Beelze training log

Page 15 of 78 First ... 1314151617 ... Last

1. thanks brutha. the first one did pop up a tad bit easy, kinda startled me, lol.

2. that dude has a big head, lol.

5/23 - chest/shoulders/tri's/back
    flat bench (index on ring) TUT 2/2
    (2) 135 x 15
    225 x 15
    225 x 14
    225 x 12
    60 second stretch with 95's (i tell ya, there ain't nothing like flat bench for chest. the feel to them isn't replacable. i don't plan to exceed 275 with this grip, or any other grip for that matter, my glass pecs would agree.)

BTN smith military
    135 x 10
    225 x 6
    325 x 3
    135 x 11 (touch bottom of neck)
    60 second stretch

overhead rope pressdown
    100 x 20
    130 x 15
    180 x 27 PR (rest pause at 16 and 22)

pullups
    close grip BW x 6
    wide grip BW x 6
    medium grip BW + 90lbs x 3 PR
    wide grip BW x 16
    60 second stretch

good mornings
    135 x 10
    225 x 6
    275 x 3
    belt
    335 x 10 PR (9 pretties, 1 ugly)

20 mins cardio
    •   

3. Holy **** Beelz, Good Mornings with 335?

Anyways, I was going to ask if you did the final wrist extension at the bottom of the rope tricep extension. Also, do you vary Front and back of the neck for your presses?

4. um, yeah, i extend them until i can't anymore and then i just do them straight until exhaustion.

for the presses, on hammer military i go in front. on seated smith military, i go BTN.

5. Thanks for the info. I have no set routine for either on the military presses but I do them strictly sitting with the barbell+weight. Trying to pick up lil odds and ends of technique that i can incorporate(steal) into my own.
    •   

6. if you go BTN, don't go lower than where your upper arms are parallel to the ground, especially if you're going heavy.

7. Nice freakin squat!!
    I was wondering if you take measurements at all? And do you know how much size you've gained from the beginning of the DC like program. I know you're not a BB, just curious though. You're one big man. :bb:

8. thanks brutha. the only measurements that have changed are waist and chest/back, it's gone up close to 3" since november with about a 5-6lbs gain during that time. waist has dropped about 2", but this is due more to cardio and diet. the chest/back however, i believe is largely from the program.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    thanks brutha. the only measurements that have changed are waist and chest/back, it's gone up close to 3" since november with about a 5-6lbs gain during that time. waist has dropped about 2", but this is due more to cardio and diet. the chest/back however, i believe is largely from the program.
    Nice!!!

10. Hey beez, I've been reading up on DC alot and I notice they talk about cruising and how crucial it is to time etc. When do you do this and what parts of your log reflect this period.

11. i take a week off every 6 weeks. that's my cruise. going into the gym and screwing around with light weights ain't a workout for me. i know me, and i know i'd go straight to a heavy set. so, it's easier just to take a week off. JMO.

12. Yah, that was the one part about the program I didn't like. Do you usually have a set goal in mind when going in, like hitting a certain rep range, or do you just go with how you feel. I'm thinking about starting the DC style training next week while cutting actually.

13. I have this new program.. I designed it. I simply go to the gym, grab a plyometric box, sit on it and stare at a group of people training. I then envision myself training with them. I stare and stare (to the point of aggravating the people I am staring at), eventually closing my eyes and becoming completely enveloped in the scene in my head. I grunt along with my imaginary movements.. hitting PR's and screaming with glee...

I've been doing this for the past two weeks on my "hiatus" from posting. I don't touch a weight, or do anything that would break a sweat.. I just.. imagine. I'm going to come up with a routine and share it with all of you twigberries.

14. Ubi good to see you back!

You crack me up!

15. I thought I had the patent on the TuI(Time Under Imagining) training docterine. I'll have to go to the next big thing then...

GBaHTO
    Getting Big as Hell Through Osmosis

16. If that involves extended hugging and cuddle parties... count me in Jayhawkk... count me IN

17. Get out of my head you freak!!!! GET OUT!

18. Quote Originally Posted by ktw
    Yah, that was the one part about the program I didn't like. Do you usually have a set goal in mind when going in, like hitting a certain rep range, or do you just go with how you feel. I'm thinking about starting the DC style training next week while cutting actually.
    if i'm hitting the same weight, i have to beat it by two reps although i will accept one rep if it was strong. if it's a new weight, let the chips fall where they may and i'll concentrate on beating the new weight in reps next go round.

ubi = ghandi.

19. I love me some good ol' Ubi Hindu philosophy! Great to read whilst on the crapper!
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html

20. So basically planned progression

21. i have a quick question, im currently three days deep in a haladrol cycle and iim not sure how intense i should work out one source tells me day1 back bi's day2chest triceps day3 legs day4 shoulder lats than [B]2/B] days of rest while the other is telling me i shouldnt need to take days off as long as im switching muscle groups every day

22. Quote Originally Posted by ktw
    So basically planned progression
    http://moviesoundscentral.com/sounds...n/bigbrain.wav

23. Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    i take a week off every 6 weeks. that's my cruise. going into the gym and screwing around with light weights ain't a workout for me. i know me, and i know i'd go straight to a heavy set. so, it's easier just to take a week off. JMO.
    You do any cardio or anything during that rest wk? Or do you just adjust your diet and do nothing? And how do you actually start to feel overtrained at the 6 wk mark or do you just take it off as a precaution? Thx, i am curious because I am going to hit that 6 wk mark pretty soon training this style and I am wondering if and how I should take it off. Thanks B! (Oh and by the way this program is amazing, I love DC)

24. nope, i don't touch anything for that week. it's rest week, so i rest. i don't adjust my diet either, stays the same. as for the 6 week mark, sometimes i feel that i need it, other times i don't. either way, i take it because i believe it's required. hitting heavy weights for that long of a period is bound to take it's toll, either sooner or later. so, as barney fife would say "nip it in the bud."

25. lol sounds like its the safe thing to do.

26. One more quick thing, you keep your kcal's just as high when your training on your off wk? Your not concerned about putting on too much fat with the calorie surplus?

27. no wonder you're hitting so many PRs every workout! Having ~6 weeks between every attempt of the same exercise at a certain weight/rep range, ya big puss

I'm currently on a 2 week exercise rotation (4 day split, 4 different exercises), and I've been hitting 10-20lb PRs almost every go (legs are a lil overworked right now, backing off slightly and changing the exercise selection) while cutting down. I'm having better results with this than anything else I've ever tried.

Oh yeah, and Ubi is a strange, strange man.

28. Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo

Oh yeah, and Ubi is a strange, strange man.
    Yes.......very strange

29. somewhere around that, lol. usually hit the same exercise every 10 days. seems to be working just fine though so i ain't complaining. as for the rep range, i'm always going all out hoping for as many as possible but it generally ends up being an increase of 2 or 3 (on a great day).

btw, ex, i had sent you an email but to no avail. wanted you to judge the squat for it's depth. i know i need to sit back more and the only way to do that is widen my stance. any other pointers?

30. Quote Originally Posted by Hbs6
    One more quick thing, you keep your kcal's just as high when your training on your off wk? Your not concerned about putting on too much fat with the calorie surplus?
    not concerned at all. i'm consistently hanging around 265lbs and i'm happy here.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Glen's training log (better than beelze's)
    By glenihan in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 159
    Last Post: 08-14-2006, 09:16 AM
  2. KELSEYs training log-strength hypertrophy split
    By kelsey in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2006, 12:35 AM
  3. Dunimous Training Log
    By dunimous in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-28-2006, 09:18 AM
  4. Multiple training logs