Tomhawk Is Eating His Cake And Having It Too (CBL)

Page 34 of 40 First ... 3233343536 ... Last

1. Without having to look through 800+ posts... how's progress with cbl? How long doing it? I'm about a month in.

2. Quote Originally Posted by broken bottle
    Without having to look through 800+ posts... how's progress with cbl? How long doing it? I'm about a month in.
    Haha sorry for such a long log. Didn't realize I just had my 1 year anniversary for this log.

I would say my experience could have been better. It was more to do with me not being ready for it. While it still works with higher body fat % it is ideal to have it in the 15% from the start. Which is why I am switching to Carb Nite Solution and then coming back to CBL. I have been doing CBL off and on with success. It is great for adding strength and muscle. While I have been able to drop body fat it hasn't fallen off.

What do you think of it so far?
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Haha sorry for such a long log. Didn't realize I just had my 1 year anniversary for this log.

I would say my experience could have been better. It was more to do with me not being ready for it. While it still works with higher body fat % it is ideal to have it in the 15% from the start. Which is why I am switching to Carb Nite Solution and then coming back to CBL. I have been doing CBL off and on with success. It is great for adding strength and muscle. While I have been able to drop body fat it hasn't fallen off.

What do you think of it so far?
    You said exactly what I was thinking. I have cbl book but not CNS. Is CNS cbl but one night only and lots bigger? I'm struggling to find my calorie and carb g. sweet spot. Strength gains are good which in the end matter most to me.

4. Quote Originally Posted by broken bottle

You said exactly what I was thinking. I have cbl book but not CNS. Is CNS cbl but one night only and lots bigger? I'm struggling to find my calorie and carb g. sweet spot. Strength gains are good which in the end matter most to me.
    Ya the more muscle and leaner you are the better CBL will work for you.

It is a little more than that. For $20 I would say it is worth picking up if you are considering CNS at any point. It has some extra details but that is the gist of it.

What are you doing now for calories and carbs? Personally I haven't been counting mine. I do a rough estimate for protein and fat for 1st half of my day and ultra low carb days. But when I start my back load the only thing I really concern myself is protein and getting the food in within a certain amount of time.

5. 1:1 f p and about 3300 cal. Ulc days

.5f:.5p/ bw before lifting and 350-450 g. Carbs and rest of my protein pwo 3500-4500 calories

Bw fluctuating 232-236. 236 today
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by broken bottle
    1:1 f p and about 3300 cal. Ulc days

.5f:.5p/ bw before lifting and 350-450 g. Carbs and rest of my protein pwo 3500-4500 calories

Bw fluctuating 232-236. 236 today
    Maybe a little less on the ulc days.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Maybe a little less on the ulc days.
    I'll try it. Frustrated from weight gain when past two days have been back load days and I should be down in weight

8. I really appreciate the cut down calories advice. Things are a lot better now.

9. Quote Originally Posted by broken bottle
    I really appreciate the cut down calories advice. Things are a lot better now.
    Not a problem. Just remember this isn't a cutting diet where you restrict calories. The days I cut macros some is your ultra low carb days. I would lower fat some. Take it down slowly and adjust from there.

By the way how long are you having carbs after your workouts?

Alright a little bit about my workouts. Monday I did a real short chest workout. Need to find a way to get it stronger. Seems like strength on chest took a nose dive even before I switched diet. Tuesday I did back. Tried to make it a shorter workout but just love training back too much. Today will be shoulders.

I haven't gotten around to taking pictures yet. I think I really need to. Doubt I will post them anyway but still good to have a reference point. Wont have carbs again till Tuesday or Monday. Supposed to give blood Monday. Pretty sure they will want me to eat/drink something after giving blood haha.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Not a problem. Just remember this isn't a cutting diet where you restrict calories. The days I cut macros some is your ultra low carb days. I would lower fat some. Take it down slowly and adjust from there.

By the way how long are you having carbs after your workouts?
    Yea I get that. I was eating too many calories tho.
    About 3 hours starting an hour pwo.

11. Shoulders today. Ended up doing more than I planned.

Seated bb press elect went up to 235. Might still be too heavy for my weak pressing self. Seriously wondering how my pressing strength disappeared like it did.
    Cable upright rows psr
    Heavy db swings 3 sets of 25 superset with 1 arm side lateral raise with a band
    Bent over rear delt raise 3 sets of 8

Ended up doing some sets of deadlifts with 315. Some what speed pulls. Spent a decent bit of time trying to help someone with their form. Even did some snatch grip deadlifts with 225.
    Then did some power cleans, push press, and hang cleans.

Finished with some cage press with the smith machine.

12. Going to do arms today. Nothing too crazy. Elbows have been bothering me real bad lately. Trying to pin point the problem. I think the heavy db swings for shoulders is contributing to the problem. More of a problem of form than anything. The way I have been performing them has been putting extra stress on my elbows.

As far as diet goes I am ready for my Carb Nite. Not exactly dragging but less than ideal. Having a hard time sleeping as of late also. Having the carbless blues lately too haha. Plus I have more than 99 problems and a girl is one.

Was selected to log PeakBeta+ by Molecular Nutrition. It is a strength endurance preworkout. Combination of COP, LCLT, and L-norvaline which should help when I start dragging towards the end of my workouts that are further away from my Carb Nite.

Another point about my diet is I plan on doing Carb Nite every 5-6 days. The standard practice is every 7 days. I feel like that will hinder my lifting. I like to assume my workouts are enough to deplete glycogen stores in a reasonable amount of time.

13. Tried 1 serving of PeakBeta+ for my arm workout. The only other thing I had was coffee plus coconut oil.

It was my typical arm workout for the most part. But much more down time between sets. Talk to some people I hadn't seen in a while. Both do a form of crossfit. One was complaining about the quality of his box's programming.

Anyway some take aways from my lifting. Seemed to pump up quicker on biceps. Had a little extra gas left at the end. Usually do terrible with machine preacher curls. Threw in some light close grip bench. Tried bb curls with a band around the ends which still aggravated my left wrist. An overhead tricep machine was also painful.

Still a solid workout with a worthy pump. In fact I was surprised by the pump. Was a workout full of extended rest periods. Plus I haven't had carbs in over a week. Not what I expected so nice surprise with PeakBeta+. Plan on doing a double dose for legs tomorrow. Also supposed to give blood. Going to try and make that post workout so I can have carbs when I will need them.

Autumn has disappeared again. Thinking I need to cut ties. Hitting me harder than I expected. Another out of nowhere drop off the radar.

14. So last nights Carb Nite didn't go as planned. Slow cooked pot roast for 8 hours. Ended up not lifting which is less than ideal but oh well. Can't change certain things. Still killed some carbs though. Had pot roast and jasmine rice twice. Ate a total of 4 donuts 2 glazed, 1 raspberry filled, and 1 chocolate covered. Had a decent amount of a Lindt caramel chocolate bar. Had a little chocolate caramel ice cream(redundant flavor). Ate a small bowl of cocoa pebbles and had a total of 32oz of fat free milk. This was over a course of 5 hours or so which is short. Had a pretty empty feeling in my stomach the whole time which was odd after all I ate. I know I am drinking the koolaid and all but even I didn't expect the almost euphoric feel I got while eating carbs. Hopefully next time works out better and a little better organized.

15. Back to ultra low carb today. Sleep last night kind of sucked. Need to get a new bed it is starting to bother my back again. Coffee was needed to get through day even more so today.

Workout was chest/shoulders

DB twist press
    Incline BB
    Pec deck

Heavy DB swings superset with 1 arm lateral raise with band full rom to top
    1 arm DB upright rows

Nothing crazy for strength or endurance. But I swelled up like crazy. Shoulders and chest looked huge. Guessing the combo of carbs yesterday plus PeakBeta+. Almost forgot how nice it looks to be pumped full of carbs. Next Carb Nite I think will be Sunday. Will make it easy to get together with the fam to eat dinner for mothers day.

16. Tomorrow I will copy and paste my workout into here from my PeakBeta+ log.

1 arm DB rows dead stop 3*8 with fat gripz followed by a set of 12 without. The fat gripz made it tough as hell to hold them. Might not try that again haha.
    Seated cable rows 3*12

Pull ups 3*5 not exactly easy at this weight haha. Still waiting to be able to get 6. Might start shooting for a total number instead of sets.
    Stretchers 2*12
    Reverse seat lat pull downs with a wide neutral grip 3*10

Trap bar deadlifts with 3 shrugs at top. No set parameters just go till it got to be too much. Finished with 510 on the bar. The bar is hell on hands. Added liquid grip after each set and used some Versa Grip Pro that were laying around on the 510 set.
    Shrugs with 3 second hold at top 3 sets

Something of note is I was able to use the 3rd notch on my weight lifting belt today. Been using the 2nd 1 and it felt looser today so I tried the 3rd. A little snug but not bad.

17. Today got an earlier than usual massage from a different/new massage therapist. Can't really say new because I have gone to her before. Definitely got a great overall massage. She seems to do a better job on my back in a shorter amount of time so she can work other areas more.

Waited 6 hours or so to go do legs. Had a cup of coffee sandwiched between 2 doses of PeakBeta+. Got the endurance factor today.

Lying leg curls 3*8 reps with 130. Then 115 for 8 reps followed by 25 bottom partial reps.

Squats worked up to 385*5

Leg press 3*10 with 540 pressing with heels and keeping constant tension

Deadlifts worked up to 550*3

Seated calf raise
    Tibalias(sp?) Raise 3*15 with 40

I can't remember a time where I did both squat and deadlift in the same workout especially at that level. The rests were long but that was because I was lifting with someone and helping out. But because of that I decided to do deadlifts today. Probably going to pay for that work load soon haha.

Got an invitation to friends' wedding in the mail today. It is only 3 weeks away but honestly hoping to trim down to look decent in my clothes for the wedding. It is bad because I just finished reading Hilarity Ensues by Tucker Max. Which ends with all of his friends' crazy bachelor and wedding stories haha. Made me disappointed in the weddings I have gone to. Also made me want to have at least one epic bachelor/wedding story in my lifetime.

18. Was supposed to go to a pool party tomorrow. But it got cancelled. Doesn't look like the weather was supposed to cooperate anyway. Might go shooting tomorrow. Should be a nice day.

19. I figured I will start this back up. Will post some updates.

Bench 315 for 4 also 315 for 3 pause press
    Incline 305 for 3 elect reps
    Squat 405 for 5 reps. Today did 405 for 5 reps plus 65 pounds of chains.
    Leg press today did 630 for 25 reps
    Deadlift 565 for 3 reps

20. Good to have you back... What's the diet/goals looking like nowadays?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - [email protected] .com

21. YAY!
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

22. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    Good to have you back... What's the diet/goals looking like nowadays?
    Appreciate it. Wanted to make sure to focus on the other log. The diet is Carb Nite Solution still. So less than 30 grams of carbs a day, protein around my body weight, fat a little less in grams. So still taking in quite a bit of calories. Usually end up with less fat. Not dropping weight fat but noticing some nice recomping. At the end of the day the goal will always be to look better naked haha. Still trying to get as strong as possible though. But still want to look awesome. May do a powerlifting meet in the future if I ever nut up. Figure I am closer to being able to something there as opposed to bodybuilding. Want to get my weight down

Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    YAY!
    Haha thanks man. Been catching up on your log a bit too. Looks like you have been killing it. Really wish I could press ENTER right now haha. Anyway training has been going great. Going with what I can from Mountain Dog(John Meadows). Just off the articles from TNation at the moment. Probably doing more volume than I should especially since I am ultra low carb all but 1 day a week. Had been just rolling with training not having set days. But then started training legs Wednesdays with the kid bodybuilder. Just made more sense to keep things a little more consistent. Makes it a little rough on me though. Have a hard time deciding between training 4 and 5 days a week. Right now it is basically rest, arms, legs, rest, chest/shoulders, back, rest but might throw in a deadlift/hip thrust/core/calves day haha.

23. Heck yeah bro. You still trying to cut down a bit? Hows that going? I love doing a 4 day split now instead of 5 or 6. I just kill it more on those 4 days. I'll have to check that stuff out.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

24. Long time.... Hope all is well
    RIP Ryan, :(
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. NutraPro - cake batter and cin bun
    By erokyrwrld in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 04:47 PM
  2. Rice Cake Pizzas
    By wophood in forum Recipes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-29-2009, 03:08 PM