Meadows Row
    90x12x3

Incline DB Press
    65x10x3

Inverted Rows/Pullaparts (monster mini)
    BWx10x3/10x3

Rope Pressdowns
    70x12x2

Outside of OHP, I dropped the weight and focused on TUT. The EQ is making for some painful pumps and muscle contractions even on the warm up and feel sets. There was some slight discomfort in the AC during the day, but nothing significant.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

2. You've motivated me to do some real overhead work and not my baby weight. Thank you.

Good lookin work

Is EQ, test?
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    You've motivated me to do some real overhead work and not my baby weight. Thank you. Good lookin work Is EQ, test?
    No, it's a different anabolic altogether. I am concurrently using it with test, though.

Oh, I should mention that I'm in full mass-gain mode. The goal is 240 and then trim up to ~230.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

4. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    No, it's a different anabolic altogether. I am concurrently using it with test, though. Oh, I should mention that I'm in full mass-gain mode. The goal is 240 and then trim up to ~230.
    Awesome dude. Following IF or the stuff your face doctrine?
    [email protected]

5. Stuff my face. I really didn't stop following IF until this week. Too much hunger from the EQ to ignore in the mornings.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

6. smoker145

I have stumbled a crossed knowledge.

7. 12/27

Incline BP
    185x5
    205x5
    225x2

HS Row
    170x10x4

Rolling DB Ex/Seated DB Curls
    40x10x3/40x8x3

Band Facepulls/Pressdowns (light)
    15x3/15x3

The bug bites again for me. On my last set of incline, I strained something in my left anterior delt. I was tight and stable during the set and I was about to hit a PR. There's not much inflammation in the are this morning so I'm optimistic it'll be a minor problem.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

8. Sub'd I love powerlifting
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

9. 12/30

Box Squat (low bar)
    185x3x2
    205x3x2
    225x1

GM
    135x8x3

DB Bulgarian SS
    BW+20x10x3

Band Pallof Press (light)
    8x3

Checked off 225 on the road back to squatting and I'm definitely ahead of schedule. I'm having to rebuild my muscular endurance in my hips and QL as I felt both fatiguing during the box squats and GM.

It's slightly cart before the horse, but I'm most likely going to implement a Cube and 5/3/1 hybrid. I love the volume of within Cube, but wanted something more organized for the fourth day of training. It's more or less Cube rotation and 5/3/1 for OHP.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

10. I'm glad to here that things are looking up again for squats, buddy. How's the shoulder?
    [email protected]

11. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I'm glad to here that things are looking up again for squats, buddy. How's the shoulder?
    Slowly getting better. I attempted the bar on bench last week and it still felt all sorts of bad. The tweak last week is a little tender to pressure, but there's no pain in any position right now.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

12. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Slowly getting better. I attempted the bar on bench last week and it still felt all sorts of bad. The tweak last week is a little tender to pressure, but there's no pain in any position right now.
    Eh. Eventually. At least the squat bar doesn't bug it.
    [email protected]

13. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Eh. Eventually. At least the squat bar doesn't bug it.
    That's why I'm not too worried. If it was really bad, I wouldn't be squatting.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

14. smoker145

Where is the pain? I know you said left anterior. I had something bugging me like that not too long ago. It only seemed up hurt when the bar was lowered to my chest

I think it was more rhomboid

15. Quote Originally Posted by smoker145 View Post
    Where is the pain? I know you said left anterior. I had something bugging me like that not too long ago. It only seemed up hurt when the bar was lowered to my chest I think it was more rhomboid
    It's in the area where the pec attaches, but it's the anterior delt. I had a minor strain of the pec in that area last year, but it took me maybe 10 days before I was back at it.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

16. smoker145

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    It's in the area where the pec attaches, but it's the anterior delt. I had a minor strain of the pec in that area last year, but it took me maybe 10 days before I was back at it.
    Oh ok.
    Does it bother rowing? Or have you not tested that yet. And that's good it doesn't affect you squatting

17. Quote Originally Posted by smoker145 View Post
    Oh ok. Does it bother rowing? Or have you not tested that yet. And that's good it doesn't affect you squatting
    I rowed immediately afterwards without pain.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

18. 1/1

OHP
    135x5
    150x8
    135x10

Meadows Row (weight added)
    90x12
    115x10x3

Incline DB Press
    70x12x2
    70x9

Neutral HS Row
    145x10x2

BB Curls/Side Laterals
    85x10x3/25x10x3

Overhead Rope Ex
    60x15x2
    60x12

I've started my OHP 5/3/1 since it'll give me some more structure than just freestyling it, which I've had to do for awhile now. I was hoping to get 10 on my working set, but ran out of gas at 8. No big deal as I still hit well over the prescribed reps for the day. Other than that, I've changed the rep schemes on the assistance to more TUT for extra hypertrophy especially in the chest and lats.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

19. I'm with you on the chest/lat hypertrophy train. Your shirt is going to be awfully tight.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

20. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    I'm with you on the chest/lat hypertrophy train. Your shirt is going to be awfully tight.
    It's the arms of the Ace shirt that are the tightest area, but that's months away right now. I've been 235 and it was tight, but nothing unbearable.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

21. 1/2

Conventional Deads
    225x3x7

Uni Leg Press (weight added)
    270x15x4

Rounding Hypers/DB Side Bends
    BWx15x2/70x10x2
    BWx15/80x10

Uni DB Shrugs
    80x10x3

On the road back to recovery. For those that are curious, the rounding hypers are something that I came up with a couple of years back. They're done on a back raise with a neutral spine, chin tucked, and curl your torso. I've found that, for me at least, these really help to hit the QL and I didn't have any back issues at the time. I did the DB shrugs one arm at a time for additional anti-lateral flexion while I hit some upper back.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

22. Bleh, conventional. And good idea on the hypers and uni-shrugs. Gonna give it a whirl.
    [email protected]

23. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Bleh, conventional. And good idea on the hypers and uni-shrugs. Gonna give it a whirl.
    I've been playing around with the idea of only using conventional for ME work and sumo for DE work. I figure it'll save my hips, build a weak point, and still allow me to get some sumo work in throughout the month.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

24. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I've been playing around with the idea of only using conventional for ME work and sumo for DE work. I figure it'll save my hips, build a weak point, and still allow me to get some sumo work in throughout the month.
    Good stuff. I like that idea of ME Convo. You can always take advantage of blocks, too.
    [email protected]
  25. smoker145

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Bleh, conventional. And good idea on the hypers and uni-shrugs. Gonna give it a whirl.

Men live and die by conventional

26. Good plan, my thoughts exactly on getting stronger on my "wrong" deadlift.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

27. That must be why my pulls suck, because I don't sumo.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

28. Conventional builds sumo, but sumo doesn't build conventional. I will be a sumo puller unless there's a reason that I can no longer do it as I am built to pull that way.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

29. Agreed. You and Sean both are slanted that way hard, along with a few other guys... I was really just joking around. Sumo would have some carry over to squat though I'd think. Can't really say as I don't do it or understand the mechanics as well past a basic level.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

30. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    Agreed. You and Sean both are slanted that way hard, along with a few other guys... I was really just joking around. Sumo would have some carry over to squat though I'd think. Can't really say as I don't do it or understand the mechanics as well past a basic level.
    Not that much due to the lack of eccentric contraction.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. journey to an elite total
    By badwolf42 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-05-2013, 10:42 AM
  2. My Journey to APA Elite - Raw (BPS, Wendler)
    By Irish Cannon in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-12-2012, 06:18 PM
  3. My journey to elite total.
    By wannabeatank in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-10-2011, 11:25 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-04-2009, 03:03 PM
  5. Coreys road to elite
    By Corey165 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 56