Journey to Elite

Page 16 of 69 First ... 1415161718 ... Last

  1. 8/8

    Incline BP
    185x6
    185x3x8
    30 reps

    T-Bar/Pullaparts (mini)
    135x3x15/3x20

    Band Fly (doubled monster mini)
    3x20

    Cambered Curls/Rolling DB Ex
    95x3x10/35x3x10

    Side/Rear Laterals
    20x2x20/20x2x20

    I was more stable on incline than I expected and felt solid while doing it. Got in some good work on the accessories and shoulder is feeling solid.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys



  2. 8/10

    Front Squat (Oly shoes)
    225x8
    245x7 PR
    245x6
    245x5
    26 reps

    Uni LP
    270x15
    360x2x10

    DB Shrugs/Standing Cable Crunches
    90x2x15/120x2x15

    Hypers
    BW+45x2x15

    So far, so good on front squats. I'd like to hit 315 on them in the next quarter. I'm fairly certain I have the leg strength for it, but holding is the concern.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    8/10 Front Squat (Oly shoes) 225x8 245x7 PR 245x6 245x5 26 reps Uni LP 270x15 360x2x10 DB Shrugs/Standing Cable Crunches 90x2x15/120x2x15 Hypers BW+45x2x15 So far, so good on front squats. I'd like to hit 315 on them in the next quarter. I'm fairly certain I have the leg strength for it, but holding is the concern.
    Good fronts! Same thing here, never felt like leg strength was stopping me on fronts just lack the spinal rigidity needed at heavier loads. Whether that's a core or upper back or technical issue, idk.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by liftandswim View Post
    Good fronts! Same thing here, never felt like leg strength was stopping me on fronts just lack the spinal rigidity needed at heavier loads. Whether that's a core or upper back or technical issue, idk.
    The shoes have made a big difference. I'm sure being ~30# heavier than the last time I devoted serious time to them is helping as well.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  5. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    The shoes have made a big difference. I'm sure being ~30# heavier than the last time I devoted serious time to them is helping as well.
    They're awesome on the ol hips
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    They're awesome on the ol hips
    This is very true. My hips have been feeling great lately.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  7. Did you pull your snatch grips in them the other day? I like it for some reason.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Did you pull your snatch grips in them the other day? I like it for some reason.
    I didn't, but it's on the list for this week.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  9. I wish fancy squat shoes didn't cost a fortune just to find out if you like em...any who, very nice front squat session there. Looks like you are finding a raw groove pretty quickly.
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

  10. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    I wish fancy squat shoes didn't cost a fortune just to find out if you like em...any who, very nice front squat session there. Looks like you are finding a raw groove pretty quickly.
    I got pretty lucky with the bday gift this year. It's still a little early, but they already seem like a fantastic investment.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  11. 8/12

    OHP (Oly shoes)
    145x10
    155x8
    155x9
    27 reps

    Pull-ups (neutral)/Facepulls (light)
    BWx8/20
    BWx7/20
    BWx6/20

    HS Flat Press
    80x2x12
    80x10

    JM Press/BB Curls
    95x3x10/95x3x10

    Side Laterals
    30x2x15
    35x15

    Ramping up the volume for delts these next several weeks. I'm ready to get to the heavy OHP now that I'm getting a groove with the shoes and altered stance. After watching the vid that Lou posted about JM presses, I decided to throw them in and the technique is very different from how I was doing them.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  12. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    8/12 OHP (Oly shoes) 145x10 155x8 155x9 27 reps Pull-ups (neutral)/Facepulls (light) BWx8/20 BWx7/20 BWx6/20 HS Flat Press 80x2x12 80x10 JM Press/BB Curls 95x3x10/95x3x10 Side Laterals 30x2x15 35x15 Ramping up the volume for delts these next several weeks. I'm ready to get to the heavy OHP now that I'm getting a groove with the shoes and altered stance. After watching the vid that Lou posted about JM presses, I decided to throw them in and the technique is very different from how I was doing them.
    You seem to be getting stronger and stronger on the OHP. Solid work

  13. Quote Originally Posted by liftandswim View Post
    You seem to be getting stronger and stronger on the OHP. Solid work
    Thanks. My OHP has really been the only major upper body lift that I've been able to train consistently this year and it's paying dividends. I'd like to get 225 soon.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  14. 8/13

    Conventional Deficit Pulls (1/2")
    315x5x5

    Front Squat (Oly shoes)
    225x2x10 PR

    Snatch Grip SLDL (Oly shoes)
    225x10
    275x10

    Standing Band Crunches (average)
    2x20

    Almost halfway through the accumulation phase and it's going better than expected. I've made major progress on front squats and everything is feeling stable.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  15. Nice work, man. Good to see you're liking the oly shoes. They helped my front squats considerably.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    Nice work, man. Good to see you're liking the oly shoes. They helped my front squats considerably.
    It's night and day on front squats with Oly shoes.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  17. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    It's night and day on front squats with Oly shoes.
    Stop making me want to buy stuff rodja.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    It's night and day on front squats with Oly shoes.
    Hmm good to hear. Can't wait to try mine out
    Justin
    Instagram: legsthesizeofkegs

  19. Quote Originally Posted by joh408 View Post
    Hmm good to hear. Can't wait to try mine out
    What kind did you get?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  20. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    What kind did you get?
    Romaleos 2. Champs was running a deal on em so they were like $145 shipped. Nikes seen to fit my feet better than Adidas so I figured id give them a shot
    Justin
    Instagram: legsthesizeofkegs

  21. Quote Originally Posted by joh408 View Post
    Romaleos 2. Champs was running a deal on em so they were like $145 shipped. Nikes seen to fit my feet better than Adidas so I figured id give them a shot
    I've never had great luck with Nike footwear and Adidas have been my go-to brand for shoes. It's a big crap shoot with Oly shoes since they're so expensive to try out and a hassle with sizing.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

  22. Journey to Elite


    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I've never had great luck with Nike footwear and Adidas have been my go-to brand for shoes. It's a big crap shoot with Oly shoes since they're so expensive to try out and a hassle with sizing.
    Wish there was a store to try them on. I'll probably keep the tags on if I can and get a couple sessions in with them before I decide whether to keep them or not
    Justin
    Instagram: legsthesizeofkegs

  23. Quote Originally Posted by joh408 View Post
    Wish there was a store to try them on. I'll probably keep the tags on if I can and get a couple sessions in with them before I decide whether to keep them or not
    That's exactly what I did. After my second session in them, I knew I was keeping them and ripped off the tag.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  24. I missed it, which did you end up with? I've really grown to love mine just for the sheet stability and connection to the floor.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

  25. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    I missed it, which did you end up with? I've really grown to love mine just for the sheet stability and connection to the floor.
    AdiPowers
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  26. Nice. I almost went for those but ended up getting the PL 2.0s as a gift and I am very happy with them. They make a good shoe for sure.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

  27. 8/15

    CG Bench (1B)
    225x8
    275x2x5
    245x8

    Cable Rows/Facepulls
    200x12/60x15
    220x2x10/70x2x15

    HS Flat Press
    80x2x15
    80x12

    DB Curls/Rope Pressdowns
    40x2x12/70x2x12

    Side Laterals/Pullaparts (mini)
    30x2x15/2x15

    Not the best session today for whatever reason. I didn't have any pop and went more for TUT on the assistance lifts. Breaking up this scar tissue and calcium in my upper back has been a long, arduous process, but it feels close to being done. After that, I'll have to address the inevitable pec and serratus shortening, but that's so much easier to fix.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  28. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    8/15 CG Bench (1B) 225x8 275x2x5 245x8 Cable Rows/Facepulls 200x12/60x15 220x2x10/70x2x15 HS Flat Press 80x2x15 80x12 DB Curls/Rope Pressdowns 40x2x12/70x2x12 Side Laterals/Pullaparts (mini) 30x2x15/2x15 Not the best session today for whatever reason. I didn't have any pop and went more for TUT on the assistance lifts. Breaking up this scar tissue and calcium in my upper back has been a long, arduous process, but it feels close to being done. After that, I'll have to address the inevitable pec and serratus shortening, but that's so much easier to fix.
    I feel you, man. I'm at a point where I need daily mashing. What is your "go to" mobility tool/exercise for upper back?

  29. Quote Originally Posted by throneof View Post
    I feel you, man. I'm at a point where I need daily mashing. What is your "go to" mobility tool/exercise for upper back?
    PVC pipe and a LX ball. I mash it out 2-3x/day and then stretch the hell out of the lats and mid traps.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  30. 8/17

    Squat (Oly shoes)
    285x8
    335x5
    Add Wraps
    375x2x3
    425x2



    Hack Squats
    225x10
    315x2x8

    GM
    135x2x15

    Pallof Press (light)
    3x12

    I'm still relearning the cadence of raw squatting down and it's limiting my speed out of the hole, but I'm getting back my strength faster than I expected. 425 as a goal has been tossed out the window and I'm going to bump it up to 505 by the end of the Fall.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. journey to an elite total
    By badwolf42 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-05-2013, 10:42 AM
  2. My Journey to APA Elite - Raw (BPS, Wendler)
    By Irish Cannon in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-12-2012, 06:18 PM
  3. My journey to elite total.
    By wannabeatank in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-10-2011, 11:25 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-04-2009, 03:03 PM
  5. Coreys road to elite
    By Corey165 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 08-14-2007, 02:51 AM
Log in
Log in