Jim's Training to Become a Human Tank!

Page 43 of 51 First ... 4142434445 ... Last

1. That is a little big haha.

Just keep at it, keep working smart.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

2. Inversion table is better than band hanging IMO.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    NomZ[at]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    All posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not reflect the views of SNS.
    •   

3. Another vote for hanging from a band. First thing Super D did when he came out on to the gym floor today. Hell, I gained stance width after being coached through it today.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

4. Thinking about getting back into boxing (although, probably not too hard core.) I always enjoyed it, and who here couldn't benefit from being better conditioned.

Also, non workout related. Debating the pros and cons of switching the bed on the C10 to a stepside (I like the look better, but it ain't cheap). Trying to decide how much I want to do to it, as far as modifications go. I'm thinking about lifting it some, although probably not much (or OG suspension with the big rear wheels and smaller fronts, I always liked how that looked) Trying to decide if I want to have power steering/brakes put on it, doubt I'll do A/C but its possible.

Any opinions from you ****nuggets? (Referring to both topics here)
    Last edited by jimbuick; 08-20-2014 at 11:01 PM.

5. Can't help on the second part, but I vote yes on the boxing. It's good cardio and my shoulders always felt great when I was sparring regularly.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Can't help on the second part, but I vote yes on the boxing. It's good cardio and my shoulders always felt great when I was sparring regularly.
    I miss doing it, its been a long time though. Since my dad was still alive (he was a golden glove boxer back when he was in the military).

It was always fun (more so than the MMA was, I don't care for kicking or grappling really).

Trying to decide if I want to go to a boxing gym or just train on my own again....

7. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I miss doing it, its been a long time though. Since my dad was still alive (he was a golden glove boxer back when he was in the military). It was always fun (more so than the MMA was, I don't care for kicking or grappling really). Trying to decide if I want to go to a boxing gym or just train on my own again....
    I'd start on your own with basic footwork and combo drills. It'll help to reestablish your base and get your cardio started. Shadow boxing is very underrated for cardio.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

8. I agree with starting on your own at first. Getting your hands and feet to move together again takes time. But, eventually you have to get the sparring work in. Get used to breathing with a mouthpiece in again.

Offense/defense drills were the capstone of our gym. You throw a lot more punches that way than sparring and it's great practice to build yourself up again. I was the only white kid in an inner city gym, they were fast. I had to learn to block quick.

It's unreal the caliber of fighters I've seen come out of that gym.

9. Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    I agree with starting on your own at first. Getting your hands and feet to move together again takes time. But, eventually you have to get the sparring work in. Get used to breathing with a mouthpiece in again.

Offense/defense drills were the capstone of our gym. You throw a lot more punches that way than sparring and it's great practice to build yourself up again. I was the only white kid in an inner city gym, they were fast. I had to learn to block quick.

It's unreal the caliber of fighters I've seen come out of that gym.
    Breathing with a mouthpiece isn't an issue since I usually train and compete with one.

The rest of what you said though.....lol.

10. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Breathing with a mouthpiece isn't an issue since I usually train and compete with one. The rest of what you said though.....lol.
    You're lucky man. I struggled breathing properly at first. I saw a pro get his jaw broke by an amateur for breathing with an open mouth and I changed that real fast.

You'll be good man, you have a base. Keep practicing and when you're ready find a gym with a good coach. It is amazing cardio, best shape of my life.
    •   

11. I started working out with an armourbite mouthpiece. It opens the jaw and allows airflow while clenching. Love it
    Independent Review

12. PF!
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

13. Is alive and well lol. What up Sean
    Independent Review

14. Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    I started working out with an armourbite mouthpiece. It opens the jaw and allows airflow while clenching. Love it
    Yeah, I've been using one since that time I passed out doing stones.

15. Pre stain:

Name:  ForumRunner_20140824_125732.png
Views: 29
Size:  384.6 KB

After black cherry stain:

Name:  ForumRunner_20140824_125745.png
Views: 28
Size:  474.7 KB

After a couple coats of polyurethane, 1-2 more to go and we're done:

Name:  ForumRunner_20140824_125840.png
Views: 30
Size:  518.7 KB

16. Nice job on that.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at FINAFLEX.com

@RegisterJr on Twitter and Instagram.

17. Love the bed man
    Independent Review

18. Well.....****.

19. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Well.....****.
    Oh yeah?...go on
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

20. Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post

Oh yeah?...go on
    Was gonna try to squat and **** today but couldn't even get 1/4 of the way down with an empty barbell without being in a significant amount of pain.

21. Feel you brotha
    Independent Review

22. Benched yesterday, squatted and dead lifted today.

Real low volume, beltless.

Had some pain at 135 for the squats, just did singles on everything up to that. Close to depth, but a little high on most reps. Went as far down as possible without too much pain.

Deadlifted 135 beltless for some singles with only some slight pressure, no real pain. Didn't go heavier.

23. Nice man, build it back up slow. Must have at least felt good to get your hands on a barbell and get lower body movements in.
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

24. Hell yeah, and the climb back up begins. Be smart, Jim.

25. Good to see you back man. Hope things move forward positively and things go well.
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

26. There's no magic cure for this **** man?
    NomZ[at]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    All posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not reflect the views of SNS.

27. Glad to see you getting back at it bud
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

28. Thanks guys, got some workout updates again from yesterday and today.

Gonna try to start posting on here more again.

29. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Thanks guys, got some workout updates again from yesterday and today. Gonna try to start posting on here more again.
    Good stuff man, happy to hear!

30. Alright, so didn't post the updates.

I'll try to get on and post them after my workout tomorrow (for the week).

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-24-2012, 05:21 PM
  2. Prohormones to Become Schedule III Drugs
    By PsYoP78 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-22-2004, 05:19 PM
  3. A question about training to failure...
    By Gaf Knee in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-01-2003, 11:23 PM
  4. Training to improve throws
    By bigbadboss101 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-22-2003, 02:42 AM
  5. what is to become of anabolicarchive?
    By dez/null in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-17-2003, 06:18 PM