60 second stretch with 50's

WIDE grip pulldowns
    150 x 6
    240 x 3
    320 x 8 PR

dumbbell rows
    100's x 6
    145's x 13 PR

1 max set of crunches with a 35lb'er on chest.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    3/24 - chest/shoulders/tri's/back
    incline dumbbell (45 degree)

155's x 8 PR (duct tape, yet again)

military barbell (in front, touch chin)

285 x 2 PR

WIDE grip pulldowns

320 x 8 PR

dumbbell rows

145's x 13 PR
    Shut up. 4 PR's.. .still going? God damn it beez.. I'm going to have to start doing what you're doing.. that's it. Hybrid DC training, a sprinkle of this, a spritz of that.... Good work arsehole.
    •   

3. why thanks

lil fella

4. Strong as usual bro.

5. 3/27 - quads/hams/forearms/bi's/calves
    hammer leg press (replaced hack squats)
    90 x 15
    180 x 10
    360 x 10
    540 x 10
    90 second stretch

hammer seated leg curls
    45 x 10
    90 x 3
    155 x 10 PR
    60 second stretch

dumbbell wrist raises
    (2) 30's x 19, 12

straight bar curls (no elbow movement)
    (2) 75 x 6
    125 x 10 PR
    125 x 6
    85 x 20
    60 second stretch

leg press calves
    3 sets of a super secret SB routine. it feels like
    •   

6. super secret eh? Maybe those puny little calves will grow now huh? poke poke nudge nudge.. eh? huh?

lil fella you said? **** **** HORSE **** MOTHER****ER SON OF A *****

ok I'm done.

7. yup, he wrote a program that makes DC calf routine feel like a warmup.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    yup, he wrote a program that makes DC calf routine feel like a warmup.
    walking must be oh so much fun after that

9. lol, rubber legs syndrome no less.

10. I was expecting a bombshell quip from you after I called your calves puny.. sigh... Under the weather bro?

I'm going to try rack chins for the first time tomorrow.

11. no no, if it were untrue, i would counter in some fashion but alas, it's not a lie. they need help. 20" arms with 17" calves just ain't right. good luck with the rack chins lil fella , they're my new fav back width exercise.
  12. Talking

3/28 - chest/shoulders/tri's/back
    incline barbell
    bar x 20
    (2) 135 x 8
    (2) 225 x 3
    295 x 2
    365 x 2.8 (last week was like 2.3, so i guess that's an improvement, lol. either way, i'm heading for 375 next time)
    90 second stretch wit 95's

BTN military smith
    135 x 10
    225 x 6
    295 x 7 PR
    60 second stretch

tate press
    35's x 10
    55's x 12
    55's x 10
    60 second stretch with 50's

wide grip pullups (chins, whatever)
    BW x 6
    add 45lbs plate - 2 sets of 6

seated cable rows
    150 x 10
    240 x 3
    345 x 9.5 PR
    60 second stretch

2 max sets of vertical leg lifts

the new plan is to treat incline bench like squats. keep climbing from week to week until i hit a 1RM, then start over at 75% of that and work my way back up and hopefully surpass the previous 1RM.

13. that pec still acting up at all?

14. nah, it's golden bro. i've been very faithful to doing the PNF stretches everyday since the last injury. i actually feel a lot stronger at the bottom of the lift now, could be because of those stretches. i recommend it

15. I told you the gymnasts would help
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    no no, if it were untrue, i would counter in some fashion but alas, it's not a lie. they need help. 20" arms with 17" calves just ain't right. good luck with the rack chins lil fella , they're my new fav back width exercise.
    Dude, I am a believer in rack chins now.. damn did they tear me up quick. thanks.

what are PNF stretches? Pardon me for my ignorance.

17. Hey Beelzle, I'm really liking this log.

After another 3 weeks of my current training style I will be looking into something new. I was wondering if you could give me a swift kick in the ass in the right direction. Thanks.

I have tried Max-OT, HST, Circuit Training (never again), and now I'm working off of a Simple Pyramid regiment. Is it simple DC I should begin to look into? I'm looking to increase my stregnth and of course I'm always on the move to find what training style is most effective is optimizing hypertrophy.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    I told you the gymnasts would help
    you're right, i'm wrong

again. (friggin admins)

19. ubi, PNF stretches were discussed on pages 1 and 2 of this thread. bobo suggested them and i posted a couple links describing them. glad ya like the rack chins, you're going to need someone to hold the weight on ya when you move up.

rage, pm me your email and i'll send ya all the info i have on DC training (insert scoff from bobo here ). if you like to lift heavy, this is the program for you. does it optimize hypertrophy? ****, i dunno, that's a big word.

20. Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    does it optimize hypertrophy? ****, i dunno, that's a big word.

amazing how all the crazy strong freaks hate this word but all the 165lb soon to be the next ronnie/arnold say it produces the best gains

21. Or how Ronnie has incorportated more hyertrophic specific exercises. Oh man, those big words are evil.

Yeah, optimizing growth is bad for strength.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

22. Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    you're right, i'm wrong

again. (friggin admins)
    No way. Thats just more useless information that I found in a book at one time while I was studying the subject but don't let those big strong freaky guys know you leanred something from a book OR gymnasts. It would go against the lift heavy, eat, sleep, tear books in half instead of reading them philosphy

23. Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    ubi, PNF stretches were discussed on pages 1 and 2 of this thread. bobo suggested them and i posted a couple links describing them. glad ya like the rack chins, you're going to need someone to hold the weight on ya when you move up.

rage, pm me your email and i'll send ya all the info i have on DC training (insert scoff from bobo here ). if you like to lift heavy, this is the program for you. does it optimize hypertrophy? ****, i dunno, that's a big word.

Shhh.....the same place those PNF stretches come form 99.9% of all trainers programs come from too...

PNF was in Chapter 2......eccentric training and rest pause is in Chapter 3....but don't tell anyone.

24. Beezle, I can't believe you only set 2 PR's your last workout...I am ashamed.....You should just change your name to Personal Record, and leave it at that, nice work brotha....And Beezle, when you were doing the PNF's on your pec, were you just using a wall, or getting someone to help you?I would like to try these for a week or two because I pulled my pec as well...

25. Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    Or how Ronnie has incorportated more hyertrophic specific exercises. Oh man, those big words are evil.

Yeah, optimizing growth is bad for strength.
    i never said it was bad for strength, personally i dont use it, i just find it funny how a lot of little guys swear by it and dont even know what building a solid base of muscle is all about.

plus ronnie is a genetic freak with practically an IV of every known "supplement" under the sun streaming in him.

26. Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    ubi, PNF stretches were discussed on pages 1 and 2 of this thread. bobo suggested them and i posted a couple links describing them. glad ya like the rack chins, you're going to need someone to hold the weight on ya when you move up.
    Ah, proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation.. Beez you know I don't read ****.. I just parrot misinformation on about 6 different boards.

Regarding someone holding the weight, I feel if I put the my vaginatronator through the plate hole, I'll be fine.. I tried 100lb plate and that was pretty tough to keep from sliding.. I admit. Maybe I'll try your redneck broomstick technique.. if my skinflute doesn't cut it.

27. Quote Originally Posted by guyfromkop2
    i never said it was bad for strength, personally i dont use it, i just find it funny how a lot of little guys swear by it and dont even know what building a solid base of muscle is all about.

plus ronnie is a genetic freak with practically an IV of every known "supplement" under the sun streaming in him.
    It doesn't really matter if he is a genetic freak, the response its just magnified compared to someone who isn't a genetic freak. I'm sure if Ronnie could get the same results by just strenght training he would do it because its a hell of lot more fun than what most bodybuilding training consists of. And from some of the posts I've seen, that IV is in a lot of people around here. It just won't be pretty when they come off for a year

And building a solid base of muscle IS about hypertrophic effects whether its fibullar or sarcoplasmic. Plus half the exercises seen in most strongman compeitions IS considered "hypertrophic specific" because its increases ECC times. Static holds, which is basically isometric training, will induce significant hypertrophic effects. So when tehy are carrying around large objects for more than 3 seconds, guess what, its hypertrophic but most of them don't even realize it (well they probably do but people wathcing them tihnk its da heavy weight). Its the increase in ECC times which causes significant fibullar growth. If it was really heavy you could only hold it for 1-3 seconds.

Many of the exercises done in strongman compeititons are good for size but its not really because the weight is heavy. It follow the same fundamental principles as every other training program no matter how much you tweak it, rearrange it or give it a nice name for marketing purposes. Its all based on the same exact thing, inducung microtrauma when you slow neg it, rest pause it, statis hold it, etc.....

28. Quote Originally Posted by guyfromkop2
    i never said it was bad for strength, personally i dont use it,
    If you perform anything over 1-3 reps, its considered hypertrophic specific.

29. YGPM Beelz

30. Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    If you perform anything over 1-3 reps, its considered hypertrophic specific.
    well then i guess i do haha
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Glen's training log (better than beelze's)
    By glenihan in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 159
    Last Post: 08-14-2006, 09:16 AM
  2. KELSEYs training log-strength hypertrophy split
    By kelsey in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2006, 12:35 AM
  3. Dunimous Training Log
    By dunimous in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-28-2006, 09:18 AM
  4. Multiple training logs