Coorslight HIT training log

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Professional Member
    thetinyguy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,184
    Rep Power
    14642
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    63.43%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CoorsLight126 View Post
    5/31/2011

    So today marks day 9 with the only cheat meal being a subway sandwich on flatbread w/ some baked chips and a diet Coke. Damn I'm getting hungry now!! Been eating real strict for about 2 wks now and a lot of changes already. I knew I needed to tighten the diet up and drop the calories a bit being that I went back to my TRT dosage of test, and there was still going to be a slight degree of estrogen rebound. I threw some aromasyn in the mix as well and it's helped me to get real hard and avoid any puffiness. As for cardio, cardio has been very frequent lately. I've hit it about 4-5x//wk now in the past 2 wks. And despite dropping my calories and adding in all of the cardio I am still making strength gains. The gains are much slower now though, today when I inclined benched I got 300/10, which is only 1 more rep than the last time I inclined which was about 10 days ago or so. But I've probably dropped 2% bf already so I can't complain. And mind you, this is a strength gain on just a TRT dose of test now, and 300mg/wk primobolan. I'm off the tren and 500mg/wk test, so definitely something to be proud of in the gains dept. However, I did carb up a little more yesterday by eating an extra serving of potatos and a Greek Yogurt with dinner. The legs are taking a toll now, the cardio has made leg workouts much harder. I still jumped 5 lbs in leg extensions making it 240 lbs/12 reps in a slow and controlled fashion. I feel like hitting that wall is coming on real soon, I have roughly 2 more wks until my next full week off from training, so hopefully that week long break will help rejuvinate me more. I'm looking forward to switching some exercises up as well, this program is working great but it's getting very stale and boring in the gym. To be honest I'm sort of getting sick and tired of logging workouts and starting with legs every workout. Lately I've mixed it up slightly and started with bench, which is when I'm fresh and can make the most use out of any available energy to make gains with. But I said I was giving HIT an honest 6 months and that I will. The changes I've made so far are better than any training system I've ever used, I wont deny that. Therefore we push on forward and stick to the gameplan. Back to logging my lifts on Fri. peace
    That's awesome man i'm jealous haha Have you ever done Higher frequency training? I'm just curious
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me

  2. Advanced Member
    candle25's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    626
    Rep Power
    449
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    77.21%

    How often are you guys taking a week off. I'm 5 weeks into my HIT with no time off. I had a long weekend this past weekend to recover from working 7/12's for a month though. It's hot as a mutha here in Florida!
  3. Professional Member
    thetinyguy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,184
    Rep Power
    14642
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    63.43%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by candle25 View Post
    How often are you guys taking a week off. I'm 5 weeks into my HIT with no time off. I had a long weekend this past weekend to recover from working 7/12's for a month though. It's hot as a mutha here in Florida!
    Well i actually used HIT in itself for a recovery period. I've adapted my body to medium volume high intensity so when i went to HIT i felt like i had more in me but after 4 weeks i felt really really good so i'm back to my other training. No doubt in my mind it helps significantly.
    Coors is planning to run HIT for 6 months i believe so, his progress really shows what HIT does
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    CoorsLight126's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  237 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    294
    Rep Power
    254
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    73.81%

    6-8-2011

    updated photo of my progress. I'm about 3 months into this routine now, first time I've ever had decent abs while still in the mid 230's on bodyweight
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  5. New Member
    CoorsLight126's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  237 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    294
    Rep Power
    254
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    73.81%

    Quote Originally Posted by candle25 View Post
    How often are you guys taking a week off. I'm 5 weeks into my HIT with no time off. I had a long weekend this past weekend to recover from working 7/12's for a month though. It's hot as a mutha here in Florida!
    at the end of every 6 wks of training take 1 full week off. If your training intense and everything is to the outlined program, by week 6 you'll be looking forward to the time off. You will feel like its necessary because for myself I've noticed that right towards week 5 or 6 is when I get sort of stale and want to hit a sticking point, then I take the week off, change a few exercises and I'm right back to feeling good and gaining, gaining, gaining!!
  6. Professional Member
    thetinyguy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,184
    Rep Power
    14642
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    63.43%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CoorsLight126 View Post
    6-8-2011

    updated photo of my progress. I'm about 3 months into this routine now, first time I've ever had decent abs while still in the mid 230's on bodyweight
    Great job dude what are your goals bodyfat wise? Mine is to get to 6% i know it'll be a challenge but i like challenges I'm at 12/11% currently that contest i dropped 8lbs in 4 weeks and dropped 3% bf. Not sure if i'll win or not i should have got a tan to make it more dramatic haha good to see your still updating this! I'm going to start my own log probably the end of this week.
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  7. New Member
    CoorsLight126's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  237 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    294
    Rep Power
    254
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    73.81%

    Quote Originally Posted by thetinyguy View Post
    Great job dude what are your goals bodyfat wise? Mine is to get to 6% i know it'll be a challenge but i like challenges I'm at 12/11% currently that contest i dropped 8lbs in 4 weeks and dropped 3% bf. Not sure if i'll win or not i should have got a tan to make it more dramatic haha good to see your still updating this! I'm going to start my own log probably the end of this week.
    my goal isnt to necessarily get bone dry shredded, its to keep my bodyfat in a range where I look good but can still continue to make strength/size gains. When I start feeling weak or depleted I will throw the carbs down, not like contest dieting or anything. But I do stay on my cardio a lot more now, usually 3-4x every wk now
  8. Professional Member
    thetinyguy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,184
    Rep Power
    14642
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    63.43%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CoorsLight126 View Post
    my goal isnt to necessarily get bone dry shredded, its to keep my bodyfat in a range where I look good but can still continue to make strength/size gains. When I start feeling weak or depleted I will throw the carbs down, not like contest dieting or anything. But I do stay on my cardio a lot more now, usually 3-4x every wk now
    Ah i hear you on that, i'm doing the same in my own sense i'm increasing my training frequency really gradually and the moment i see a stall or fall in progress i'm gonna take a week off then start it again at the frequency i left off at and see how it goes. Pretty much i'm trying to train my body tough and rough so when i start my first PH cycle it'll be AWESOME results! I'll log it all too haha
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  9. New Member
    CoorsLight126's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  237 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    294
    Rep Power
    254
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    73.81%

    Quote Originally Posted by thetinyguy View Post
    That's awesome man i'm jealous haha Have you ever done Higher frequency training? I'm just curious
    yes, I trained high frequency/volume for 14 yrs straight, I experimented with a little of the Dorian Yates training style, but unlike Arthur Jones, Dorian still isolated bodyparts with training splits, just lower volume. I like the full body/1 set per exercise routines better, I feel like I grow more as a whole when everything is stimulated in a single workout. And 1x every 3 days is perfect.

    I've been more cut than this before, I've been bigger as far as how much space I take up before, but I have never developed this size/definition combo as well as this before. Everybody keeps asking me the same damn question "how many hours a week are you in the gym? You must live in the gym!!" When I tell them I go for 45 minutes once every 3 days nobody believes me.
  10. Professional Member
    thetinyguy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,184
    Rep Power
    14642
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    63.43%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CoorsLight126 View Post
    yes, I trained high frequency/volume for 14 yrs straight, I experimented with a little of the Dorian Yates training style, but unlike Arthur Jones, Dorian still isolated bodyparts with training splits, just lower volume. I like the full body/1 set per exercise routines better, I feel like I grow more as a whole when everything is stimulated in a single workout. And 1x every 3 days is perfect.

    I've been more cut than this before, I've been bigger as far as how much space I take up before, but I have never developed this size/definition combo as well as this before. Everybody keeps asking me the same damn question "how many hours a week are you in the gym? You must live in the gym!!" When I tell them I go for 45 minutes once every 3 days nobody believes me.
    Haha awesome just awesome. I can't wait to get cut up and demolish my first cycle
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  11. New Member
    CoorsLight126's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  237 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    294
    Rep Power
    254
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    73.81%

    After some thought I've decided to jack up the carbs a little bit more on a daily basis for the next 6 wk phase. I'm going to raise the total caloric totals to 3500-4000 which should definitely put me into some anabolism. Trying to train conjugately here and accomplish size/definition simultaneously. At this point I feel I have the recovery side of things taken care of with my training, I need some sort of kick in the ass though and its food!
  12. New Member
    CoorsLight126's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  237 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    294
    Rep Power
    254
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    73.81%

    6-9-2011

    yep, definitely need that week off. Another stale day today in the gym, didnt have a lot of motivation to train. I did flat bench press today and did 325/9, which is 3 reps short of where I'm supposed to be before I progress in weights. I did lateral pulldowns again, which has gotten pretty damn boring, I did make a small jump on leg extensions doing 245 lbs x 12 reps, stiff leg deadlifts which felt like **** 345 x 12 reps, just wasnt feeling todays workout. I know these may sound like decent numbers but I was really just going through the motions today and not really giving a ****. Thats the thing about this program, your physically/mentally ready for a break at that 6 wks mark. I'm going to take a full week off now, eat an extra couple cheat meals, and not even think about the damn gym for a week.
  13. Professional Member
    thetinyguy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,184
    Rep Power
    14642
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    63.43%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CoorsLight126 View Post
    6-9-2011

    yep, definitely need that week off. Another stale day today in the gym, didnt have a lot of motivation to train. I did flat bench press today and did 325/9, which is 3 reps short of where I'm supposed to be before I progress in weights. I did lateral pulldowns again, which has gotten pretty damn boring, I did make a small jump on leg extensions doing 245 lbs x 12 reps, stiff leg deadlifts which felt like **** 345 x 12 reps, just wasnt feeling todays workout. I know these may sound like decent numbers but I was really just going through the motions today and not really giving a ****. Thats the thing about this program, your physically/mentally ready for a break at that 6 wks mark. I'm going to take a full week off now, eat an extra couple cheat meals, and not even think about the damn gym for a week.
    Sounds like a good idea, the break will really help you out too it'll give you a fresh start especially with some extra calories that i'm sure you need.
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  14. Advanced Member
    candle25's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    626
    Rep Power
    449
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    77.21%

    Quote Originally Posted by CoorsLight126 View Post
    at the end of every 6 wks of training take 1 full week off. If your training intense and everything is to the outlined program, by week 6 you'll be looking forward to the time off. You will feel like its necessary because for myself I've noticed that right towards week 5 or 6 is when I get sort of stale and want to hit a sticking point, then I take the week off, change a few exercises and I'm right back to feeling good and gaining, gaining, gaining!!
    Cool. Thanks bros! I'm starting week 6 Monday. I've just been feeling beat down at the gym this last week. I still manage to push myself, but it isn't the same as previous weeks. I'm going to finish this week and take a break. It's going to be strage not going to the gym, but I understand the recovory concept.
  15. New Member
    CoorsLight126's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  237 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    294
    Rep Power
    254
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    73.81%

    Quote Originally Posted by candle25 View Post
    Cool. Thanks bros! I'm starting week 6 Monday. I've just been feeling beat down at the gym this last week. I still manage to push myself, but it isn't the same as previous weeks. I'm going to finish this week and take a break. It's going to be strage not going to the gym, but I understand the recovory concept.
    This is not an exciting program. I'm loving what it's doing for me, but this routine is downright brutal. You wouldn't think just doing 1 set for each muscle group can tax you that bad, but when its to absolute failure it sure does!! But I'm not in this thing for exciting, I'm in it for results, and that I am achieving
  16. Senior Member
    swollen87's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,765
    Rep Power
    2722
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    35.71%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Subd
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    I've also done fasting and doseing and felt grealt anabolicness , deffint hunger but I'm stronger than that keep full and vascular and strength gose up
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/177245-swollen87s-training-log.html
  17. New Member
    CoorsLight126's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  237 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    294
    Rep Power
    254
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    73.81%

    Dying to get back in the gym now, its day 5 off, I'll get back in there 3 days from now. I've eaten a little more loose this week and my muscles are pumped and very large right now. I probably didnt fill out good until my 2nd or 3rd day, so you figure its really only about 4 days with an abundance of cals or anything "over" what it took to compensate for what was lost through dieting hard. This next phase I will drop to only training 2x/wk, with one Not Till failure workout every 2 wks. I'm going back to barbell squats too, should be rough. I will pick up a few hundred grams of creatine monohydrate and mix 30 grams of creatine with sugar in a gal of water/day, as outlined in Dardens bulking and packing creatine procedure. Then cut back to 10 grams/day for the following 4 wks during this next 6 wk phase. I'll probably put on just a tad bit more bodyfat, but nothing crazy. I'm dedicating these next 6 wks to size and losing minimal definition. Cardio will still be kept at 2-3x/wk. Cant wait now, I needed this rest
  18. Professional Member
    thetinyguy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,184
    Rep Power
    14642
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    63.43%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Hell yeah man! I know how you feel it's so hard to take a week off all i want to do is train! Creatine is awesome too. I started my log too thetinyguy's ALL OUT training log!! *CAUTION OVERTRAINING* So far so good! Losing about 1lb every 4 days. Pumped to see where your at in a few weeks with the needed extra calories and creatine. Keep up the hard work!!
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  19. New Member
    CoorsLight126's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  237 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    294
    Rep Power
    254
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    73.81%

    Ok, just went back into the gym today after a full week off. It was my first day if the new 6 wk phase, I dont like it. I'm changing things up, at this point I just see no reason to cut my training back to only 4x every 14 days with a Not till failure day in there as well. This is something only the most grossly overtrained person would need and now its getting to the point where I feel slack about being involved with the gym at all. The biggest problem I see with this phase is your going too long before hitting an exercise again, so your body is not recognizing the weight like it should. I think there comes a point where its too infrequent. For example, lets say I cut it back to only Mon and Fri workout days, well the routine has me doing bench press Mon, and flys on Fri. So all week long I've only done 2 sets for chest and only 1 of those being a pressing movement. I dont like that, I feel I'd still benefit more from hitting chest 2-3x/wk if I was only going to do 1 set per workout. So I'm going to switch things up and go back to 3x/wk routine, still HIT because I like the concepts behind HIT, but I'm more athletic than just 4x/wk every 2 wks in the gym, **** that. So this is what I've come up with, 3x/wk.

    Day 1- Bench press- 1 work set
    Close grip bench (Smith Machine)- 1 work set
    T- bar rows- 1 work set
    lat pulldowns-1 work set
    barbell curls- 1 work set
    squats- 1 work set
    calves- 1 work set
    abs- 1 set of 50 situps


    day 2- Pec deck- 1 work set
    Tri pressdowns- 1 work set
    deadlifts- 1 work set
    lat pulldowns- 1 work set
    alternate db curls- 1 work set
    leg extensions- 1 work set
    calves- 1 work set
    shrugs- 1 set

    day 3- incline bench press
    1 arm db extensions- 1 set/arm
    1 arm db rows- 1 set/arm
    preacher curls- 1 set
    hammer strength high row machine-1 set
    leg press- 1 set
    lying leg curls- 1 set
    calves-1 set
  20. Professional Member
    thetinyguy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,184
    Rep Power
    14642
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    63.43%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CoorsLight126 View Post
    Ok, just went back into the gym today after a full week off. It was my first day if the new 6 wk phase, I dont like it. I'm changing things up, at this point I just see no reason to cut my training back to only 4x every 14 days with a Not till failure day in there as well. This is something only the most grossly overtrained person would need and now its getting to the point where I feel slack about being involved with the gym at all. The biggest problem I see with this phase is your going too long before hitting an exercise again, so your body is not recognizing the weight like it should. I think there comes a point where its too infrequent. For example, lets say I cut it back to only Mon and Fri workout days, well the routine has me doing bench press Mon, and flys on Fri. So all week long I've only done 2 sets for chest and only 1 of those being a pressing movement. I dont like that, I feel I'd still benefit more from hitting chest 2-3x/wk if I was only going to do 1 set per workout. So I'm going to switch things up and go back to 3x/wk routine, still HIT because I like the concepts behind HIT, but I'm more athletic than just 4x/wk every 2 wks in the gym, **** that. So this is what I've come up with, 3x/wk.

    Day 1- Bench press- 1 work set
    Close grip bench (Smith Machine)- 1 work set
    T- bar rows- 1 work set
    lat pulldowns-1 work set
    barbell curls- 1 work set
    squats- 1 work set
    calves- 1 work set
    abs- 1 set of 50 situps


    day 2- Pec deck- 1 work set
    Tri pressdowns- 1 work set
    deadlifts- 1 work set
    lat pulldowns- 1 work set
    alternate db curls- 1 work set
    leg extensions- 1 work set
    calves- 1 work set
    shrugs- 1 set

    day 3- incline bench press
    1 arm db extensions- 1 set/arm
    1 arm db rows- 1 set/arm
    preacher curls- 1 set
    hammer strength high row machine-1 set
    leg press- 1 set
    lying leg curls- 1 set
    calves-1 set
    I agree 100% that's pretty much why i switched to training a body part every 6 days instead of 7 i really want to move to 2x a week but i think i'm gonna wait until i'm a little bit leaner. I've always liked higher frequency training and felt better progress from it, I think the infrequency is honestly for people who recover at an extremely poor rate, have high stress lives and could benefit from the extra rest but for guys like us who feel 100% after a few days i don't think it's all necessary to train so infrequently. Here's an article i read that makes a ton of sense about higher frequency training. I know you have way way way more experience then me but it's a good read

    http://www.bodybuildingdungeon.com/f...-training.html
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  21. New Member
    CoorsLight126's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  237 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    294
    Rep Power
    254
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    73.81%

    hey bro, good read so far, when I have more time I'll look at it more. It makes some sense, but I think the examples they used aren't as relevant to a seasoned trainer. Lumberjacks typically carry more bodyfat, gymnasts are typically much smaller than 200 lbs, as with rock climbers. I think what worked for Arnold, 99% of other people wouldnt do well with. As for modern day bodybuilders who do well with high volume, most are using 5x more steroids than the guys of that era and thats one of the biggest factors towards recovery.

    The biggest problem I'm coming across with the HIT training is consistency. I think the first couple phases worked well, but my biggest gains were from the first phase where everything was a little more frequent and I was hitting the same exercises each time. My progress started falling off towards the end of the last phase where things were actually periodized much more. As far as the examples Darden used in his book, not too sure about those either. For one, he says that Casey Viator and Boyer Coe never touched steroids during their training with him and I call BULL****. And secondly, the main example he used in his book was a guy who couldnt have been more than 200 lbs and fairly decent development, but nothing even close to my level. So I cannot eat everything the program feeds me whole. I feel like I def gained something out of the routines, but at this point to say its a staple that works all year long, well I just cannot say that. Now, def not a knock on HIT, just a couple of the routines in his HIT. For myself, I feel like a mix between his style and Dorian Yates may be where the sweet spot is. Dorian trained HIT, but still did muscle splits and not full body. I like full body, but its getting to the point now where your hauling ass so much from one bodypart to the next, makes you wonder if going back to focusing on just 1 or 2 bodyparts the workout may get you a turbo boost in your development. And who knows, maybe going back and forth between the 2 styles of training is best. I like to take everything I learn and feed off it. But your article is very interesting, I will continue to read more and follow your log. Thank you
  22. New Member
    CoorsLight126's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  237 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    294
    Rep Power
    254
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    73.81%

    6-20-2011

    So this will be my last post in this log. I've come to the conclusion that I have reached my full genetic potential. This is pretty much with or without steroids in the mix. I just took the tape and did some measurements and they are pretty much the ****ing same as always, maybe even a little smaller. I can honestly say I've tried just about everything, program wise, rep schemes, supplements, gear. Pretty much everything besides consistent GH use, which probably isnt even worth the $ and use at my age. I refuse to walk around with a gut for 1" more on my arms. It does not matter at this point whether I do high volume, low intensity, low volume high intensity, it doesnt ****ing matter anymore!! I've been doing this now for 15 yrs, my arms measure practically the same as they did 10 yrs ago, only more conditioned at that size now. My strength is up and down depending on my diet and conditioning. I will go for conditioning over size from now on. I really dont give a **** whether I'm benching 315 or 275, at the end of the day it makes such a fraction of a difference in my physique its pointless. Actually, I have looked my best when I was training lighter. The HIT is good for recovery and giving your body a rest. For a new trainer I think you'd grow like a weed, but a seasoned guy who has reached his potential I think the claims are a bit ridiculous. I did gain strength well for 3 months using this system, but it was strength from recovery and time off, not actual tissue growth. The tape measure doesnt ****ing lie. I cannot complain though, my stats are pretty good, I've gotten on stage 8x before. Its just a little dissapointing to come to this point, you always think you can find something that works better for you. But I guess we have to accept things for what they are sometimes. So this morning I will go train, I will use what my body feels is right and what gives me a good pump. I'd like to take off about 10-15 more lbs, it doesnt pay to be heavier anymore. I'd rather be diced and try to hold the condition longer. Peace out, Coorslight
  23. Professional Member
    thetinyguy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,184
    Rep Power
    14642
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    63.43%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CoorsLight126 View Post
    6-20-2011

    So this will be my last post in this log. I've come to the conclusion that I have reached my full genetic potential. This is pretty much with or without steroids in the mix. I just took the tape and did some measurements and they are pretty much the ****ing same as always, maybe even a little smaller. I can honestly say I've tried just about everything, program wise, rep schemes, supplements, gear. Pretty much everything besides consistent GH use, which probably isnt even worth the $ and use at my age. I refuse to walk around with a gut for 1" more on my arms. It does not matter at this point whether I do high volume, low intensity, low volume high intensity, it doesnt ****ing matter anymore!! I've been doing this now for 15 yrs, my arms measure practically the same as they did 10 yrs ago, only more conditioned at that size now. My strength is up and down depending on my diet and conditioning. I will go for conditioning over size from now on. I really dont give a **** whether I'm benching 315 or 275, at the end of the day it makes such a fraction of a difference in my physique its pointless. Actually, I have looked my best when I was training lighter. The HIT is good for recovery and giving your body a rest. For a new trainer I think you'd grow like a weed, but a seasoned guy who has reached his potential I think the claims are a bit ridiculous. I did gain strength well for 3 months using this system, but it was strength from recovery and time off, not actual tissue growth. The tape measure doesnt ****ing lie. I cannot complain though, my stats are pretty good, I've gotten on stage 8x before. Its just a little dissapointing to come to this point, you always think you can find something that works better for you. But I guess we have to accept things for what they are sometimes. So this morning I will go train, I will use what my body feels is right and what gives me a good pump. I'd like to take off about 10-15 more lbs, it doesnt pay to be heavier anymore. I'd rather be diced and try to hold the condition longer. Peace out, Coorslight
    This 100% reminds me of this video

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcS0N...el_video_title

    Watch from 6:00 on or the whole thing if you want.
    Hope this helps you man!
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  24. New Member
    CoorsLight126's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  237 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    294
    Rep Power
    254
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    73.81%

    Quote Originally Posted by thetinyguy View Post
    This 100% reminds me of this video

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcS0N...el_video_title

    Watch from 6:00 on or the whole thing if you want.
    Hope this helps you man!
    Thanks, what a great video! thanks
  25. Professional Member
    thetinyguy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,184
    Rep Power
    14642
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    63.43%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CoorsLight126 View Post
    Thanks, what a great video! thanks
    No problem man!

    I subscribed to that guy he puts some epic videos together that really help make me focus.
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  26. New Member
    CoorsLight126's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  237 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    294
    Rep Power
    254
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    73.81%

    6-27-2011


    After 1 week of going back to splits/slightly higher volume I have returned to HIT training. Why have I switched right back? Simple, my physique was looking better when I was doing it. I was a little more loose with my diet and was getting harder and leaner even despite that. Those big moves like squats and bench until total muscle failure must have been the bread and butter. I went back to barbell squats a couple wks ago, my first day back at them I did 405/5 reps, that was it. It felt like the earth. Well, just 3 days after that I decided to go back to squats again and do just 1 set in HIT fashion, I belted out 405/12!! I felt stronger even though it was just 3 days rest instead of all week. I went back and trained legs today, 415/12 reps, and could have done 1 or 2 more if I had a spotter. This right here is all I needed to see to know that what I was doing before was working. So in conclusion to tonights log, I've discovered something and that is what works best for me with HIT. The sets and total body workouts work well for my body, but the 2x/wk frequency is not enough. With that being said, I will go back to 3x/wk most wks (unless work gets in the way certain wks) and back to full body. Let the workout log continue!!
  27. Professional Member
    thetinyguy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,184
    Rep Power
    14642
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    63.43%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CoorsLight126 View Post
    6-27-2011


    After 1 week of going back to splits/slightly higher volume I have returned to HIT training. Why have I switched right back? Simple, my physique was looking better when I was doing it. I was a little more loose with my diet and was getting harder and leaner even despite that. Those big moves like squats and bench until total muscle failure must have been the bread and butter. I went back to barbell squats a couple wks ago, my first day back at them I did 405/5 reps, that was it. It felt like the earth. Well, just 3 days after that I decided to go back to squats again and do just 1 set in HIT fashion, I belted out 405/12!! I felt stronger even though it was just 3 days rest instead of all week. I went back and trained legs today, 415/12 reps, and could have done 1 or 2 more if I had a spotter. This right here is all I needed to see to know that what I was doing before was working. So in conclusion to tonights log, I've discovered something and that is what works best for me with HIT. The sets and total body workouts work well for my body, but the 2x/wk frequency is not enough. With that being said, I will go back to 3x/wk most wks (unless work gets in the way certain wks) and back to full body. Let the workout log continue!!
    Hell yeah!! Let's kill these workouts!!
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  28. New Member
    CoorsLight126's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  237 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    294
    Rep Power
    254
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    73.81%

    7-3-2011

    Training is going very well!! I'm back on track with the diet, I decided to have an open mind and try this "Paleo Diet" a lot of you guys speak of. Well I'll be damned if I dont feel pretty darn good on this diet!! I'm eating a lot of greens and things like squash, veal, lamb, food I never eat on my regular diet routine. The diet is more like a lifestyle and not this crazy 12 wk make it or break it bull****. Its so nice to have different food choices and to be able to grab an apple or an orange sometimes. The only type of complex carb I'm really eating right now are yams, I'd like to try some rutabagas as soon as I figure out how to cook them. I went to the gym earlier and killed it, I'm still training HIT style but I'm varying up the exercises a little bit. Today I decided to try incline db presses, which I have not done in about 6 months. I got the 120's up for 16 good reps, then decided to do a set of flat smith machine bench and did 225 for 15 reps there. I got 405/12 on squats, and alternate db curls w/ 40's for 22 reps each side!! All in good form. Cardio shape right now is probably better than ever, its allowed me to push my sets into higher rep ranges, very minimal loss in strength since the diet. I dont really care so much about the lbs I'm pushing right now, so I discontinued the log book, but still training in HIT fashion with very few sets and high intensity, and still full body routines. I'm really enjoying training as well as this diet. I'm feeling good things to come by the end of summertime. peace
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Wanting to try HVT training muscles more than once a week training
    By East1600Plus in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 01:44 PM
  2. Supplement schedule of training vs no training days
    By parttimer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-06-2006, 03:43 PM
  3. Training Volume vs Training Frequency!! Read and think!
    By Landmonster in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-01-2006, 09:12 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-27-2006, 12:00 AM
  5. Replies: 98
    Last Post: 06-23-2005, 02:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in