Beelze training log

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Maybe start something new here, a training log for others to track progress if they give a ****. Might even learn a thing or two. I encourage others to start doing the same, perhaps help get the focus off anabolics and focus more of something onto the training aspect of it all. Unfortunately for me, I pulled my pec recently so I'm still in recuperation mode for that but ya'll will know when I'm back to normal. The weights will reflect :D I pretty much stick to DC training, but I rearranged some of the bodyparts to prioritize my weaker areas. For example: I believe DC's exact training on day 2 is something along the lines of bi's/forearms/calves/hams/quads. Yeah, I didn't like that so I switched it to quads/hams/forearms/bi's/calves.

2/17
chest/shoulders/tri's/back

incline dumbbell (rehab)
25's x 50
30's x 50
40's x 50
flat bench
bar x 50
60 second stretch

BTN military press supersetted with lateral raises
(3) 135 x 20 with 30's x 20 (still nervous on going all out on shoulders because of the pec, normal would have been 275 x 6-8ish, no superset)
stretch

one arm cable pressdowns (palm up)
30's x 20
40's x 20
50's x 20
60 second stretch

WIDE grip pulldowns
150 x 10
220 x 3
300 x 9 (fail on 10)

rack deads (top of knee)
225 x 6
405 x 3
(2) 585 x 10
60 second stretch

There's a bug going around here lately and I may take next week off, haven't decided yet. Feel slightly worn out from the past 4 weeks of thrashing myself.

Last edited:
Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday's workout (for reference only)

quads/hams/forearms/bi's/calves

squats (parallel)
(2) 135 x 10
225 x 3
315 x 3
belt
405 x 1
belt/wraps
495 x 6
90 second stretch

SLDL
135 x 10
225 x 3
315 x 3
425 x 7
60 second stretch

dumbbell wrist curls
(2) 40's x 20

standing alternated curls
35's x 10
50's x 3
60's x 3
75's x 8
60 second stretch

standing calves
DC routine 2 sets
for those that don't know, this is the most painful thing in the program. pick a weight, squeeze at the top of each, 5 second negative, 10-15 second stretch at the bottom of each rep. after #7, you're hurting.
60 second stretch

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
The stretching..is it DC' stretches? Or something else? Good log looking foreword to watching it.

dunimous

Board Supporter
Awards
Hey beelzebub do you mind posting the link to DC's extreme stretching thread if you still have it. Or pm with it. Thanks!

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just do a search for PNF stretching (proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation). It shows more promise.

But it hurts more.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
LC, yup, DC stretches. Bobo used some big words, that might be it :D

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nah...thats just basic static stretching although I didn't know people renamed it :lol:

PNF strethcing is more effective but you do need a partner to get the most out of it. Males tend to have better results with contract-relax/agonist method and its much better for rehabilitation too....

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
rehab????

i'm game.
Much of these techniques have been used for gymnasts for over 20 years (Soviets).

But you won't hear that in a powerlifting form :D

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
friggin gymnasts

another low blow to the PL'ers. i'm starting to think they don't like us here :D

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
friggin gymnasts

another low blow to the PL'ers. i'm starting to think they don't like us here :D
Hey! I made a damn forum for you guys!!!

:burger:

:D

rhunt000

rhunt000

I luv my tee, thanks NP
Awards
Damn Beelze, that side shot you used to have in your avatar did not do you justice. You are freakin' huge.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, in that front-side shot you looked chubby. In your new pic you look like a friggin tank. It looks like you not only put on 22 pounds, but a quality 22 pounds. Thanks for the log, I'll be following. Doing anything special supplement wise?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
know for a fact that i ain't leaner now, lol. as for supps, nothing special.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
know for a fact that i ain't leaner now, lol. as for supps, nothing special.
It's ok Beelze, you can tell about your "secret weapon". Drew certainly knows what I'm talking about.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
can't tell. the "sickness" must have been just nausea from doing two sets of rack deads, cuz i felt fine on saturday and even better today. left glute feels sore, but i'm not doing squats this week anyway so screw it. as of now, i'll be back in tomorrow for another quad/hammie/forearm/bi/calf workout. chest feels a lot better, i can almost flex it full force now, which is a good sign IMO.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
oh, and i train m/t/t/f. i took the program up a notch cuz m/w/f wasn't cutting it.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
geez ONLY 585 on rack deads? pussy ;)..

haha just kidding man, great progress, keep that stuff comin!!! good luck on the rehab :head:

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
It's ok Beelze, you can tell about your "secret weapon". Drew certainly knows what I'm talking about.
Beelz's secret has always been his array of magic supplements, potions, balms, tonics, and elixirs. Allows him to slack of on his training and diet...

:rofl:

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
it's true, i just take cold showers to 'shock' the body into growth. then i tell each bodypart riddles to trick them into more growth. gotta trick your body to grow :rolleyes: tell it knock-knock jokes and such.......

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I didn't know you had switched to jokes before you were doing magic tricks for your muscles.

Infact you said you showed Kwickdewme the old hide the salami trick. ;)

CROWLER

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
2/20 - quads/hams/forearms/bi's/calves
a tad concerned about the weight loss recently from the new diet, figured strength would suffer, i was wrong.....go me.

hack squats (parallel)
rack x 20
180 x 6
360 x 5
540 x 3
wraps
810 x 7 PR :D
90 second stretch (gettin' easy, just like nate)

hammer leg curls
1 plate x 10
2 plates x 10
3 plates +25lb'er x 10 (too heavy, couldn't curl it all the way)
3 plates +10lb'er x 10 (much mo betta) PR :D
60 second stretch

wrist curls dumbbell
(2) 30's x max set

straight bar curls, very strict (first time in a long time)
45 x 10
75 x 10
115 x 10
75 x 12 (dead)
60 second stretch

leg press calf raises
400 x 20
600 x 20
750 x 12
60 second stretch
standing calves
200 x 18

today's weight : 263.5 lbs (damn, i'm pretty) :D

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
oh yeah, and chest rehab. it's getting better real quick.
hammer iso-wide
70 x 50
90 x 65

incline barbell (it's what i have tomorrow, just wanted to see how it feels)
155 x 1 (felt a tad awkward, i'll just play it safe tomorrow and do supersets again).

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Looking strong as hell Beelz. Good luck on the rehab.

810 x 7 :jaw:

Odessa14

Awards
  • Established
Def keeping my eye on this one...Good work B

810...damn:blink::blink:

O14

MrSkullCrusher

Awards
it's true, i just take cold showers to 'shock' the body into growth. then i tell each bodypart riddles to trick them into more growth. gotta trick your body to grow :rolleyes: tell it knock-knock jokes and such.......
HUH......I thought u told me u took alot of Cell-Tech products to help make u grow!!

:toofunny:
:nono:
ROFL!!
Just joking of course!
Hey i got that link on the stretching......Good Info Bro!

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Real cute funny man.

You do your hacks on a machine correct? Either way, kick ass...biatch.
hack squat thing. i guess you call it a machine. you load plates up on each side and it's guided all the way down like an angled smith machine. 9 plates per side = 810. as far as i know, every hack squat is the same. if you're thinking about that cable loaded fucker with the pin plates, then no. i kick that machine when i walk by.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
HUH......I thought u told me u took alot of Cell-Tech products to help make u grow!!

:nono:
ROFL!!
Just joking of course!
Hey i got that link on the stretching......Good Info Bro!
that's where it's at bro. cell-tech and nitro-tech stack, just like cutler. :D

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
2/21 - chest/shoulders/tri's/back
Did what I could do, chest is a lot better but it ain't ready for the big stuff yet.

Incline bench TUT superset w/ cable crossovers
(4) 135 x 10-15 with 60-70 x max (60 second break between sets)
stretch

military dumbbell (shoulders were already toast from chest, and didn't want to risk it)
50's x 10
(2) 70's x 10
stretch

tate press
30's x 10
(2) 40's x 10,12
stretch

WG chins (pullups)
(2) BW x 12,10 PR

low CG cable rows
150 x 10
230 x 3
325 x 9 PR
stretch

if it wasn't for back, i'd be pissed right now.

tip of the day: don't pull or tear your pec, it hurts your bench.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
WG chins (pullups)
(2) BW x 12,10 PR
Nice. At 263lbs 12 reps chins! Strong back. How many did you do in the Corps.?
And are you cutting?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
cutting? eh, i call more of a leaning out phase, lol. i'm not dropping cals any lower than they are now regardless of where the weight stops at. made a few adjustments to the diet and i'm sitting ~4K cals on training days, and 3700 on non-training days.

as for pullups, i was able to get 18 at 245lbs. i got 20 once at 230lbs, and that's a perfect score in da corps :D i want 15 at this weight, then i'll start adding that belt that gives ya huge balls.

ivydude

Board Supporter
Awards
Just a thought, but you may want to do some neutral grip DB presses for chest to ease back into the big weight on bench and prevent re-injury.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
then i'll start adding that belt that gives ya huge balls.

Are you talking about the triangle formed by the chain that makes weighted pulls into obscene behavior. My lady yelled at me for doing them when there were other girls around.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Just a thought, but you may want to do some neutral grip DB presses for chest to ease back into the big weight on bench and prevent re-injury.
yup, got those on friday brutha. i'm gonna try to hit those with a little intensity and see how it feels. it's a week from today since the injury.

ivydude

Board Supporter
Awards
yup, got those on friday brutha. i'm gonna try to hit those with a little intensity and see how it feels. it's a week from today since the injury.
That's a great add to a rehab program. Look forward to hearing how it goes.

Also, just curious, but do you plan on switching to a WSB routine (or some variation thereof) after you recover?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
most likely not. i'm loving this program for the most part. hitting PR's on damn near every exercise each workout, until the injury of course.

in the past month:
military dumbbells (all the way down) 135's x 6
military bar (touch chin) 265 x 8
flat dumbbell 145's x 14 (got a vid of this)
45 degree incline dumbbell 135's x 11

chest, shoulders, and tri's aren't doing **** right now. but everything else is still going up. i'm one of those guys who believes in 'don't fix what ain't broke'. the program is working, so **** it. know what i mean jellybean? :D

ivydude

Board Supporter
Awards
chest, shoulders, and tri's aren't doing **** right now. but everything else is still going up. i'm one of those guys who believes in 'don't fix what ain't broke'. the program is working, so **** it. know what i mean jellybean? :D
Haha...I hear ya boss.