The Phoenix/Dark Knight/Countrylifter Rises

Page 5 of 8 First ... 34567 ... Last

  1. Lookin at some heavy squats today. Then try to get back to chest - back - legs -optional rest split I was doing. So I will so chest tomorrow. Back Wednesday. Etc. weekend of rest made me feel pretty good... Now lets translate that to the gym. T minus 2 hours 40mins and counting.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023


  2. Great leg day. Went in feeling tired, 11 am workout so all I had was a glass of milk and yogurt/granola/cottage cheese in me from breakfast. Weight felt super heavy especially on my back but I pulled some good numbers today.

    Body weight 177.8 (sweats and shoes) I always weight in shoes and shorts and shirt... Just to keep it normal. makes me think I am bigger. Plus I can't strip down in the gym.

    Squat - 135x7, 225x1, 315x1, 365x1, 385x1, 225x24

    Goodmorning - 135x7, 95x7

    Leg Press - 310x5, 410x5,6,5,5,5

    3 minute walk

    Stretch.

    I was literally holding down my stomach, I wanted to puke. High volume squat set followed by the heavy weight leg presses were just brutal. I literally had to sit down twice because I couldn't see, I wasn't getting enough blood to my head, and would get dizzy. That's the intensity it takes to grow.

    Lunch was protein shake, coconut chicken, a hot dog no bun, and rice. Gona eat some tuna in a bit, I couldn't hold down any more food after that workout.

    Form broke a little on the 385, I was happy I got it though for feeling so crappy going into the workout. It was a good rep though. That 225 amazed me.

    I don't go past 90* at the knee in my heavy squats, because personally I don't think that it's safe or healthy or functional on a max rep. Once past that level on your knee it doesn't even hit or affect your muscles the same. And you never go that deep in a real life functional movement. There are a lot of bodybuilders who have lost both knees doing squats too heavy and too deep. I feel that right angle training is completely sufficient. I think I would have liked to go a little deep on that max, but as I can't really tell the perfect angle I am squating at I took my best guess.

    I feel like the weight was no longer centered once I got to that depth and my knee was tightening and my tibia/fibula and hams were coming together a bit. My heels wanted to lift up and the weight was shifting into my toes, which is kind of transferring weight to the gastrocnemius (calve) as well as more to the lower back, not the quads/glutes and basically defeating the purpose of the lift. I am not professional (yet) on this, but I felt good at that depth. I have been reading up on some studies that show that anything from 0-100 degrees on the knee is healthy as long as the knee is healthy. The sheer forces on the bones and the forces on the ACL and patella tendon increase with angle. Muscle activity is shown throughout the range, and 0-50 degrees is suggest for rehab patients. So I feel like 90 degrees is a fair goal for safe yet efficient squats.

    I definitely go deeper than the guys who only squat down to the bench and then pause on it then go up. lol. I hate that, and don't let any of the guys I lift with do it.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7co0jKJEn3o
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE9cIlYBp_0
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023
    •   
       


  3. Lol i think i got mod negged?

  4. So the Ghenerate, in addition to its "pulsing" GH effect, is supposed to help sleep. I definitely get this, nights I remember to take it, I sleep like a baby, and wake up rested after a good 7 or 8 hours. It feels great. Overall I think my appetite is up, and I definitely feel like my strength and aggression are up. My mindset is definitely in the right place which helps. So far I am happy that I decided to run this. It's gona be a good run. I mean I have already broken a DL and Bench PR, and set a legit squat max to work from.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023
    •   
       


  5. Quote Originally Posted by B3ast View Post
    Lol i think i got mod negged?
    Say what?
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

  6. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    Say what?
    I got negged by a rep

  7. Quote Originally Posted by B3ast View Post
    I got negged by a rep
    What for? lol.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

  8. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    What for? lol.
    Not agreeing with him about a supplement and he thought i was not listening to him lol

  9. Soo much info. I'm reading along with you bro.


    I will say one thing. I've had numerous guys that complain about knee pain from/while squatting above/at parallel. When I teach them (and with some stretch work in the hips) atg they are completely relieved of knee pain. . I have always squatted below parallel and never once had knee pain. I read once (and need to do more reading on this) that when you go parallel or above, the transition of weight is placed under the knee. I have concluded that knee pain is attributed to poor squat form and distribution of weight. Most knee injuries are from the weight shifting forward to the toes. When your in the atg "hole" if your weight is not perfectly balanced towards your heels you will fail. This teaches all the right techniques and forces the squatter to learn proper balance and stability.

    Just my 2 cents. If you squat 90 and it works for you then keep doing what your doing bro.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by B3ast View Post
    Not agreeing with him about a supplement and he thought i was not listening to him lol
    Sucks bro, haha. This forum is actually friendlier now than it used to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by y0lked View Post
    Soo much info. I'm reading along with you bro.


    I will say one thing. I've had numerous guys that complain about knee pain from/while squatting above/at parallel. When I teach them (and with some stretch work in the hips) atg they are completely relieved of knee pain. . I have always squatted below parallel and never once had knee pain. I read once (and need to do more reading on this) that when you go parallel or above, the transition of weight is placed under the knee. I have concluded that knee pain is attributed to poor squat form and distribution of weight. Most knee injuries are from the weight shifting forward to the toes. When your in the atg "hole" if your weight is not perfectly balanced towards your heels you will fail. This teaches all the right techniques and forces the squatter to learn proper balance and stability.

    Just my 2 cents. If you squat 90 and it works for you then keep doing what your doing bro.
    I am not saying it's not good, but personally for me it's not something that is good at this time. Between the major back issues I have, my super-immobile hips as a result of my back issues, and several other issues, I find that working the 90 with heavier weight is better for me overall than bellow parralell, specifically when talking about a 1 rep max. I hit at least parallel in my set weights, unless I am doing heavy sets like 5 or less reps, in which I will typically try to hit right at a 90. Honestly I go as deep as I am comfortable in a rep without breaking form and failing. I have been going deeper in my squats the past two months than ever before, and I will definitely experiment with going deeper. I am not completely happy with my depth on my max at 385. I am going to attempt it again in a few weeks, polish my form up a little bit more, and see if I can get it a little deeper.

    If you don't mind explaining the atg to me, I'm a good listener.

    Cliff notes - I don't hate bellow parallel, just avoid it for heavy weight.
    I currently have 0 knee pain.
    Zack King Khan blew both his knees out squating. I don't want to be like him and many others.
    I am open to trying new things.
    I want to improve my depth on my current max before advancing.
    My injuries give me mobility issues.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

  11. Its all good, i am here to learn

  12. Yea nice there's nothing wrong with that!! Atg isn't for everyone all the time. Atg is pretty much as low as you can go (obviously without being stupid) and getting your ass to sink between your calves. It takes stronger glutes and hammie's than parallel but you get a lot more power in your lower body since your loading up and obviously you do more work with the greater range of motion. Check out Kai's video of him explaining how he squats. He knows his ****, he's 300lbs and goes lower than I do! His are slightly different than mine however. He likes to take a little wider stance and recruits a ****ton of glutes and hammie's which is why his posterior chain is the best in bodybuilding right now.

    How wide is your stance?

  13. ATF/G = @$$ to floor/grass... Lol I was obviously posting post workout yesterday. Duh. I do some deep work.

    Very good points man

    On another note my legs feel very fatigued today.

    My stance is about a foot wider than shoulder width.

    Todays Plan is to smash chest in about 3 hours. Gona take a nap then work on stuff for my chemistry final. I had a very successful day today with 2 finals and received a good grade on a chem exam last week. Gona keep the positive momentum moving forward to my workout.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

  14. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    Great leg day. Went in feeling tired, 11 am workout so all I had was a glass of milk and yogurt/granola/cottage cheese in me from breakfast. Weight felt super heavy especially on my back but I pulled some good numbers today.

    Body weight 177.8 (sweats and shoes) I always weight in shoes and shorts and shirt... Just to keep it normal. makes me think I am bigger. Plus I can't strip down in the gym.

    Squat - 135x7, 225x1, 315x1, 365x1, 385x1, 225x24

    Goodmorning - 135x7, 95x7

    Leg Press - 310x5, 410x5,6,5,5,5

    3 minute walk

    Stretch.

    I was literally holding down my stomach, I wanted to puke. High volume squat set followed by the heavy weight leg presses were just brutal. I literally had to sit down twice because I couldn't see, I wasn't getting enough blood to my head, and would get dizzy. That's the intensity it takes to grow.

    Lunch was protein shake, coconut chicken, a hot dog no bun, and rice. Gona eat some tuna in a bit, I couldn't hold down any more food after that workout.

    Form broke a little on the 385, I was happy I got it though for feeling so crappy going into the workout. It was a good rep though. That 225 amazed me.

    I don't go past 90* at the knee in my heavy squats, because personally I don't think that it's safe or healthy or functional on a max rep. Once past that level on your knee it doesn't even hit or affect your muscles the same. And you never go that deep in a real life functional movement. There are a lot of bodybuilders who have lost both knees doing squats too heavy and too deep. I feel that right angle training is completely sufficient. I think I would have liked to go a little deep on that max, but as I can't really tell the perfect angle I am squating at I took my best guess.

    I feel like the weight was no longer centered once I got to that depth and my knee was tightening and my tibia/fibula and hams were coming together a bit. My heels wanted to lift up and the weight was shifting into my toes, which is kind of transferring weight to the gastrocnemius (calve) as well as more to the lower back, not the quads/glutes and basically defeating the purpose of the lift. I am not professional (yet) on this, but I felt good at that depth. I have been reading up on some studies that show that anything from 0-100 degrees on the knee is healthy as long as the knee is healthy. The sheer forces on the bones and the forces on the ACL and patella tendon increase with angle. Muscle activity is shown throughout the range, and 0-50 degrees is suggest for rehab patients. So I feel like 90 degrees is a fair goal for safe yet efficient squats.

    I definitely go deeper than the guys who only squat down to the bench and then pause on it then go up. lol. I hate that, and don't let any of the guys I lift with do it.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7co0jKJEn3o
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE9cIlYBp_0
    Looks like you're leaning forward at the bottom, which would be why you're feeling unbalanced and your heels are coming up. I think you can fix that by concentrating on keeping your chest up. Huge weight though, good for you. I don't get super deep on back squats either, not sure why, front squat though I can almost sit on the ground. Same thing for goblet squats.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by compudog View Post
    Looks like you're leaning forward at the bottom, which would be why you're feeling unbalanced and your heels are coming up. I think you can fix that by concentrating on keeping your chest up. Huge weight though, good for you. I don't get super deep on back squats either, not sure why, front squat though I can almost sit on the ground. Same thing for goblet squats.

    Back came forward at the bottom of the rep on that max. I'm not sure if it was just because I was trying to get deep and my legs got tight or if the weight was too high on my back, or I dropped my chest. Could have been a number of things. That is actually the first time that has happened to me in a long time, I was a little disappointed. I am definitely going to try and work on that all though.

    you can see in the video with 225 I have no problem getting a little lower and doing more reps. Those are all parallel or near parallel. I think a big part of the max was I just wasn't used to going that deep with that much weight. A year ago I couldn't even perform a squat so I figure I have come a long way.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

  16. Chest today. I took a nap after all my finals because I was tired as hell, slept til 30 mins pre workout on accident, but got up and went. Still felt lethargic, probably just from all the stress from everything this week. Diet has been good though. Workout was okay, and was pretty good considering I felt like trash.

    Chest
    Bw- 180.2

    Bench - 135x7,7 205x12,11,10,(partner put a 5 on instead of a 10 on the right side, so I had a lopped sided 200) for 7 til I realized, then 205x9.
    I was shooting for 10-12 on those.
    DB incline SS w/ the fly machine
    DB- 60sx13,12
    Fly- 110x7,10

    Floor Bench SS w/ pushups
    FB-185x10,10
    PU-12,7

    Finished with some lower half reps with assisted half reps to get the deep pec
    HR-225x3+3, 205x4+4


    I felt a crazy pump from the first set on, it was honestly just gettin in the way though, and I wasn't getting blood to the muscles, it felt like I was tired, light headed, and just weak overall. I almost felt dehydrated. I don't know, but hopefully nothing awful going on. Just an off day. I am just pleased that I broke 180 today. 5 more pounds to goal weight.

    I tried to do some volume on chest today since I have been working mainly heavier weights lately.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

  17. My first hard back day in a while, the rhomboid is slowly but surely getting better, the cerv. spin is still iffy. I am trying so hard not to crack it but sometimes it just does.


    I guess I did a bad thing, because I maxed and PR'd deads, then bench, then squat in 3 consecutive workouts over 5 days. (2 days rest between chest friday and legs monday). I think I am gona finish off this week with a mid range workouts, let the body heal, and do some powerlifting stuff over break since I will be at the home gym. No more than 7 reps, lots of compound movements, lots more rest, big meals/ more protein. Really put this stack to use for some power gains, I just have to watch my flexibility and tendon/ligament/ connective tissue state, last time I really put some damage down.

    Today I slowed the pace down a little bit and really focused on tight form, got some decent volume in, and really got a good pump. My back was huge and my lats looked like I had freakin wings. Love it.

    BW- 181.6 w/ sweats (what I normally weight in) 180.0 without. Eitherway solid gains over the 168ish I was 3 months ago. nice steady recomp like I have been trying for.

    Warmup - 4 circle pullups

    Bent over rows - 135x12, 175x10,10,10
    Db Rows - 80 x 10,10,10
    OH pullups- 4 circles, 7,7

    Tbar row (with t handle and barbell, weight listed without bar added) 50x7, 100x10, 125x10, 150x8
    Had to do the last two sets with the handle behind the weight and have someone stand on the end of the barbell to keep it on the ground. Because of the leverage being shorter and having someone standing on the end these are significantly tougher than the first two sets.
    Back Xtn - 130x12,12,
    hammer curls - 45x10

    abs- a lot of hanging leg lifts and then some situps. I did 3 sets of half hangs which basically you hold halfway in a pullup and do 10 leg raises, really pumps up your back. Then I stretched out realllll good.
    Got diner, nothing awesome tonight sadly. I feel very good.

    Been dosing my alcar for my finals, not only is it helping there, but also helping in the gym I believe.

    ghenerate is still making me sleep good, natadrol is working I do believe. I feel like I am getting thicker finally. I am very vascular right now for the past two weeks as well. I have been a bit lethargic but no shut down. I have been dosing the natadrol 3caps 2x a day. I think I am gona switch to 2 caps 3x. once in the AM, once PWO, and once after diner. hopefully get a little bit longer effect, although maybe not as strong?

    Going to do arms tomorrow, unless my legs are feeling up to a workout. Next leg workout is gona be lighter weight, deep reps, try out some stuff me and yolked have been discussing.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

  18. ^^^ woo hoo for deep squats! haha no seriously tho do some stretching and jeffersons before you start atg lmao. nice workout man! how do you do your BB rows? anything to get the weight to your abs or strict??

  19. Quote Originally Posted by y0lked View Post
    ^^^ woo hoo for deep squats! haha no seriously tho do some stretching and jeffersons before you start atg lmao. nice workout man! how do you do your BB rows? anything to get the weight to your abs or strict??
    Yeah, I usually warm up real good. I've done ATG like 3-4 times up here so far but usually very light. Thanks, back is always my strong suite. The BB rows, bent over. I do a more neutral bent stance, not a true "bent over" as some guys swear by, but healthier for the back. I keep the chest up, bent at the hips about 45 degrees, wide legs with a little bit of knee bend, and grip the same width as my deadlift, underhand instead of over however. I pulls slowly and smoothly up to my top abs/bottom of pecs and start the pull with my rear delts and lats and finish with my traps/middle back. I cheat the last few if I need to to finish out the set.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

  20. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    Yeah, I usually warm up real good. I've done ATG like 3-4 times up here so far but usually very light. Thanks, back is always my strong suite. The BB rows, bent over. I do a more neutral bent stance, not a true "bent over" as some guys swear by, but healthier for the back. I keep the chest up, bent at the hips about 45 degrees, wide legs with a little bit of knee bend, and grip the same width as my deadlift, underhand instead of over however. I pulls slowly and smoothly up to my top abs/bottom of pecs and start the pull with my rear delts and lats and finish with my traps/middle back. I cheat the last few if I need to to finish out the set.
    nice! thats how i do mine too, except im stanced like i squat (just like you are stanced like you squat lol) and i do overhand. Have you always done underhand? I used to do both but switched to overhand a while ago to lessen the bicep work done. Ive been meaning to incorporate more underhand work. Gonna go underhand from now on! Maybe ill add a litttle more biceps!

  21. Quote Originally Posted by y0lked View Post
    nice! thats how i do mine too, except im stanced like i squat (just like you are stanced like you squat lol) and i do overhand. Have you always done underhand? I used to do both but switched to overhand a while ago to lessen the bicep work done. Ive been meaning to incorporate more underhand work. Gonna go underhand from now on! Maybe ill add a litttle more biceps!

    Yeah, I guess it's the same stance as squat, lol. I just didn't think to describe like that. I sometimes do overhand but I like underhand and a little heavier to hit the traps without doing shrugs, and to fatigue the bis before moving on to other stuff so I can isolate the back more. As you saw on the pullups, my bi's were doing jack squat anymore. Overhand focuses more on the lats and delts IMO. I can't use as much weight, it to me it just feels awkward. Which isn't necessarily bad. I try to focus on the back muscles pulling and contracting and try NOT to use the bis, but obviously they are a part of any back movement other than posterior chain stuff such as DL/hacks etc where they are less involved. I also don't train Bi's at all really so hitting them in back is good. My arms are actually looking really good. I was dry today and my arms were looking insane. I pretty much get envy comments all the time at the gym for "big arms" because I am a skiny guy who actually has some gunz I guess, idk. I want to work on my tri's A LOT and get thicker overall... but then again I am never satisfied.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

  22. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    Yeah, I guess it's the same stance as squat, lol. I just didn't think to describe like that. I sometimes do overhand but I like underhand and a little heavier to hit the traps without doing shrugs, and to fatigue the bis before moving on to other stuff so I can isolate the back more. As you saw on the pullups, my bi's were doing jack squat anymore. Overhand focuses more on the lats and delts IMO. I can't use as much weight, it to me it just feels awkward. Which isn't necessarily bad. I try to focus on the back muscles pulling and contracting and try NOT to use the bis, but obviously they are a part of any back movement other than posterior chain stuff such as DL/hacks etc where they are less involved. I also don't train Bi's at all really so hitting them in back is good. My arms are actually looking really good. I was dry today and my arms were looking insane. I pretty much get envy comments all the time at the gym for "big arms" because I am a skiny guy who actually has some gunz I guess, idk. I want to work on my tri's A LOT and get thicker overall... but then again I am never satisfied.
    lol thats funny cause underhand feels awkward to me and feels like 100% bicep movement lol pass those arms over here bro. my 15.5s look tiny on my big ass frame. prolly need 17s to get compliments lol

  23. Quote Originally Posted by y0lked View Post
    lol thats funny cause underhand feels awkward to me and feels like 100% bicep movement lol pass those arms over here bro. my 15.5s look tiny on my big ass frame. prolly need 17s to get compliments lol
    Maybe get a little more bend, keep the hands it closer, and focus on the back movement. Gota pump the elbows up and back, not pull at the hands, if that makes sense. I'm 4 inches shorter than you bit I have a wide wide chest/back, and long arms. so it's just ugly for proportions. Idk how big my arms are. Actually I just measured up at 15 3/8s lol. If I get my tris up that will grow. The bulge of my bis and tris are at different spots so measure a straight line hits a dip either way, top or bottom of arm.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

  24. Atg today just for you. Neck and back hurt bad today guess my back day irritated them.

    Twas an okay workout. I'll update later. I have been thinking and I have a whole new direction I want to go that involves me getting super strong, and healing up at the same time.

    Okay, workout.
    Squats, deep work. BW- 178.8
    Squats ATG - barx7, 135x7,7, 225x7,7
    Powerclean - 135x7, 185x4
    Pushpress - 135x3, 115x5
    Powerclean/Press/F Squat - 95x7
    Leg Press - 490x1,2 225x10,12,12 (deep)


    Overall felt like garbage. Legs were beat up after those ATG squats, wrists were bothering me on the clean and press work, I need to get my form back down on those better. I just felt uncomfortable. Back was hurting a bit too so I was just not feeling in the mood I suppose.

    Had a relaxing night, all my major finals were finally over. Got to drink some shine and JD with two of my buddies and lay around all night and BS. haha. headed home today! Taking the next 3 days off unless I feel really good. Then going hit training HARD on monday.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Will be visiting the Phoenix, Arizona area
    By The Matrix in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2011, 08:24 PM
  2. THE Success Story - CT's rise to stardom
    By CTDeuce in forum Millennium Sport Technologies
    Replies: 164
    Last Post: 08-21-2009, 10:43 PM
  3. And here we...GO! The Dark Knight.
    By CryingEmo in forum General Chat
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 08-05-2008, 12:55 AM
  4. The Dark Knight
    By joeflex73 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 07-24-2008, 10:02 PM
  5. Batman's New "dark Knight" Suit
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-18-2007, 04:56 PM
Log in
Log in