Tomhawk Is Eating His Cake And Having It Too (CBL)

Page 3 of 34 First 12345 ... Last

1. So then he doesn't tell you to do the whole calories in / calories out thing? That is kind of cool. I will definitely keep watching and if it seems to be working better than I will give it a shot too. Just not sure about having the junk in the house with the people who are not on the diet. We keep them eating reasonable by not having that stuff in the house for them, when we do they go NUTS!

I guess it wouldn't be too hard to do with keeping carbs extremely low with the meat patty or something. So you mentioned that you should eat less protein than we are used to on this. How much or little? Does he have specific recommendations say for you, or me how much protein would we be aiming to take in?
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Use Kleen10 for a 10% discount
    www.OrbitSupplements.com

2. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    So then he doesn't tell you to do the whole calories in / calories out thing? That is kind of cool. I will definitely keep watching and if it seems to be working better than I will give it a shot too. Just not sure about having the junk in the house with the people who are not on the diet. We keep them eating reasonable by not having that stuff in the house for them, when we do they go NUTS!

I guess it wouldn't be too hard to do with keeping carbs extremely low with the meat patty or something. So you mentioned that you should eat less protein than we are used to on this. How much or little? Does he have specific recommendations say for you, or me how much protein would we be aiming to take in?
    Everything is more like a guideline not set in stone. If you feel like you need more or less that day then do it. Well like I said in the other PM it doesnt have to be the "bad" stuff just want to cause the insulin spike. The "bad" stuff is brought up because it is unique to most "diets" and it works great for the goal of insulin spiking.

The protein and fat are more based on your target weight(mine is 210). For the first half of my day protein would be 90-160 grams. Fat absolute minimum would be 39 grams. Pretty much seems like if anything you want more fat than protein according to the forum. For the Carb Back Load portion of my day my protein is 57 to 102 grams of protein. Again these are just guidelines.

Alright I got some food to show off.

Some chicken and cabbage plus I had some kimchi with it.

Before I ate I was a little cranky haha. I feel much better now. Should be good to go come lifting time.
    •   

3. That looks amazing! I hate traveling, I'm starving. Lol
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience

4. Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift
    That looks amazing! I hate traveling, I'm starving. Lol
    It is fairly simple to make. Plus like I said the kimchi was fresh. So damn good together. I can't wait to have it with jasmine rice.

5. Does look good, I am getting ready to carb up for the night. Just finished a bagel and about to make some spaghetti and tear it up like I am angry at it. My insulin sensitivity is pretty high from lean gains for so long so not gonna bother with having a 2 week carb free period since not doing it exactly. I will say that keeping carbs low all day today felt like a punishment. Seems fasting was easier than just eating protein and fat.

I basically almost matched your numbers for the first half of the day about 40g fat and 110g protein
    www.OrbitSupplements.com

6. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88

It is fairly simple to make. Plus like I said the kimchi was fresh. So damn good together. I can't wait to have it with jasmine rice.
    jasmine rice is amazing!

7. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Does look good, I am getting ready to carb up for the night. Just finished a bagel and about to make some spaghetti and tear it up like I am angry at it. My insulin sensitivity is pretty high from lean gains for so long so not gonna bother with having a 2 week carb free period since not doing it exactly. I will say that keeping carbs low all day today felt like a punishment. Seems fasting was easier than just eating protein and fat.

I basically almost matched your numbers for the first half of the day about 40g fat and 110g protein
    Ya the 10 day prep phase isnt necessary. It just gives a better idea of carb back loads. Plus it is good for fatties like me haha.

The 40 grams of fat is the MINIMUM. I probably had more like double that if not a little more. The olive oil was used freely while cooking the chicken and cabbage.

Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    jasmine rice is amazing!
    Haha glad to see you know about the good stuff. Jasmine rice is PERFECT for carb back loading. Brown rice is NOT good for it.

I had a DAMN good back workout. Plan on finishing off the chicken and cabbage with some kimchi then posting it up.

8. My favorite workout of the week!

0 Lat pull downs warm up 3 sets of 10 reps

0 Deadlift warm up 2 sets of 8 reps
    135 for both

1 Deadlift ELECT 3 reps

1 BB rows ELECT 3 reps

X Deadlift 1 set 1 rep
    Will get back to you on this one

2 Close grip pulldowns normal 3 sets
    210*8,10, 230*8

1 BB shrugs ELECT 3 reps

1 High wide pulley rows ELECT 3 reps
    This turned into a SUPER ego contest haha. Mario wouldnt back down haha. Started off SUPER light, and ended with the whole stack haha. We had a little audience going, and I am pretty sure they were entertained.

2 Bent over DB side laterals normal 3 sets
    25*10,10, 30*13

U DB bench press normal 2 sets
    95*13,12

Alright now for the fun part DEADLIFTS! Last week I did 515 for 4 with some suspect form. That is an estimated max of 577.

Not too shabby if you ask me. Felt easier than I expected. I would guess I could get around 600. Which is probably about the most I have done while not on cycle. I honestly just dont focus on my deadlift too much while off cycle. It is my best gauge of raw power so it fits into a cycle naturally haha.

Finished the rest of my chicken and cabbage with some kimchi. I have to make that meal again soon.

9. Git r done man.

10. Quote Originally Posted by CaptHowdy5150 View Post
    Git r done man.
    Haha I sure am trying.

Obviously not proof, but I would guess I am not getting weaker haha.
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Haha I sure am trying.

Obviously not proof, but I would guess I am not getting weaker haha.
    And that's never a bad thing.

12. dude nice weight!!!

13. Quote Originally Posted by CaptHowdy5150 View Post
    And that's never a bad thing.
    Oh ya especially when I plan on getting STRONGER! I would guess my morning weight is about 227(we will see tomorrow). 585/227=2.58 times my bodyweight. A step in the right direction. As a bonus I will put up Mario's numbers. 455(easy enough)/200(guess)= 2.28.

Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    dude nice weight!!!
    Thanks man, it felt damn good to have to use 6 plates again. I cant lie it is awesome being a weight thief haha. Got quite a few looks today. The ELECT deadlifts were DAMN noisy haha. Basically 3 bouncing reps with a twist. The pumps were crazy, and this is day 10 of being depleted of carbs. It is ALMOST time to start using carbs as a drug. I can only imagine how this would be on cycle. Oh and I was amped up today. Nice and loud I bet people LOVE having me around haha.

14. Alright went ahead and checked my weight. Checked it without taking in any water or even coffee. Plus dropped a deuce right before I stepped on the scale. It read 225.4 pounds. I figure the day I first checked it I was holding about a pound from food and drink. So lets go 232 instead of 233. So 232-225.4= 6.6 round to 6.5 pounds. The guideline suggest 591 for my carb back load haha. Tomorrow it goes down! It will be chest and bicep day so I will be earning it.

Today I just did core so I figure I didnt do enough to warrant the big carb back load. I figure the first one should be a monster and adjust by how I feel from there. The food will be plentiful. Have a pizza that I will be making, and should be getting some kind of dessert tomorrow. Hopefully this weekend presents some opportunities to carb up.

Thinking about doing the core workout again on Saturday along with some arms. Because I tend to have decent meals on Saturdays. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday are a given as far as Carb Back Loads. Wednesday might have a mini back load.

15. HELLO T

subb'd in this mo'fo
    ...::: Olympus Labs Representative :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

16. Quote Originally Posted by runner_79
    HELLO T

subb'd in this mo'fo
    Welcome and glad you could join.

In case this got lost in all the typing. Tomorrow my carb back load will be 590 grams of carbs.

17. Holy Crap 500+ grams of carbs in 2 meals sounds rough!
    www.OrbitSupplements.com

18. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73
    Holy Crap 500+ grams of carbs in 2 meals sounds rough!
    Haha I thought that might get a little attention.

I will spread them out a little. Steady supply of high glycemic carbs to keep a the insulin spike u. Plus using leucine and creatine. Later I will be adding hydro whey.

19. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73
    Holy Crap 500+ grams of carbs in 2 meals sounds rough!
    I have enough trouble getting 250g down in a day can't even begin to imagine doubling that...damn bro.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/252210-greens-climb-top.html#post4548443

20. Quote Originally Posted by TurningGreen View Post
    I have enough trouble getting 250g down in a day can't even begin to imagine doubling that...damn bro.
    It will be a fun challenge that is for sure.

I think it is the reason for the "dirty" foods. Makes it so much easier to get in high glycemic carbs that cause the insulin spike NEEDED. Imagine how much potatoes, grapes, bananas, and what not it would take to get that kind of response. And remember I took a full pound off how much I lost. So it would have been 92 more grams of carbs.

Name:  2012-04-25_19-08-57_327.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  105.6 KB

A little something I had earlier. Also had a can of tuna(55g of protein) The red stuff is kimchi. Need to get more of it. Got a jar of it yesterday, and there is about a quarter left haha.

21. Ha! I went through a jar of Webbers Hot Texan Mustard in a day. It's amazing how much you rely on low or zero calorie condiments to keep the clean foods interesting. I think I could eat that stuff with a spoon LOL!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/252210-greens-climb-top.html#post4548443

22. Subb'd

Food looks amazing.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy

23. Quote Originally Posted by TurningGreen View Post
    Ha! I went through a jar of Webbers Hot Texan Mustard in a day. It's amazing how much you rely on low or zero calorie condiments to keep the clean foods interesting. I think I could eat that stuff with a spoon LOL!
    It isnt even the low calorie part. I just love some kimchi. Hadnt had it in so long and then saw it on the food list. But it hasnt been hurting flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    Subb'd

Food looks amazing.
    Just wait for the carb back loads. Good to have you in here.

24. I have heard of kimchi over and over again but don't know what exactly it is or what kind of flavor it has. Is it spicy?
    www.OrbitSupplements.com

25. I take it back in dirty calories I could easily hit 500, that is ONLY 10 Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pies!!!! I have gone through a box of those in a couple of hours during some of my old school recreational days. So I bet a lot of people use Lr3 on this diet during the back load. I know it would make it much easier to eat 500+ grams of carbs.
    www.OrbitSupplements.com

26. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    I take it back in dirty calories I could easily hit 500, that is ONLY 10 Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pies!!!! I have gone through a box of those in a couple of hours during some of my old school recreational days. So I bet a lot of people use Lr3 on this diet during the back load. I know it would make it much easier to eat 500+ grams of carbs.
    Recreational as in post blunt days.... ;-) I feel ya there!!!
    PEScience Representative

27. Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post
    Recreational as in post blunt days.... ;-) I feel ya there!!!
    Right, they used to sell a product her called Grub On... I think that was the name. I was always like why the hell would I take a pill for that. I can do my thing, get plenty hungry and not care that the world is going to sh!t all at the same time. Was better than xanax...

Man I can remember times I ate myself sick... Just scary.
    www.OrbitSupplements.com

28. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Right, they used to sell a product her called Grub On... I think that was the name. I was always like why the hell would I take a pill for that. I can do my thing, get plenty hungry and not care that the world is going to sh!t all at the same time. Was better than xanax...

Man I can remember times I ate myself sick... Just scary.
    Yep, I still take a trip down memory lane here and there! Keeps me grounded and is like a treat for all the damn hard work I put in!
    PEScience Representative

29. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73
    I have heard of kimchi over and over again but don't know what exactly it is or what kind of flavor it has. Is it spicy?
    kimchi is a sprout. im not sure from wat bean. but its real good boiled and then hott sauce.... a very watery vegetable. just salt is good to. you can normallybuy it by thelb at chinese distribution centers.

30. Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    kimchi is a sprout. im not sure from wat bean. but its real good boiled and then hott sauce.... a very watery vegetable. just salt is good to. you can normallybuy it by thelb at chinese distribution centers.
    Thanks, I will have to give it a shot sometime.
    www.OrbitSupplements.com

Similar Forum Threads

1. NutraPro - cake batter and cin bun
    By erokyrwrld in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 05:47 PM
  2. Rice Cake Pizzas
    By wophood in forum Recipes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-29-2009, 04:08 PM