Beelze training log

Page 11 of 78 First ... 910111213 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    lol, the 19 y/o

guy, i guess that's why he's deading in the 800's and we're not, lol.
    right, it's all about the posterior chain

2. It's my goal to someday hit a 600lb good morning That'd be fooking sick.
    •   

3. ex, i remember quite a while ago you had said something about 'no need to do deads regularly and they kept going up'. is that still working out for you? hoping that doing hypers and good mornings will shoot my dead up without doing em. everytime i do them on a regular basis, something goes wrong. what say you?

4. beelze you've really gotta find a way to start doing GHR .. nothing has helped my dead and squat more

does your gym have a seated calf raise with a fairly large seat?

5. After Glen told me about those I do them all the time. To make it even higher off the ground I add 2 cardio step things on top of the seat.

6. with ghrs they get harder when your feet go up higher than your knees.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    ex, i remember quite a while ago you had said something about 'no need to do deads regularly and they kept going up'. is that still working out for you? hoping that doing hypers and good mornings will shoot my dead up without doing em. everytime i do them on a regular basis, something goes wrong. what say you?
    The fact that you have problems with deadlifts and getting injured just means you have a weak core bro. No other cause... Do more hardcore ab/core work such as extreme incline situps with heavy ass dumbells for low reps (you should be able to do these with a 50lb dumbell for at least 10 reps, a 60 or 70lb dumbell would be even better). Also, situps on a swiss ball with a 45lb plate for 20-30 reps, russian twists with a 45lb plate or a heavy ass dumbell and side bends with a heavy ass dumbell (ideally 100-140lbs for 10+ reps).

Edit: yeah you do good mornings, lol. not awake yet

Truthfully though, deadlifts are an exercise you can do maybe once a month and still make decent progress, esp if you do box squats and good mornings.

8. exnihilo hit the nail on the head. when i started training with exmgq he said we're going to hit your posterior and abs hard, 2xs a week, if you have a weak core then everything else suffers.

9. 4/21 - chest/delts/tri's/back

well, not quite all that....

flat dumbbell
    (2) 40's x 10
    60's x 10
    90's x 8
    125's x 5
    175's x 1.....pull (awesome, doesn't even phase me anymore, damn near funny, going for the record this year)

some tri's
    some back
    some cardio

woot woot.

10. time for a bionic chest buddy
    •   

11. eh, at least i get stronger between each injury.

12. must be a very minor pull. was able to do a 45 degree pushup this morning which took me over a week last time. may switch back to some TUT pec training from now on though.

13. I wish you a speedy recovery in any event lil' buddy.

Love,
    PCT Ubiquitous

14. beelze, ever go to a doctor about it?

15. PCT Ubiquitos, lol.

guy, no docs required to tell me i have a pull. i should have gone for the first injury in 2003 but didn't. i was out of commission for 3 months with that one, i suspect it was a minor tear. this one isn't serious at all. something about my chest that doesn't like heavy weight.

16. maybe it just doesn't like constant PR's and repping out big weight to a freakish degree, brobro.

Alas, who am I but an emotionally chaotic bundle of sporadic thoughts and fluctuating hormones. I need my blankie.

ps true GHR's are gnarly hammy obliterators. Tried 'em for my first time today.

17. Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitous
    maybe it just doesn't like constant PR's and repping out big weight to a freakish degree, brobro.

Alas, who am I but an emotionally chaotic bundle of sporadic thoughts and fluctuating hormones. I need my blankie.

ps true GHR's are gnarly hammy obliterators. Tried 'em for my first time today.
    well, yeah, that could be it too but it'll just have to adjust cuz it ain't gettin' lighter any time soon. you'll be ok bro, sounds like clomid is taking over, lol. yeah, i've seen those GHR's, they look badass but our gym just doesn't have em. perhaps, i can conjure up some sort of invention with ducttape and broomsticks again.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    i can conjure up some sort of invention with ducttape and broomsticks again.
    OMFG! Not the duct tape and broomstick again! I am just starting to be able to walk normal.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html

19. Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr
    OMFG! Not the duct tape and broomstick again! I am just starting to be able to walk normal.
    LMAO

20. all you need is a seated calf machine with a big seat for GHRs

21. unfortunately, ours has that little bicycle seat looking thing. plus, it's bolted to the ground with about 12 inches of space behind it from the wall. good idea though.
  22. Talking

4/24 - quads/hams/forearms/bi's/calves
    squats
    bar x 10
    (2) 135 x 8
    225 x 5
    315 x 3
    belt
    405 x 1
    belt/wraps
    555 x 3 PR (this weight has never been on the bar, until now)
    90 second stretch

RDL's
    135 x 8
    225 x 5
    315 x 3
    465 x 6 PR
    60 second stretch

dumbbell wrist curls
    60's x 17 PR
    60's x 10

standing alt dumbbell curls
    35's x 10
    45's x 5
    60's x 20 (rest-pause after 15)
    90 second stretch

standing calves
    3 sets SB calf hater routine (oh how i really hate them)

2 sets of crunches with 50lb dumbbell
    1 max set of leg lifts

20 mins cardio

23. Hey man, have you ever tried machines? I read in Muscle and Fitness they give better results because you can isolate more, you should totally try it. Just kidding, damn impressive romanian deadlift numbers and definately a nice looking squat, keep that **** up.

24. great squat buddy! are you going parallel or below parallel just outta curiosity

25. ktw, LMAO, almost convinced me. thanks brutha.

glen, it's very slightly below parallel, like an inch or less below parallel. thanks for the props bruthaman.

26. 4/25 - chest/shoulders/tri's/back
    chest rehab
    iso-wide hammer 3/5 tempo with squeeze at top
    (2) 90 x 30
    cable crossovers
    (2) 70 x 15
    80 second stretch with 70's

lat raises
    (2) 40's x 20

CGBP smith
    135 x 20
    155 x 30
    185 x 20
    225 x 15
    60 second stretch with 50's

wide grip pulldowns
    150 x 10
    240 x 5
    330 x 7 PR (spot on 7)

hammer low row
    90 x 10
    180 x 10
    410 x 9 PR

20 mins cardio

27. Looking damn strong B. 555lbs squat very nice.

28. Nice work!! I didn't see exactly what you're doing for calves- is it the 5 sec. eccentric phase and the 15 sec hold at the bottom or what. If you wouldn't mind sharing your calf routine once that would be great. Sorry if you already posted it. Thanks-

29. Beelze is keeping that secret.

Nice squat buddy... you do realize that if you ever had to squat a 7 month old manatee to save your life, you probably could now.

30. sea, nah, it's not DC. it's a routine SB wrote up for me. some of you older folks might remember him from gotfina. SB = silverback. in any case, he didn't give me the green light to share it yet so until then, it stays with me.

ubi, how about cows? we do have cows.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Glen's training log (better than beelze's)
    By glenihan in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 159
    Last Post: 08-14-2006, 10:16 AM
  2. KELSEYs training log-strength hypertrophy split
    By kelsey in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2006, 01:35 AM
  3. Dunimous Training Log
    By dunimous in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-28-2006, 10:18 AM
  4. Multiple training logs