Road to a lean redemption - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Road to a lean redemption

Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last
  1. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by runner_79

Yep...you can't outrun your mouth Azza.

Diet (which is why I'm asking help for) is key to this program. Lots of lean meat, good fats. Stealing away from all nut sources using more coconut milk and oil and using avocados. Pumpkin as my main carb source. 100g at 6g carbs is insanely Good. Lots to eat.
    Keep up the good work.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP

2. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1

Keep up the good work.
    Good to see u drop in Mr Nimbus hahah
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  3. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Name:  week3.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  65.2 KB

Total calories for today with breakdown are as follows:
    Intake 1783
    Cardio expenditure: 400kcal in 21minutes.
    Weight Expenditure: Calculable possibly but the effect it has on EPOC is quite difficult.

Net yield without weights taken into consideration, is 1383 with a deficit of 533.

Cliff Notes:
    Energy is good. Training intensity is there!
    Body is quite good at using fat as a source. The running has really improved with this training. Longer times to exhaustion at near aerobic threshold. HR is getting up at 180bpm on average.

Calves, well...thats a different story, running in my vibrams. They are rock hard calves, but tender hahaha..
    On my run, i wanted to turn back, but something kicked in. Like, lets keep going. Never has happened. Was very zoned in and wanted to finish the run at all costs. What drove me to run after a hard Torso day, was ??? surely this is not a supplement effect and placebo can suck my balls cause it wasn't that.
    I felt strong, and powerful with my strides, and my chest was opened up quite nicely.
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

1800 calories sounds a bit low to me considering your weight training session would likely be about 700 to 900 calories burned and then you're 400 cals from cardio. Just don't go too low and kill your metabolism. You would definitely have to put a refeed day in there to keep it going at that level.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  5. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver
    1800 calories sounds a bit low to me considering your weight training session would likely be about 700 to 900 calories burned and then you're 400 cals from cardio. Just don't go too low and kill your metabolism. You would definitely have to put a refeed day in there to keep it going at that level.
    Maybe drop fats and add in more potato or pumpkin?
    I don't feel full but don't feel empty. It's just about ok with eating, but give it an hour and I'm hungry again.
    I have legs today, so that's a refeed in itself.
    Legs and running today...arms tomorrow...let's pump it out
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  6. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

CARB, PROTEIN, FAT CALCULATOR

Calories per day
    (calculate daily calories here)

Common Diet Ratios
    Carbohydrate % 35
    Protein %40
    Fat % 25

Meals per day :4-5

RESULTS - AMOUNT OF NUTRIENT REQUIRED
    CARBOHYDRATE 118g
    PROTEIN 190g
    FAT GRAMS per day 73g

Kcal =1900....

Fat per meal? Is that fat in lean meats negligible or add that in?
    Carb manipulation? Post workout ONLY?
    So confused as HOW to lose fat with my breakdown...
    Anybody shed some meal planning advice
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  7. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Views: 41
Size:  83.2 KB

felt good at gym...
    I had to train this afternoon. Sh!t sleep...problem with the girlfriend... but gym calmed me today...so glad i didn't procrastinate and not go and say, ahhh ill do it tomorrow.
    ALSO, got my run in...5.15km 20minutes 38seconds. lovin it...
    Tomorrow is ARMS day and they best day cause it is best pump!!!
    Supps are definitely helping me. Pro XT-500 is just JUST NICELY. Starting to feel the appetite suppression now.
    Hunger is being staved off longer, and im never that hungry in the first place. Just wanna nail down ratios optimal to stoke the furnace and prime the pump for fat loss and muscle gain.
    My only supps now are my staples, PRO-XT and cordygen v02+cre-02+beta alanine+cit mal+LCLT
    TIME TO SEE WHAT THIS BABY HAS IN STORE FOR ME BY ITSELF.
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Maybe drop fats and add in more potato or pumpkin?
    I don't feel full but don't feel empty. It's just about ok with eating, but give it an hour and I'm hungry again.
    I have legs today, so that's a refeed in itself.
    Legs and running today...arms tomorrow...let's pump it out
    Don't drop fats, fats and protreins will stick with you longer. You could actually go 40 30 30 and increase fats a bit...
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

CARB, PROTEIN, FAT CALCULATOR

Calories per day
    (calculate daily calories here)

Common Diet Ratios
    Carbohydrate % 35
    Protein %40
    Fat % 25

Meals per day :4-5

RESULTS - AMOUNT OF NUTRIENT REQUIRED
    CARBOHYDRATE 118g
    PROTEIN 190g
    FAT GRAMS per day 73g

Kcal =1900....

Fat per meal? Is that fat in lean meats negligible or add that in?
    Carb manipulation? Post workout ONLY?
    So confused as HOW to lose fat with my breakdown...
    Anybody shed some meal planning advice
    Don't overthink it, there is no magic formula just to 40 30 30 like I said and get the intake up a tad like 2100 cals ed throw in a 3500 calorie refeed day once a week with higher carbs say 50%... and yes you count everything you eat.
  10. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Don't overthink it, there is no magic formula just to 40 30 30 like I said and get the intake up a tad like 2100 cals ed throw in a 3500 calorie refeed day once a week with higher carbs say 50%... and yes you count everything you eat.
    Easiest way i think i CAN approach it is, meet my protein requirements of at least 1g/lb BW, fats at .45g per/lb and rest from greens and a nice chunk of Sweet potato with no fat post workout.

which brings me to next question. Olive oil or coconut oil?

cutting ALL WHEY and NUTS tomorrow.
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Easiest way i think i CAN approach it is, meet my protein requirements of at least 1g/lb BW, fats at .45g per/lb and rest from greens and a nice chunk of Sweet potato with no fat post workout.

cutting ALL WHEY and NUTS tomorrow.
    yah as long as you're a) gettng 30% of your cals from fat and b) trying to get a deversified amount of poly unsaturates, saturates, and monostaturates to maintain a good balance of fats. Your calculator should tell you that too...
  12. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

No it didn't...saturated is gonna come from my grass fed beef and turkey mince.
    Mono from olive oil/avacado
    Poly from fish oils..................

Set...thanks DW
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

No it didn't...saturated is gonna come from my grass fed beef and turkey mince.
    Mono from olive oil/avacado
    Poly from fish oils..................

Set...thanks DW
    Sounds good .. www.fiday.com will break the fats down, it's a bit of a pain to start but ok when you have your diet set up.
  14. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Myfitnesspal is NOT myfitnesspal!!!!!
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

I would get a healthy amount of fat from a number of different sources, fish oils with Omega 3-6-9's are gonna always be the best IMO!!!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
  16. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc

I would get a healthy amount of fat from a number of different sources, fish oils with Omega 3-6-9's are gonna always be the best IMO!!!
    Examples bro?
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

Examples bro?
    Salmon, flax seed oil, NOW vitamins makes a Omega 3-6-9 gel cap, I'm sure DW can come up with a few more from natural foods!
    www.finaflex.com
  18. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc

Salmon, flax seed oil, NOW vitamins makes a Omega 3-6-9 gel cap, I'm sure DW can come up with a few more from natural foods!
    Food over Supps man for me...seeing better results too...
    Thanks heaps
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  19. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Well, arms were MURDERED this morning.
    Pump, and lactic acid...crazy!!!!
    Had to change to correct form as I didn't fully understand the workout list that my trainer gave me. Showed me how to do it with proper form. Boy did it hurt!!!!

Cliff notes:
    After lunnch, i got up out of my seat, and I felt warm headed and light on feet. Maybe not enough food????
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  20. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Views: 31
Size:  59.7 KB

***notes: got the proper technique: screaming biceps
    ** last set of inline hammer curls was failure
    Food:
    Breakfast: Same as yesterday, using up rest of my turkey. Will be beef on Thursday
    Lunch: 160g cooked chicken breast, 30ml olive oil, large mixed greens salad+fav dressing (apple cider+mustard)
    Dinner: 300g grass fed steak, 100ml coconut milk, 200g rockmelon, 50g peaches, 50g apple,80g strawberries
    NOTES:
    Used fruit tonight with cinnamon to try and increase serotonin levels to help with sleep and GH production, may even burn fat
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Well, arms were MURDERED this morning.
    Pump, and lactic acid...crazy!!!!
    Had to change to correct form as I didn't fully understand the workout list that my trainer gave me. Showed me how to do it with proper form. Boy did it hurt!!!!

Cliff notes:
    After lunnch, i got up out of my seat, and I felt warm headed and light on feet. Maybe not enough food????
    could be a combination of thngs, hard work while dieting etc ... if you feel light headed a small amount of carbs can take care of that. I bit of orange juice is good as it works fast.
  22. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Thanks man.
    Feeling very good though. Today is off day. Gonna go for a run when I get home From work.
    Do a 35min jog at certain Heart rates.
    Will log it up. Need a physical rest from gym today. Besides, 3 days on 1 off suits me Perfect.
    Will keep food tight today. No fruit even though it is paleo.
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  23. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Views: 34
Size:  61.8 KB

Just went to gym today...didnt wanna come home...least at training, im honest to myself and the results i want. Can't be judged there. Best of all, mothers can't annoy you with questions when you not home. Back to chest fasted in the AM...

still no visual changes in the mirror.
    Gets ya down after 3 weeks and no real change
    but will fight the fight and see another day...thanks guys for hanging in my log...means a lot
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

You should be seeing some significant chages by now with your diet the way it is...
  25. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Nope.
    Food intake is accurate, water at 1gallon a day at least. Sleep is ok. 6 1/2hours Minimum.
    Trying to think wtf is going wrong
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Nope.
    Food intake is accurate, water at 1gallon a day at least. Sleep is ok. 6 1/2hours Minimum.
    Trying to think wtf is going wrong
    What does the scales say...
  27. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Post that in the morning. Like
    To Weigh in (if I do) first thing empty Stomach.
    Would you recommend a creatine that doesn't retain any water to keep strength?

Energy is still amazing!!!!XT is the shiz bro! See why Punjabi liked it!!!!
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  28. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Post that in the morning. Like
    To Weigh in (if I do) first thing empty Stomach.
    Would you recommend a creatine that doesn't retain any water to keep strength?

Energy is still amazing!!!!XT is the shiz bro! See why Punjabi liked it!!!!
    Creatine Nitrate is good for pre-workout. I heard it from a little bird that we may be making huge strides the that department in the future. shhh I might have said too much....
  29. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

I smell a log haha...doing well guys!!!really improving and putting out some good products.!!!!'n
    Nitrate only needs about 750mg for a pump yeah?
    Mix that and agmatine! Wow!!!

Mkretz has dibs before me hahah...thanks for the support DW
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  30. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Weight is 79.3kg
    Lost 400g in 3 weeks....
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

Weight is 79.3kg
    Lost 400g in 3 weeks....
    Look here ya Damn Aussie... ENGLISH!!!
    Don't go making your readers have to google and convert and do math...
    Weight is (79.3 x 2.2 =) 174.46 Lbs Lost 90.4 x 2.2 =) 0.88 Lbs in 3 wks
    Just remember, Next time....

www.finaflex.com
  32. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Sorry Doc...we use kg's hahah
    Lbs...what are they...sounds foreign language...

So it's not that much really
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Oh that creatine and workout product read up on the new Ignite 2 on our breaking news thread, it will give you instant wood!!
  34. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Subd! Plan to use this stuff to start and finish my summer cut. Interested in your results bc we both do similar things!
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  35. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Damn bro less than a pound in 3 weeks? I could lose apound in a 3 hours if I wanted haha... Hmm maybe underlying issues with the skinny fat... I am the Same body type. Crazy thing- I took one week off from lifting last week. Did two low intensity cardio sessions of 7-800 cals each. No dietary changes. I lost 4 pounds that week and looked noticeable bigger and fuller.... Maybe u need a little lay off ? It was my first in over a year! Now ive scheduled one every 6-8 weeks....
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    Damn bro less than a pound in 3 weeks? I could lose apound in a 3 hours if I wanted haha... Hmm maybe underlying issues with the skinny fat... I am the Same body type. Crazy thing- I took one week off from lifting last week. Did two low intensity cardio sessions of 7-800 cals each. No dietary changes. I lost 4 pounds that week and looked noticeable bigger and fuller.... Maybe u need a little lay off ? It was my first in over a year! Now ive scheduled one every 6-8 weeks....
    Yah hard to say what is wrong his diet looks very good...I wonder ihe threw in some big refeeds once a week, ift aht might kck his metabolism a bit...
  37. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver

Yah hard to say what is wrong his diet looks very good...I wonder ihe threw in some big refeeds once a week, ift aht might kck his metabolism a bit...
    Definitely always helps me... They have to be really needed though otherwise it could take me aweek to burn it off :/ which I
    Currently goingthrough now.. Note to self: do not refeed FOLLOWING an off week. I find it best to refeed after my highest
    Volume week.. Then restart my training / deplete cycle. Does he have enough rest days? Cortisol could just be sky high... I was shocked to lose weight on my off week.. Body is a strange thing
  38. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

thanks guys.
    Well im starting Lean Gains as of Last NIGHT. dinner was finished by 8:20pm...had a fruit and carb refeed at dinner. Sleep very nicely...lots of blueberries and cinnamon.
    workout went well...Gettin some veins through my shoulders...looked swole this morning doing chest and back. followed by a 5km run in 20:35minutes...

Lunch is at 1pm..sipping on my monster amino's @ 10g every 2-3 hours.
    Will be grilled fish (no flour-gluten intolerance) with lots of salad, and tonight is probably Salmon and ill close of at 8pm, and get ready for bed by 11 and at gym at 7am tomorrow for LEGS...grueling leg day. Will post up results a little later...

I figured, as im not losing much weight, im retaining most, if not ALL my muscle. My strength had not decreased, BUT, i want to lose some weight/fat so its a weird situation hahahah...
    Good to have you in Camillo for my ride...its awesome...

Energy in GYM was INSANE..loving the fasted workouts with PRO XT-500...really feel the surge...Beta alanine to buffer my pain and cit mal to help with endurance along with cordygen v02...sweet as stack...

Any thoughts you guys wanna add as to how i can better my APPROACH TO LEAN GAINS???

Thanks Guys

-Chris
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  39. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

thanks guys.
    Well im starting Lean Gains as of Last NIGHT. dinner was finished by 8:20pm...had a fruit and carb refeed at dinner. Sleep very nicely...lots of blueberries and cinnamon.
    workout went well...Gettin some veins through my shoulders...looked swole this morning doing chest and back. followed by a 5km run in 20:35minutes...

Lunch is at 1pm..sipping on my monster amino's @ 10g every 2-3 hours.
    Will be grilled fish (no flour-gluten intolerance) with lots of salad, and tonight is probably Salmon and ill close of at 8pm, and get ready for bed by 11 and at gym at 7am tomorrow for LEGS...grueling leg day. Will post up results a little later...

I figured, as im not losing much weight, im retaining most, if not ALL my muscle. My strength had not decreased, BUT, i want to lose some weight/fat so its a weird situation hahahah...
    Good to have you in Camillo for my ride...its awesome...

Energy in GYM was INSANE..loving the fasted workouts with PRO XT-500...really feel the surge...Beta alanine to buffer my pain and cit mal to help with endurance along with cordygen v02...sweet as stack...

Any thoughts you guys wanna add as to how i can better my APPROACH TO LEAN GAINS???

Thanks Guys

-Chris
    Just don't shy away from food on wd's as this will keep your metabolism moving, what did I say 2600 for you on wd's... and 1600 nwd's lets see how that goes. You may want to shorten the nwd eating window for comfort reasons.
  40. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Will do...nwd is all veggies and protein and fat
    Wds is post workout carbs/protein and rest meals protein/ veggies...
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN

Similar Forum Threads

1. road to redemption...continues..
    By HERCBRUTE in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 02-22-2011, 03:54 AM
  2. road to redemption
    By HERCBRUTE in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-03-2009, 08:54 PM