Swanson's Penultimate 5/3/1 Powerlifting Log...for real

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why do you like to keep your E2 < 20?
I "operate" best between 17-24. That's when my libido is the strongest, and my mood is manageable. I'm not exceptionally stable :crazy:, so as my E2 climbs, as does anxiety with a side of lethargy.

I'm CRAZY sensitive to hormone changes.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not much today; did a bunch of rolling/ball/mobility work this AM, followed by 30' LISS

This evening had another half hour mobility session followed by 20' HIIT on the elliptical and some 25 yd sprints.

I'll do one more mobility session before bed.

Benchins tomorrow.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Not much today; did a bunch of rolling/ball/mobility work this AM, followed by 30' LISS

This evening had another half hour mobility session followed by 20' HIIT on the elliptical and some 25 yd sprints.

I'll do one more mobility session before bed.

Benchins tomorrow.
Nice man. You're really up on getting your body primed for the workload to come. Solid

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Finally. Pfft.

I'm going to go with napalm on the TRT here. I've got my dosage balanced perfectly with my e2 consistently <20, my hematocrit around 45, and my levels nice and stable around 700. It's taken the better part of 2 years to get here, I'd best not rock the boat for another 150ng/dL of total test.

I'm boring and non-adventurous. :D
I understand and respect your decision. E2 is one of the things I was referring to as far as damage. It's funny how we all react differently. My E2 hovers around 40 and I feel pretty good. I know 40 is on the higher end, but I guess I don't know much different. Maybe I'll talk to doc about lowering that a bit.
I wouldn't call it boring and non-adventurous. I'd call it wise and and very self-aware. You've had enough crazy shlt go down in the past few months, no reason to push the envelope at this point.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I "operate" best between 17-24. That's when my libido is the strongest, and my mood is manageable. I'm not exceptionally stable :crazy:, so as my E2 climbs, as does anxiety with a side of lethargy.

I'm CRAZY sensitive to hormone changes.
This all makes complete sense. Your SHBG is low, so you need less test and E2 to accomplish the same ends. This also means you are a fast metabolizer and may benefit from frequent shooting, which I believe you are already doing. In contrast, my SHBG is higher, and I operate better with TT around 1000 and E2 at 40-50. In the end, they can be functionally similar. It sounds like you've got it dialed in just right. It's all so variable.

My libido actually drops when my E2 gets down to 20, and my joints get achey. But again, my SHBG is high, making the E2 less bioavailable.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today-BENCHINS.

Foam roll, shoulder health band set, lax ball mash, machine rows

Bench-TM 365
205x5
235x5
275x3
Here's the fawkin deal-I lack confidence. I looked at rep speed on 275 and there's nothing to indicate I couldn't have pressed 5. No spotter, no cage, and a shoulder injury have me in that place where I'm not sure I'm good for those last 2-3, so I rack it. :frusty:

PENDLAY ROWS SS W/ BW PULL-UPS
155x8x4
185x8x2
SS
BWx5/4/4/2/2
Ugh. Fat ass.

BW DIPS SS w/BAND FACE PULLS
BWx8/6/6/4/4
Band x 15x5

BW PUSH UPS-FEET ELEVATED 18"
12/10/6/2-FAILURE

12' HIIT

Vid coming.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nothing wrong with that, coming out of a shoulder injury. And you should lack some confidence -- that instinct evolved out of self protection of an injured protection.

So good work. The confidence will build with assurances that the shoulder has recovered. I guarantee it. Take it from a guy who has survived 7 shoulder surgeries.

All ready to go, sitting on the crapper, and it's a private video. Shucks.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
**** macros. I'm liftin in the 308's.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I prefer curious.
That just makes you indecisively gay and closeted. You matter as well seize the moment, lol.

I will check out the video now, as I am curious indeed.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You're squirming a lot, when you get heavier, and something is definitely up with that left shoulder. Looks like it's bothering you and you are untucking left scap to drive. Drop the weight if you need to, and keep that scap retracted, to avoid aggravating the injury.

But the strength is there. Just looks like pain is getting in your way.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya man I need to get set. I fawking hate this bench setup and it seems like I can't get squared up. However, getting tight is a battle I've always fought.

Left shoulder is the injured one (good eye) and it was tender after squatting on Monday. I'll prob drop the max a bit for the 3's so I can work around it.

Thanks for the feedback!

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ya man I need to get set. I fawking hate this bench setup and it seems like I can't get squared up. However, getting tight is a battle I've always fought.

Left shoulder is the injured one (good eye) and it was tender after squatting on Monday. I'll prob drop the max a bit for the 3's so I can work around it.

Thanks for the feedback!
It takes one to know one -- someone with shoulder issues. I've had so much work on both of mine, including having the ends of my collar bone cut off to open to the joints (creating a false A/C joint) to put an end to chronic separation (type 2-3) and bilateral impingement syndrome.

Anyhow, I feel you. When my shoulder hurts, I do the same shyte. It may help me get the weight up, but it also furthers the injury.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Failed on the vid this morning; the phone charge let me choose music or vid, so I chose music.

Agile 8, mash, roll, treadmill, back raises

SUMO DL
295x5
340x5
385x7 <<<<<<< feels GOOOD. I think I could've pulled 10, but again my adductors we're getting pretty fatigued.

I'm happy as hell with this session; I set my max apprehensively @ 500, so this was a victory for my psyche today.

FRONT SQUAT
135x8
185x8
225x5x3

Why is this comparable to my back squat?

DB WALKING LUNGES
+40x20x2

BW PULL UP
BWx5x4
X4x2

FACE PULLS
3 sets 15

REAR DELT DESTROYERS
**** you

12' HIIT

Out.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good work man. So is sumo staying?

Your squats will catch up. Makes me think though: Are you in an optimal stance/bar position? I'd hate to give you more crap to think about. Just thinking about you comparing front:back strength.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good work man. So is sumo staying?

Your squats will catch up. Makes me think though: Are you in an optimal stance/bar position? I'd hate to give you more crap to think about. Just thinking about you comparing front:back strength.
Yeah ME sumos are much easier on the ol lumbar region for me. Convos will stay as an accessory.

Good question about squats. I've never learned how, I just throw weight on and give it hell. I'll try and get more angles and squat vids for everyone to critique, hopefully I can optimize my leverages...I'm a short legged dude so most of my issues come from torso collapse.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Really nice DL work, man. And good session. Particularly impressive given shoulder challenges. Doesn't look like it's going to take you too long to get back to where you wanna be.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Just got done reading all 8 pages
Its good to see u didnt just give up Keep up the mobility and Im sure youll be on top of your game again in no time

Subed

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Really nice DL work, man. And good session. Particularly impressive given shoulder challenges. Doesn't look like it's going to take you too long to get back to where you wanna be.
Thanks! Honestly my shoulder only holds me back when I squat...that's seriously the only lift that aggravates it. Consequently, it hurts on bench day because of squats.

Hell of a day dude. A part of me died when I saw the 20 rep sets of lunges..
Yeah, I don't know why I did that. I wanted to puke.

Just got done reading all 8 pages
Its good to see u didnt just give up Keep up the mobility and Im sure youll be on top of your game again in no time

Subed
Thanks & welcome!

Swanson is a strong, persistent mofo
You had me at hello.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Damn man nice session. Bet that was brutal!

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry all-work has been bat**** crazy this week. I'll recap my SQ & BP sessions real quick.

SQUAT
220x5
255x5
285x8

Felt much better this week; backed my max down to 375 :frusty:, but I've gotta start someplace. I'll likely move on through the first 4 weeks with the 375 max then reevaluate, unless anyone has a better suggestion.

BENCH PRESS
205x5
235x5
275x6

Got past the final set this week, so I'll move on with the 355 max through 4 weeks.

I really emphasized core, upper back and quads for assistance this week thus far. I'll have a better session update and vid for DL & OHP this weekend.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Crazy stuff continues to happen at work, which is what threw everything off; left work at around 16:30 on Friday, as usual. Came in at 0630 Monday to find out we had been bought out & fully taken over at 16:59 on Friday.

New company made gigantic, sweeping schedule changes; they'll be better in the long run, but this week has sucked. I won't train the usual M/W/F/S type thing, I'll rotate my training around my schedule. No big deal, really, just different.

Looking forward to getting off work today @ 19:00, crushing some turkey, sleeping til about noon tomorrow and busting out a solid DL session.

Happy Thanksgiving, folks.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nice benching, Swanson Hungryman (that was a frozen food line, for hungry men, years ago, lol).

Have a happy Turkey Day!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice benching, Swanson Hungryman (that was a frozen food line, for hungry men, years ago, lol). Have a happy Turkey Day!
that's better than grizzly bear! (Swanson reminds me of one)

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I want to qualify this session with a litany of excuses, but they're just that. Excuses.

I'm not THRILLED with this session, but I guess it is what it is. I was tired/worn out, and simply didn't bring it.

SUMO DL
315x3
365x3
405x1
225x5x5

I'll stay with this next week. I fully expect to be fresh and kick that stupid 405 in the ass.

FRONT SQUAT
225x3x5
Blah.

SNATCH GRIP DL
225x3x5

Done.

For some ridiculous reason, I forgot I was going to DL today. I thought I was going to OHP, so I went and got a couple tires (one 700 pounder), and conditioned this morning. Flipping that monster son of a bitch tore me up, I took a 2 hour nap, then was surprised when I woke up and looked at my schedule. Dumbass.

Vid.

http://youtu.be/JMC46dAW8NI

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If I thought I was supposed to OHP and then flipped a tire a bunch, I would probably have just OHPed. Lol. Next time, big man.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If I thought I was supposed to OHP and then flipped a tire a bunch, I would probably have just OHPed. Lol. Next time, big man.
Yes, hindsight tells me this should've happened. However, I hate to DL the day before work, since I'm on my feet all freakin day and it's just miserable. So I'll suffer a bad session so I'm not crying for 12 hours on Monday.

My erectors are SHOT.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, hindsight tells me this should've happened. However, I hate to DL the day before work, since I'm on my feet all freakin day and it's just miserable. So I'll suffer a bad session so I'm not crying for 12 hours on Monday.

My erectors are SHOT.
Aargh, that damned hindsight!

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

My erectors are SHOT.
Oh man, I'm with you there. I usually pull on Thursday, that always leaves me with a rough Friday. But I much prefer having a whole weekend to be rested before I hit a lower body day, even if that means Monday is gonna suck.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I want to qualify this session with a litany of excuses, but they're just that. Excuses.

I'm not THRILLED with this session, but I guess it is what it is. I was tired/worn out, and simply didn't bring it.

SUMO DL
315x3
365x3
405x1
225x5x5

I'll stay with this next week. I fully expect to be fresh and kick that stupid 405 in the ass.

FRONT SQUAT
225x3x5
Blah.

SNATCH GRIP DL
225x3x5

Done.

For some ridiculous reason, I forgot I was going to DL today. I thought I was going to OHP, so I went and got a couple tires (one 700 pounder), and conditioned this morning. Flipping that monster son of a bitch tore me up, I took a 2 hour nap, then was surprised when I woke up and looked at my schedule. Dumbass.

Vid.

http://youtu.be/JMC46dAW8NI
I can relate and applaud "dumb but strong." After the tire flipping, no easy feats here. Blame it on the tryptophan and move on, Hungry Man. :)

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright fückers (thanks Sean), today felt like a move in the right direction for regaining strength. I went in fasted, pissed, and got after it.

OHP
115x5
125x5
140x5
And here's where I said to myself "are you fücking kidding me? 140 for my 5's set?".

185x5
225x1 push press.

That's better.

BW DIPS
BWx10/10/8/6

Then I did some pull downs, machine rows and preacher curls (yes, I did curls) in 3 giant sets to failure.

Preacher curl roll-outs & planks.

Done, conditioning later.

http://youtu.be/TIbaGhXWUlA

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hell yeah, big man!

Gentlemen, if you're after a big bench, shoulder strength is key. Just look at our resident 400lb bencher doing his thing here today.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hell yeah, big man!

Gentlemen, if you're after a big bench, shoulder strength is key. Just look at our resident 400lb bencher doing his thing here today.
Lol thanks!

It'll get better...I'll OHP 315 in 2014.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol thanks!

It'll get better...I'll OHP 315 in 2014.
Hey, somebody's gotta move that weight. Misewell be you! I look forward to that.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Wow, I have pretty fair OHP strength, and you just blew my doors off. Very nice. Lookforward to 315, which would make you an absolute monster, who is benching 455+.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Funny that my last post was OHP...

OHP, 3's
165x3
185x3
205x3

http://youtu.be/Gky7YY-4-BU

BW DIPS
FATTYx10/10/10/8

Some rows SS with face pulls. Threw in the rear delt destroyers just for fun.

DL tomorrow, BP Sunday.

Work is a motherfücker. That is all.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Swanson52 Supplement Logs 201