Da Guuurly Log (now on AM)

Page 4 of 8 First ... 23456 ... Last

1. Thank u very much guys. And I'm glad to see she's improving Ryan.

Spent the late morning and afternoon with her at the hospital then took my shift at the house with my grand aunt and my grandma's husband. 88 and 93.
    She's doing fine, keeping food down finally but she gets stubborn and refuses to eat food she doesn't like. She was strong enough t walk herself to the bathroom today so that was great to see. We got to joking and she was in a good mood.
    Got home around 6 with all the traffic was really drained, been running between the computer and things around the house.

I just worked myself up to do 8 burpees hope to get in 4 more sets before 12 (it's almost 10:30 here) weak I know but I want to keep up with the burpee challenge at least
    [email protected]
    http://www.facebook.com/Athleticxtreme
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

2. Quote Originally Posted by Mrodz View Post
    Thank u very much guys. And I'm glad to see she's improving Ryan.

Spent the late morning and afternoon with her at the hospital then took my shift at the house with my grand aunt and my grandma's husband. 88 and 93.
    She's doing fine, keeping food down finally but she gets stubborn and refuses to eat food she doesn't like. She was strong enough t walk herself to the bathroom today so that was great to see. We got to joking and she was in a good mood.
    Got home around 6 with all the traffic was really drained, been running between the computer and things around the house.

I just worked myself up to do 8 burpees hope to get in 4 more sets before 12 (it's almost 10:30 here) weak I know but I want to keep up with the burpee challenge at least
    Haha. If it helps my gram says the reason she is staying healthy is because it takes a lot of effort to give me hell. My response is always "very funny grandma" knowing she is completely serious.

I love old people... . Her joking around is a great sign.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/173797-one-small-step.html Getting my ass beat and logging it.
    •   

3. She is doing great today! We should be able to get her home tomorrow! I got old ppl duty tomorrow lol.
    Apparently her doc says she has diverticulitis. Weird cause I'll tell u why in min.
    I Finally went to my Doc and I told him my theories and ideas and he pretty much ignored them. He says that he isn't going to check for allergies because he doesn't believe it is any sort of allergy. I told him that I feel that when I eat lots of bread, pasta and sugar is when I get bloated and he says (translated) "Well I doubt very much your having a reaction to the pasta or a sugar maaaaybe a reaction to eggs used in it, but I had a client once that turned out to be allergic to eggs but he'd been eating eggs for years" He told me that as if that explained something.
    So i leave feeling like he didn't pay much attention to what I was saying. I have to get a whole bunch of lab work done and a ct scan because he says there's a chance it might be diverticulitis, weird.

He didn't give any importance to my diet or nutrition I don't understand that but whatever, just going to get those tests done for now.

I went to the Track today to run a bit, and there where the highschool track teams doing some cool things like hurdles and sleigh sprints (where that drag a weight behind them) and I remembered my my home made sleigh at home, I ran, sprinted and jogged 2 miles then got in the car and went home.

I got a set of rims that I have in the shed and set them up as my hurdles, only four so I added a small table at the end. Photos aren't to good cause it was the ipod and they sun was going down

This is my sleigh, its an ex-kitty litter box that has served for a plant nursery for a few years. It had 15lb plate in it.

And the Barrow with a little dirt in it.

So I'd run a lap, Push the barrow up the hill running as fast as I could, then jump the hurdles then drop and do 5 burpess ran around the house, lowered Barrow and then ran to the sleigh for a two way sprint, then I started again. This felt like serious business and did take some good rest between a few rounds but damn it was fun. I am reeealy sleepy!!!

Tomorrow I'm going with my dad to buy some chickens (live ones)
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

4. Ignored by doctors... Funny eh... Especially when you are paying them. We're dealing with the same stuff.

Hope chicken hunting went well.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/173797-one-small-step.html Getting my ass beat and logging it.

5. Ok Back at it

I was doing a lot of things at once like always. I am building a little chicken coop for my future chickens. I went to see them but I didn't buy them because my dad convinced me to build their home first because they grow really quick (and as nutty as he is, my dad knows I'm a procrastinator) It's almost finished and I already have the little cage ready for while their chicks. I'm very excited
    Was setting up an overhang to protect my air compressor so that i can work even when it's raining. Before I would have to cover it up and turn it off.
    Getting some work done on some of the cars we're planning to sell. (there's 3 of em)
    Doing a little dirt work for my future raised garden.
    Anyway I was allover the place and I just couldn't figure out what sort of routine I wanted to do to work out.

So I thought, what haven't I done in awhile?
    And brain said bench press

To Start Off:
    Bench Press
    60lbs 5 x 4 (felt easy and strong but didn't push for more)
    -ss-
    Jump Squat
    8x 4

Did the little track I posted the pix about on my last post. 3 times as fast as I could manage.
    Small lap, car rim hurdles (they reach my knees), burpees, down hill wheel barrow, 2 way weighted sprints, uphill wheel barrow. then start again
    I did 3 of those, I felt like throwing up, so for some reason, without thinking, I went to the fridge and bit a pickle!! and It helped! barfy feeling went away :/
    anyway
    got my BB and Db's

Did these next ones in circuit mode

Bent Over Fly
    15lbs each 6x2 8x1

Side lift w/ Squat
    10lbs each 10x3

Military Press
    30lbs 8x3

Straight Leg DL
    30lbs 15x3

Front Squat
    30lbs 15x3

Back Squat
    30lbs 15x3

Arnolds
    15lbs each 6x3

2 min rest between rounds

The whole workout was done fast, heart was pumping and after I finished I layed down on the floor tiles for awhile cause they were nice and cooool.

during my burpees I fell on my butt when I went to jump up lol and bit my tongue. I lost my balance and actually sort of threw myself backwards. :S

Grandma's been home since saturday

I feel like my stamina is getting better, which is great.

I think I covered everything :P
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

•   

6. Chickens are great pets! I had 2 since they hatched when I lived back home in Hawaii. They were hand trained and when I'd stick my arms out, they'd squat so I could pick them up. One of them would always hop the fence EVERY single morning and wait for me by the driver side door of my car. I'd have to pick her up and toss her back over the fence.

I got two fresh brown eggs every single morning and they were good. One thing to keep in mind is that you have to give them a lot of roaming time otherwise they'll stress out being couped up too long. My chix feathers started falling out after about a year or so, and I cured it by giving them more free time. Boy do I miss my chix!

7. Quote Originally Posted by kanakafarian View Post
    Chickens are great pets! I had 2 since they hatched when I lived back home in Hawaii. They were hand trained and when I'd stick my arms out, they'd squat so I could pick them up. One of them would always hop the fence EVERY single morning and wait for me by the driver side door of my car. I'd have to pick her up and toss her back over the fence.

I got two fresh brown eggs every single morning and they were good. One thing to keep in mind is that you have to give them a lot of roaming time otherwise they'll stress out being couped up too long. My chix feathers started falling out after about a year or so, and I cured it by giving them more free time. Boy do I miss my chix!
    I will definitely post pix of my new babies as soon as I get them
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

8. Well my friends. Got a quick ab routine done with hubby, included passing around a 15lb plate in various ways, some planks and hand walk outs, mountain climbers and burpees (of course lol) V situp etc...
    It seemed like a lot.

I went to see grandma today and got soooo mad. Here arms are complete bruises and the IV seems to have caused her arm to swell I know this happens a lot but grrrr.... She's fine tho for now, just a lot of discomfort.

Went to another agro center today but they didn't have chicks, although I almost came home with the cutest little pig.

Ryansm I am def wanting to get on the paleo the more I read about it and I don't even have the book yet, but sooooon...

and Josh I am still Loving Fighters Heart, almost finished.
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

9. Quote Originally Posted by Mrodz View Post
    Ryansm I am def wanting to get on the paleo the more I read about it and I don't even have the book yet, but sooooon...
    Me too, as soon as I get the book I'll probably start planning.

10. I got a run in today 5 miles, no rain....lots of sun. Didn't run the whoooole thing but I did a good job. That's all I got to report, but I am very happy with it.
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

11. I got me some hot chicks, i was going to wait to show them off until I post my workout but I can't wait. My little fuzzy butts!!!

I have three of these

and three of these
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

12. Can I taste them! Wait. I mean pet.

Yeah... pet. Yummm. :P

13. As we do on facebook: LIKE

The first pic reminds me of my chicks when I first got them.

14. Holy cow, i mean chick *PUN hahahahahahaha lame humor* but yeah it looks like your not having an issue at all with your training and i'm liking this site more and more. A lot more friendly people who like to discuss the odds and ends of life
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me

15. Quote Originally Posted by anabolicRyan1 View Post
    Can I taste them! Wait. I mean pet.

Yeah... pet. Yummm. :P
    I posted these guys on my facebook and at least two friends gave me dinner serving suggestions lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kanakafarian View Post
    As we do on facebook: LIKE

The first pic reminds me of my chicks when I first got them.
    I'm in love with the little guys, My dog Isis tried to run off with one today while I was cleaning the cage and I almost freaked. But she put her down quick as I yelled and she was fine. Isis is a good dog, very obedient.

Quote Originally Posted by thetinyguy View Post
    Holy cow, i mean chick *PUN hahahahahahaha lame humor* but yeah it looks like your not having an issue at all with your training and i'm liking this site more and more. A lot more friendly people who like to discuss the odds and ends of life
    LOL, The only issue with my training is me and time, I'm so very disorganized that my workouts suffer. I need to regroup almost weekly in order t get things crankin. The plan this week is to hit it hard, separating body groups and a full body routine on the weekend.
    I'm behind on some of my artwork and playing catchup but then again, I just invested in a brand new medium that I plan to learn very excited about it. LOL.

ok enough chit chat, Tomorrow a workout I promise
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

16. Quote Originally Posted by Mrodz View Post
    I posted these guys on my facebook and at least two friends gave me dinner serving suggestions lol.

I'm in love with the little guys, My dog Isis tried to run off with one today while I was cleaning the cage and I almost freaked. But she put her down quick as I yelled and she was fine. Isis is a good dog, very obedient.

LOL, The only issue with my training is me and time, I'm so very disorganized that my workouts suffer. I need to regroup almost weekly in order t get things crankin. The plan this week is to hit it hard, separating body groups and a full body routine on the weekend.
    I'm behind on some of my artwork and playing catchup but then again, I just invested in a brand new medium that I plan to learn very excited about it. LOL.

ok enough chit chat, Tomorrow a workout I promise
    I've always been so so with painting and drawing but i'm hoping one day i can get it all down right Even if you get disorganized at times your still doing something!
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me

17. Thanx tinyguy, for the encouragement.
    I don't know if this link works for everyone but if it does this is a small sample of what I do http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3&l=e198275918

Most were unfinished at the time of posting, I'm working on a portfolio to display the finished works.
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

18. Quote Originally Posted by Mrodz View Post
    Thanx tinyguy, for the encouragement.
    I don't know if this link works for everyone but if it does this is a small sample of what I do http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3&l=e198275918

Most were unfinished at the time of posting, I'm working on a portfolio to display the finished works.
    W...O...W

Seriously jealous of your skill

Hopefully i can learn to steady my hand enough to do some drawings

19. I'm very glad u enjoyed my art, it's one of my great vanities. I hope to have many more up soon.

I did my 5 miles today with hubby, will do Wednesday and Friday as well. Sun is harsh!! but I run through some great views, very pretty and the Flamboyan are starting to flower also some of the "Reina de las Flores" (Queen of Flowers) which are a large rounded dark leaved tree that bloom heavily with either dark purple or bright pink bunches. very pretty.
    Mango trees are heavy with fruit right now....yummy.
    Will post some pix soon.

Upper body weights later today, probably early evening, will concentrate on back.
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

20. Alright, true to what I posted this morning. I'm taking a different approach this week

I did
    Back:

Reverse Grip BB Rows
    60lbs 8x ////

Lying DB Rows
    15lbs each 15x ////

Bent Over Fly
    15lbs each 10x ////

will go for more weight nxt time
    20 min on bike
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

21. Quote Originally Posted by Mrodz View Post
    I did my 5 miles today with hubby, will do Wednesday and Friday as well. Sun is harsh!! but I run through some great views, very pretty and the Flamboyan are starting to flower also some of the "Reina de las Flores" (Queen of Flowers) which are a large rounded dark leaved tree that bloom heavily with either dark purple or bright pink bunches. very pretty.
    Mango trees are heavy with fruit right now....yummy.
    Will post some pix soon.

Upper body weights later today, probably early evening, will concentrate on back.
    Harsh sun?! Jeez, you don't have to rub it in! It's still pretty chilly and wet in the PNW! Bleh!

22. Quote Originally Posted by kanakafarian View Post
    Harsh sun?! Jeez, you don't have to rub it in! It's still pretty chilly and wet in the PNW! Bleh!
    Hahaha sorry, over at the AX forums I was posting beach pix while everyone was snowed in. They hated me for a little while

Just got in from a run, today was different we did intervals of all out sprints, jogs and walks. Hubby was acting trainer today so this was muuuch more intense than if I had been alone,

Evening:this was more to get the blood pumpin an doo something!
    Bike
    abs
    bike
    pushups
    bike
    Jumpsquats
    bike
    3 times

tried to jump rope for a bit, but kep having this zinging feeling in my thighs, annoying
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

23. I tried doing rowing interval training which is my equivalent to sprints for the most part.
    After feeling like I was going to puke subsided, I felt it really helped.

Keep up the hard work!

And I don't know what exactly it is, but I love training my girlfriend as well. haha. It's like you can be "mean" and get away with it. "come on babe, you can't do one more set?"

24. Quote Originally Posted by anabolicRyan1 View Post
    I tried doing rowing interval training which is my equivalent to sprints for the most part.

Keep up the hard work!

And I don't know what exactly it is, but I love training my girlfriend as well. haha. It's like you can be "mean" and get away with it. "come on babe, you can't do one more set?"
    I've always wanted to give a rowing machine a shot but my gym doesn't have one...

25. Quote Originally Posted by anabolicRyan1 View Post
    I tried doing rowing interval training which is my equivalent to sprints for the most part.

Keep up the hard work!

I will, i promise
    It's great for blowing off steam lol.

Quote Originally Posted by thetinyguy View Post
    I've always wanted to give a rowing machine a shot but my gym doesn't have one...
    I miss the gym soooo much sometimes, but I might pay for a month iin July (a month before my vacation)

I'm donating blood tomorrow
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

•