New journey powerlifting

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Well not the best plan when I have to work day before and day of but I think I'll be fine that weight was with shoes and clothes.

2. good deal. was just a suggestion. I do it usually day before my weighins if i think im gonna have to sweat a lil weight out the next day. just easier to crap than sweat lol. good luck man.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by James Fuller View Post
    good deal. was just a suggestion. I do it usually day before my weighins if i think im gonna have to sweat a lil weight out the next day. just easier to crap than sweat lol. good luck man.
    Thanks brother appreciate it.

4. Late but good job on the first meet man! For some catching up to do.
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

5. Weighed in at 239.5. Operation eat and drink evrything has started
    •   

6. Good cut man!
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

7. Well done!
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

8. Well good day for me overall went 7/7 for a total of 1333.2 meet pr'ed every lift and total.

Of anyone had been reading this before ham my main goal is a worlds meet in Vegas in November . So going in to this one I really just wanted to try and do the minimum better from my last meet and keep it positive so really did not want to miss any lifts so this is how it went.

Squat opened with 429.7 really easy so jumped to 468.2 got more in me but 6 pounds better than last meet so passed on 3rd wanted to stay with game plan no misses.

Bench opened with 336 fairly easy so jumped to 358 which was about 6 pounds better than last meet. So passed on 3rd sticking to game plan.

Deadlift opened with 457.2 easy pull so jumped to 479.5 also fairly easy and same 6 pounds better. Ok so finally I said screw gameplay thought I got screwed on last lift at last meet so took a third at 507 and nailed it.

Like I said 7/7 and 21 white lights I was happy with it now two months of training or a competition and fun weekend in Vegas.

Squat
    http://youtu.be/c0uupdejFck
    http://youtu.be/i8XWkt0Z3JM

Bench
    http://youtu.be/OmxMdYl7pjg
    http://youtu.be/WV-V_dqmQp8

Filmed left no dead video

9. Nice man. I agree, you did have more in you. Solid discipline.
    Training Log

10. Good job man!
    [email protected]

11. Well we got the meet behind us and now less than two months till the next.

Bench max
    Bar x lots
    135 x warm up
    225 x 5
    275 x 3
    295 x 2
    315 x 1
    335 x 1
    345 x 1

Close grip bench press
    225 x rest pause 12, 5, 3

Seated shoulder press
    135 x rest pause 15, 12, 9

Pull ups 3 sets of 5

Don't know why I take a couple days off after meet and always feel like I've lost something. Oh we'll nothing can get me down from going to Vegas.

12. Squat
    Bar x warm ups
    135 x 10
    335 7 sets of 2
    365 1 set of 2
    Romanian deadlift
    225 x 12, 12
    Wide stance leg press
    8 plates x 12, 10
    Ab work

Nice squat day the thing that always sucks about after a meet is wanting to immediately get in to another. Plus anyone have any suggestions for a mini 5 week plan until the meet.

13. Damnnnn 5 week plan? I dunno bud. I suck at programming. Have openers in mind yet?
    [email protected]

14. Openers not quite yet gonna go for minimum pr on 2nd lift and then judge third from there I've got more than 5 weeks but I have two left in current cycle so finish that out then not sure.

15. Overhead

Push press
    Bar x warm ups
    135 x 5
    185 x 2
    195 x 2
    205 x 2
    215 x 2
    225 x 2

Db houser press
    60 x rest pause
    18, 12, 4

Dips
    Body weight x rest pause
    15, 8, 8

Incline t bar rows
    2 x 12

Overhead day was ok felt week on push press my overhead sucks. Take a couple off hit it hard next week.

16. If I were you I would drop the seated shoulder presses and replace them with standing overheads and make sure you finish over your head like an Olympic lift. Looking at the dates of your posts you did seated shoulder two days before push presses. This is counterproductive to your bench imo. I would work on stricts or pushes for a while and rotate. I think the stricts have much more carry over to shoulder health and raw benching though.

17. Quote Originally Posted by Joe_P View Post
    If I were you I would drop the seated shoulder presses and replace them with standing overheads and make sure you finish over your head like an Olympic lift. Looking at the dates of your posts you did seated shoulder two days before push presses. This is counterproductive to your bench imo. I would work on stricts or pushes for a while and rotate. I think the stricts have much more carry over to shoulder health and raw benching though.
    I would basically agree with you. But this template was wrote by Corey Hayes so I am following it as written for this cycle. Appreciate the advice I know somewhere around nothing when it comes to powerlifting cycles so I'll take any advice. Thx

18. Deadlift
    135 x warm ups
    225 x 5
    315 x 3
    365 x 2
    405 x 2
    475 x 1

Squat pause
    275 x 5, 5, 5

Only had time for this felt very weak on deadlift which is awesome for confidence. Think it is mostly feeling like crap and no sleep so trying to turn it around.

19. Bench
    85 x warm up
    135 x 12
    185 x5
    225 x 3
    255 x 3
    285 x 8

Incline
    205 x rest pause
    12, 8, 4

Db press x ret pause
    12, 8, 6

Neutral grip pull ups 6, 6, 6

Bb rows
    225 3x12

Still not feeling the best but still have time to get positive. Only squats to go

20. Another quick one

Squat
    135 x warm up
    225 x 8
    275 x 5
    315 x 3
    365 x 3
    405 x 2

Wide stance leg press

10 plates
    3x8

I know crappy and short but hopefully next week starts back to getting decent workouts in.

21. So done with cube extreme program and still have about 4 weeks will be doing 531 powerliftig for rest.

Mil press
    75 x 5
    95 x 5
    110 x 3
    130 x 3
    150 x 3
    165 x 3

Standing db shld press
    60 3 x 10

Bb curls
    95 5 x 10

Db tri set (rear delt, laterals, front raise)
    30 3 x 10

Man I suck at mil press. And first time doing standing shld press way hard also. Ok now my whining is done I completed the cube extreme and I think I will be going back to 531 powerlifting though I love some of the accessory work ideas so will be working them in.

22. Deadlift day

185 x 5
    225 x 5
    275 x 3
    315 x 3
    365 x 3
    405 x 3
    435 x 3

Good mornings 3 x 10
    Bb rows 3 x 10
    Superset w leg curls 3 x 10

Only superset case running out of time. Only a couple days in but I am enjoying 531. About 4 weeks out an have this stupid cold / allergy thing that I can't shake. Either way marching on bench tonight.

23. Damnnn hope ya kick that cold out
    [email protected]

24. Get something with psuedoephedrine or ephedrine hcl. I use them a lot in fall/winter. That and nette pots or saline nostril sprays. If my wife gets her prescription clenbuteral breathing treatments I would do that as needed. My sinus blow season switches.
    Training Log

25. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    Get something with psuedoephedrine or ephedrine hcl. I use them a lot in fall/winter. That and nette pots or saline nostril sprays. If my wife gets her prescription clenbuteral breathing treatments I would do that as needed. My sinus blow season switches.
    Thanks brother I need something to help kick it

26. Bench
    All sets superset with latpulls
    135 x 5
    165 x 5
    195 x 3
    235 x 3
    275 x 3
    295 x 3
    315 x 1
    335 x 1

Db bench ss w incline chest supported t bar rows
    5 x 10
    Push down x 100
    Face pulls x 100

Felt weak but due to sickness not surprising. Still liking this format but really need to knock cold out and at least have two feel good or even normal weeks before contest.

27. Squat day

165 x 5
    225 x 5
    255 x 5
    315 x 5
    355 x 3
    405 x 1

Leg curls, leg press, leg extension

Holy **** this stupid sickness I had kept me out of the gym for about 10 days which is awesome because I have me next meet in about 2 weeks. But I did finally get back in and smart me forgot my belt and wraps at the house. So all squaring was done with no belt or wraps really hoping that's why it felt heavy as hell and not the sickness destroying me right before a meet.

28. Bench

135 x 10
    185 x 5
    195 x 5
    245 x 5
    275 x 3
    315 x 1
    335 x 1
    All sets ss with lay pula
    Db chest press ss with incline t bar rows

Wow it is amazing how a week and a half worth of sick an not being in the gym can effect you. Hopefully the next two weeks get me in the swing of things.

29. Quick deadlift day

185 x 5
    225 x 5
    275 x 5
    350 x 5
    405 x 3
    445 x 1
    475 x 1

Inman shrug ss with heavy db shrug

Still feeling like crap less than 2 weeks until meet lets get this going.

30. Get better soon bud
    [email protected]
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. New to powerlifting
    By turtlefrog in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-15-2011, 12:00 AM
  2. new to powerlifting
    By R1balla in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 12:27 PM
  3. New to powerlifting
    By Spectre32 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman