Journey to Elite

Page 16 of 92 First ... 1415161718 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

Openers are 633/424/578. Hoping for 705/467/616.
    Nice!
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

2. You're doing the same meet as last year?
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    You're doing the same meet as last year?
    Yep, but different venue than last time. It won't be a sauna up in there again.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

4. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

Yep, but different venue than last time. It won't be a sauna up in there again.
    Where and when? I might see if I can't make it out there.

5. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Where and when? I might see if I can't make it out there.
    August 2. I think it's the Marriott by Hobby Airport.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

6. Question for those still following (and get some others to chime in as well if possible):

I've been thinking more and more about getting a pair of Oly shoes for squats after this meet. I've literally used them twice in my life and once was while I was hungover, so my experience is very limited. Which ones would you recommend and why? Also, add how they're sized.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

7. I like my VS Athletic's. The fabric just isn't super durable but I stitched it up myself.

I didn't feel much of a floor connection in terms of transferring torque with the Nike's. Maybe because I'm flat footed and didn't contour well.

I know two guys that love the Rogue Do-wins. One's a 600+ squatter and has had them years.

I've tried on someone's Risto's and they were very comfortable. You can call the guy that makes them and he will size you perfectly. Plus it had a sick wood heel.

IMO, they're all sized like normal shoes.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I like my VS Athletic's. The fabric just isn't super durable but I stitched it up myself. I didn't feel much of a floor connection in terms of transferring torque with the Nike's. Maybe because I'm flat footed and didn't contour well. I know two guys that love the Rogue Do-wins. One's a 600+ squatter and has had them years. I've tried on someone's Risto's and they were very comfortable. You can call the guy that makes them and he will size you perfectly. Plus it had a sick wood heel. IMO, they're all sized like normal shoes.
    I'm flat-footed as well so that helps immensely.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

9. 7/18

Bench (56 Ace shirt)
    405x2
    435x2 (2-board on 1st rep, 1-board on 2nd rep)
    455x1 (1-board, but couldn't touch)
    455 FAIL
    Switched to my 54 shirt
    455x1 (1-board)

Meadows Row
    90x15x3

Rolling DB Ex/BB Curls
    35x10x2/85x10x2

Facepulls
    70x15x2

Today sucked..just flat out sucked. The final set was slow as molasses and I could barely lock it out. My shirt is too snug and the other shirt is too big. I can literally slide right in and out of the sleeves and if I jack the chest and sleeves to where it's finally tight, I couldn't even touch a 1-board. This training cycle has been ****. There's no other way to put it.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

10. 7/20

Squat
    Worked up to opener (~633) and did it for two singles

Walking DB Lunges
    40x20x2

Standing Cable Crunches/DB Shrugs 120x15x2/90x15x2

Unilateral Hypers BWx15x2

I felt pretty good on this day. The plan was to do my opener once, but there was a communication error on calling my depth and I did it again. All my assistance work was light and easy with the intention of bloodflow to the areas. I'll upload the vid later.

Also, I was treated to a nice pair of AdiPower shoes courtesy of my grandma. I'll be implementing these after the meet during my extended raw phase.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

11. Nice work man. I'm interested to see how you will like the adipowers

Also, I hope the lunges 40x20x20 is a typo. I would die doing 20 reps 20 times.

12. Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    Nice work man. I'm interested to see how you will like the adipowers Also, I hope the lunges 40x20x20 is a typo. I would die doing 20 reps 20 times.
    Rodja is a sick **** if it was 20 sets.
    [email protected]

13. That would be a typo. 20x20 on walking DB lunges would have me in the hospital.

I'm excited to actually give Oly shoes a real shot. I can't exclusively squat and pull with a wide stance while raw or my hips will be shot within a month. I'll still throw the box with a wide stance into the rotation, but I want to really work on my Oly-style squats.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

14. In for more AdiPower love. What color did you grab?
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

15. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    In for more AdiPower love. What color did you grab?
    Black and red.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

16. 7/22

OHP
    165x3x5

HS Unilateral Row (neutral grip)
    180x3x10

Tate Press/Cambered Curls
    35x2x15/85x2x15

Facepulls/Side Laterals
    70x2x15/30x2x15

I needed to get back to doing some heavier OHP so I don't completely lose the feeling of heavier weights. Each set was nowhere near failure or a grind and the groove was good. Doing some light lat work prior to OHP has really helped to boost my numbers here.

However, on a down note: I won't be able to do the meet primarily do to finances. I didn't factor in the cost of food, gas, and hotel into it (I usually stay with my grandma, but she'll be out of town). I'm bummed, but I have much more important things on my plate at the moment than a powerlifting meet. Mark my words, though, I'm by no means going to stop powerlifting.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

17. Well...you should go balls out and max out then.
    [email protected]

18. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Well...you should go balls out and max out then.
    On which day?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

19. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    On which day?
    All of it. **** it.

At least hit a 7 bill squat.
    [email protected]

20. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    All of it. **** it.

At least hit a 7 bill squat.
    I'm going to do it soon. I want to take a deload for the next two weeks and then go smash a DL and squat PR.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

21. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I'm going to do it soon. I want to take a deload for the next two weeks and then go smash a DL and squat PR.
    **** yeah buddy.
    [email protected]

22. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

Awesome!

And very solid pressing there
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

23. Need to buy some ammonia caps for this. I like Tork for training, but still prefer the caps.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

24. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Need to buy some ammonia caps for this. I like Tork for training, but still prefer the caps.
    Really? Why caps? Nothing says PR time to me like a fresh bottle of Tork, the feeling like someone shoved a fountain pen up my nose, the tears, all of it.

I like the two week deload. No love for the bench in a couple weeks?
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

25. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    Really? Why caps? Nothing says PR time to me like a fresh bottle of Tork, the feeling like someone shoved a fountain pen up my nose, the tears, all of it. I like the two week deload. No love for the bench in a couple weeks?
    Fresh Tork is almost too much. It's like being over stimmed for a moment. I'll have to see what comes the next few weeks on the shoulder before I say yay or nay on bench.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. journey to an elite total
    By badwolf42 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-05-2013, 11:42 AM
  2. My Journey to APA Elite - Raw (BPS, Wendler)
    By Irish Cannon in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-12-2012, 07:18 PM
  3. My journey to elite total.
    By wannabeatank in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-11-2011, 12:25 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-04-2009, 04:03 PM
  5. Coreys road to elite
    By Corey165 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 56