Sinner's summer workout log

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Finals are FINALLY over, and it's the good ol' summertime. Celebrated my Grandma's 80th B-day this weekend, and pigged out on some Steak and delicious B-Day Cake. It was awesome, and totally worth me feeling like a fatass the day after. Anyhow, started up a new routine today. Decided to mix things up a li'l with some supersets and whatnot, and only lift 3x per week.

Today was Legs and Shoulders:

Superset Cleans/Upright Rows: 185*8/115*11
DB Walking Lunges: 65*20
Hamstring Curls: 60*8
Rear Delt Raise*: 15*15
Donkey Calf Raise (machine): 360*40
Decline Crunches: 25*14

*For rear delt raise, I'm sitting on a bench with my chest against my knees, and holding the weights at parallel for 1-2 counts.

All in all a good workout to kick off my summer.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Off day today.

Slept in (and loved it).

Jumped rope in the afternoon. Teaching my buddy how to jump rope "sinner style". He's getting the criss crosses down pretty good.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Finals are FINALLY over, and it's the good ol' summertime. Celebrated my Grandma's 80th B-day this weekend
Congratulations on both events. Love your's for me too...I miss mine a lot.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congratulations on both events. Love your's for me too...I miss mine a lot.
I'll see what I can do. I'm gonna be at school taking a few extra courses :/

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chest & Tri's today. Really great workout. Went crazy on the rest pauses.

Weighted Dips: 135*12+3
Hammer Strength Isolateral Chest: 290*10+1
Board Press: 245*10
Tricep Rope Pushdowns: 80*10+2
Donkey Calf Raise: 450*30
Dragon Flags: 20

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Do you do warmup sets before rest/pause ?

This reminds me of DC training.

Up kinda early for being done with school eh ?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you do warmup sets before rest/pause ?

This reminds me of DC training.

Up kinda early for being done with school eh ?
Yeah, I'll do 1-2 warm up sets before my "working" set.

I'm up early because I have work in the morning.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Went and jumped rope in the afternoon for kicks. It was raining today and I was bored.

Tried to end with a triple, but failed :sad:

So I just did some triples.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
damn yO... nice vids hehe, looking tight as always

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Curious how long did it take you to get the hang of the cross over jump? I have everything else down but can't seem to consistently get the X going in my routine. Any pointers?

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Do you do the chants I see the kids doing when they jump rope?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Curious how long did it take you to get the hang of the cross over jump? I have everything else down but can't seem to consistently get the X going in my routine. Any pointers?
I've been jumping for a few years now. Practice is the big thing. After long bouts, my shoulders would get stiff, and so I started to learn to criss-cross to keep loose.

When learning how to do it.
-Move at a slower tempo. Work on coordinating your arm movements in sync with your footwork.
-Make sure to "snap" your wrists when crossing and uncrossing
-DON'T THINK ABOUT IT!! I've been teaching the guy who filmed the vid's how to criss-cross. He's getting it, but he thinks too hard about it, eventually hesitates, and loses it.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you do the chants I see the kids doing when they jump rope?
If the little kids are chanting the things I say when I jump rope, their mamma's need to wash their mouths out with soap. :D

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cardio today.

Did some fasted cardio on the treadmill this morning. Probably gonna do something later this afternoon. Ideas?

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
what's your opinion on chest exercises ? I've heard arguments from both sides saying that inner, outer, lower, etc and all angles need to be hit.

I've also heard the argument that a chest exercise is a chest exercise and the pecs get stimulated no matter what.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
From personal experience with my new trainer I believe in hitting the different angles. When I just did chest exercises as a general I never got sore or saw much difference. With her I'm sore every week and I'm seeing different cuts and muscle pop up.

snookl187

snookl187

Awards
  • Established
I'm always down with a sinner log. What supps are you running currently?

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
damn, those are some jump rope skills!

thanks for making me realize i'm still in remedial jump rope class.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I've been jumping for a few years now. Practice is the big thing. After long bouts, my shoulders would get stiff, and so I started to learn to criss-cross to keep loose.

When learning how to do it.
-Move at a slower tempo. Work on coordinating your arm movements in sync with your footwork.
-Make sure to "snap" your wrists when crossing and uncrossing
-DON'T THINK ABOUT IT!! I've been teaching the guy who filmed the vid's how to criss-cross. He's getting it, but he thinks too hard about it, eventually hesitates, and loses it.
Thanks man.

Yea I only recently started (about 2 months maybe) and am getting the hang of it pretty quickly. I do agree I am over thinking a lot of the incorporation of the cross over instead of just letting it flow.

So much more fun/focus inducing/intense than the ellipticals and other cardio stuff as well. Good stuff.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm always down with a sinner log. What supps are you running currently?
Right now it's just Hyperdrol, MassFX, and a li'l 7-keto as I'm finishing up the tail end of my 3-AD PCT. I've only got a few days left, I think.

Thanks man.

Yea I only recently started (about 2 months maybe) and am getting the hang of it pretty quickly. I do agree I am over thinking a lot of the incorporation of the cross over instead of just letting it flow.

So much more fun/focus inducing/intense than the ellipticals and other cardio stuff as well. Good stuff.
I totally agree. I did cardio on a treadmill this morning and was ready to put a freaking bullet in my head. Stick with it. It's really fun and really great exercise.

what's your opinion on chest exercises ? I've heard arguments from both sides saying that inner, outer, lower, etc and all angles need to be hit.

I've also heard the argument that a chest exercise is a chest exercise and the pecs get stimulated no matter what.
For best overall development, decline DB/Bench or dips.

A lot of the pro's stick to inclines at different angles to give their chest a better shape.

damn, those are some jump rope skills!

thanks for making me realize i'm still in remedial jump rope class.
I didn't really have a response to your post, but I didn't want you to feel left out. :)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I knew you would appreciate it, Hank.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I ended up doing some HIIT sprints on the treadmill for my afternoon session. I'm hoping I can keep up the two-a-day cardio's when summer semester kicks in.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back & Biceps today.

DB Deadlift: 150's*8
Barbell Row: 265*8
Weighted Pullups: 70*9
Incline DB Curls: 60*5+1
Decline Crunches: 10*20

Deads with DB's was interesting. Really gave me a deep stretch in the traps and upper back. I was surprised to see myself reach positive failure so early in the set (was expecting to hit the teens). Although, DB's seem to offer a larger range of motion. Felt like I was working muscles I hadn't worked in a while. Overall, I think I like it.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
i forget but when you do deads with dbs, do you touch the floor? and if so do you rest it for a second or keep moving?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i forget but when you do deads with dbs, do you touch the floor? and if so do you rest it for a second or keep moving?
I touched the floor, but did not fully rest it on the ground. It was a nice change of pace from the usual deadlift with a straight bar.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I touched the floor, but did not fully rest it on the ground. It was a nice change of pace from the usual deadlift with a straight bar.
I sound like a sexual predator on trial in this post. :afro:

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The deads with dumbells are nice. They definitely allow more stretching room.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Legs and Shoulders today:

Front Squat (to parallel): 245*10
DB Walking Lunges: 65*22
Arnold Press: 60*12
DB Side Laterals: 30*11
DB Shrugs: 85*12 100*12
Seated Calf Raise: 135*??

Science term of the day :) - Maillard reaction- a redox reaction between carbohydrates and amino acids to form various glycosylamines. This reaction is what gives things like toast and coffee their brownish color and taste.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
So what's the game plan once PCT is complete ?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not sure, actually. I was thinking of taking a few weeks off, and starting a big cycle sometime in June.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
You should give X-Factor a whirl and run it solo.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Been meaning to try the bulk XF.

Also forgot that I ordered Green Magnitude the other day. Should be arriving sometime this week. So I'll have that going for a while, I guess. I heard it's decent, and that it tastes pretty good. I figured I'd give it a shot.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Let me know what ya think of Green Mag Sin. I heard good things about it as well. I have a relatively novice friend (year of lifting no real supplements) who has really taken to whole lifting a nutrition thing a good deal. I pawned the trial of green magnitude onto him to see how he reacts (while I try Rag) and if I should try it :D.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yesterdays cardio was just some of dat dere jump rope. My training partners rope broke, so we had to call it quits early on the JR department and went on the ellipticals for the remainder of the workout. I really don't care for the elliptical machines.

Chest and Tri's today.

Weighted Dips: 160*7
Incline DB Press: 110*6
DB Pullovers: 110*10
JM Press: 225*6
Tricep Rope Pushdowns: 80*10
Donkey Calf Raise: 360*30
Decline Crunches: 10*25

Science term of the day: diffusion. - If you remember the concept of entropy from my 3-AD log, this will make sense pretty easily. Diffusion is the random dispersion of a fluid being introduced into another fluid, until a point of max entropy (equilibrium) occurs. A really good example would be to put a few drops of red food dye into a glass of water. You'lls see the red dye start to spread out, until the water turns kinda pinkish

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha! I remembered to wake up this morning :D

Morning cardio was nothing out of the norm. Just walked on the treadmill for 40 minutes. Varying speeds and inclines, 13%-15% gradient, 3-4mph. It's surprising how much such a simple scheme makes me sweat.

Oh yeah. Today is the last day of PCT. Got my Green Magnitude today. Will probably try it out tomorrow. Hopefully it's good. It smells delicious (green apple).

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
Haha! I remembered to wake up this morning :D

Morning cardio was nothing out of the norm. Just walked on the treadmill for 40 minutes. Varying speeds and inclines, 13%-15% gradient, 3-4mph. It's surprising how much such a simple scheme makes me sweat.

Oh yeah. Today is the last day of PCT. Got my Green Magnitude today. Will probably try it out tomorrow. Hopefully it's good. It smells delicious (green apple).
ive been using green mag for well over a year now on and off, what syour dosing gonna look like?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back and Biceps today

Rack Pulls: 365*9
Seated Cable Row: 230*9
Weighted Chin-ups: 75*6+1
Spider Curls: 90*9+1
Donkey Calf Raise: 450*30
Decline Crunches: 25*21

That creatine stuff was delish.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Quite making me google these exercises dammit! :D

You doing any loading scheme with the green mag or just the standard 1 scoop before/ 1 scoop before 1 after?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Quite making me google these exercises dammit! :D

You doing any loading scheme with the green mag or just the standard 1 scoop before/ 1 scoop before 1 after?
just the standard dose. Creatine loading is yet to show any benefit over regular dosing.

Plus this stuff has magnesium in it. (do not want to load up on magnesium :toilet:)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Legs and shoulders workout today.
Superset Snatches/ Upright Row: 135*5/135*10
Lunge Hops (alternating feet): 95*30 these were obscure, but I thought it was a nice change of pace.
Hamstring Curls: 55*8
DB rear delt raise: 20*15
Seated Calf Raise: 180*25

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chest and Tri's today.

Incline DB Press: 110*9 (not sure if it was because I did it first, or what, but that was a shocker to get that many reps).
Hammer Strenth Isolateral Chest Press: Dropset - 320*4 // 270*3
Floor Press: 315*10
Tricep Rope Pushdowns: Dropset - 90*3 // 70*8
Dragon Flags: 18

Afterwards, I did some work on the stationary bike for 15 minutes or so. Went to town on a jar of Peanut butter last night, and felt totally guilty about it. :(

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
A whole jar:jaw: Well at least it was peanut butter. You are pretty lean I doubt it did much damage!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cycle Logs 16
brandlife Cycle Logs 28
Smont Anabolics 7
thesinner Supplement Logs 61
thesinner Supplement Logs 50