Swanson's Penultimate 5/3/1 Powerlifting Log...for real

Page 3 of 33 First 12345 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    The video is private.
    Damn it. I'll fix it.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

2. Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
    •   

3. **** macros. I'm liftin in the 308's.

4. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    Gay...
    I prefer curious.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    I prefer curious.
    That just makes you indecisively gay and closeted. You matter as well seize the moment, lol.

I will check out the video now, as I am curious indeed.
    "The Iron never lies to you."~Henry Rollins
    "People have to get away from the dogma that it's all free weights or all machines. They can have sex. You can do both."~Dave Tate

6. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    You're squirming a lot, when you get heavier, and something is definitely up with that left shoulder. Looks like it's bothering you and you are untucking left scap to drive. Drop the weight if you need to, and keep that scap retracted, to avoid aggravating the injury.

But the strength is there. Just looks like pain is getting in your way.
    "People have to get away from the dogma that it's all free weights or all machines. They can have sex. You can do both."~Dave Tate

7. Ya man I need to get set. I fawking hate this bench setup and it seems like I can't get squared up. However, getting tight is a battle I've always fought.

Left shoulder is the injured one (good eye) and it was tender after squatting on Monday. I'll prob drop the max a bit for the 3's so I can work around it.

Thanks for the feedback!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    Ya man I need to get set. I fawking hate this bench setup and it seems like I can't get squared up. However, getting tight is a battle I've always fought.

Left shoulder is the injured one (good eye) and it was tender after squatting on Monday. I'll prob drop the max a bit for the 3's so I can work around it.

Thanks for the feedback!
    It takes one to know one -- someone with shoulder issues. I've had so much work on both of mine, including having the ends of my collar bone cut off to open to the joints (creating a false A/C joint) to put an end to chronic separation (type 2-3) and bilateral impingement syndrome.

Anyhow, I feel you. When my shoulder hurts, I do the same shyte. It may help me get the weight up, but it also furthers the injury.

9. Failed on the vid this morning; the phone charge let me choose music or vid, so I chose music.

Agile 8, mash, roll, treadmill, back raises

SUMO DL
    295x5
    340x5
    385x7 <<<<<<< feels GOOOD. I think I could've pulled 10, but again my adductors we're getting pretty fatigued.

I'm happy as hell with this session; I set my max apprehensively @ 500, so this was a victory for my psyche today.

FRONT SQUAT
    135x8
    185x8
    225x5x3

Why is this comparable to my back squat?

DB WALKING LUNGES
    +40x20x2

BW PULL UP
    BWx5x4
    X4x2

FACE PULLS
    3 sets 15

REAR DELT DESTROYERS
    **** you

12' HIIT

Out.

10. Good work man. So is sumo staying?

Your squats will catch up. Makes me think though: Are you in an optimal stance/bar position? I'd hate to give you more crap to think about. Just thinking about you comparing front:back strength.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Good work man. So is sumo staying?

Your squats will catch up. Makes me think though: Are you in an optimal stance/bar position? I'd hate to give you more crap to think about. Just thinking about you comparing front:back strength.
    Yeah ME sumos are much easier on the ol lumbar region for me. Convos will stay as an accessory.

Good question about squats. I've never learned how, I just throw weight on and give it hell. I'll try and get more angles and squat vids for everyone to critique, hopefully I can optimize my leverages...I'm a short legged dude so most of my issues come from torso collapse.

12. Good session big guy...
  13. Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]

14. Really nice DL work, man. And good session. Particularly impressive given shoulder challenges. Doesn't look like it's going to take you too long to get back to where you wanna be.

15. Hell of a day dude. A part of me died when I saw the 20 rep sets of lunges..

16. Just got done reading all 8 pages
    Its good to see u didnt just give up Keep up the mobility and Im sure youll be on top of your game again in no time

Subed

17. Swanson is a strong, persistent mofo
    [email protected]

18. Quote Originally Posted by jinxie View Post
    Really nice DL work, man. And good session. Particularly impressive given shoulder challenges. Doesn't look like it's going to take you too long to get back to where you wanna be.
    Thanks! Honestly my shoulder only holds me back when I squat...that's seriously the only lift that aggravates it. Consequently, it hurts on bench day because of squats.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    Hell of a day dude. A part of me died when I saw the 20 rep sets of lunges..
    Yeah, I don't know why I did that. I wanted to puke.

Quote Originally Posted by Duramaxhd View Post
    Just got done reading all 8 pages
    Its good to see u didnt just give up Keep up the mobility and Im sure youll be on top of your game again in no time

Subed
    Thanks & welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Swanson is a strong, persistent mofo
    You had me at hello.

19. Damn man nice session. Bet that was brutal!
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

20. Sorry all-work has been bat**** crazy this week. I'll recap my SQ & BP sessions real quick.

SQUAT
    220x5
    255x5
    285x8

Felt much better this week; backed my max down to 375 :frusty:, but I've gotta start someplace. I'll likely move on through the first 4 weeks with the 375 max then reevaluate, unless anyone has a better suggestion.

BENCH PRESS
    205x5
    235x5
    275x6

Got past the final set this week, so I'll move on with the 355 max through 4 weeks.

I really emphasized core, upper back and quads for assistance this week thus far. I'll have a better session update and vid for DL & OHP this weekend.

21. Crazy stuff continues to happen at work, which is what threw everything off; left work at around 16:30 on Friday, as usual. Came in at 0630 Monday to find out we had been bought out & fully taken over at 16:59 on Friday.

New company made gigantic, sweeping schedule changes; they'll be better in the long run, but this week has sucked. I won't train the usual M/W/F/S type thing, I'll rotate my training around my schedule. No big deal, really, just different.

Looking forward to getting off work today @ 19:00, crushing some turkey, sleeping til about noon tomorrow and busting out a solid DL session.

Happy Thanksgiving, folks.

22. you too, Grizzly bear
    [email protected]

23. Nice benching, Swanson Hungryman (that was a frozen food line, for hungry men, years ago, lol).

Have a happy Turkey Day!

24. Quote Originally Posted by jinxie View Post
    Nice benching, Swanson Hungryman (that was a frozen food line, for hungry men, years ago, lol). Have a happy Turkey Day!
    that's better than grizzly bear! (Swanson reminds me of one)
    [email protected]

25. I want to qualify this session with a litany of excuses, but they're just that. Excuses.

I'm not THRILLED with this session, but I guess it is what it is. I was tired/worn out, and simply didn't bring it.

SUMO DL
    315x3
    365x3
    405x1
    225x5x5

I'll stay with this next week. I fully expect to be fresh and kick that stupid 405 in the ass.

FRONT SQUAT
    225x3x5
    Blah.

SNATCH GRIP DL
    225x3x5

Done.

For some ridiculous reason, I forgot I was going to DL today. I thought I was going to OHP, so I went and got a couple tires (one 700 pounder), and conditioned this morning. Flipping that monster son of a bitch tore me up, I took a 2 hour nap, then was surprised when I woke up and looked at my schedule. Dumbass.

Vid.

http://youtu.be/JMC46dAW8NI

26. If I thought I was supposed to OHP and then flipped a tire a bunch, I would probably have just OHPed. Lol. Next time, big man.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

27. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    If I thought I was supposed to OHP and then flipped a tire a bunch, I would probably have just OHPed. Lol. Next time, big man.
    Yes, hindsight tells me this should've happened. However, I hate to DL the day before work, since I'm on my feet all freakin day and it's just miserable. So I'll suffer a bad session so I'm not crying for 12 hours on Monday.

My erectors are SHOT.

28. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post

Yes, hindsight tells me this should've happened. However, I hate to DL the day before work, since I'm on my feet all freakin day and it's just miserable. So I'll suffer a bad session so I'm not crying for 12 hours on Monday.

My erectors are SHOT.
    Aargh, that damned hindsight!

29. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post

My erectors are SHOT.
    Oh man, I'm with you there. I usually pull on Thursday, that always leaves me with a rough Friday. But I much prefer having a whole weekend to be rested before I hit a lower body day, even if that means Monday is gonna suck.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

30. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    I want to qualify this session with a litany of excuses, but they're just that. Excuses.

I'm not THRILLED with this session, but I guess it is what it is. I was tired/worn out, and simply didn't bring it.

SUMO DL
    315x3
    365x3
    405x1
    225x5x5

I'll stay with this next week. I fully expect to be fresh and kick that stupid 405 in the ass.

FRONT SQUAT
    225x3x5
    Blah.

SNATCH GRIP DL
    225x3x5

Done.

For some ridiculous reason, I forgot I was going to DL today. I thought I was going to OHP, so I went and got a couple tires (one 700 pounder), and conditioned this morning. Flipping that monster son of a bitch tore me up, I took a 2 hour nap, then was surprised when I woke up and looked at my schedule. Dumbass.

Vid.

http://youtu.be/JMC46dAW8NI
    I can relate and applaud "dumb but strong." After the tire flipping, no easy feats here. Blame it on the tryptophan and move on, Hungry Man.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Tossing Weight With Torobestia: Powerlifting Log
    By Torobestia in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 665
    Last Post: 06-06-2014, 12:10 AM
  2. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-20-2013, 03:30 PM
  3. House of biceps - Young powerlifting log
    By rubus in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-13-2012, 09:23 AM
  4. Log for Cutting (Using Bobo): Starting Tuesday, August 2