The Phoenix/Dark Knight/Countrylifter Rises

Page 4 of 8 First ... 23456 ... Last

  1. How did the workout go?


  2. Legs were good. Hacked 135x7,7 in smith til the rack opened up. Squat 135x7 225x12 275x12,10 250x 10

    Bb lunge 115x7. Felt like my pelvis was dangling from my spine so stopped. Idk if it was just going to. Them from squats or what. Then I did 225 hack squat x12. Showed my buddies how to do a power clean/push press/ front squat super rep. And get form right. Then did leg press 225x20 315x15. Weight was 176.

    Good energy in the gym despite feeling bad. I am gona try and do chest today. I have a big day tomorrow with 2 final papers bio lab practical test and a human chem exam. I should be fine though.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023
    •   
       


  3. Solid numbers! Making me need to push harder on squats myself. You have better classes than I do!

  4. Quote Originally Posted by y0lked
    Solid numbers! Making me need to push harder on squats myself. You have better classes than I do!
    Thanks man I have been pushing legs real hard. The food available to me at school is killing me though it's all packed with so much garbage my body doesn't like it.

    Freshman pT student has it's perks I guess. Lol.

    Today was chest.

    Bench 135x7. 185x3. 225x8,7,7(spot last rep) 135x16 with legs up.

    Rest of workout was super sets.

    Db bench ss w/ dips.

    Flat 80s x 12 +12 dips. Incline 80s x7 plus 10 dips. Decline 80s x 10 plus 7 dips.

    Machine flys ss w/ under grip bench.

    130x7/7
    135x6,115x8

    I was dead at the end. Bench was strong. Good day.

    Weight at 176. I feel good.

    Still have that pinch in my rhomboid I hve had for 6 weeks or so. And my right neck is tight. Cervical spine likes to pop and crack and gets sore. I'm trying to avoid popping it so it heals.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

  5. Back is sore AF today, oh well. Going to do a sorta of full body/core day instead of taking a rest day. I believe I just aced my final bio lab practical of the year so I need to blow off some steam before I sit down and study for my chem exam in 3.5 hours. Hopefully work out the kinks in my back and just get the blood flowing and relax. Not the kind of day for a PR.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023
    •   
       


  6. Strong fawkin numbers bro! How did you fuk ur back up? I know that exact same pinch and tightness i get it from a strain doing military presses some times and its a bitch of a 2 week heal!!!

  7. Quote Originally Posted by y0lked
    Strong fawkin numbers bro! How did you fuk ur back up? I know that exact same pinch and tightness i get it from a strain doing military presses some times and its a bitch of a 2 week heal!!!
    I'm on about 6 weeks. Going to doc over break.

    I had si joint issues starting around 14. Had dislocated before. But then senior year running a timed 40 for football blew my joint out bad. I warmed up good but still happened. Idk. Came back to ball without letting it heal right but coached wanted me to. I then messed it up real bad and pinched a nerve and apparently somehow fractured my spine.... Bad joint damage is the worst part now.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

  8. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin

    I'm on about 6 weeks. Going to doc over break.

    I had si joint issues starting around 14. Had dislocated before. But then senior year running a timed 40 for football blew my joint out bad. I warmed up good but still happened. Idk. Came back to ball without letting it heal right but coached wanted me to. I then messed it up real bad and pinched a nerve and apparently somehow fractured my spine.... Bad joint damage is the worst part now.
    Man I feel for you! Hope you can make a full recovery eventually.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by y0lked

    Man I feel for you! Hope you can make a full recovery eventually.
    Ill be good eventually. You can always push though the pain.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

  10. Today's max for DL
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

  11. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin
    Today's max for DL
    hell ya bud, get it in
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    hell ya bud, get it in
    Already did

    Leg/Back

    Weight 179

    squat - 135x7,7
    deadlift 225x 1,1 315x1, 405x1, 445x1, 315x19

    Leg press (really deep, as in I had to like stand up to get my legs in and fall out of it.)
    310x10,15

    Lat pulldown (cable) 10x15,10

    low back extension 130x10,10

    stretch out

    Feeling like an animal despite various aches and pains that I had coming into this "cycle". As I mentioned I will be seeing a doc for my back, and maybe asking him about my knee. Back is my main concern. Good strong workout. The 445 felt pretty easy. I think I coulda done another 20 pounds.

    Diet was pretty good today, and I ate alot.

    Shot some video of my deadlift to critique my form. My back rounded a little under 445 (no crap) but overall good, I need to keep my butt down. Due to my long legs and short torso it's tough for me to get down, esp with my old hammy/back issues. I used a belt today to help keep my straight. Had to strap up too. My grip ain't what it used to be.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

  13. Deadlifts: Constructive criticism is welcomed. If you aren't sure if I would welcome it, don't post

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T1wZwifens

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKyfK8lcQkw
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

  14. I'd work on what you've already mentioned. See if you can sit down a little bit more. Make sure your back is correct before you begin the lift. I make sure I get set up perfect on the bar, pull the slack out and build up the tension and then pull. Maybe try not rolling the bar into you and starting the pull from that if that makes sense. Im no expert, you know I'm still workin on my form too. Other than that, that's some pretty heavy ass weight bud.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I'd work on what you've already mentioned. See if you can sit down a little bit more. Make sure your back is correct before you begin the lift. I make sure I get set up perfect on the bar, pull the slack out and build up the tension and then pull. Maybe try not rolling the bar into you and starting the pull from that if that makes sense. Im no expert, you know I'm still workin on my form too. Other than that, that's some pretty heavy ass weight bud.
    I know man, problem is I dip lower, and start the pull and the only thing that moves is my butt because my legs don't like pushing that much weight. That's why I am working to get my squat and legs better so I can actually push the weight with my legs easier. The roll is just to stretch my back out, some guys like to do it, I just picked it up, it helps me stay loose and get into my spot and get the bar rolled to center. I did start the pull out a little far from my legs, but at that point I couldn't really say "oops, redo!" lol. in the reps w/ 315 I start the pull a bit closer to center of mass.

    Form is always a work in progress, I don't think you can ever get too good. Good form + max don't often mix either.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

  16. I got ya man. You do have some long legs haha You got that weight up pretty quickly too
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I got ya man. You do have some long legs haha You got that weight up pretty quickly too

    Didn't feel near as hard as I expected... I have been hammering my squats though and I feel like my leg strength is better than it used to be. I just wish I wasn't missing half of my lower left back hahaha. Long legs and a short torso, a curse for a bodybuilder proportion wise, but useful for sprinting and a good bit of power lifting. My long skinny arms on the other hand... not so much.

    Still, 445 at 180 isn't too shabby. After Christmas/New years I will try to pull 500 if I am feeling it.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

  18. Chest.
    Bw - 178.6 (with sweats)

    Bench - 135x10, 225x2, 245x1, 265x1, 285x1, 295xFAIL 245x3,3,3 125x15 Legs up

    Tri cable
    push down (rope)- 6x15, 8x8
    pull down (bar)-6x15, 8x15
    rope kickback 2x7
    DB tri skulls- 35x7

    Diner was a protein shake and a turkey ham and swiss on wheat chibata. YUM.

    I brought the 295 up, Felt it, let it down, and realized it was too much so I didn't even attempt the rep and just had my spotter help me push it up. I think I was burnt out from the other reps. That is 20 pounds of from my post-injury max, which was 265 a few weeks ago. I think I was at 245 or 255 when I got up here at school about a month in. So. a little over two months ago. Tri cables were alternating sets. awesome pump.

    Pretty happy with that bench, considering I am still in the 170s. I did 305 at around 187 so, proportionally I am right about there. Might even be a little stronger pound for pound. I love this stack.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

  19. Comic Relief for the day : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDBP_xdzyxI
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

  20. lol that's pretty funny

    actually what's a hard exercise is to put a 45 on one side and the other side empty. take it off hte rack and press just the one side with weight with the other up..definitely notice how weak your core is

    that guy is just dumb though. when you get a chance YouTube dom mazzeti vs meatheads

    good workout btw man. where did you pick up the wheat chibata?
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332
    lol that's pretty funny

    actually what's a hard exercise is to put a 45 on one side and the other side empty. take it off hte rack and press just the one side with weight with the other up..definitely notice how weak your core is

    that guy is just dumb though. when you get a chance YouTube dom mazzeti vs meatheads

    good workout btw man. where did you pick up the wheat chibata?
    Haha I know it was so goofy though and the fact the dude was doing what appeared to be 205 made it almost idiotically impressive. I have thought about trying that but I feel like the other guys at the gym either wouldn't understand it or would try and hurt themselves. Lol.

    I'll def check that out.

    Yes bench felt good. I was wasted after the heavy singles though.

    Got the bread at school. One of the only decent things on campus is the deli bar lol.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

  22. 445 dead and 179 weight?! Better put my 1400 calorie breakfast to use and put up weight on squat!

    Gjdm

  23. Quote Originally Posted by y0lked View Post
    445 dead and 179 weight?! Better put my 1400 calorie breakfast to use and put up weight on squat!

    Gjdm
    Get some! Resting up this weekend. Trying to study for finals. First two are Tuesday.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

  24. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    Get some! Resting up this weekend. Trying to study for finals. First two are Tuesday.
    yupp. did that last weekend. get that rest and them studies! prolly gain a pound just eating between study seshs haha

  25. Quote Originally Posted by y0lked View Post
    yupp. did that last weekend. get that rest and them studies! prolly gain a pound just eating between study seshs haha
    took my girl out to olive garden last night, yum. Eating good today too. I cooked breakfast yesterday as well since I was home. good stuff. Lots of studying is right, I feel like I know most of what I am studying though so that is either very good or bad. I have A's in all my classes but one right now so I am just trying to keep them, not trying to get grades up. Lol.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Will be visiting the Phoenix, Arizona area
    By The Matrix in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2011, 08:24 PM
  2. THE Success Story - CT's rise to stardom
    By CTDeuce in forum Millennium Sport Technologies
    Replies: 164
    Last Post: 08-21-2009, 10:43 PM
  3. And here we...GO! The Dark Knight.
    By CryingEmo in forum General Chat
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 08-05-2008, 12:55 AM
  4. The Dark Knight
    By joeflex73 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 07-24-2008, 10:02 PM
  5. Batman's New "dark Knight" Suit
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-18-2007, 04:56 PM
Log in
Log in