You've Got Mail - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 7

You've Got Mail

Page 7 of 9 First ... 256789 Last
  1. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Don't get me wrong bro. You can do that sh*t. Not trying to dog ya or beat down on you. Don't let it get to you and keep on keeping on. Getting disheartened doesn't help, gotta keep a positive outlook. I'm impressed you have had that type of commitment to the gym, it shows character after all the crap you went through.
    The advice I give is just that... Advice, purely my opinion. Not medical advice

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DangerDave View Post
    Don't get me wrong bro. You can do that sh*t. Not trying to dog ya or beat down on you. Don't let it get to you and keep on keeping on. Getting disheartened doesn't help, gotta keep a positive outlook. I'm impressed you have had that type of commitment to the gym, it shows character after all the crap you went through.
    Your motivation is exactly what works for me. I prefer to get told that I can do it but i'm acting like a little bitch. My parents just try to force me to do things which makes me not want to do it. Bring on the tough love man, it works more than just nagging. As far as the gym goes that's on lock ha. One of the main reasons I want to get a job is just so I can get on a cycle and hit that beast mode all that much faster. Then again I probably wouldn't need to cycle until around a year in terms of the gains I'll probably regain and whatnot, but hell I've always cheated to get ahead lol
    I don't go lift, I don't go workout, I don't go train....I go get sexy....sexy as fwuark!!!!!!!!!
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

No real motivation today at all, I was set to hit the gym 6 hours yet I've sat here all day. I will get to the gym, I just think it's sad I've wasted 6 hours so far. Will be posting back with the update
    I don't go lift, I don't go workout, I don't go train....I go get sexy....sexy as fwuark!!!!!!!!!
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Get yo skinny azz in the gym lol.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Sir yes sir, but another project just came up that I have to get finished before I can do. I forgot about it all day haha

Scratch that, i'm leaving now. 321k youtube subscribers takes a long time to load up on my moms computer, cause I sure the hell not going to lag mine up like that
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.

Haha. Hows that job search going? You gunna go look tomorrow?
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Job search is all leads leads leads nothing coming through. I applied back at Circle K where I worked when I was 18 and hopefully they don't have on record that I was fired lol. I'm going with the location I worked at closed and since I didn't have an alcohol certification the closest store to me was too far of a drive so I just quit. That's if they hire me, I'm better than the people I see working there now, and talk about another easy ass job ha. Anyways I got my lazy ass to the gym and cranked out a pretty good workout full of some form breakdown on the DL's XD

Lower B
    Deadlift 255/265/275 +10/20/30 *275x2, last rep = EPIC BACK ROUNDING, had a huge lower back pump and can feel the mid spine worn right now*
    Leg Press 450 +90 *5 plates I think I could of added another plate but whatever*
    Standing Calf Raise Wuteva *exactly how I wrote it in my book, I did just a bunch of reps at random weights but all over 270*
    Leg Raises 3x10 *last set with 5lb DB*

Getting strong, not sure if i'll be able to take the progress pics today but weight is definitely fluctuating between 174-178 so I'm up at least 4 pounds. Not sure if I'll notice anything in a 3 week progress picture, but if I do it every 3 weeks, that's going to make a hell of a transformation video!
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Meh, I gotta get going but I figured lets get this **** done! I got the progress photos uploading right now as I type. First 3 weeks is on page 7 and I'll make a link for that too:

Week 3 Progress Pictures

So digging the traps right now and also happy week 6 is completed! Now for Phase 3 which is going to be full body workouts with a day to focus on what I feel is lagging. Right now I'd say my chest is in need to blow up. Any suggestions? I also had leg pictures but they looked dumb as hell
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Your strength is definitely looking good compared to where you were when this started man! Keep it up bro! Traps are looking pretty ripped btw!
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Thanks bro, last night I thought that my abs were like they used to be and told my friend to hit me, what a mistake. Haha for like the first time taking a gut shot actually hurt lol. Last nights workout seriously drained me. I slept until 3 today and still didn't want to get up, that's the workout I was searching for. So happy I get to just hit 3x10 the next 3 weeks
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.

Looking good man.. no homo. Live is right strength is looking good. Your building some noticeable definition from what I see and those traps are getting shredded! Keep it up... and good work burning yourself in the gym!
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Thanks for the compliments guys. Here's a little rundown of the strength increases throughout the last 3 weeks, basically Phase 2 increases:

Upper A
    Bench Press (115-140) +25
    Bent Over Row (155-115) -40 *refocusing on proper form*
    Military Press (75-85) +10
    BB Shrug (255-255) +0 *could do more if picked up from the rack*
    Close Grip Bench (100-125) +25
    BB Curl (60-70) +10

Lower A
    Squats (200-225) +25
    Stiff Leg Deadlift (225-245) +20
    Seated Calf Raise (135-180) +45

Upper B
    Incline Press (105) *no increse due to doing DB's last week*
    Pull-Up (BW) *rep increase*
    DB Shoulder Press (30-40) +10
    DB Shrug (80-85) +5 *should of grabbed 90*
    Skull Crusher (55-65) +10
    DB Curl (30-35) +5

Lower B
    Deadlift (225-275) +50
    Leg Press (360-450) +90
    Standing Calf Raise (100-450) *wuteva these don't count XD*

It's pretty nice being able to add weight every workout. The last weeks numbers are a little different cause I still reped the same amount as when I was doing week 5 and could of kept going. I know I won't be able to use these weights on 3x10 during this last phase of my program but it will definitely be higher than Phase 1's 6-10 rep scheme I should hope. I'll be back later on with updates on the workout and how Phase 3 is feeling
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Let me just make this clear right now, like right now! I DO NOT WANT TO GO TO THE GYM TODAY AT ALL, now that you know that I'm leaving now to go to they gym
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by xigotmailx
    Let me just make this clear right now, like right now! I DO NOT WANT TO GO TO THE GYM TODAY AT ALL, now that you know that I'm leaving now to go to they gym
    You beatch! You better get your lazy ass in dat gym and pick heavy sh*t up then put it down.... repeatedly! Haha
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  181 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by DangerDave

You beatch! You better get your lazy ass in dat gym and pick heavy sh*t up then put it down.... repeatedly! Haha
    Ditto
    It is not the kind of car you drive. It is whether you can flip it.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

2 hour workouts, this full body thing is nuts. I'm warming up too much and I know this, I shouldn't take 2 hours for a 2 set scheme even though there are 9 separate lifts. I could feel my lower back stress from last Friday, my right elbow is feeling sore from the dam armbar snap a while ago, and my right shoulder is forward to my left one which is why my traps are uneven. I also caught myself being a ***** a big stinking little wah wah PU$$Y!!!! In that sense, I totally said I caught myself doing this, I did flick myself in the head to get that crap out and still made gains everywhere AHA!

Whole Body A: 2 x 4-6 Rest = 2 minutes
    Quad - Squats 230 +5
    Ham - Stiff Leg Deadlift 250 +5
    Calf - Seated Calf Raise 205 *EPIC FAIL!!!! so 135 after the stress of 205 on the ankles*
    Chest - Bench Press 145 +5 *3x3 set/rep*
    Back - Bent Over Row 125 +10 *form is fixed*
    Delt - Military Press 90 +5 *used to be a tough lift for me*
    Trap - BB Shrug 275 +30 *I almost went for 245 and then called myself a ******
    Tri's - Skull Crushers 70 +5
    Bi's - BB Curl 80 +10

So seated calf raise = fail, 205 on there and the last I just couldn't pop it over the little nub on the handle, ended up staying in a neutral position, not stretched *obviously not raised* just holding it there for a good 30 seconds before I look over to this guy and just hey can you help me out here, i'm kinda ****ed right here. Thankfully he helps me out and my ankles were SCREAMING at me for that. No way to really bail out of that machine
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Using the rotation I suggested? Full body days make for a hell of a pump!
    PES Representative
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

This is Phase 3 of the program, all outlined on the first page on the second post. What I did however decide after thinking about it, I'm going to switch up the workouts in terms of rep range. As in today was Workout A at 2 x 5 is what I aimed for, next week though on Workout A I'll perform 2 x 8 and then 2 x 12 on week 3. I figure that will probably make things even out a bit better than just doing 2 x 5 on Workout A constantly, so all of my lifts get to experience the high rep/low reps throughout the 3 weeks for sure. As for the pump, I actually didn't really feel a pump all that much during this day, but I was going heavy with low reps too. I always feel a bicep pump when doing curls, but it's always much more so in the right bi than the left, am I favoring the right side too much?

EDIT:
    Just ate a steak, now i'm going to bed
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Today's the day off, glad I'm posting this cause it reminded me to take my supps. Full body workout really took a ton out of me, I slept forever today haha
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

I don't know whats going on with me right now, I'm not motivated to go to the gym at all. I've been staying up later and later, went to bed at 6am this morning and didn't wake up till 6pm. At least i'm getting my rest in for building the muscle....ha. These full body days really have taken a lot out of me, and I've only done one day so far. I'll get my sad ass to the gym even though I'm feeling drained to all hell. I don't think i've been so drained from a workout since starting up again. Weight is 171 so I think I've found a maintenance diet that is keeping me right around the same weight. Oh well, time to quit being a little bitch and get to the gym, should leave in about an hour I believe
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

I feel much better after going to the gym, it didn't take 2 hours this time just 1. I did only 2 warmup sets and I think that helped in terms of being able to get finished faster. What the hell does it mean when my muscle twitches? After working out recently my right bicep has been twitching every now and then. Answer please, I'll also google that **** lol.

Whole Body B: 2 x 8 Rest = 90 seconds
    Quad - Leg Press 360 *should of done more*
    Ham - Lying Leg Curl 95 *never done before*
    Calf - Standing Calf Raise 270 *on leg press*
    Chest - Incline Press 105 +10
    Back - Pull-Up BW *10/8*
    Delt - DB Side Lateral 20 +5
    Trap - DB Shrug 75
    Tri's - Close Grip Bench 105 +10
    Bi's - DB Curl 30 +5

Good workout, the numbers for increase is from Phase 1 when I was repping in this range
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Love the going to gym drained, coming out pumped and rejuvenated feeling!
    PES Representative
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Nothing better than that feeling for real! Sometimes I feel I have more energy out of the gym than when I went in. I found out the arm twitch is lack of potassium plus of course being worn down and tired. I'll just get down on a banana and see if it goes away
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Comparing the last couple of days, it looks like my weight has leveled off right around 171 for now, which I guess is cool. I really didn't expect what I was eating to be maintenance but looks like it is. I have though been eating more and more so maybe I'm leveling it off. I feel like I might be having some joint issues, my right elbow *from the armbar* gets a little pain in it when I'm just laying around and my left shoulder pops all the time *from a baseball injury*, as well as my knees feel tender after squats *I did go heavy monday and that's when they hurt* . Meh, I'm just bitching about some pain.

As for the job hunt, it's getting to me bad all these crap interviews that end up going no where. I think I may have to look into my last resort, which has always been the plan for a fallback since I was younger, which is the military. I'll definitely need to get a criminal waiver signed and hopefully get in or i'll be pissed some more. I've done the research and I'm just at the limit I guess for bad marks on my record to be accepted. Either I'm at the last one or i'm at the point where I can't, guess I just have to see where it goes. I'm sure with a high score on the ASVAB that may be looked past as well as I do have 2 years in JROTC when I was in HS. I'll just suck it up and head there tomorrow. Only thing I'm not looking foward to is running...dam cardio XD
  25. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.

MARINE CORPS!! do it man best time you will ever have! Afghan deployments are slowing and now its MEU deployments (marine expiditionary unit) and you sit on a ship for 7+ months lift weights and get tanked in 20+ countries and f*con their women lol. The most fun you can have... legally
  26. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

The Corps is downsizing heavily so your criminal record has a very good chance of disqualifying you.

Obviously talking to a recruiter would be the best bet to find out what your options and chances are.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

That's true, possibly having the background in MCJROTC would help out a bit, and I know that I can easily prove that I am "rehabilitated" in terms of what I was caught for. I know that the Major and 1st Sergeant would vouch for me if I was to go enlist in the Corp. I've been thinking about being in the military for the longest time and I think that I should just do it. So many times i've thought about heading over to the recruiters office and enlisting but never have. The only thing is that I'll lose this amazing girl that I've been talking to, but then again who needs 1 amazing girl when you can bang hundreds of girls around the world...RIGHT!.

EDIT:
    Just looked at their requirements for passing the IST *Initial Strength Test*, 2 pullups....44 crunches in 2 minutes...1.5 mile run in 13:30. Maybe the running would be the only thing, but **** that's not hard to train for hahahahaha. SERIOUSLY THOUGH, 2 PULLUPS????? WTF
  28. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT
    The Corps is downsizing heavily so your criminal record has a very good chance of disqualifying you.

Obviously talking to a recruiter would be the best bet to find out what your options and chances are.
    Its true but what they are doing is making it harder to reenlist and trying to thin the middle to higher ranks. Recruiting doesn't necessarily slow down much... it does but not as much as they would want you to think. The attrition rate is still high through the 1st 6 months.
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Went to the gym because I had nothing else to do, wish I would of ate something I feel kinda sick now but whatever I'll just eat now. Pretty good workout, really pissed I couldn't do rack deads and wasn't going to wait around for the dam rack to be opened, should of just done normal deads but I just thought of that now:

Whole Body C: 2 x 10-12 Rest = 30 seconds
    Quad - Leg Extension 130
    Ham - Seated Leg Curl 130
    Calf - Calf Raise Machine 115
    Chest - Decline Press 95
    Back - Rack Deadlift
    Delt - Cable Lateral 10
    Trap - Low-pulley High Row 45
    Tri's - Tricep Pressdown 40
    Bi's - Cable Curl 25

Never used the cables before and talk about a crazy pump. My arms felt like exploding lol, I liked the high row too, could really feel it in my traps! I guess i'm done for the week, but will go and hit the weak point training tomorrow and throw in the rack deads then. Not too sure on where my weak point is, everything is progressing relatively fast and equally. I guess i'll just go flex in the mirror tomorrow and curl 10's for an hour XD

EDIT:
    I'm getting blood in my nose, I don't know what it could be from...scary!
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Dam talk about the longest it's been for me to update this. I've been feeling pretty ****ty lately, more and more so everyday. Seems like everything I do has no passion behind it and life is really bland. I didn't get to the gym yesterday or even try to attempt to go, but I only have 4 workouts to do a week and like to go consecutively more so. I'll for sure get my ass to the gym tonight, at least there is one thing going right for me.
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Whole Body A: 2 x 8 Rest = 90 seconds
    Quad - Squats 155
    Ham - Stiff Leg Deadlift 235
    Calf - Seated Calf Raise 135
    Chest - Flat Press 135
    Back - Bent Over Row 115
    Delt - Military Press 80
    Trap - BB Shrug 225
    Tri's - Close Grip Bench 115
    Bi's - BB Curl 60

****ty workout IMO, I wasn't feeling it at all and constantly felt like throwing up after every set. Squats was actually my last lift and I'm still pushing myself and catching my balls trying to run away. I wanted to do 135 and leave, I put 155 and called that a mutual allowance of pussing out and ****ing myself up trying 185...which I could of done if I tried. Numbers are skewed due to last workout a being a 2x5 instead of 2x8 like this one.
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Today at 6:30 I have an interview to be the personal assistant to a personal trainer haha. This job better not fail me, seems like the dam easiest thing ever. Answer calls, set up the schedule and workout plans! Tell me something to do that I don't do everyday myself lol. My fingers are crossed so hard they might as well just break right now. This job = top of the world! If not, tomorrow i'm off to fast food restaurants...lol
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Good luck bro! Seems like a good oppurtunity!
    PES Representative
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Thanks bro, I have all of my friends pulling for me, cause they know how much of a bitch it's been for me to get a job. Watch this be like all of the other ones where you get offered the job and retracted after the background check. It is this ladies company so I'm sure it will be at her discretion, I can only hope that there is no background check. I'm down for a drug test lol, but background check = fail

EDIT:
    Between writing this and now, I've lined up 2 more interviews but I'm still hoping this one is the ticket for sure. One is a chiropractic office and the other is one of those work placement companies
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  181 lbs.

Good luck, man.
    It is not the kind of car you drive. It is whether you can flip it.
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

The interview ended being a group preliminary interview which I was outclassed in terms of how it went down. Like 7 questions to each person and it seriously went in order of being the best person to the worst out of 4 I was 3rd to go. The only thing I had going for me is my background with the NASM cert test as well as having an entire way to open revenue up for her through another means online. We'll see either tomorrow or Friday as to if I get chosen for the second one on one interview, maybe even be hired through the sort of online part of her company if she wants that. I got another interview Friday, but its another ***gy group interview and a lead for this place doing like road signs lol. Anyways, I'm finally starting to fatigue at the end of my workouts now, but here are the numbers:

Whole Body B: 2 x 12 Rest = 60 seconds
    Quad - Leg Press 360 *FWAURK these were pushing it hard today to hit the 12 reps, when last week I also did 360x8*
    Ham - Lying Leg Curl 80
    Calf - Standing Calf Raise 180 *2x20+*
    Chest - Incline Press 95 *same as 2x8*
    Back - Pull-Up -30 *8 unassisted*
    Delt - DB Side Lateral 15
    Trap - DB Shrug 80 +5
    Tri's - Skull Crusher 50 *this is where I started getting tired*
    Bi's - DB Curl 25 *didn't even wanna do 25's I was so beat*

Once I hit the last couple lifts I feel like throwing up pretty bad and burp pretty constantly. Although I added in a couple other lifts I had cheated myself on last Friday as well as yesterday, so I made those up, adding in 3 other lifts. Rack Deads, Seated Calf, and BB Shrugs, could add into the lethargy on the last lifts. Also could be my diet as well, it's pretty ****ty right now. I can't share my dam food with my parents because the $200 I get for food is enough for me and me alone.
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

According to to this site on fitness testing and weightlifting performance standards in the closing of 8 weeks of working out, I hit the "novice" rank on all of the main compound movements list. I remember looking at this thing when I first started lifting a while ago and thinking how weak I was not even being able to complete the "untrained" persons numbers. It's nice to see that i'm progressing so fast, just gotta hate that looking in the mirror everyday and not "seeing" the results. I had to look at my old pictures and the ones from week 3 that I have noticed some gains. Doing pretty well in terms of being able to maintain my body weight throughout the last 8 weeks and will probably maintain that for a while longer too. I don't care about how much I weigh just how I look, certified man dime coming up lol. Be back later with workout numbers
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

FFUUUUAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRKKKKKKK YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHHHHHH H...possibly pussed out though Needless to say I feel like a badass personally lol.

Whole Body C: 2 x 6 Rest = 120 seconds
    Quad - Leg Extension 205
    Ham - Seated Leg Curl 175
    Calf - Calf Machine Raise 130
    Chest - Decline Press 135 *I just kept being able to lift heavier and heavier and probably could of added*
    Back - Rack Deadlift ....wait for it...you missed it probably...nah here it is...365 *Probs could of hit 4 plates, but I think I pussed*
    Delt - Cable Lateral 15
    Trap - Low-pulley High Row 140
    Tri's - Tricep Pressdown 70
    Bi's - Cable Curl 50

Idk, felt insanely strong today like EPIC. I didn't get tired at all and after pulling that 365 RackDL I had a huge as smile on my face and right now I still feel like I should of never left the gym ha. I've learned from the past though don't push past what you've set for yourself and I mean my plan was made by me for me sooooo I tend to listen to myself more than others I'd say. Yes yes yes, just like the older posts where I would ramble on forever after my workouts....this is it happening again lol. FUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKKKK YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Still pretty stoked about the rack deads last night, kinda just want to go in there and pull 4 plates today but i'm done for the week. I've found these long periods between the workouts is really giving my body a great amount of rest and gives me much more strength than spreading the workouts apart. 4 days off, 3 days on = awesome for me right now. I'm heading out the door now to go look for a job, i'll be stopping just about damn near everywhere and filling out apps. Hopefully a miracle will happen and get a hired on the spot! Wish me luck my brothas!!!
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

what are your main four maxes?
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/198788-highschool-athlete-thread.html
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Look what came in the mail!
    By fightbackhxc in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-17-2011, 10:05 AM
  2. Do not call/e-mail/mail govt listing
    By Alpha Dog in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-02-2003, 08:56 PM