Road to a lean redemption

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
THANK YOU TO SCOTTY DOC FROM FINAFLEX FOR AN OPPORTUNITY TO LOG PRO XT-500.
first impressions: SCHMICK looking bottle. Clean, concise and easy to read.
Thanks for the sample of G8. Will be using tonight. Need a good sleep before HIIT and Legs tomorrow at 7am.

I have started my training.
I finally got some under the hood bio markers done through a bio sig.
Cortisol at umbilical is #1
Estrogen @ Upper hamstring #2
Estrogen @ triceps #3
Cortisol @ calves #4 related to sleep.
Weight 79kg Height 179cm Bf 14%

Makes me upset but motivates me Skinny fat syndrome

Training,: functional hypertrophy weeks 1-4.
Fat loss 4-8

Supps: betaine HCL, ubermag, uberzinc, fish oils, whey isolate, fish oils
Ancillary Supps: Pro XT-500 drive, Cordygen v02, green tea extract, revamp, bullet proof for test boosting. Goals Less than 10% and same weight if not maybe 77-78kg.

Diet: Paleo. Wholefoods where possible- 3-4 meals a day... After taking out dairy for 30 days, I may able to add some back in which isnt too bad. Thoughts? Anyone and everyone, sub in and join my quest...peer support is needed Thanks

Last edited:
CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks man!!!
Do you know how to load up spreadsheets for my training?
Hmm. Not sure. You might have to make it into a PDF or jpeg first an upload it as an image.
Never tried though.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Will check it out.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Also wondering if adding in cardio and what types and when, I can use to make sure I add zilch fat and it's all LBM gained and fat loss???

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also wondering if adding in cardio and what types and when, I can use to make sure I add zilch fat and it's all LBM gained and fat loss???
I'd stick to what your trainer lined up for you so you don't over train or haphazardly add stuff that might hinder your gains, in muscle and fat loss. :)

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
He said HIIT but did not Prescribe duration or when...will speak with him

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Hormone

Skin Fold

Occurrence

Cortisol

Umbilic

Excessive fat gain in belly region, disrupted sleep pattern

Insulin

Suprailliac, Subscrapular

Excessive fat gain in love handles and on the upper back

Estrogen

Quadraceps, Hamstrings

Excessive fat gain in hips and legs

Testosterone

Pectoral, Tricep

Androgen imbalance, accumulated fat in chest area for men

Growth Hormone

Knee, Calf

Reflects sleep patterns and overall fat loss

Thyroid

Mid-auxillary

Function of thyroid, accumulated fat 8 inches below armpit

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
week2.jpg

The weights are for each dumbell. so 22.5kg is 50 odd lbs for each arm

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Energy: feeling good. Getting slightly hungry still.
I feel I could use the lunch time dose as I start to get a little tired.
Good thing about it is I feel it is helping me EAT CLEANER paleo. Eg. Choice of raw nuts over roasting my nuts and adding honey.

The breathing has also become better. Theophylline aids in bronchioles relaxation. Enjoying this much better. Best of all, no crash!!!
I had the best sleep the other night after the serve of G8.

Pro XT + G8 = sleep, growth, burn fat...

Will upload workouts tomorrow

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
week2.jpg

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
week2.jpg

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Today:
Arm workout was great. That swelling feeling is crazy...how to increase this "pump" all over is what i want to achieve. So good.

Schedule:
Wake up 5:15am: 1x Pro XT-500, 3 drive, 1 anabeta
30mins prior to training: 2 alphaburn, 1 (200mg) ALA. Sip on 1 scoop of Monster aminos 8:1:1 with added citrulline and LCLT 10mins prior to training and finish by end of weights.
6:45am Training: today was arms (see above pic)
7:35am HIIT 15 mins @ 2min 10km/hr, 30 secs at 25km/h repeat 6 cycles + 10mins Steady state for 2.5km (yes i do 2.5km in 10mins-quiet easily)
Brekky: 8:45am 180g chicken breast, 200g mixed veggies + organic wholegrain mustard

30mins prior to lunch: 1x Pro XT 500 @12:30pm
1:00pm Lunch: stir fry organic chicken and mixed veggies with lots of greens (gluten free etc etc etc)

Dinner: free range chicken + 150g broccoli + 100g pumpkin + 4.5oz raw nuts

@ each meal i take 2x Betaine HCL (poliquin), 2uberMag (poliquin) and 4 Uberzinc (poliquin)

Any added suggestion, please throw my way...i am dairy intolerant, gluten and wheat intolerant and also, i do like beans and lentils

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great start, like the detail and your training and diet seem to be well thought out. Cardio... I would suggest short intense, fasted morning cardio and or after workout no more than 20-30 minutes as needed. Your diet will get most of the work done.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
diet is pretty much lean protein and veggies. Hopefully all that glycolytic training wont dig you too far in the ground. At least now you got someone working with you though. Someone who knows this program. :D
I wish you the best!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
diet is pretty much lean protein and veggies. Hopefully all that glycolytic training wont dig you too far in the ground. At least now you got someone working with you though. Someone who knows this program. :D
I wish you the best!
He should be ok if he gets enough fats...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
fats seem pretty low though... 4.5 oz of nuts. Those free range chickens thighs? Or breast?
Yah you could be riight, I'd have to see the exact breakdown. There is about 72 grams of fat in the nuts though. It's all about the ratio of caloties that is close to 650 cals right ther so he may be ok.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
fats seem pretty low though... 4.5 oz of nuts. Those free range chickens thighs? Or breast?
Breasts. I usually eat kangaroo for breakfast but time wise this morning didn't let me. I bought a cooked free range chook and ate the breast with veggies for brekky.

I like my nuts but need to Learn to move away from them and use avacado and more olive oil due to omega 6s.

Eggs, I have built a slight intolerance to them. Too many whites.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Yah you could be riight, I'd have to see the exact breakdown. There is about 72 grams of fat in the nuts though. It's all about the ratio of caloties that is close to 650 cals right ther so he may be ok.
Correct DW.
Plus natural fats from meat. All meat is free range fowl, fish and grass fed/wild beef+kangaroo

Cardio is AFTER weights.
I get the GH production from training fasted+the freeing of fatty acids from the GH production, HIIT will hopefully torch them fatty acids, and the steady state takes care of any left over free fatty acids. Triple BOOM!

My veggies are broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, pumpkin.
Salads at lunch are just like a big salad Robb Wolf and Mark Sisson promote without pine nuts and olives.

Want a lean machine body! Time to stop worrying so much on Supps,use the basics, plus a few extra helpers and yeah.i just need to get some erase for estrogen and my stack is spot on for me.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Tomorrow is shoulders and abs.my weak point.

Will be weights followed by 15min HIIT and 15 mins steady state.
Will post up workouts tomorrow.

Any gluten free,dairy free, wheat free paleo snacks to eat to maintain Amino flow? Or is that counter productive to fat loss?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tomorrow is shoulders and abs.my weak point.

Will be weights followed by 15min HIIT and 15 mins steady state.
Will post up workouts tomorrow.

Any gluten free,dairy free, wheat free paleo snacks to eat to maintain Amino flow? Or is that counter productive to fat loss?
You can snack as much as you want as long as you remain within the parameters of your planned intake.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks man!!!
Do you know how to load up spreadsheets for my training?
Talk to Chris (aka. MrKleen73) he would know how to do it, seriously, not to mention he is a great guy and a good person to be following your LOG, very nice and very helpful, if you don't already know him, get to know him, definitely worth it!!!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am SUB'd for Shizzle-Dizzle... Yo!!!

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Talk to Chris (aka. MrKleen73) he would know how to do it, seriously, not to mention he is a great guy and a good person to be following your LOG, very nice and very helpful, if you don't already know him, get to know him, definitely worth it!!!
All sorted bro.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
So been going with this training for 2 weeks now. Although my numbers are getting better, I don't see a physical change.2 weeks is a short Period but busting balls warrants a reward?
Cracking skulls with XT-500, it's damn impressive.

Food may be the problem.
180g protein per day, ~80g fats mostly from nuts, and only greens for carbs (200g a sitting of veggies minimum).

Am I doing something wrong?not worried about scale, mirror....I don't see any changes.
This is the ONLY thing this disheartens me with training. Lack of evidence in results department for physique.
Want the lean look, not soft. Help?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So been going with this training for 2 weeks now. Although my numbers are getting better, I don't see a physical change.2 weeks is a short Period but busting balls warrants a reward?
Cracking skulls with XT-500, it's damn impressive.

Food may be the problem.
180g protein per day, ~80g fats mostly from nuts, and only greens for carbs (200g a sitting of veggies minimum).

Am I doing something wrong?not worried about scale, mirror....I don't see any changes.
This is the ONLY thing this disheartens me with training. Lack of evidence in results department for physique.
Want the lean look, not soft. Help?
Sounds like you're a bit energized :)

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
- Damn, I got to this party late, now you are gonna have to show me how to put those excel spreadsheet style in here???

- Do you really eat Kangaroo? If so what does it taste like/compare to?

- I'm not knocking it or doubting it, I've had Ostrich and it is damn good!

- Loving the Log, extremely detailed... me Likey!!! :cool3:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn, I got to this party late, now you are gonna have to show me how to put those excel spreadsheet style in here???
Do you really eat Kangaroo? If so what does it taste like/compare to?
I'm not knocking it or doubting it, I've had Ostrich and it is damn good!
I used knaw on Emu jerky .. a tad dry but not bad...

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
doc, what I did is fill in my numbers on excel, copy that into Microsoft paint(assuming u use windows) and save as .jpg to desktop, go to bottom to reply to thread and then add image and search pc and upload it. Self taught.

Kangaroo is delisch!!!!
Mix it with some organic coconut milk and pumpkin with red curry paste and spices. Add broccoli and that's brekky. I do it with beef too.
Chicken is grilled.

Snack are hard. I don't wanna eat too much or not enough...wanna cut up at a desirable rate but would like some
Progress. I think I may get my gf to add up pics to encourage me...
I am definitely stronger. Arms have grown and chest is tighter especially around the upper wider area of pecs towards biceps.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
week 2.jpg

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
doc, what I did is fill in my numbers on excel, copy that into Microsoft paint(assuming u use windows) and save as .jpg to desktop, go to bottom to reply to thread and then add image and search pc and upload it. Self taught.

Kangaroo is delisch!!!!
Mix it with some organic coconut milk and pumpkin with red curry paste and spices. Add broccoli and that's brekky. I do it with beef too.
Chicken is grilled.

Snack are hard. I don't wanna eat too much or not enough...wanna cut up at a desirable rate but would like some
Progress. I think I may get my gf to add up pics to encourage me...
I am definitely stronger. Arms have grown and chest is tighter especially around the upper wider area of pecs towards biceps.
Are you calculating your intake at a place like www.fitday.com that way you can always be sure ...

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I usually go off how my body feels but guess I need to now...
Calculators can be a bit fussy! And not always accurate.

Food from yesterday: off day. Shoulders and abs were destroyed from Friday.

Breakfast: 250g grass fed beef (minus water from meat) with turmeric,chilli,garlic spices. 60g pumpkin, 1/2 tablespoon paleo red curry paste, 2 tablespoon coconut milk, 6 almonds.

Snack: 2scoop wpi sludge with water (frozen to look like icecream) +4 cashews and 1tbspoon coconut milk

Lunch: same as brekky but 200g broccoli added

Dinner: gluten free soy free Thai stir fry chicken and chilli mixed vegetables + 80g almonds (40g fat)

Food cravings are gone for sweets. No desire for them ever anymore.
Enjoying this. Off to gym now, will post training and cardio up later today.
Torso today. Try and knock off 5km under 20mins too.

If priming to build muscle, burn fat,is it "necessary" to eat carbs post workout?
I am dipping into glycogen stores because I get that lactic acid and burn.
I understand carbs post workout are good to manipulate cortisol and reduce the stress, and I would eat them within the hour?usuallly after 30mins to keep GH prolonged. Is there sense to this?

Carbs are a non essential macronutrient but want to use them to lose fat. Caloric deficit is required. Rule of thumb to calculate intake per day is 10xBW and then by a multiplying factor for activity?if so what activity would I be?training 5 days a week doing what I log?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I usually go off how my body feels but guess I need to now...
Calculators can be a bit fussy! And not always accurate.

Food from yesterday: off day. Shoulders and abs were destroyed from Friday.

Breakfast: 250g grass fed beef (minus water from meat) with turmeric,chilli,garlic spices. 60g pumpkin, 1/2 tablespoon paleo red curry paste, 2 tablespoon coconut milk, 6 almonds.

Snack: 2scoop wpi sludge with water (frozen to look like icecream) +4 cashews and 1tbspoon coconut milk

Lunch: same as brekky but 200g broccoli added

Dinner: gluten free soy free Thai stir fry chicken and chilli mixed vegetables + 80g almonds (40g fat)

Food cravings are gone for sweets. No desire for them ever anymore.
Enjoying this. Off to gym now, will post training and cardio up later today.
Torso today. Try and knock off 5km under 20mins too.

If priming to build muscle, burn fat,is it "necessary" to eat carbs post workout?
I am dipping into glycogen stores because I get that lactic acid and burn.
I understand carbs post workout are good to manipulate cortisol and reduce the stress, and I would eat them within the hour?usuallly after 30mins to keep GH prolonged. Is there sense to this?

Carbs are a non essential macronutrient but want to use them to lose fat. Caloric deficit is required. Rule of thumb to calculate intake per day is 10xBW and then by a multiplying factor for activity?if so what activity would I be?training 5 days a week doing what I log?
There is a factor but I find differs for body type ... well of course it does. Activity level as well. I have a pretty slow metabolism and can lose fat at between 2400 and 2700 cals ed but that depends on how much activity I use and dieting style. Lean gains I can eat more on average.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
There is a factor but I find differs for body type ... well of course it does. Activity level as well. I have a pretty slow metabolism and can lose fat at between 2400 and 2700 cals ed but that depends on how much activity I use and dieting style. Lean gains I can eat more on average.
LG is definitely a good option. But how an I apply it to a 6:45am session at breakfast by 8:45am?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Great start, like the detail and your training and diet seem to be well thought out. Cardio... I would suggest short intense, fasted morning cardio and or after workout no more than 20-30 minutes as needed. Your diet will get most of the work done.
Diet over cardio?

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Diet over cardio?
Yep...you can't outrun your mouth Azza.

Diet (which is why I'm asking help for) is key to this program. Lots of lean meat, good fats. Stealing away from all nut sources using more coconut milk and oil and using avocados. Pumpkin as my main carb source. 100g at 6g carbs is insanely Good. Lots to eat.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Yep...you can't outrun your mouth Azza.

Diet (which is why I'm asking help for) is key to this program. Lots of lean meat, good fats. Stealing away from all nut sources using more coconut milk and oil and using avocados. Pumpkin as my main carb source. 100g at 6g carbs is insanely Good. Lots to eat.
Keep up the good work.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
week3.jpg

Total calories for today with breakdown are as follows:
Intake 1783
Cardio expenditure: 400kcal in 21minutes.
Weight Expenditure: Calculable possibly but the effect it has on EPOC is quite difficult.

Net yield without weights taken into consideration, is 1383 with a deficit of 533.

Cliff Notes:
Energy is good. Training intensity is there!
Body is quite good at using fat as a source. The running has really improved with this training. Longer times to exhaustion at near aerobic threshold. HR is getting up at 180bpm on average.

Calves, well...thats a different story, running in my vibrams. They are rock hard calves, but tender hahaha..
On my run, i wanted to turn back, but something kicked in. Like, lets keep going. Never has happened. Was very zoned in and wanted to finish the run at all costs. What drove me to run after a hard Torso day, was ??? surely this is not a supplement effect and placebo can suck my balls cause it wasn't that.
I felt strong, and powerful with my strides, and my chest was opened up quite nicely.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1800 calories sounds a bit low to me considering your weight training session would likely be about 700 to 900 calories burned and then you're 400 cals from cardio. Just don't go too low and kill your metabolism. You would definitely have to put a refeed day in there to keep it going at that level.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
1800 calories sounds a bit low to me considering your weight training session would likely be about 700 to 900 calories burned and then you're 400 cals from cardio. Just don't go too low and kill your metabolism. You would definitely have to put a refeed day in there to keep it going at that level.
Maybe drop fats and add in more potato or pumpkin?
I don't feel full but don't feel empty. It's just about ok with eating, but give it an hour and I'm hungry again.
I have legs today, so that's a refeed in itself.
Legs and running today...arms tomorrow...let's pump it out

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
CARB, PROTEIN, FAT CALCULATOR

Calories per day
(calculate daily calories here)

Common Diet Ratios
Carbohydrate % 35
Protein %40
Fat % 25

Meals per day :4-5

RESULTS - AMOUNT OF NUTRIENT REQUIRED
CARBOHYDRATE 118g
PROTEIN 190g
FAT GRAMS per day 73g

Kcal =1900....

Fat per meal? Is that fat in lean meats negligible or add that in?
Carb manipulation? Post workout ONLY?
So confused as HOW to lose fat with my breakdown...
Anybody shed some meal planning advice

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
week3.jpg

felt good at gym...
I had to train this afternoon. Sh!t sleep...problem with the girlfriend... but gym calmed me today...so glad i didn't procrastinate and not go and say, ahhh ill do it tomorrow.
ALSO, got my run in...5.15km 20minutes 38seconds. lovin it...
Tomorrow is ARMS day and they best day cause it is best pump!!!
Supps are definitely helping me. Pro XT-500 is just JUST NICELY. Starting to feel the appetite suppression now.
Hunger is being staved off longer, and im never that hungry in the first place. Just wanna nail down ratios optimal to stoke the furnace and prime the pump for fat loss and muscle gain.
My only supps now are my staples, PRO-XT and cordygen v02+cre-02+beta alanine+cit mal+LCLT
TIME TO SEE WHAT THIS BABY HAS IN STORE FOR ME BY ITSELF.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe drop fats and add in more potato or pumpkin?
I don't feel full but don't feel empty. It's just about ok with eating, but give it an hour and I'm hungry again.
I have legs today, so that's a refeed in itself.
Legs and running today...arms tomorrow...let's pump it out
Don't drop fats, fats and protreins will stick with you longer. You could actually go 40 30 30 and increase fats a bit...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
CARB, PROTEIN, FAT CALCULATOR

Calories per day
(calculate daily calories here)

Common Diet Ratios
Carbohydrate % 35
Protein %40
Fat % 25

Meals per day :4-5

RESULTS - AMOUNT OF NUTRIENT REQUIRED
CARBOHYDRATE 118g
PROTEIN 190g
FAT GRAMS per day 73g

Kcal =1900....

Fat per meal? Is that fat in lean meats negligible or add that in?
Carb manipulation? Post workout ONLY?
So confused as HOW to lose fat with my breakdown...
Anybody shed some meal planning advice
Don't overthink it, there is no magic formula just to 40 30 30 like I said and get the intake up a tad like 2100 cals ed throw in a 3500 calorie refeed day once a week with higher carbs say 50%... and yes you count everything you eat.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Don't overthink it, there is no magic formula just to 40 30 30 like I said and get the intake up a tad like 2100 cals ed throw in a 3500 calorie refeed day once a week with higher carbs say 50%... and yes you count everything you eat.
Easiest way i think i CAN approach it is, meet my protein requirements of at least 1g/lb BW, fats at .45g per/lb and rest from greens and a nice chunk of Sweet potato with no fat post workout.

which brings me to next question. Olive oil or coconut oil?

cutting ALL WHEY and NUTS tomorrow.