With a rep range of 6-12 reps

supermanjow

supermanjow

Awards
  • Established
I'd say it's a decent general average, but certainly not set in stone.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not limiting training to a specific range of reps. I have sets that vary from 1-20.

dmiller707

dmiller707

Awards
Little more a little less depending on how you feel ?

grandroid828

Awards
I think if you were to add all that up, and figure the percentages of total sets conbined per week, per body group, it would be more accurate. Like saying legs should be 20-26 percent of your total number of sets that week. Works better than a given number of sets. Because depending on your rep range, number of sets changes drastically. And its a good baseline for the dbags that do 30+ sets of chest and bis a week but only 3 sets of squats and no deads. Lol.

dmiller707

dmiller707

Awards
Right in guys ill keep tho stuff in mind .... Just got a gym membership currently doing 5/3/1 , but I feel like I'm not doing enough with the templates ..... Is there a program out there you guys think I'd better ?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I think if you were to add all that up, and figure the percentages of total sets conbined per week, per body group, it would be more accurate. Like saying legs should be 20-26 percent of your total number of sets that week. Works better than a given number of sets. Because depending on your rep range, number of sets changes drastically. And its a good baseline for the dbags that do 30+ sets of chest and bis a week but only 3 sets of squats and no deads. Lol.
You mean 3 sets of deads & no squats... Haha

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Right in guys ill keep tho stuff in mind .... Just got a gym membership currently doing 5/3/1 , but I feel like I'm not doing enough with the templates ..... Is there a program out there you guys think I'd better ?
What assistance template are you using?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm using the periodization Template ..... Just don't feel like I did enough after .
Then you're not working hard enough in each set. Each set should take 100% focus and effort and there should not be an "easy" set in there.

dmiller707

dmiller707

Awards
Would it be okay to add some curls to the accesories and calf raises Etc that aren't included in the templates ?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Would it be okay to add some curls to the accesories and calf raises Etc that aren't included in the templates ?
It's fine, but don't make them the focus of the day. Biceps and calves are relatively unimportant when it comes to strength.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm currently doing the periodization template as well and I've only done 4 sets of curls total in the last 7 weeks and my biceps have still put on size (not an astronomical amount but they've grown). I thought that I wast doing enough at first either but once you up the weights or up the reps, I'm pretty cashed out by the end of the session. Keep it up bud.