Team Juggernaut ft. Booneman77 - 3 months to Mass!

Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

1. Late but in

2. So what's everyone thoughts on macros. Are they all the same. Such as is a sugar or carb the same even though one my be from a apple or sweet potato or from something crap like candy.
    What's everyone think.
    •   

3. I think you have one life, enjoy food in moderation. 80/20 rule. 80% healthy and 20% of a food you enjoy. A small percentage of people get paid to stay in shape year around or compete. Iíve literally been following 80/20 for the last two years and got a CMP done and EVERYTHING is within range. Only thing *slightly* elevated (upper range) was my BUN level.

If you have an end goal, get it. But, you have to have a social life and relationships outside of lifting.
    Psalms 62:1-62:2

4. Quote Originally Posted by SilentSavage0523 View Post
    So what's everyone thoughts on macros. Are they all the same. Such as is a sugar or carb the same even though one my be from a apple or sweet potato or from something crap like candy.
    What's everyone think.
    For me, and the way my body reacts, thereís def a difference in the way I look and feel with different sources for the same macros... Oreo cals vs rice cals treat me differently. Not always the way youíd think tho too.... sugary cereal sits really well with me while steel cut oats blot the hell out of me and make me super gassy... regular oats tho are one of my favorites and have no issues. Really a case by case basis so I donít put a ton of stock into clean vs dirty, really only on what I see for myself.

As far as getting fat vs staying lean, itís calories. I can be in a deficit getting all my carbs from twinkies and still lose fat just as fast as if I got those same cals from sweet potatoes (I will feel different and prob perform a bit diff but fat loss wonít change).
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

5. So I talked to my coach a bunch yesterday about the total cals/macros not being clear with only getting a meal plan that has suggestions so he updated me with a screenshot of a MFP day of eating with cals and macros to show rough outlines. As well, he showed some suggested swaps for protein sources to, with the main goal being to keep cals pretty consistent vs just weights.

Also somehting to note is that this is the 3rd update to my meal plans this week and each time has been a bit different (first was expected as it went from before I sent pics/weight to after so cals and macros changed slightly) but this one today there were some changes that I actually think were accidental (added another snack and changed a qty on one of my evening carb items... I raised the question why (since there was no weight or pics to justify a change) but haven;'t heard back yet. I think it was just a mistake/typo but things like that are a concern for me in the long run as that is a calorie change that would be unplanned and would make a decent difference in this case as its a few hundred cals different vs just a couple... for someone with tight calorie control requirements these types of mistakes can't happen.

I will update later when I hear back.
    •   

6. Finally heard back late last night and it was a mix of mistake and changes ha. He cleared up the meal plan (only good for the next two days anyways tho) so weíre set for this weekend.

I did have some questions on the training but he was too late and I had already worked out. Yesterday was an awesome leg day as it was the first dedicated leg workout for me in about 2 months since I was doing high freq training and hitting them a little everyday. My strength def isnít still where it was about 6mo ago but itís coming along (though during this stint Iím only focusing on size).

Some other notes:
    Sleep has been amazing. Adding more carbs before bed has me dead to the world.

Weight this morning was 175.7 (up 1.2lb) but body comp is noticeably softer so thatís something Iím interested to see how my coach reacts to in terms of diet.

7. No training or cardio this weekend (by design). Tough for me mentally, but fortunately Iíll be out of town and tailgating with some friends this evening and tomorrow so that will make t easier. I just enjoy being in the gym so only working out 4 days in a week isnít my favorite.

Diet will be a bit off tonight and tomorrow as well with some drinking going on so I discussed with my coach and he said just to keep fats low when ďcheatingĒ but otherwise enjoy life. Good to hear. I will be keeping things within reason tho in terms of cals and making sure to get enough protein at a minimum so no real harm will be done to either body comp or recovery (since no training anyway)

8. Where you tailgating? Always a good time

9. Damn 175. We are the same height and you look way bigger haha. How much are you looking to gain?

10. Quote Originally Posted by nicksox15 View Post
    Where you tailgating? Always a good time
    Panthers falcons game in Charlotte. Tailgates down here are sub or compared to what Iím used to from pittsburgh and penn state ha. PSU tailgates are on another level.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Mowglisml View Post
    Damn 175. We are the same height and you look way bigger haha. How much are you looking to gain?
    ALL OF IT.

Haha I have no idea. I think a reasonable target because I want to keep my bf as low or lower is 5lb or so. A little over a lb a month should be achievable Iíd hope.

If I do end up deciding to run a cycle later in this tho that could increase obviously.

One of my targets for myself has always been 185lb @ 10% or so

12. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    Panthers falcons game in Charlotte. Tailgates down here are sub or compared to what Iím used to from pittsburgh and penn state ha. PSU tailgates are on another level.
    Iím in Iowa and tailgate at Hawkeye games about twice a year, always a crazy time

13. I was tailgating IU vs Wisco today, it seems that pretty much any big 10 tailgate is crazy lol.
    Training log:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/267913-jswains-training-log.html

14. OU tailgates are always pretty fun. I sadly didn't make it to Stillwater for the Bedlam game, but it was a good game to watch nonetheless.

15. You guys have no idea... a 50k town turns into a 250+k town for a psu game. Itís insanity like you canít imagine.

Iíve been to Iowa and been to michagan, Georgia, Georgia tech, and Ohio state and none is even close

16. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    You guys have no idea... a 50k town turns into a 250+k town for a psu game. It’s insanity like you can’t imagine.

I’ve been to Iowa and been to michagan, Georgia, Georgia tech, and Ohio state and none is even close
    I’ve never been huge into watching sports, but ever since I switched to one of the best colleges for sports in the nation, it got pretty hard to ignore.. lol The atmosphere on game days is truly amazing here, I’d like to go see a few others because I know it’s not the craziest out here.

17. So diet will stay the same this week (still around 2700cals). Training is 5 days and mostly higher reps. Also some supersets on select days.

Should be a fun week.

18. well, week is starting off like a turddddd... flights have been a mess all day (cancelled, delays, missed connections, etc) and now I will literally be stuck in various airports from 6am this morning (eastern time) until finally landing in wisconsin at 9:30pm (central time) tonight... F that.

Luckily I had planned today to be one of my two off days (friday being my other one as I usually try not to force a workout on days I travel since I know things can go wrong like this) so that worked out at least. It will have been 3 days completely off training sat/sun/mon which mentally for me is brutal. I fell like a slob right now after really doing no exercise of any kind outside of walking all over town and airports. HATE HATE HATE not being able to anything.

also, diet timing today is all jacked up since half my day is spent on planes so it will look nothing like a normal day per the plan... frankly it will look a lot more like my own diet had with the bulk of my calories eaten when I land tonight in a giant feast. Probably will be a little on the low side of the cal scale as well simply due to timing and convenience.

One thing I am trying to focus on during this run is getting more sleep. I tend to only get 5-6hrs most weekdays (at best) and often 4 or less some days. Weekends normally give me a chance to catch up and get 8-10 but lately this hasn't happened simply due to engagements and more travel... Im really working to get to bed earlier on the week nights now that Im not spending as much time eating late in the evenings and hoping to see some benefits from this aspect as well.

19. My sleep is very similar. Everything I read about that involves my goals says I should be getting better sleep... but I never fix it. I'm going to one of these weeks, or so I tell myself!
    "In this world, empires rise and fall. Ages come and go. The only thing that's certain: Everything will someday die."

20. Quote Originally Posted by Martyfnemec View Post
    My sleep is very similar. Everything I read about that involves my goals says I should be getting better sleep... but I never fix it. I'm going to one of these weeks, or so I tell myself!
    since upping my cals and carbs I've been sleeping like the dead. I never struggle to sleep at all (I literally can just turn "off" and go to sleep anytime anywhere - which is great for a travel job/planes haha) but the deepness of the sleep the last week has been noticeable so I figure that this is a good sign adn that i really should optimize this aspect since, as you mentioned, its one of thsoe things that is always discussed as being of utmost importance, but always falls to the bottom of my priority list ha

21. Sucks about the travel, did that guy from the other log ever hit you up with any of his progress pics from when he worked with your coach? I know you are dying to see some progress from others.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

22. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Sucks about the travel, did that guy from the other log ever hit you up with any of his progress pics from when he worked with your coach? I know you are dying to see some progress from others.
    nope, nothing.

I did get invited to the closed FB group this weekend and theres been a few posts from one of the guys who competed this weekend. Looked very solid in terms of amateur size (physique, not BB) and condition was decent (not sure what his experience level is/was but it didn't seem like this was his first contest). Theres a few others as I'm scrolling back further too from various comps over the past month or two. A few top finishes in various divisions (mostly natural comps too). Pretty impressed with the pics I've been seeing in the group now... they need to get more of these up on their site(s) for the public.

23. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    nope, nothing.

I did get invited to the closed FB group this weekend and theres been a few posts from one of the guys who competed this weekend. Looked very solid in terms of amateur size (physique, not BB) and condition was decent (not sure what his experience level is/was but it didn't seem like this was his first contest). Theres a few others as I'm scrolling back further too from various comps over the past month or two. A few top finishes in various divisions (mostly natural comps too). Pretty impressed with the pics I've been seeing in the group now... they need to get more of these up on their site(s) for the public.
    Yeah, a lot of trainers get into the Facebook or IG and forget about their sites because facebook and IG give you instant feedback.
    Current Training Log -

24. Quote Originally Posted by Eric Mar View Post
    I'd put it this way:

Timing
    Macros
    Calories
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSavage0523 View Post
    Is this just your opinion or is it also shared by Carl.
    to answer/end this debate (from FB group):
    Carl Jackson
    October 27 at 9:23am
    Coaches Corner:
    16/8 Intermittent fasting study shows us a few key point about diet & nutrition:
    1. That energy balance is what matters with regards to fat loss.
    2. That daily protein intake is more important than protein timing and frequency.
    3. That the lean gains protocol is probably not suboptimal for people trying to improve muscle strength and body composition.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/27737674/

25. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    to answer/end this debate (from FB group):
    Excellent! Any other answer would not have cut it.

The one weakness with IF, is a lower protein synthesis level. Well unless spiking aminos every couple hours during a fast to promote protein synthesis. Do they tend to spike aminos with their version of IF, looks like if they do it is more like Martyn's Lean Gains setup. If they knew you were an IF guy why not set you up with an IF bulking protocol? I imagine you have asked the question?
    Current Training Log -
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Team Juggernaut- 3 Month Journey
    By SilentSavage0523 in forum Team Juggernaut
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: Yesterday, 01:49 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-20-2017, 06:29 PM
  3. Alternatives to Mass Tabs or Oxodrol-12