast from Whole Foods or at least a reputable organic, non solution filled breast and see if you like them any better.
    this is very important. I always go with the organic, even though you pay a little more, it is so much better for you.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  31. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,329
    Rep Power
    922354

    Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    What I had noticed with Poseidon is by taking hydration measurements on my scale every day for months, it always hovered around 48%. After several weeks on Poseidon, I was hovering around 54% consistently. There was no increase in water intake, just the addition of Poseidon to my water bottles several times a day. I got several compliments on my skin, like my face was healthier and glowing with no other supplementation change.
    I have heard the skin thing as well. One of the major draws to Poseidon is that it has so many varying benefits that can range from performance to skin.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  32. Registered User
    Xodus's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,902
    Rep Power
    1040

    Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    I've tried frozen, fresh, spices, pretty much everything....not organic though, maybe I should give that a try. I *can* choke down chicken breasts if I need to, but its definitely not something that I like. They're also not that bad drenched in olive oil or marinated for like a day.

    Also, I don't always eat chicken...often times I eat steak and salmon as well, I just happened to eat all chicken yesterday.

    Try brining some organic breasts prior to baking them. I'm a huge steak/salmon fan myself, just chicken ends up being a cheap staple for me.
  33. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    1271

    Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    What I had noticed with Poseidon is by taking hydration measurements on my scale every day for months, it always hovered around 48%. After several weeks on Poseidon, I was hovering around 54% consistently. There was no increase in water intake, just the addition of Poseidon to my water bottles several times a day. I got several compliments on my skin, like my face was healthier and glowing with no other supplementation change.
    Does this mean I will carry more water weight on Poseidon?
  34. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    1271

    Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    Try brining some organic breasts prior to baking them. I'm a huge steak/salmon fan myself, just chicken ends up being a cheap staple for me.
    Brining?
  35. Registered User
    Xodus's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,902
    Rep Power
    1040

    Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    Does this mean I will carry more water weight on Poseidon?

    I didn't look 'softer', nor did I notice any additional scale weight. Usually higher levels of hydration means you carry less water weight/bloat.

    Definitely not like 'creatine bloat', if that is what you are worried about.
  36. Registered User
    Xodus's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,902
    Rep Power
    1040

    Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    Brining?

    http://bbq.about.com/od/poultry/a/aa120906a.htm
  37. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    1271

    Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    I didn't look 'softer', nor did I notice any additional scale weight. Usually higher levels of hydration means you carry less water weight/bloat.

    Definitely not like 'creatine bloat', if that is what you are worried about.
    Ok, thought that was what you meant...for a second I was thinking until waiting until after the summer to continue taking it (not that it makes that much of a difference when you're 21.8% bf )
  38. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    1271

    Mmmmm....that sounds tasty. Gonna get some chicken breasts and give it a try. My biggest complaint about them is that they get dry and this looks like a good way of fixing that.

    Thanks Xodus.
  39. Registered User
    Xodus's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,902
    Rep Power
    1040

    Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    Mmmmm....that sounds tasty. Gonna get some chicken breasts and give it a try. My biggest complaint about them is that they get dry and this looks like a good way of fixing that.

    Thanks Xodus.

    Perfect way to fix dried out chicken breasts. Sometimes I swap out part of the water with broth, either vegetable or chicken, for some additional flavor.
  40. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    1271

    5/17/2008 8/14/2008 9/4/2008
    WEIGHT: 280 267 269
    ARM (flexed): 16.25 16.5 16.5
    THIGH: 29 27 28
    CHEST: 47.5 49.5 50
    SHOULDERS: 55 56 56.5
    GUT: 46 43 43
    NECK: 17 17 17
    BF%: 28% 22.4% unknown

    I seem to be growing well.

    I've decided I'm going to stay on the Anabolic Diet and do a 3 week SD (the original) cycle at 20mg.

    I'm going to slightly up my calories to about 4000-4200, higher as needed....but other than that not change much in the diet.

    For PCT, I'm doing Nolva-40/40/30/20 and adding in creatine and DHEA.

    My goal is to correct the muscular imbalance between my upper back and chest (my upper back is weaker), build core strength, and build leg and arm strength.

    I'll barely be touching my chest for the next 3 weeks.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 04:38 PM
  2. Velocity Diet! I Think I am going to do it!
    By oxman in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12-27-2008, 11:53 AM
  3. ATW Velocity Diet +
    By 01yz426 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-26-2008, 11:33 AM
  4. ATW Velocity Diet +++
    By 01yz426 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-25-2008, 10:07 PM
  5. Considering Velocity Diet
    By Ninsha in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 02:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in