Da Guuurly Log (now on AM)

Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Answers

You're, your own personal canvas. Very cool. Love the tat.

Keep us updated on how the hard fx is working for you.

Ryan, 12 weeks of forskolin? Wow love the sound of that as well. If I remember correctly I think I read something on the PP site that stated it increases estrogen... Thats actually the reason I didn't buy some for my cut.

I could just be being crazy. It is almost 4am. :P
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/173797-one-small-step.html Getting my ass beat and logging it.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

I Got my rest, couldn't find a bear to kill or a chupacabra either try as I might, but I had a pretty good 2 days Training wise.

Yesterday I did Legs

Squats
    80lbs 15 x ////
    60lbs 15x ///

Deadlifts
    80lbs 12x ////
    60lbs 15x ///

Uphill Lunges Takes 20 to reach the Top
    20lbs each DB
    3 trips up the hill

Got in did front/back squats alternating in sets of 10 without resting just to get all tuckered out
    Felt good easy strong,

Today:
    Jump Squat 25
    Straight Leg Lift 8
    Military Press 20lbs
    Bent Over Row 20lbs
    Mountain Climbers 35
    Burpees 12
    Jump Rope 1 min
    Step up 15 each side 10lbs DBs
    Bike at highest 1min

4 rounds!! lol
    When I get to 3 rounds I usually call it but I went for one more and could have gone for a 5th

And yes....I moved dirt today
    on the downside I ATE TERRIBLY lol bahhh.
    whatever I'm pretty sure I ended up in a good calorie range. Felt good and I'm feeling strong, tomorrow will most likely be an off day

note: I did my leg lifts holding myself up between my two chairs (a.k.a. squat rack) because sometime ago my husband brought down the pull up bar. He wasn't hurt (not bad) but he broke a chair. :/ So that's why I haven't done any pull ups lately lol

Thinking back this last week was actually pretty good!! very happy.
    smallfry@athleticxtreme.com
    http://www.facebook.com/Athleticxtreme
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Answers

This is an insane legs day. How long were you at it for?

You could have been 2k cal's over maintenance and been perfect.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/173797-one-small-step.html Getting my ass beat and logging it.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

Well not very long, the leg day was the day before and the circuit I did it yesterday each WO about 45 to 60 min maybe. It looks jumbled together but it was actually 2 seperate days, still I'm sure I did fine with the cal deficit but my choices were not good at all, just some awesome home cooking, but white rice with fat back, beans in chicken stock with pumpkin, potatoes and ham shoulder, greasy yummy chicken lol stuffed with happy gooey goodness!!! Hahaha tasty to say the least and it left that yummy greasy shine on the napkin.

Today was a down day to get some work done. Recuperation is ON! feeling real and right.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Gotcha. Sorry I didn't catch that for some reason.
    A lot of your exercises the second day on legs as well, so it just seemed like a long flow to me.

I'm not used to a breakdown like that. Those legs must be coming along pretty nicely.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Omg Im going to be super random here. I know you were talking about papaya earlier. How can you tell when it is ripe? Been having a hard time. And I have been KILLING them lately. Want to make sure Im getting them when they are ripe.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Omg Im going to be super random here. I know you were talking about papaya earlier. How can you tell when it is ripe? Been having a hard time. And I have been KILLING them lately. Want to make sure Im getting them when they are ripe.
    You can't really go by looks, you have to go by feel. But the more yellow it is, the more ripe it is. It has to have a slight mushy~ness to it. The really firm green ones aren't ripe. I know 'cause I'm from Hawaii
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kanakafarian View Post
    You can't really go by looks, you have to go by feel. But the more yellow it is, the more ripe it is. It has to have a slight mushy~ness to it. The really firm green ones aren't ripe. I know 'cause I'm from Hawaii
    Thanks man. It just seems like they have been tricky. Some of the green and hard ones have been really good. Then the yellow and softer ones have been ehh ok.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

^This, they are tricky sometimes, some have to be yellow, some can be pretty green and still ripe, but another indication is they sound a bit hollower when ripe. Also if their right there on point, cut it and freeze, they last a long time frozen but at least over here they go from ripe to rotten quick.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mrodz View Post
    ^This, they are tricky sometimes, some have to be yellow, some can be pretty green and still ripe, but another indication is they sound a bit hollower when ripe. Also if their right there on point, cut it and freeze, they last a long time frozen but at least over here they go from ripe to rotten quick.
    Hmm...I didn't know about freezing them. I'll keep that in mind the next time they're in season here in the NW. Tropical fruits suck here! I really miss sweet pineapple, mango, papaya, and all the other great tropical fruits. The NW does have good berries though.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

Hmm...I didn't know about freezing them. I'll keep that in mind the next time they're in season here in the NW. Tropical fruits suck here! I really miss sweet pineapple, mango, papaya, and all the other great tropical fruits. The NW does have good berries though.
    It would be really nice if we could trade fruits lol, cherries, blueberries and raspberries (my fav) run kind of expensive here.

I just now hurt my foot, and it hurts. I smacked it against one of my DB's that I left on the floor :/

Monday!
    Chest

Bench Press
    65lbs 5x3 <----- that's a very good PR there upped weight for 3 sets, I usually have to ease more slowly into a heavier with upperbody, like just 1 set.
    60lbs 6x3 The last was shaky
    30bs 10x2

Took at least a 3 min rest here

DB Incline Press
    15lbs each 10x4 aaagh buuurn

Lying Fly alt with DB Press fast = just to get some extra ouch
    10x4
    10x4

Today!!
    Shoulders and some Bicep

Military Press (in this strange order)
    30lbs 10x 2
    35lbs 6x1
    45lbs 6x3

BB Curls (Been forever since I've done these)
    30lbs 5x3 I've gained strength here

Side Lat Raise (high)
    10lbs each 8x1
    10x3

Arnolds
    15lbs each 10x3
    10lbs each 10x1

Upright Row
    30lbs 8x3

Next time I'm going for 15 on the lat raises, and 20 on the arnolds (I've done it before but when it was an upper body lower body split)

Tomorrow Cardio!! and lots of it! lol
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Answers

Berries are ridiculously cheap up here. A couple weeks ago I bought a 5lbs container of strawberries for $5! No sales tax here either. And you better watch out for them toes! Your career may come to an end like Deion Sanders! lol
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Answers

"I just now hurt my foot, and it hurts. I smacked it against one of my DB's that I left on the floor :/"

Ahhh. Ya kinda have to just laugh when that happens. At least it was at home. Worse when you scream "ouuuuchhh. Who the ffffffF would put...actually..." followed by bowing your head in silence...

"Took at least a 3 min rest here"

Love it. When you need to write that down, you know you're putting your heart into it.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

I've been AWOL!!! lol

Thursday and Friday I ran some and walked some and just enjoyed my cardio at my own pace. I've been a little busy and I'm not to good at time management so I'll be a little brief
    Saturday I Did Legs, I did my usual 80lbs squats and Deads Then went down to 60 on both. I didn't get to do the downhills (or uphills either) because it started raining and I didn't feel gung ho enough to go out in the Rain and git er done lol. I've been working in the yard again and really to me that is just the best sort of exercise. I'm really excited because I'm making (or going to begin making) a longer barbell with a "recipe" Judojosh gave me in order to really do cleans and such.

I received a sample packet from AI sports (Thanks Eric! I'm so sorry we didn't get to meet on your vacation) and man are they real nice when sending these. So far I've tried the Red Raspberry because I couldn't wait to taste it after the reviews. Taste is very good, like Raspberry snowcone (Piraguas they call them here, I eat these all the time love them and usually buy a raspberry piragua whenever i get out of HomeDepot where a guy sells them) I like the little packets and am saving them for convenience on the move. I have some Motivate too and a few other goodies. I'll post my thoughts as I try them Recoverpro Red Raspberry is a Very good very tasty product!

Ok in addition to what I mentioned I did split squats with the 20lb DBs, leg ext and Hamstring curls. Can't wait to have the longer BB!!

On Sunday I did back, I know I wrote this one down somewhere so I'll post the details on it tomorrow when I find the paper in one of my 85 notebooks
    I'm going to be doing heavy yard work all this week (you'd think I lived on a 30acre farm sheesh) the digging of canals continues and with the constant rains there are grasses here around the fence perimeter that are taller than me. They can grow that tall in just a few weeks. We're getting into hurricane season so all dead stuff has to be taken off trees and everything thrown out or tied down and water drainage has to be tip top.
    Anywho, so glad the forums are back up i get ansty lol
    Internetaholic. :P
    I'm prob not going to be around to much this week but I'll keep posting to my log at least! One Love ppl
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Just showing some love.

Hope your being AWOL doesn't mean you are stranded on an island somewhere. ... Oh wait...
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicRyan1 View Post
    Just showing some love.

Hope your being AWOL doesn't mean you are stranded on an island somewhere. ... Oh wait...
    Hey Buddy lol

Been way busy but it's been one of those times when you get done all those things you had accumulated and now I have a feeling of freedom u know. Like a weight lifted off my shoulders
    I even got a little paint job done and made a few bucks

ALRIGHT!!!

I've had a few workouts and 3 runs. 1 was 3 miles the other were 5 miles and 1 of those 5 mile runs sucked because I was totally beat up.

This husband on vacation thing has taken up much more of my time than I would have thought. Men! u require so much attention
    Anywho.
    I'm gonna start with yesterday
    I was a wreck yesterday before even starting to workout due to work here at the house (what all could she be doing? does it never end?? lol)

Since my whole body hurt I decided to just plan out my workouts for the week and begin the abuse with Chest and Tris (I like this new split a lot as long as I don't stay too static)
    I did less here on everything, than usual due to my deteriorated state LOL, but I stuck to a strict 45 sec rest between sets and 90 sec between exercise (mainly because I was short on time)

Bench Press
    60lbs
    6x1
    4x2
    3x1 (failure, form was shot)

Incline DB Press
    20lbs each
    8x2
    4x1
    15lbs each
    9x1

DB Fly
    10lbs each
    10x4

DB Overhead Tri
    15lbs each
    8x3 each side

Dips on the side of a chair

Pushups (because I laugh at the fart sound my stomach makes when I fall and hit the floor tiles LOL)
    3,4,3 pfffttthhpt hehehe

Just taking off my damned shirt last night felt like a feat of strength.

Today
    Abs/calves

Weighted Situps 25
    Swinging Jumpsquats 20
    Weighted Situps 25
    Calve Raises 25
    Weighted Situps 25
    Mountain Climbers 35
    3 rounds

I had another set of rounds planned including plate passes and leg lifts but we gave in and called it a night. The heat is seriously settling in here.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

I was going to upload some pics of where I went on saturday because it was such a nice time and place, but there is a size limit now and I'll have to resize. Maybe I'll get around to it tomorrow.

This morning we went on our 5 mile trail but we went walking, tomorrow we run.

Today's workout was quick explosive with very strict 45 sec between sets and 90 or less between exercise, focusing also on spot on form.

Bent Over Underhand Row
    50lbs 10x2
    8x1
    30lbs 10x2

Bent Over Fly
    10lbs each 10x4

DB Lying Row
    20lbs each 10x3
    8x1

Light Deadlifts
    30lbs 12x4

Curls
    BB 30lbs 5x1
    DB 10lbs each 10x3

This wasn't a kill it workout more of a back to basics sort of thing I'm not at all tired from it. Took my time to show Diri as correct form as possible (he isn't very flexible but we'll work on it) and getting him to do Deads for the first time. I didn't mention it on this log but I'm going to be helping my husband get into the beginning aspects of weight training and then hopefully he'll get a trainer or sign up to a gym. I'll be posting his progress on my log every once and awhile.
    Veins on my forearms are getting much more noticeable. Tomorrow I might post Diri's measurements to have progress to go by.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Your workouts sound awesome. When getting a shirt off becomes a two person job. You are either happy or hurting.

Were posting pics at about the same time.

Fun stuff.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

goodness I hadn't realized how long it had been between posts. Tonight fer sure
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

The Last Leg.....

Oh yeah right lol tonight fer sure!!!

Anywho...

Well this is it, my last month before August vacation.

Admittedly I have not progressed how i would have liked but I suppose that tends to be the more common scenario, life being what it is. I haven't been logging but I have gotten some good workouts done. Had a bit of an internet detox lol.

I have been called Enthusiastic both in my human life and my online cyborg life.
    WELL!..... u want enthusiasm? You got it. Imma gonna give ya enthusiasm up the wazooo!! This short log is going to be about absolutely smashing and destroying mental barriers!!

I'm piling a bit on my plate, since all of my projects are still coming to a head at the same time. But it ain't gonna stop me!!

One thing may be limited and that's pics (which aren't really nec for a log but I just enjoy em so much lol) The little door on my camera where u load the battery is broken and it will pop open by itself and spit out the battery. I put a tape on it but from the battery falling out it's started to fizz and the lens gets stuck so it won't focus. O whatever like u needed to know all that lol.

edit* I have an iPod

The weekend was spent with the fam, had me a few beers and lots of fun and a good workout on Friday and a little one on saturday

One goal is to update immediately after each workout.
    Questions, Comments, feel free my friends and bros. feel free

!!!!!!!!!!!!! <---- a little extra excitement

Alright!!!
    Very Good active day. I really enjoyed this workout and tried to find a way to change up leg day and it worked! lol.
    Very strict 45 sec rest between sets except with the supersets which had 0 rest between. 90 sec rest between exercises.

Legs, Shoulders, Biceps

Overhead BB Lunges:
    30lbs 10 reps each side x 3 sets each side

Deep Squat:
    80lbs 10x4
    -ss-
    Lateral DB raises:
    10lb db's 10x4

Squat Front Raise:
    20lb DB 11x1 10x3 (kettle bell would be great for this)

SL Deadlift:
    30lbs 20x3
    -ss-
    Standing Row:
    30lbs 10x3 (incredible feeling in lower back, tris and shoulders. felt tight and strong)

DB Curlz to finish:
    10lbs 8x4 (honestly pretty fried)

Tomorrow I plan on Doing Chest, Abs and Calves and on Wednesday Back and some Tricep (I'll be doing the heavier Deadlifts on Wednesday) I needed to get away a bit but really I'm so glad I'm back. I know some can understand lol. Gonna hunt some people down tonight lol see whats up in other logs.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

YARDWORK

Because this is the closest I'll ever get to cutting down my enemies with my cutlass.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

So I was cleaning my closet right after doing yardwork, and i found this old satchel bag from many eons ago.
    This old bag was my ever present companion when I used to do everything on foot.
    Suddenly i had a yearning. lol
    I desired to go on one of those long purpose driven walks that were once the norm of my youth.
    So, I grabbed the musty smelling old bag, slapped some brand new tape on my camera, picked up various other accoutrements and slipped into my torn jeans and Jimmy Hendrix Purple Haze T-shirt. I figured i might as well relive a little of my college days while I walked to pay the mortgage .

So with this new found urge to go for a long walk I promptly hopped into my pick up truck lol
    I drove to town and parked in a safe street
    Thus began my spontaneous journey.

The equipment

The beginning of Paseo Tablado de Caguas, i didn't walk it today but I would like to although it's short.

Tribute to Taino culture

My water stop in the Plaza

The path continued

Tribute to African Culture and Descendants and the Bomba dance/music.

The Route was a total of 7 miles (11+km) the first part was at a really fast pace because they where going to close the bank if I didn't get there on time lol.
    I got home awhile ago and had me something to eat, I'm hoping to get my back workout done later tonight, I gotta be honest tho, I'm pretty tired. Felt real good though and helped me get some stress off my mind. Just goes to show i thought my day was packed but I took the time I needed when I needed it and still managed to get the most important things done.
    My brave little camera held her own today
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

Really quick back workout but I was seriously surprised how much I sweated it lol

Deadlift
    80lbs 10x3
    -ss-
    Lying Row
    20lbs DB's 10x3

Only enough rest for setup

Tris ext
    20lbs 10x 1 each side
    15lbs 10x2 each side
    -ss-
    Bent Over BB Row
    60lbs 8x3

Only enough rest for setup
    Dips
    8x3
    Bent Over DB Fly
    15lbs each 15x3
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

Yesterday I was OFF

There's something wrong with me today, I woke up with a swollen eye a headache and a little bit of wheezy breathing. Going to take a benadryl and see what happens

Just did this real quick before I go out now (breathing isn't too bad if I was able to do this)
    Distance in my living room is just enough for a smaller person to do 10 spiderman crawls
    Copy cat workout (toned down version).

10 Spiderman Crawls
    10 Jump Squats + 10 Spiderman Crawls
    10 Pushups + 10 jump Squats + 10 Spiderman Crawls
    20 Mountain Climbers + 10 Jump Squats + 10 Spiderman Crawls

Next time I'm changing jumpsquat for box squat

I looked em up to make sure I would do them right, I got the flexibility down pat but i need more strength and practice to stay lower to the ground

well short on time catch ya later gotta go

Athletic Xtreme Rep

25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Answers

Yesterday I was OFF

There's something wrong with me today, I woke up with a swollen eye a headache and a little bit of wheezy breathing. Going to take a benadryl and see what happens

Just did this real quick before I go out now (breathing isn't too bad if I was able to do this)
    Distance in my living room is just enough for a smaller person to do 10 spiderman crawls
    Copy cat workout (toned down version).

10 Spiderman Crawls
    10 Jump Squats + 10 Spiderman Crawls
    10 Pushups + 10 jump Squats + 10 Spiderman Crawls
    20 Mountain Climbers + 10 Jump Squats + 10 Spiderman Crawls

Next time I'm changing jumpsquat for box squat

I looked em up to make sure I would do them right, I got the flexibility down pat but i need more strength and practice to stay lower to the ground

well short on time catch ya later gotta go

Hope ya feel better, i HATE allergies when i get them and its really weird it's always subjective to me for a few months then it just disappears... Do not understand :S
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

Turns out wasn't allergies, it is actually a sty (-_#) eeeew HATE IT!! anywho

On Saturday we went to the beach, I pieced together this pic from a few I took on the ride home. Actually I fell asleep while editing it lol.

Didn't turn out to great but decided to post it since i went through the trouble .

So we did our beach run on Saturday and chilled the rest of the day

We stopped here to snack, I had a crab filled fritter and a Mango Rum thingy

On Sunday (yesterday) We hopped on the motorcycle and decided to try ourselves out on a 10K route, I didn't do very well, but when my gas ran out for endurance I decided to try sprinting and walking and I did pretty good there. The route began and ended at my inlaws and they have a pool so as soon as we got back we peeled down to our bathing suites and jumped in. Awesome Idea!!! We swam around a bit, snacked on fruit, watched a few Marvel Super hero movies lol and headed home on the bike. we did some quick workouts when we got home I did legs:

Squat 80lbs
    15x4

Over Head BB Lunges
    30lbs
    20x3 alternating legs

F Squat, B Squat, SLDL
    10,10,15 x 4 no rest between

called it a day a good one at that
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

Busy day just got in a late quick chest workout
    I felt odd but got it done anyway

Bench Press
    60lbs
    10x1, 6x1, 4x1, 3x1

Incline DB Press
    20lbs
    8x3

DB fly
    15lbs
    8x3

Pushups
    9, 6, 5 (plop! lol)

Tomorrow I plan on running 5 miles, there's a 5k coming up and Diri is helping me prepare, also I'm already trying to focus on the 10k in Feb (6 months until) to run it again. I wish with all my heart I could run it in 55 min so that's what I'll aim for. Maybe I'm a bit early but it's helping me focus on running so that'a alright

Athletic Xtreme Rep

28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Answers

Turns out wasn't allergies, it is actually a sty (-_#) eeeew HATE IT!! anywho

On Saturday we went to the beach, I pieced together this pic from a few I took on the ride home. Actually I fell asleep while editing it lol.

Didn't turn out to great but decided to post it since i went through the trouble .

So we did our beach run on Saturday and chilled the rest of the day

We stopped here to snack, I had a crab filled fritter and a Mango Rum thingy

On Sunday (yesterday) We hopped on the motorcycle and decided to try ourselves out on a 10K route, I didn't do very well, but when my gas ran out for endurance I decided to try sprinting and walking and I did pretty good there. The route began and ended at my inlaws and they have a pool so as soon as we got back we peeled down to our bathing suites and jumped in. Awesome Idea!!! We swam around a bit, snacked on fruit, watched a few Marvel Super hero movies lol and headed home on the bike. we did some quick workouts when we got home I did legs:

Squat 80lbs
    15x4

Over Head BB Lunges
    30lbs
    20x3 alternating legs

F Squat, B Squat, SLDL
    10,10,15 x 4 no rest between

called it a day a good one at that
    Woww, that's such a beautiful place to live.. I would probably get hit by a car because i would be staring out off into the ocean haha

Great job on the workouts!
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

Thanx Tiny! I've been over at your log and you have been doing some awesome volume workouts, great stuff!
    PR really is nice, we've got our troubles like any place but the Flora, the views, the trails, rivers and beaches are really just spectacular and the people here in the country are great.

I'm feeling really good right now, just got in from my run, don't know the distance but kept at it for an hour, tonight I haul some weights
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Man I missed a lot. You've really been killing it.

Love all the pictures.
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

RYAN!!
    lol Been trying to kill it, but my shovel arm seems to be off swing a bit.

The pix are the blogger in me still can't seem to get my site the way I want it.

Went through a bad spell where I leaned on some heavy probs so as not to get all my workouts done. Hate it when that happens, trying to live by the No Excuses motto is hard lol. But I'm getting in some good runs (I really want to hit that 10K hard in February) and will be posting again today.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

32. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Answers

RYAN!!
    lol Been trying to kill it, but my shovel arm seems to be off swing a bit.

The pix are the blogger in me still can't seem to get my site the way I want it.

Went through a bad spell where I leaned on some heavy probs so as not to get all my workouts done. Hate it when that happens, trying to live by the No Excuses motto is hard lol. But I'm getting in some good runs (I really want to hit that 10K hard in February) and will be posting again today.
    Don't sweat it, things ALWAYS will get better so look at it that way!
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks Tiny! I log over at AX and forgot to get back over here, I've been doing pretty good with my runs

I've recently been very into running again (almost daily) and enjoying myself immensely. Now I've decided to start a program to help me gradually improve my 10k time over the course of the next few months with periodic 10k tests every 8 weeks. I'm starting out in the novice category and combining with 3 days of weight training.

My motivation came with my recent running and the desire to really be faster and have a lot more endurance. All of my goals up until the 10k in February will revolve around this.
    10k doesn't seem like a lot to some but it's still my beast to defeat
    Who knows maybe someday I'll run a marathon.....or a half marathon? completely possible

Weight training will pretty much follow the new guide that was put up in the training section at AX. I read it and felt it would pair well with what I have in mind although legs are really going to take a beating I'm hoping to ease into it in these first weeks of novice training that are really pretty easy

First week is basically:
    Sunday, 3miles
    Monday, Strength + Stretch (weight training)
    Tuesday 2.5 miles
    Wednesday 30min Cross training
    Thursday Strength + 2miles (weight training)
    Friday Rest
    Saturday Strength + 40min Cross training (weight training)

I've tried it out similarly this whole week since Sunday and it really adds up. This is going to be Sweet!

Diet
    I'm going to have to tweak my macros here and there and I'll probably have to move away a bit from IF until I'm more comfortable. But I still haven't worked anything definitive here yet and am open to suggestions. Diet is something I rarely comment on and hope to correct that.

Supplementation
    AX nuff said lol

No ok really
    Creatine
    Axcell BCAA
    Stimx when needed
    Carnobolic (I <3 you Carnobolic)
    Lean FX (been off it for awhile)
    Fishoil
    Multi
    and I'm gonna try out our Old School Ramapage

Official Begin Date was Sunday, August 7th 2011

Sunday:
    Ran 3 miles

Monday, August 8th, 2011:

Schedule:
    10K Training:
    Stretch

Weight Training:
    Squat 5 x 15
    Bench Press 5 x 15
    Assisted Pull Ups 5 x 15
    Dumbell Curls 5 x 15
    Close Grip Bench Press 5 x 15
    Abs Weight Machine 5 x 15

Didn't put weight up because it was sort of all over the place while I'm getting used to this set up, in addition to the above, afterwards, I played around with a leg press machine did a few with 150 felt pretty awesome. The gym here at the resort isn't very complete no cable machines for lat pull downs and we did pull ups on the smith machine.
    This is going to take some getting used to, since I don't tend to go very high on reps or if I do it's not usually more than 3 or 4 sets. Man did I feel pumped, I kept looking at myself in the mirror thinking i was walking weird or something lol. felt great, worked on my tan and my swimming the rest of the day, Sunday I swam a lot too. I've never been very graceful in the water so Diri is have fun teaching me to swim, The sea was really shook up and I had a great time sputtering and splashing and fighting the current.

Nice isn't it
    I hope to get more pix, I stole these from my aunt in law

this is a lake we went to on Sunday

Today:
    3 mile run so far
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Answers

As always, super impressed.

And love the pictures.

Post your 10k times as they improve. Great motivation.
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Answers

Wow great setup to run and great game plan for running! You should have no problem with improving your time with that layout
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

Will definitely post my times after each 10k test Thanks for stopping by guys, good to see you around Ryan, hope all is well.

Tuesday
    Did a 3 mile run , needless to say we had to walk a bit now and again but the goal for now is to always make the distance, and today's schedule actually called for 2.5. We hit the water later for a swim then played volleyball

Wednesday we did quite a bit of swimming and walking on the sand for our cross training much more than the 40min scheduled.

Today (Thursday actually)

Thursday, August 11th, 2011
    Schedule:
    10K Training:
    3.4 miles
    Weight Training;
    Deadlift 5 x 15
    Incline Bench Press 5 x 15
    Dumbell Curlz 5 x 15
    Close Grip B Press 5 x 15
    Abs 5 x 15
    Notes: We were scheduled for 2 miles and ended up doing 3.4 ran very well and even got in a few all out sprints, just felt like i had a lot of energy to get out. I actually felt the need to sprint lol. Weight training was on point, felt crazy pumped, deads were at 75 + the big bar so it must be more than at home. Should be able to get a decent weight up at a lower rep range.
    Just got back from a good swim, but gave in early cause I'm pooped lol.
    Got these nice little veins popping in my forearms
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

I posted this progress pic over at AX on Thursday I think, I took it at the hotel I stayed in last week

Not where I wanted to be yet but feel and see improvement feeling very very good, very happy with how I'm looking and where I'm going

missed my Saturday weight training but decided to keep on with the program

Monday August 15th 2011

Weight Training:
    Squat 5 x 10
    Bench Press 5 x 10
    Assisted Pull Ups 5 x 5 And I mean assisted! my hubby got a great arms workout helpin me lol
    Dumbell Curls 5 x 10
    Close Grip Bench Press 5 x 10
    Abs 5 x 25 blech

Probably in for some new gym equipment soon woooooo!!!!

Read a line just now from a book I've always enjoyed,
    "It's a long road back to Eden, so don't sweat the small stuff"
    Insomnia
    Stephen King
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Niiiiice hotel picture. You look fantastic if I may.

5 x 5 for pull ups is great, even for most in shape guys. (even if you man had to help lol)

Scary books, movies and anything I don't really get... Who want to be scared? Not I says the anabolic Ryan.
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

Thanx Ryan

Yesterday had a really good 3mile run (5k) felt fantastic, I'm letting myself have more carbs now that I'm training for running and I really felt the energy yesterday.
    TOday I believe I have some cross training scheduled, haven't really gotten in a good bought of cross training so lets see what happens.

Scary books I dig them, scary movies not so much lol
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

Yesterday I was scheduled to do cross training, I spent the whole day in the yard, pulling some shrubbery and making a front entry to the porch, planting stuff and moving dirt around so I set up one of my courses that I make up.
    Uphill and straight wheel barrow runs with dirt
    16" Rim hurdles lol
    and flower pot shuttle runs (Like with those orange cones but with flower pots, I run zigzag and bend to touch)
    5 or 6 rounds

I caught hubby smiling at me. I asked "What?" he basically said he could see my traps and veins, I asked "So, what do u think" and he gave me a thumbs up and said "Sexy".
    very cool.
    I mean I do this for me, but I likes the compliments

Today
    So I ran 3 again, not exactly all three were running, I'm a little beat up and it was on the road which is a lot tougher for me. Freakin HOT!

weights later

My life in a picture lol
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

•