Party Marty's Workout Log

Page 8 of 8 First ... 678

1. Day 1 of the Lean & Mean Program. This week is a "Power" week so almost of all of the exercises have rep ranges of 4-6. It's hard to just guess what amount I need to do 4-6 reps, so I got it wrong many times. Haha. I love the routine so far. Today was chest, biceps, forearms, and abs.

Incline Hammer DB Press 75x1x8, 85x2x5
    Flat Barbell Bench Press 85x1x6, 85x2x8
    Dumbbell Pullover 60x1x8, 70x1x8
    Incline Smith Press 205x1x6, 205x1x5
    EZ-Bar 90-deg Preacher Curls 80x1x8, 80x1x6
    Standing EZ-Bar Curl 90x2x6, 80x1x10
    Standing Concentration Curls 55x2x5
    Seated Incline DB Curls 40x2x6
    Reverse Grip EZ-Bar Curls 80x2x5
    Crunch Machine 150x3x20, 100x2x30

LISS Elliptical Cardio 20 minutes
    "In this world, empires rise and fall. Ages come and go. The only thing that's certain: Everything will someday die."

2. Oh, your DB presses are heavy! The other exercises looking good too!
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    Oh, your DB presses are heavy! The other exercises looking good too!
    The Hammer DB Press was weird because I held the dumbbells vertical, which made the press much more unstable left to right. It added a much bigger element of "I hope these dumbbells don't fall on my face." I don't think I had ever held them like that...
    "In this world, empires rise and fall. Ages come and go. The only thing that's certain: Everything will someday die."

4. Personally, I wouldn't even attempt to do heavy presses, BB -or DB's. Risk of injury is way to high for an older guy.
    I think I wouldn't even get them into position, LOL.
    Good weight! You are a strong mofo!

5. I used to think I was a puzzy if I didn't do heavy presses. Then I remembered that I'm old as fack and don't really care what people think. Plus, it's nice being able to put on my shirts without my shoulders feeling like somebody is stabbing me
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    I used to think I was a puzzy if I didn't do heavy presses. Then I remembered that I'm old as fack and don't really care what people think. Plus, it's nice being able to put on my shirts without my shoulders feeling like somebody is stabbing me
    Not a bad strategy! I might use that. My chest has always been lagging and now that I've been cutting for nearly a year straight, my strength has slowly diminished bit by bit.

7. Continued the power week and today was legs. As usual, my s**tty back held me back a bit from going super heavy, but I don't really care to not be able to walk for two months again. I can already tell that my legs are going to be super sore. I mostly followed the routine, but did stray a little bit.

Leg Press 545x1x6, 630x2x4
    Smith Machine Squats 225x2x4, 225x1x6, 135x2x10
    Smith Machine Stiff-Legged Deadlifts 225x3x5
    Leg Extensions 190x3x6
    Lying Leg Curls 125x1x6, 135x1x6, 140x1x6
    Single-Leg Lying Leg Curls 50x3x6
    Seated Calf Raise Machine 180x5x5

LISS Elliptical Cardio 20 minutes

8. Alright. I ended taking yesterday off because my wife flew to FL and also because DOMS had my legs feeling like I got caned from the waist down. Power week continued today with Back Day. It felt good to go heavy on back, except for the partial deads, which I thought I screwed my back up, but now it is feeling closer to normal again.

Underhand Seated Cable Rows 205x1x8, 220x2x6
    Close Grip Lat Pulldowns 205x1x6, 220x1x5, 220x1x6
    Bentover Barbell Rows 205x3x6
    Lawnmower Pulls 85x1x10, 95x1x7, 100x1x5
    Partial Deadlifts 225x1x8, 275x1x6, 315x1x3
    Torso Rotation Machine 90x3x20
    Cable Crunch 70x3x20

LISS Elliptical Cardio 35 minutes

9. And Friday, I saw my favorite musician. Lindsey Stirling was awesome live. It was a Christmas concert, so it mostly Christmas music with a few of her originals. Awesome performance.

Name:  IMG_20171110_225139_528.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  297.2 KB

10. Last night's workout session was the last day (shoulders and tris) of the "power week." This week, it will be a "reps range" week, which is much more high volume. I have to say that I enjoyed it. I think after three weeks, it might repeat, so I will have a power week again in three weeks. Like usual, I was really bad at guessing how much weight I should have done to hit 4-6 reps...

Arnold Dumbbell Press 55x1x10, 65x1x6
    Seated Rear Delt Raise 40x2x8, 45x1x6
    Wide Grip Upright Row 110x2x6
    Single Arm Cable Lat Raises 20x3x6
    Smith Machine Shrugs 315x3x6
    Single Arm DB Upright Row 45x2x6
    Close Grip Smith Bench Press 135x1x10, 225x1x5, 225x1x6
    Incline EZ Bar Tricep Extension 90x1x6, 90x2x5
    Seated DB Skullcrushers 75x2x6
    Seated Calf Raise Machine 180x3x5

11. Today was the first day of the "Rep Range" Week. It was chest and biceps with some forearms and abs. Nothing too crazy except for the higher reps, but it did have me do bench press in a Smnith Machine and bring the bar down to my clavicle, with my arms straight out horizontally. It burned like crazy and I'm not sure I've ever felt that before. Oh, and I just realized I forgot to do one of the bicep exercises. MOTHER F**K!

60 Degree Incline DB Press 75x1x10, 80x2x8
    Smith Bench Press to Upper Chest 135x1x10, 135x1x12, 135x1x10
    Machine Dips 180x2x15
    Pec Deck Flies 190x2x16
    Prone 45 Degree Barbell Spider Curls 80x2x8, 80x1x10
    Seated Incline DB Curls 30x2x10
    Single Arm DB Wrist Curl 30x1x15, 30x1x20
    Reverse Grip EZ Bar Curl 70x1x9, 70x1x13
    Machine Crunch 150x5x20

12. I ended up switching today's back day with tomorrow's rest day, so I will go do that tomorrow after work.

However, pretty big news on my end.

I was holding off on my bulk because my wife and I were trying to have a kid. Well, she took the test today and she's pregnant. Obviously, we're still in the danger zone of losing it, so we will be sitting on that for a couple months before we go to the doctor and confirm that everything is on the up and up. In terms of gym and nutrition, this means that if all things check out, I will probably be going on a bulk in January.

Big news, though. This will be my first kid. I still kind of feel like a kid a bit myself, but I know I can handle it!

13. Quote Originally Posted by Martyfnemec View Post
    I ended up switching today's back day with tomorrow's rest day, so I will go do that tomorrow after work.

I was holding off on my bulk because my wife and I were trying to have a kid. Well, she took the test today and she's pregnant. Obviously, we're still in the danger zone of losing it, so we will be sitting on that for a couple months before we go to the doctor and confirm that everything is on the up and up. In terms of gym and nutrition, this means that if all things check out, I will probably be going on a bulk in January.

Big news, though. This will be my first kid. I still kind of feel like a kid a bit myself, but I know I can handle it!
    Congratulations!!! Might be a bit early, but I hope things turn out!
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

14. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    Congratulations!!! Might be a bit early, but I hope things turn out!
    Thanks. I've done my best to not stress and put my faith in God's plan for us. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be!

15. Quote Originally Posted by Martyfnemec View Post
    I ended up switching today's back day with tomorrow's rest day, so I will go do that tomorrow after work.

Awesome brother. Just remember the first 9 years you cant wait till their out the house, and the last 9 years you beg them not to leave

16. Quote Originally Posted by Martyfnemec View Post

Congratualtions! Who is the father?

17. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    Congratualtions! Who is the father?

Hahaha.

18. WOW. And now I get the real offer from the CDC around a half-day after the other big news. I can hardly even wrap my head around the last day... Luckily, I don't have to because I'm about to go to the gym for back day. Haha.

19. Yesterday was back day:

Prone Incline DB Rows 65x3x10
    Underhand Cable Rows 190x3x10
    Wide Grip Lat Pulldown 180x2x13
    Straight Arm Cable Pushdown 47.5x2x16
    Partial Smith Deadlifts 225x1x7, 225x1x10
    Hyperextensions BWx2x10
    Crunch Machine 170x5x15

20. Today was leg day:

Leg Extensions 170x1x9, 190x1x9
    Single Leg Leg Press 180x2x10
    Smith Machine Squats 135x2x10, 135x1x12
    Single Leg Extensions 55x1x12, 40x1x16
    Seated Leg Curl Machine 150x1x10, 160x1x9
    Lying Leg Curl Machine 100x2x10
    Leg Adduction Machine 230x2x18
    Straight Leg BB Good Mornings 45x1x13, 95x2x13
    Smith Machine Standing Calf Raises 225x3x12

21. Now I have to pack to go to Dallas for a week. Leaving tomorrow around noon, coming back the next Sunday mid-afternoon. There is an LA Fitness around 7 minutes away from my brother-in-law's house so I don't believe my training will take a hit. My diet is going to get screwed, though.

22. I for one want to see pics of your screwed diet
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

23. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    I for one want to see pics of your screwed diet
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 06-27-2017, 11:30 PM
  2. Phillyb's Workout Log
    By phillyb in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-26-2006, 11:14 PM
  3. Redemption: My workout log up to my next two comps
    By NickW in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 12-24-2005, 02:16 AM