Rob's Velocity Diet Log (I will get unfat!)

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
I want to lose 20 pounds of fat. I've tried your normal body builder diet and the anabolic diet, but I wasn't getting results as fast as I want. Its summer, and I'm determined to have a beach body before its over. My pics are in another thread in the pic section. I'll post updated one when I'm further along.

Heres my starting stats
6'4 276lbs
Between 22 and 25 BF%
Arms 16.25
Mid Thigh 29
Chest 47.5
Shoulders 55
Gut Around Bellybutton 46
Neck 17

I started the diet on Monday (memorial day). So far its been almost a week. Heres my meal plan:

Shakes 1-5
1 tbsp flax powder
1 tsp fish oil
1 scoop Matrix Blend
1 scoop Optimum Casein

Shake 6
1 tbsp natty PB
1 scoop Optimum Whey
1 scoop Optimum Casein

Post Workout Shake (instead of one of the 5 shakes)
2 scoops Matrix Blend
4 tbsp gatorade
1 tbsp creatine

Supps-
1.5g PLCAR 3x day
2 Levi Reloaded Tabs 2x day
1 Glucophase XR 3x day
2 Green Tea tabs 3x day
Extend BCAAs before and during workouts.
ZMA blend pre bed
vitamin C tab periodically

Pretty much doing full body workouts 3x a week. Have a deadlift day and a squat day and work from there.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Some velocity diet observations:

-Flaxseeds that are not milled well leave bloody stools when you eat them 5x day. Powder rules. :dump:

-I don't think I've been getting 1gr protein per bodyweight as my strength has been flying up since I started on Monday and I feel good.

-I added salt to a shake and it helped alot. Theres no sodium in this diet.

-I'd kill for a chicken breast.

-I only miss food certain times. Almost like a smoker who just quit missing smoking based on triggers.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Week 1 results

Starting 276lbs
Between 22 and 25 BF%
Arms 16.25
Mid Thigh 29
Chest 47.5
Shoulders 55
Gut Around Bellybutton 46
Neck 17

Now 272.5
BF unknown
Arms 16.25
Thigh 27.5
Chest 47.5
Shoulders 53
Gut 44
Neck 16.5

So it looks like my weight is down a couple of pounds and my gut is down 2 inches. Thats good news. My goal is still to get to 255 though...

My lifts are up. I'll start recording them in the log next week.

I had my one meal for the week last night. It was a steak with grilled cucumbers and salad. Best meal I've ever had.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Day 8:

Started Clen today at 20 mcg . Yum yum. I really want to get to 255 ASAP.

Hit the gym:

Squat
135x10
185x10
225x10

My squatting is weak after I adjusted my form. Taking it slowly and building back up to 3 plates. I'll adjust for the weak squatting with heavy leg press and hack squat later in the week.

Flat Bench
135x12
225x10
225x6

Bent Over Rows
95x12
110x10
135x10

Assisted Pull Ups
-150x10
-150x8
-200x10

Arnold Presses
30x12
40x10

Had to end early when the gold gym child care lady came out and said my 2 year old daughter was choking a little boy. What a bad kid:frustrate. I yanked her out and took her home. Sucked. Had another set of Arnolds, and was going to finish up with some hamstring curls and some arms.

Considering week 2 is supposed to be the hardest week, its pretty easy so far.

Last edited:
RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Day 9

Did some clen at 40mcg today.

Did my NEPA (non-exercise physical activity) walking a couple miles with my wife and 2 kids (2yr old and 7 month old). The two year old got tired after about a quarter mile, so I basically lugged around 30 pounds on my shoulders for an hour. Good workout.

A recommendation for anyone with a job whose doing this diet:
Buy those little glad tupperware things, the smallest size and premix your shakes in them. Makes life easy.

Weighed 270.5 this morning :)

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Day 10

Weighed 269.5
This is the first time under 270 since 2005! :cool:

Did 60mcg clen today.

Just an observation. PLCAR is the sh!t. It makes me strong as hell and makes my body feel great.

Deadlifts
135x10
225x10
315x5 (could have done more but lost grip strength)

Military press
115x12
135x10
135x8

Machine Rows
120x10
140x8
140x6

Dumbbell Press
60x12
75x8

Lat Machine
160x12
210x10

Dumbbell Curls
25x10

Barbell Curls
20x10

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Day 11

Weighed 270.5

So much for being in the 260s!

Did 80mcg clen today and walked for an hour listening to a book on the MP3. Time flew by.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Day 12

100mcg clen

Squats
135x12
185x10
225x10

Pull Ups (Assisted)
-110x10
-85x10
-95x10

Stiff Leg Deadlift
90x12
110x12
135x10

Dumbell Rows
60x10
65x10

Shoulder Press
50x10
60x10

I really wanted to do more exercises, but the clen was making my heart pound after the rows and shoulder presses and I was sweating bullets. I didn't want to risk a heart attack and keel over :).

Its weird, I can't feel the clen all day hardly (well, I can feel it a little, but its not unpleasant) then when I have a workout, I start sweating bullets and my pulse starts racing.

Also had my second meal in the last two weeks after that workout!

:hot:

8oz Buffalo Steak
1 cup mixed veggies

Yum

Last edited:
Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Subbed.

Good work so far, curious to see how that turns out for you.

I liked the V-Diet.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Subbed.

Good work so far, curious to see how that turns out for you.

I liked the V-Diet.
Good to have some company!

The V-Diet isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Its actually kind of fun to tell people I don't eat :)

JDF

Awards
  • Established
im in bro...

I cheated on my Vdiet tonight, needed some actual food so I went out w/ the girlfriend and had some ckn parm.

Oh well 1 meal cant ruin the 12lbs im down already :food:

How you feeling on that clen? I was thinking about it but I just seem to like the ECA stack

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
im in bro...

I cheated on my Vdiet tonight, needed some actual food so I went out w/ the girlfriend and had some ckn parm.

Oh well 1 meal cant ruin the 12lbs im down already :food:

How you feeling on that clen? I was thinking about it but I just seem to like the ECA stack
Damn! 12 pounds?! I'm only down 5 after 2 weeks :sad:

Clen is different than ECA for me. ECA gave me a focusing effect and kind of always made me feel wired. Clen is pretty much completely physical for me. For instance when I was in the gym today, I was fine for most of my workout, then my heart just started pounding like crazy on the last set. It also makes me sweat like crazy when working out.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Day 13

Decided to go and and post my measurements, even though its a day early. The results are good, even though I'm not losing as much as I'd like. I think I may be recomping more than anything as my arms are larger and my shoulders seem to be a little larger.

I started on May 26, but I only have measurements from the week before. They should be similar though.

5/17/2008
WEIGHT 280
ARM (flexed) 16.25
THIGH 29
CHEST 47.5
SHOULDERS 55
GUT 46
NECK 17

6/1/2008
WEIGHT 272.5 (-7.5)
ARM (flexed) 16.25 (no change)
THIGH 27.5 (no change)
CHEST 47.5 (no change)
SHOULDERS 53.5 (-1.5)
GUT 44 (-2)
NECK 16.5 (-.5)

6/7/2008
WEIGHT 270 (-2.5) -10 total
ARM (flexed) 16.5 (+.25) +.25 total
THIGH 27.5 (no change) -1.5 total
CHEST 48 (+.5) +.5 total
SHOULDERS 54.5 (+1) -.5 total
GUT 43 (-1) -3 total
NECK 16.75 (+.25) -.25 total

I noticed I have a lot less fat on my inner thighs, butt and of course my gut.

I think I may start integrating solid meals into the plan on Monday. I go to Annual Training for National Guard a week from now and will be gone from June 14-28, then I'll go to on vacation the week after that. Should be an interesting month.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Day 14

I've had enough.

Its not that I couldn't have done this diet forever. My energy levels are high, I'm not really hungry. Nah, thats enough.

Two weeks with only two meals. Not bad. I am disappointed however. I can't help feel like at my bodyfat% I could have lost the same amount on a normal cut. 5 pounds is meh, but 3 inches off my stomach is nice.

I'm going back to the Anabolic Diet. I like it. I'll continue logging my workouts and progress if anyone wants to follow.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well do it here, cause I just seen this.

Adams

JDF

Awards
  • Established
I feel ya rob, I've dropped weight but no change in 5 days.

I think Im pretty much done with this and I might jump back on a keto diet as well

Gratz on the 3" though!

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
I feel ya rob, I've dropped weight but no change in 5 days.

I think Im pretty much done with this and I might jump back on a keto diet as well

Gratz on the 3" though!
Thanks! One thing about this diet, is that when you're done, clean food feels like your cheating! :)

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Ok, its been a few months, but heres an update. I went away to annual training for the National Guard for the second half of June, then went on vacation. I have been following the Anabolic Diet for about 6 weeks in the time since then. The bold numbers are ones taken today.

5/17/2008 8/14/2008
WEIGHT: 280 267
ARM (flexed): 16.25 16.5
THIGH: 29 27
CHEST: 47.5 49.5
SHOULDERS: 55 56
GUT: 46 43
NECK: 17 17
BF%: 28% 22.4%

I'd like to be down around 20.5% by this time next month. I'm going to start tapering off calories more, start lifting 4 times a week instead of 3, and continue walking 2-3 times a week for an hour.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
grams calories %total
Total 3453
Protein 344 1376 39.85%
Carbs 40 160 4.63%
Fiber 19 76 2.2%
Sugar 15 60 1.74%
Fat 213 1917 55.52%
Sat 48 432 12.51%
Poly 58 522 15.12%
Mono 105 945 27.37%

This was todays diet. I feel like I went a little high in cals today. I think 3000 would be optimal for me. Obviously I'm doing the anabolic diet. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Centrum
2 g ALCAR
3 ECGC tabs

Meal 1
2 pieces extra thick bacon
4 raw eggs (yum) :food:

Meal 2 (PWO)
2 Scoops Optimum Whey
2 tbsp Oil

Meal 3
2 chicken thighs
1 cup brocoli

2g ALCAR
3 ECGC Caps

Meal 4
2 Scoops Optimum Casein
2 oz Pecans/Walnuts

Meal 5
2 chicken thighs
1 cup brocoli

1 scoop Poseidon (just arrived in mail!)

Meal 6
3 celery stalks
2 tbsp peanut butter

Meal 7
2 chicken thighs

1 scoop Poseidon

Meal 8
1 Scoops Optimum Casein
2 eggs
2 tbsp heavy cream

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just a question, and I know this might seem trivial, but is there a reason for the chicken thighs over lets say chicken breast? Thighs are a fattier piece of meat.

Also, glad to see some poseidon coming in, I love adding it in throughout the course of the day. Gives me a little "umpff". Not sure if that word even makes sense

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
just a question, and I know this might seem trivial, but is there a reason for the chicken thighs over lets say chicken breast? Thighs are a fattier piece of meat.

Also, glad to see some poseidon coming in, I love adding it in throughout the course of the day. Gives me a little "umpff". Not sure if that word even makes sense
Well, I hate chicken breasts with a passion. Its the one food thats almost impossible for me to choke down. Also, on the Anabolic Diet I'm supposed to get like 65% of my cals from fat, so the thighs have 20g protein/ 10g fat each, so in theory, it should be a good ratio.

Would you recommend I cut out the thighs and replace it with a trimmer cut of meat, then get my fats from Fish Oils and other "cleaner" sources?

Poseidon is nice. I gave my wife some, but she hasn't felt anything yet. I'm going to keep giving it to her and see if she notices a difference. I felt good, but I'm a placebo junky. If she notices a difference I know theres something there :)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, I hate chicken breasts with a passion. Its the one food thats almost impossible for me to choke down. Also, on the Anabolic Diet I'm supposed to get like 65% of my cals from fat, so the thighs have 20g protein/ 10g fat each, so in theory, it should be a good ratio.

Would you recommend I cut out the thighs and replace it with a trimmer cut of meat, then get my fats from Fish Oils and other "cleaner" sources?

Poseidon is nice. I gave my wife some, but she hasn't felt anything yet. I'm going to keep giving it to her and see if she notices a difference. I felt good, but I'm a placebo junky. If she notices a difference I know theres something there :)
that sucks about the chicken breasts. Those are my favorites and I cant stand thighs. Go figure.

If you feel comfortable with the thighs by all means, however I would go with the leaner piece myself and use the EFA's if I can.

Regarding poseidon, how long has your wife been using it. Everyone is different, so sometimes I think we all feel things at different intervals. I am with you, I am a placebo junkie, I swear things work as soon as I swallow them. Let me know how she does on it, I am a huge fan of it myself, and would love to get some female feedback.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
that sucks about the chicken breasts. Those are my favorites and I cant stand thighs. Go figure.

If you feel comfortable with the thighs by all means, however I would go with the leaner piece myself and use the EFA's if I can.

Regarding poseidon, how long has your wife been using it. Everyone is different, so sometimes I think we all feel things at different intervals. I am with you, I am a placebo junkie, I swear things work as soon as I swallow them. Let me know how she does on it, I am a huge fan of it myself, and would love to get some female feedback.

Just a thought, but are you buying 'good' chicken breasts or the cheap frozen things that are 15% nasty preservative solution?

Try some decent, non-frozen organic chicken breast from Whole Foods or at least a reputable organic, non solution filled breast and see if you like them any better.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
What I had noticed with Poseidon is by taking hydration measurements on my scale every day for months, it always hovered around 48%. After several weeks on Poseidon, I was hovering around 54% consistently. There was no increase in water intake, just the addition of Poseidon to my water bottles several times a day. I got several compliments on my skin, like my face was healthier and glowing with no other supplementation change.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Just a thought, but are you buying 'good' chicken breasts or the cheap frozen things that are 15% nasty preservative solution?

Try some decent, non-frozen organic chicken breast from Whole Foods or at least a reputable organic, non solution filled breast and see if you like them any better.
I've tried frozen, fresh, spices, pretty much everything....not organic though, maybe I should give that a try. I *can* choke down chicken breasts if I need to, but its definitely not something that I like. They're also not that bad drenched in olive oil or marinated for like a day.

Also, I don't always eat chicken...often times I eat steak and salmon as well, I just happened to eat all chicken yesterday.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

this is very important. I always go with the organic, even though you pay a little more, it is so much better for you.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What I had noticed with Poseidon is by taking hydration measurements on my scale every day for months, it always hovered around 48%. After several weeks on Poseidon, I was hovering around 54% consistently. There was no increase in water intake, just the addition of Poseidon to my water bottles several times a day. I got several compliments on my skin, like my face was healthier and glowing with no other supplementation change.
I have heard the skin thing as well. One of the major draws to Poseidon is that it has so many varying benefits that can range from performance to skin.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
I've tried frozen, fresh, spices, pretty much everything....not organic though, maybe I should give that a try. I *can* choke down chicken breasts if I need to, but its definitely not something that I like. They're also not that bad drenched in olive oil or marinated for like a day.

Also, I don't always eat chicken...often times I eat steak and salmon as well, I just happened to eat all chicken yesterday.

Try brining some organic breasts prior to baking them. I'm a huge steak/salmon fan myself, just chicken ends up being a cheap staple for me.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Does this mean I will carry more water weight on Poseidon?

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Does this mean I will carry more water weight on Poseidon?

I didn't look 'softer', nor did I notice any additional scale weight. Usually higher levels of hydration means you carry less water weight/bloat.

Definitely not like 'creatine bloat', if that is what you are worried about.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
I didn't look 'softer', nor did I notice any additional scale weight. Usually higher levels of hydration means you carry less water weight/bloat.

Definitely not like 'creatine bloat', if that is what you are worried about.
Ok, thought that was what you meant...for a second I was thinking until waiting until after the summer to continue taking it (not that it makes that much of a difference when you're 21.8% bf ) :)

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Mmmmm....that sounds tasty. Gonna get some chicken breasts and give it a try. My biggest complaint about them is that they get dry and this looks like a good way of fixing that.

Thanks Xodus.

Perfect way to fix dried out chicken breasts. Sometimes I swap out part of the water with broth, either vegetable or chicken, for some additional flavor.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
5/17/2008 8/14/2008 9/4/2008
WEIGHT: 280 267 269
ARM (flexed): 16.25 16.5 16.5
THIGH: 29 27 28
CHEST: 47.5 49.5 50
SHOULDERS: 55 56 56.5
GUT: 46 43 43
NECK: 17 17 17
BF%: 28% 22.4% unknown

I seem to be growing well.

I've decided I'm going to stay on the Anabolic Diet and do a 3 week SD (the original) cycle at 20mg.

I'm going to slightly up my calories to about 4000-4200, higher as needed....but other than that not change much in the diet.

For PCT, I'm doing Nolva-40/40/30/20 and adding in creatine and DHEA.

My goal is to correct the muscular imbalance between my upper back and chest (my upper back is weaker), build core strength, and build leg and arm strength.

I'll barely be touching my chest for the next 3 weeks.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
you may wanna re-think your cycle/diet. smarter folks than me have told me that some 'supps' are carb-dependent. superdrol, apparently, is at the top of that list.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
you may wanna re-think your cycle/diet. smarter folks than me have told me that some 'supps' are carb-dependent. superdrol, apparently, is at the top of that list.

I was doing the AD/MD while on SD. You won't 'grow' as much, but you will get hella strong. Lethargy was the biggest b!tch with SD and low carbs.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
I appreciate the heads up. I've read quite a few people have said exactly what you did. However, on the CKD mega thread, Botch said he responded better without carbs. I'm going to give it a go to see how I do on it. I've done superdrol a few years ago with carbs, so I have a baseline.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
I was doing the AD/MD while on SD. You won't 'grow' as much, but you will get hella strong. Lethargy was the biggest b!tch with SD and low carbs.
I gained like 15 lbs in 6 weeks my first go around with SD, so if I only gain 5 in 3 weeks, I'll be more than happy. This time around I'm really looking to build strength in lagging bodyparts and correct muscular imbalances.

I heard DHEA is good for the lethargy....

JDF

Awards
  • Established
I gained like 15 lbs in 6 weeks my first go around with SD, so if I only gain 5 in 3 weeks, I'll be more than happy. This time around I'm really looking to build strength in lagging bodyparts and correct muscular imbalances.

I heard DHEA is good for the lethargy....

6 weeks on SD :think:

Thats a long time on teh drawlz

EDIT** what about running dermacrine along side the SD to combat lethargy, supposed to be equal to 250ml of Test a week

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
6 weeks on SD :think:

Thats a long time on teh drawlz

EDIT** what about running dermacrine along side the SD to combat lethargy, supposed to be equal to 250ml of Test a week
It was when it first came out. No one really knew to much about, just that it was a "miracle steroid". :)

Whats dermacrine?

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Jesus. Superdrol is awesome. I felt like a god in the gym.

Libido has already crashed, but I'm going to start 100mg DHEA ED to help with that.

Just weighed myself. Went from 269 to 276 in one day. Its probably not real weight. I have upped my calories. I'm curious how much I'll be after the carb up this weekend.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Jesus. Superdrol is awesome. I felt like a god in the gym.

Libido has already crashed, but I'm going to start 100mg DHEA ED to help with that.

Just weighed myself. Went from 269 to 276 in one day. Its probably not real weight. I have upped my calories. I'm curious how much I'll be after the carb up this weekend.
I weighed 289 today after the carb up. Thats 18 pounds in the last 4 days.

I'm guessing 10-12 pounds is water weight, but that is still insane weight gain.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
I weighed 289 today after the carb up. Thats 18 pounds in the last 4 days.

I'm guessing 10-12 pounds is water weight, but that is still insane weight gain.
One day later and I'm back to 281. The water weight fluctuations between the SD and the carb up is insane.