Danb's Mountain Dog and everything else log

Page 2 of 47 First 1234 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Gettin' work done big man...not every day can be a PR fest.
    Thanks bud. Wish I coulda got more cardio in but it was a struggle getting the little bit I did lol may have a just cardio day in the next couple days.

    Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    Solid session man. Nice job getting in the gym after not feeling well.
    Thanks big guy. I tried stretchers again today too... Still don't get it lol
    Quote Originally Posted by LizKing531 View Post
    Good lifts!

    I totally hear ya - I've been hacking, coughing, sneezing, etc for at least 2 weeks now... Hoping it clears up soon - yesterday I was out for the night by 7pm (unless you count waking up on the couch & moving to bed @11pm)
    Haha I got home from work last night and sat on the couch for like a half hour and the longer I sat there the stiffer i got. Could hardly walk to bed lol. Talk About feeling rough
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post
    Thanks big guy. I tried stretchers again today too... Still don't get it lol
    Hmm. Are you using the same pulldown machine every time? I can't get a full stretch without the weight bottoming out on some.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  3. Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post

    Hmm. Are you using the same pulldown machine every time? I can't get a full stretch without the weight bottoming out on some.
    Yeah I dunno what's wrong. I remember ditching them last time because I couldn't get a good stretch on them. I dunno if my arms are too long or if the pull down machine is too short or what lol. I'm gonna check out the video and description again and try to figure it out.
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post

    Yeah I dunno what's wrong. I remember ditching them last time because I couldn't get a good stretch on them. I dunno if my arms are too long or if the pull down machine is too short or what lol. I'm gonna check out the video and description again and try to figure it out.
    Meadows isn't very tall, so I believe it's easier for him to pull off. I have to keep my back foot further away from the machine to get a good stretch. However, with some machines it still doesn't work out right.

    Here's the first time I tried them. I had the weight bottom out a couple of times, but it's not a horrible example.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpI_N_A294Y
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  5. Remember bro, any time you're having a crappy day think "hey, at least my car didn't spontaneously combust!"

  6. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Remember bro, any time you're having a crappy day think "hey, at least my car didn't spontaneously combust!"
    Lol go on...
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post

    Lol go on...
    That's what happened to me at 0330 today.

    Incredibly unfortunate, but at least I got out of my detail (silver lining bro)

  8. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

    That's what happened to me at 0330 today.

    Incredibly unfortunate, but at least I got out of my detail (silver lining bro)
    You lit your car on fire to get out of a detail? I shoulda done that to get out of picking up cigarette butts around cq back in the day..
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream

  9. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

    That's what happened to me at 0330 today.

    Incredibly unfortunate, but at least I got out of my detail (silver lining bro)
    Damn dude! That's nuts. Luckily no one got hurt. Damn buicks
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

  10. Quote Originally Posted by superbeast668 View Post

    You lit your car on fire to get out of a detail? I shoulda done that to get out of picking up cigarette butts around cq back in the day..
    Right? If only I had full coverage and it might have been worth it.

    #poorpeopleproblems

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post

    Damn dude! That's nuts. Luckily no one got hurt. Damn buicks
    Well it did have over 200,000 miles on it.

    I guess it was just it's time to go lol.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

    Well it did have over 200,000 miles on it.

    I guess it was just it's time to go lol.
    Holy **** 200k?! Guess it was its time... Sucks with the bad luck on the fire.
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream

  13. Quote Originally Posted by superbeast668 View Post

    Holy **** 200k?! Guess it was its time... Sucks with the bad luck on the fire.
    Yeah, that car had more cross country trips on that engine than I could count lol.

  14. I would say that you got your money out of it JB. The coverage part blows though.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

  15. my bmw has over 200k on it..just getting broke in

  16. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    my bmw has over 200k on it..just getting broke in
    Next thing you know it'll catch fire outta no where now that you said that lol
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

  17. In for some DicPics! Can someone PM me some cliffs?
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

  18. Quote Originally Posted by cswalczakny View Post
    Can someone PM me some DicPics of Cliff's?


    just..wow
    I don't even know who cliff is

  19. I was looking at the stretchers and think a taller guy might do well to do it with a cable crossover cable which is longer. Then you could put put your foot on a bench or box or something farther away. That or do them from the knees.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/256911-kleen-cuts-back.html

  20. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    I was looking at the stretchers and think a taller guy might do well to do it with a cable crossover cable which is longer. Then you could put put your foot on a bench or box or something farther away. That or do them from the knees.
    I've actually considered this. I was also thinking about trying them seated.
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

  21. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post


    just..wow
    I don't even know who cliff is
    Ahhhhh got me ya fuker. Lol
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post
    I've actually considered this. I was also thinking about trying them seated.
    I've done them seated with a rope attachment for a great contraction
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

  23. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post

    I've done them seated with a rope attachment for a great contraction
    Another good idea! I'll give that a try next week.
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

  24. Went in and hit legs today so I could take the weekend off from the gym. We have plans all day Sunday for Mother's Day and tomorrow's packed as well. Still may sneak in for a cardio session at some point this weekend. Weight is still holding pretty steady at 215 which is surprising to me being in a deficit? I have noticed that since I dropped my fat intake I don't swing on the scale as much. I used to go to bed around 219 and wake up at 215 but now I'm going to bed and waking pretty close to 215.

    Today was the complete opposite of yesterday. I felt like I could stay in the gym for hours haha. I'm trying to stick to the program as close as possible as far as training but leg days on phase 1 just aren't enough for me. I still have a lot of gas in the tank when leg days over. I don't know if I should drop rest periods down or add more exercises. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna at least start adding some calf work in (I seriously lack in this department) and maybe some ATG squats to finish off with.

    Week 1 day 4

    Legs

    Leg curls 90 sec rest
    90-20
    110-20
    130-15
    140-12
    155-10

    SL DL 90 sec rest
    135-8
    135-8
    225-8
    225-8

    Leg press-3 second negative 45 sec rest
    465-10
    485-10
    510-10

    Leg ext-45 sec rest (not part of phase 1 but I added them in any way)
    150-10
    170-8
    180-7

    30 mins treadmill work 430 cals burned
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

  25. Solid session, I got winded just reading about that cardio.
    Purus Labs Rep
    www.puruslabs.net

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Randoja View Post
    Solid session, I got winded just reading about that cardio.
    Thanks bud. It's crazy how much easier cardio is getting. I coulda went a lot longer but 1) I was out of time 2) my compression shorts but the dust and blew out and my nuts were rubbin my thighs and that sh1ts irritating as fuk
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post
    Went in and hit legs today so I could take the weekend off from the gym. We have plans all day Sunday for Mother's Day and tomorrow's packed as well. Still may sneak in for a cardio session at some point this weekend. Weight is still holding pretty steady at 215 which is surprising to me being in a deficit? I have noticed that since I dropped my fat intake I don't swing on the scale as much. I used to go to bed around 219 and wake up at 215 but now I'm going to bed and waking pretty close to 215.

    Today was the complete opposite of yesterday. I felt like I could stay in the gym for hours haha. I'm trying to stick to the program as close as possible as far as training but leg days on phase 1 just aren't enough for me. I still have a lot of gas in the tank when leg days over. I don't know if I should drop rest periods down or add more exercises. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna at least start adding some calf work in (I seriously lack in this department) and maybe some ATG squats to finish off with.

    Week 1 day 4

    Legs

    Leg curls 90 sec rest
    90-20
    110-20
    130-15
    140-12
    155-10

    SL DL 90 sec rest
    135-8
    135-8
    225-8
    225-8

    Leg press-3 second negative 45 sec rest
    465-10
    485-10
    510-10

    Leg ext-45 sec rest (not part of phase 1 but I added them in any way)
    150-10
    170-8
    180-7

    30 mins treadmill work 430 cals burned
    Glad you're feeling better bud. Based on the tnation articles, the volume for phase 1 legs should start with about 11-12 working sets (not including warm-ups). The example workout ends with 3 sets of hack squats, which include pauses, no *******, and a dropset (on the last set). I bet if you added those instead of leg ext. you'd probably be ready to leave the gym lol. If you don't have a hack squat machine, you could try using a smith with your feet out in front of the bar.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  28. Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post

    Glad you're feeling better bud. Based on the tnation articles, the volume for phase 1 legs should start with about 11-12 working sets (not including warm-ups). The example workout ends with 3 sets of hack squats, which include pauses and a dropset (on the last set). I bet if you added those instead of leg ext. you'd probably be ready to leave the gym lol. If you don't have a hack squat machine, you could try using a smith with your feet out in front of the bar.
    Thanks breezy. I thought it felt like I came up a little short on sets. I guess if you include the leg ext's I was right there. I must not have included the hack squats to my notes since we don't have a machine. I remember trying them with a BB and I couldn't figure it out. I'll try the smith machine thing next week. I'll have to check out the articles again (I have them saved on my desktop) to make sure I'm not missing anything else. The smith machine and I don't always like each other so much so if that doesn't work out do you think ATG squats would be too much?
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

  29. Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post

    Thanks breezy. I thought it felt like I came up a little short on sets. I guess if you include the leg ext's I was right there. I must not have included the hack squats to my notes since we don't have a machine. I remember trying them with a BB and I couldn't figure it out. I'll try the smith machine thing next week. I'll have to check out the articles again (I have them saved on my desktop) to make sure I'm not missing anything else. The smith machine and I don't always like each other so much so if that doesn't work out do you think ATG squats would be too much?
    No problem man. Yeah, I'd try leaning back into the smith with your feet out in front. If that doesn't work out well, any squats should be fine IMO. You could add pauses and a drop set at the end if you want as well.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  30. Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post

    No problem man. Yeah, I'd try leaning back into the smith with your feet out in front. If that doesn't work out well, any squats should be fine IMO. You could add pauses and a drop set at the end if you want as well.
    Awesome thanks again bud.

    Anyone who has followed my logs before heard me b1tch about this so I'm sorry if this sounds familiar to you guys but I'm searching for a good joint support any ideas? My elbows/wrist/shoulders and more recently hips have been killin me lately and since ill be throwing winny in the mix here in a short while I'm sure it's gonna get 10x worse. Any good suggestions?!?!
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

  31. Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post

    Awesome thanks again bud.

    Anyone who has followed my logs before heard me b1tch about this so I'm sorry if this sounds familiar to you guys but I'm searching for a good joint support any ideas? My elbows/wrist/shoulders and more recently hips have been killin me lately and since ill be throwing winny in the mix here in a short while I'm sure it's gonna get 10x worse. Any good suggestions?!?!
    I really like formutech flexible and a bunch of fish oil
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

  32. Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post

    Awesome thanks again bud.

    Anyone who has followed my logs before heard me b1tch about this so I'm sorry if this sounds familiar to you guys but I'm searching for a good joint support any ideas? My elbows/wrist/shoulders and more recently hips have been killin me lately and since ill be throwing winny in the mix here in a short while I'm sure it's gonna get 10x worse. Any good suggestions?!?!
    Is deca off the table? I swear by app nut's joint pills.
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream

  33. Nice leg day big dog!!

    Quote Originally Posted by superbeast668 View Post

    Is deca off the table? I swear by app nut's joint pills.
    NPP for the win!
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience

  34. Quote Originally Posted by cswalczakny View Post

    I really like formutech flexible and a bunch of fish oil
    Thanks swanks ill look into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by superbeast668 View Post

    Is deca off the table? I swear by app nut's joint pills.
    Yeah unfortunately deca isn't in the cards for a while for me. If I do step up to 19'a it'll probably be NPP for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post
    Nice leg day big dog!!

    NPP for the win!
    Thanks bud. Yes NPP ftw. Rub it in fuker
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

  35. Achilles was solid product for me, head & shoulders above anything else I've tried

  36. In for some Danimal Rage!

    Hey bro, you should definitely not sweat your progress. If you feel confident that your dialed in then consistency will prevail. The best analogy I heard/read for fat loss was that it's like striping a roll of paper towels...at first it doesn't seem like anything is happening even after you've pulled several sheets off, but the closer you get to the middle the more of a difference that one sheet makes. Just keep peeling the sheets, bro...and remember that you ARE sexy, and you KNOW it! WORKOUT!
    Where it all started

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/35-older/217572-one-can-never.html

  37. Quote Originally Posted by 1ifeblood View Post
    In for some Danimal Rage!

    Hey bro, you should definitely not sweat your progress. If you feel confident that your dialed in then consistency will prevail. The best analogy I heard/read for fat loss was that it's like striping a roll of paper towels...at first it doesn't seem like anything is happening even after you've pulled several sheets off, but the closer you get to the middle the more of a difference that one sheet makes. Just keep peeling the sheets, bro...and remember that you ARE sexy, and you KNOW it! WORKOUT!
    That's probably the greatest analogy I've ever heard pertaining to fat loss
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream

  38. Quote Originally Posted by superbeast668 View Post

    That's probably the greatest analogy I've ever heard pertaining to fat loss
    I thought the same thing when I heard it.
    Where it all started

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/35-older/217572-one-can-never.html

  39. Quote Originally Posted by 1ifeblood View Post
    In for some Danimal Rage!

    Hey bro, you should definitely not sweat your progress. If you feel confident that your dialed in then consistency will prevail. The best analogy I heard/read for fat loss was that it's like striping a roll of paper towels...at first it doesn't seem like anything is happening even after you've pulled several sheets off, but the closer you get to the middle the more of a difference that one sheet makes. Just keep peeling the sheets, bro...and remember that you ARE sexy, and you KNOW it! WORKOUT!
    Wow that actually does make a lot of sense. Never thought about it like that. Thanks for the kind words and thanks for following glad to have ya bud.
    Quote Originally Posted by superbeast668 View Post

    That's probably the greatest analogy I've ever heard pertaining to fat loss
    Agreed!
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

  40. Lol had to check for quote edit when he called you sexy. But hey I'm inclined to agree.
    Purus Labs Rep
    www.puruslabs.net
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Dewey99's SNS X-GELS and everything else log
    By Dewey99 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 08-15-2012, 06:46 PM
  2. Replies: 54
    Last Post: 05-07-2012, 05:52 PM
  3. Replies: 53
    Last Post: 10-24-2011, 04:29 PM
  4. Replies: 65
    Last Post: 10-25-2010, 03:10 PM
  5. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-28-2008, 07:56 PM
Log in
Log in