Beelze training log - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 15

Beelze training log

Page 15 of 58 First ... 10131415161720 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by FitnFirm
    I love upright rows They really made my shoulders grow. I suppose you could just use a volkswagon though, You are so strong and all

Hey lady, stay away from my man.

KTW, Beez uses this stuff called "creatine" and "honey"... I started it the other day and holy man of sh1tballs, I was curling Oly bars in the squat rack like a son of a b1tch.

right beez?

2. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitous
    Hey lady, stay away from my man.

KTW, Beez uses this stuff called "creatine" and "honey"... I started it the other day and holy man of sh1tballs, I was curling Oly bars in the squat rack like a son of a b1tch.

right beez?

O'rly?????? Whacha gonna do little ninja boy????? Hmmmmmm
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.

you dare threaten a 3" plastic ninja? Mistake #2

•   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

yup, creatine150 and honey100 EOD is da shiz.

yeah, those upright rows are kinda fun but they won't be in the arsenal for long. just a temporary change to get away from constant shoulder presses.

and ubi is my guardian ninja, he gets a tad jealous.
  5. Senior Member

FAT DUMBELL BARS

Look at the monster with the 2.5" handle on top. It's calling to you. Lose the duct tape! Get a pair of these babies, you can fit 3x25lb plates on each side easily, feels like a normal dumbell for the most part, counting the weight of the handle that's 170lbs!

I have a pair and give them the exnihilo seal of approval.
  6. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    yup, creatine150 and honey100 EOD is da shiz.

yeah, those upright rows are kinda fun but they won't be in the arsenal for long. just a temporary change to get away from constant shoulder presses.

and ubi is my guardian ninja, he gets a tad jealous.

ok, I have to ask, what is honey 100?????? and little ubi, im pretty sure I can take him :bruce1:
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo
    FAT DUMBELL BARS

Look at the monster with the 2.5" handle on top. It's calling to you. Lose the duct tape! Get a pair of these babies, you can fit 3x25lb plates on each side easily, feels like a normal dumbell for the most part, counting the weight of the handle that's 170lbs!

I have a pair and give them the exnihilo seal of approval.
    awesome find ex. i'm definately picking up a couple of these badboys. if they'll hold 25's, they'll hold 35's and 45's as well - same thickness in my gym. (not saying i can use that much weight at this point, but it's always good to have the option).

thanks again for the link. will my wallet ever quit whoring out?
  8. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

thanks again for the link. will my wallet ever quit whoring out?
    Speaking of. Presidents on the nightstand were missing a Jackson this morning. What gives? You goin cheap on me?
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

ubi the ninja is to blame, not i.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

6/22 - quads/hams/forearms/bi's/calves
    squats
    bar x 20
    135 x 6
    225 x 6
    315 x 4
    belt
    405 x 1
    belt/wraps
    495 x 6 (gave out on 7 and dumped it) something doesn't feel right with squats lately, form issue with wraps i believe.
    90 second stretch

RDL's
    135 x 3
    225 x 3
    315 x 3
    405 x 1
    belt
    495 x 5 PR

dumbbell wrist curls
    65's x 15 PR

standing alt dumb curls
    40's x 6
    55's x 3
    70's x 16 PR (rest pause after 9 and 12)
    60 second stretch

seated calves
    3 sets of 15, had to quit early because of some new pain in the calf area, related to squats no less.
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Time to take some time off on the heavy weights then bro. take care of yourself
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.

Ah, even mutants have their points in which they need to sit back and take a breather.

Brighter note:

Xavier wants you to come back Beez. He needs you to supervise Danger Room training while I'm away caught up in the Inferno saga.

Nerdlinger out
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

here's the problem in detail:

before i use wraps, my form is what most PL'ers consider to be perfect. however, once wraps are applied, my form goes to ****. i can't sit back far enough, no matter how much i concentrate on doing so. my solution: dropping wraps for a while and narrowing my stance back to shoulder width-ish until the problem subsides. back to my bodybuilder roots for a while, at least on squats.
  14. Senior Member

You should start squatting in briefs. It'd improve your squat technique and teach you how to handle heavier weights.
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Well Beelz you know your body so listen but maybe the weights you're up to know is a sign you should transfer over to briefs/suits man. You're up ther ein the high end now man. I don't know if wraps and bengay will cut it anymore hoss
  16. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

You should start squatting in briefs. It'd improve your squat technique and teach you how to handle heavier weights.

I just got a visual of Beelz squattin in a pair of whitey tighties. (Spits out current mouth full of food and pushes plate across table)
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

if i were having glutes issues, i'd agree. SB thinks that because i'm wrapping too tight that i'm "aggravating your soleus, basically forcing the tendon to the bone because they are so tight." it's weird because i can see my form go to sh!t while i'm doing it but i can't stop it. and like i said, before adding wraps - form couldn't be better. i had a competitive PL'er watch from the side one day before adding wraps, and my knees didn't come forward in the slightest. you can see it happen in the 585 vid. my knees come forward quite substantially. right now, i know what i need and that's a rest from heavy wide stance wrapped squats. i can hardly walk this morning from the pain under my calves.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr
    I just got a visual of Beelz squattin in a pair of whitey tighties. (Spits out current mouth full of food and pushes plate across table)
    lol, not those briefs knucklehead. :bruce1:
  19. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

lol, not those briefs knucklehead. :bruce1:
    Hey! I can fantasize about whatever I want, whether it be good or bad.

Besides, the only thing I am good for in the strongman category is comic relief.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

we all have our place in the world, you have found yours
  21. Board Supporter

the first couple times in briefs are a real trip, but they do help you sit back more. i had the same problem with wraps before, felt like my knees wanted to shoot forward. weirdest feeling in the world. the thing i've noticed with any kind of gear, wraps, breifs, suit, is that the problem isnt getting up with the weight, it's getting down.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by guyfromkop2
    the first couple times in briefs are a real trip, but they do help you sit back more. i had the same problem with wraps before, felt like my knees wanted to shoot forward. weirdest feeling in the world. the thing i've noticed with any kind of gear, wraps, breifs, suit, is that the problem isnt getting up with the weight, it's getting down.
    exactly, what did you do to fix it? and did you get the same pain below your calves? i've had it for a while but kept ignoring it, now it's gotten to the point where i can't overlook it anymore.
  23. Board Supporter

exactly, what did you do to fix it? and did you get the same pain below your calves? i've had it for a while but kept ignoring it, now it's gotten to the point where i can't overlook it anymore.
    i basicalliy just shot my ass back as far as it would go, had someone stand next to me and say back back back back and just fought against my knees shooting forward. it's hard to explain, how far is exmgq from where you're at?
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

couple hours, hul and i are considering going to his meet on july 29th.
  25. Board Supporter

couple hours, hul and i are considering going to his meet on july 29th.
    i'd say make the trek up there before that or then and squat with him, he'll fix your problem up real quick. i squatted with cubanbull after shirt work and within 5-10 min all form issues were fixed, plus he's not even a squatter. basically he just told me to sit back further, pop your hips back and just go with it. maybe you could try box squats with the wraps on if you cant make it up to ex. but i'm positive he'd fix you up real quick, hell if i was withing 2-3 hours from him i'd be training with him once every other week. i'm 2 hours from cubanbull and i'm making the trek up there today. training with guys like that makes enormous differences. but like i said, just gotta sit back more and trust your gear, it will hold you up, but then again easier said then done though
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

6/23 - chest/shoulders/tri's/back/abs
    decline hammer press
    90 x 20
    180 x 10
    270 x 10
    360 x 10
    480 x 26 PR (rest pause after 18 and 22)
    90 second stretch with 100's

military barbell
    135 x 10
    185 x 3
    245 x 12 PR
    60 second stretch

smith CGBP
    135 x 10
    225 x 6
    335 x 8 PR
    225 x 21
    60 second stretch with 60's

d-handle pulldowns
    150 x 10
    200 x 3
    260 x 22 PR (rest pause after 13 and 19)
    60 second stretch

hammer low-rows
    180 x 6
    270 x 3
    450 x 6 PR

weighted crunches on decline
    135lbs x 20 PR

6 for 6
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

****ed up and still pullin PR's you're a monster
  28. New Member

Nice work big guy- it's the honey and creatine
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

jay, only thing that's going to suffer is squats and i've already figured out a way around that. going to change feet position on squats and hack squats to place more emphasis on quads. weight will have to be adjusted but it'll be a good change. the heavy weights are starting to beat me up a tad anyway. like i said, back to my bb'ing roots for a while.

sea,
  30. Work Horse

6/22 - quads/hams/forearms/bi's/calves
    squats
    bar x 20
    135 x 6
    225 x 6
    315 x 4
    belt
    405 x 1
    belt/wraps
    495 x 6 (gave out on 7 and dumped it) something doesn't feel right with squats lately, form issue with wraps i believe.
    90 second stretch

It seems in your squat workout, its just one big warm up, and then one real kickass working set. Whats your reason behind this? It seems like one would benefit much more from more (for lack of a better term) "working" sets. I realize you need to warm up slow to get to that much weight but still.

Please comment, thanks.
  31. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by MadMas
    It seems in your squat workout, its just one big warm up, and then one real kickass working set. Whats your reason behind this? It seems like one would benefit much more from more (for lack of a better term) "working" sets. I realize you need to warm up slow to get to that much weight but still.

Please comment, thanks.

i know beelze will answer this, but 5 warm up sets are very common when you lift that much weight, i know some guys that take close to 45 minutes to warm up, for instance the guy i benched with on friday took 2 shots at 805, he missed it because it hit the uprights, but it took him about an hour to hour and a half to work up to that weight
  32. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by guyfromkop2
    for instance the guy i benched with on friday took 2 shots at 805, he missed it because it hit the uprights, but it took him about an hour to hour and a half to work up to that weight
    That'll teach him not to flare his elbows!
  33. Board Supporter

That'll teach him not to flare his elbows!
    haha, actually he was too close to the uprights and it's a crappy bench and if you look at it from the side they are like this \
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMas

Please comment, thanks.
    Ill throw in what I know until Beelze runs his mouth.

The training system he's using is high frequency but low volume, so his working sets are limited to one to two per workout so that he can recover in time to squat again in three days.

The long warmups are just what happens when you lift heavy. You've got to acclimate your Central Nervous System (CNS) to do that much work at once and with all bodyparts working with coordination. You'll feel it as you get stronger. The stronger you get the more you'll have to warm up.

When I was benching 185 for reps, I'd do maybe two to three warmup sets because that's all I needed before I was ready. When I got to three plates for reps my warmup sets were closer to 4-6 depending on how I felt. If I were to max it would probably be around 405 (at my prime, I"ve been out of the gym for a while) I would probably do something like this:

135 x 10
    185 x 5
    225 x 2
    275 x 1
    315 x 1
    355 x 1
    405 x 1

That way I could acclimate my CNS to do the work and get my blood flow redirected from my intestines to my muscles all while not using too much energy as to hurt my 1 rep max.
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

um yeah, what they said the heavier you go, the more warmup you need - just the way it is. and like kwyck said, the program i follow has to allow me to be ready to do another leg workout in 3-4 days so i can't fool around with other work sets further lengthening my recovery time.
  36. Work Horse

I understand the need for a lengthy warm up, when youre pushing so much weight around. My question (which was poorly stated) was about the small number of working sets.

kwyckemynd00 answered my question.

"The training system he's using is high frequency but low volume, so his working sets are limited to one to two per workout so that he can recover in time to squat again in three days."

I should have read the full thread and realized he was hitting squats so often.

Thanks, and great log you have going beelze!
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

beelzey-boob: *kiss* *blush*

why don't i ever see you on aim anymore
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

contrare monfre, i do go on aim occasionally, but there is no kwyck to be found.
  39. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Looks like we have two candidates for match.com

Two lost souls looking for each other...It's so beautiful. Although there would be some ugly ass ****in kids.
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Not cadidates....that's how we met!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Glen's training log (better than beelze's)
    By glenihan in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 159
    Last Post: 08-14-2006, 08:16 AM
  2. KELSEYs training log-strength hypertrophy split
    By kelsey in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-03-2006, 11:35 PM
  3. Dunimous Training Log
    By dunimous in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-28-2006, 08:18 AM
  4. Multiple training logs