Da Guuurly Log (now on AM)

Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Do it!!! Great finisher to a leg day, truck pushing is awesome for posterior chain and even helps for a faster recovery after a workout

This pix for u Judo, One of my two hibiscus plants, this one was blooming today so I snapped a pic. I have another variety growing close by too.

Checking this site out now http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...g=content;col1, I like this idea of pushing the car. I used to do it all the time when I was at the shop, but usually it was the 3 of us. and of course only when a car would't start!

This ones for Delta, it's the cement weight we first made that I've kept, already about 6 yrs old, used a paint can LOL. Used it as a dirt compacter, a tie post and as an anchor for various objects
    [email protected]
    http://www.facebook.com/Athleticxtreme
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

2. Did some serious yard work today for about 2 straight hours. I do some machete chopping now and then, grass can get tall really fast here. I'm a little new to the mowing part and find it very taxing to be pushing that damned machine over uneven ground. and it's not one of those fancy ones either, it's the cheapest mower you can buy with a motor attached LOL. Also I consciously run with it through the straighter more even parts for extra exercise.

Workout today was very similar to my last leg day

Squat
    80lbs 12x //// /

DeadLift
    80lbs 8x ////

UpHill DB Lunges
    This is an older pic, but just so u guys get the idea of the hill.
    it's in the background, ignore the lovely hat

another view
    takes 20 lunges to reach the top
    15lbs each DB
    3 sets

Felt better today with these than the last time I did them

Lowered the BB to 30lbs and did these alternating from one to the other without resting in between.
    Front Squat 8x ///
    Back Squat 8x ///

I finished everything off with 4 uphill runs (well at least as fast as I could manage without tipping) with the wheel barrow with some dirt a pick and a shovel in it.

Feelin good. Got some brand new measurements and am def making some progress

Old Measurements
    Taken on 3/7/2011

Weight 113.4
    Height 5'1"
    Chest 31
    Waist 25.25
    Hips 34.25
    Thighs 21.75
    Upper Arms 11
    Forearms 8.25
    Calves 12.75

New Measurments (today)
    Weight 111.8 -1.6lbs
    Height 5'1"
    Chest 31
    Waist 24.75 -0.5
    Hips 33.5 -0.75
    Thighs 21.5 -0.25
    Upper Arms 11.5 +0.5
    Forearms 8.5 +0.25
    Calves 12.75 = I'm not sure if I've ever seen any change here

I should put up a new progress pic too but I don't have one, last me pic I have is my avatar, maybe tomorrow I'll get one up if I remember

The reason I'm putting up new measurements before August (my goal is Abs For August!) is because I've decided to change things up with my supps
    Change: adding Hard FX
    This is a purely experimental using myself as a Guinea Pig deal, I've read there should be no problem and some benefit in using a product that could raise test and has an anti-estrogen.
    I'm sure many of you would understand the guinea pig thing.

Any probs I'll stop immediately
    First dose taken today in the morning

To review what I take
    I use Axcell for my Bcaa's
    Carnobolic for my beta-alanine (L-carnosine actually)
    cortisol blocker LeanFX
    Acai Berry- antioxidant
    My multi
    Fish Oils

Last two been taking a few years used to take green tea but ran out. Acai is a new addition since last year. Haven't bought my green tea again but I want to.

i think I'm missing something but this post has taken so damn long and I'm tired LOL. plus I got a few things to do before bed.

now I am going to hit submit, if there is any prob with this post I will edit tomorrow LOL
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

•   

3. I woke up this morning singing "Head shoulders Knees and Toes Knees and Tooooes" totally out of the blue. Don't know if u guys had to sing that at your elementary school but they apparently burned it into my brain.

Today turned out to be a surprise Off day, I'm glad the weekend was fairly active
    Been on the road most of the day helping my dad move some furniture and stuff, just got home and still have an ishload of stuff to do. Although no workout it has been a very nice day.
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

4. I just saw the Corona comment LOL, I'll lure them in with beeeeer hahaha!!

Today was one of those, I keep getting trumped days. You know where u keep planning **** and it goes awry, so I had to keep adjusting. First I was gonna run in the morning, didn't happen.
    Then I was going to run before going to my grandmothers, didn't happen.
    Then I was going to run right before my workout after taking my mom home, didn't happen

Was then going to do a full body fast paced workout but since I was behind had to work my way around some things so I changed up to shoulders (which I feel need to really fill out) Anywho

I usually begin upper body workouts either with Bench or just lately with Pull ups (but didn't have my spotter today for the assisteds.) Bench because I really like it lol and Pull ups because I reeeaaaly want to do pull ups, like 10 in a row Ha!! I will i will.

Today I started with shoulders and ended up mainly concentrating on them.

BB Military Press
    35lbs 8x///
    6x //

Arnolds 15lbs each
    8x/// (got shaky right at the end)

Bent Over Fly
    15lbs each 8x///

High Lat raise
    10lbs 8x///

Moved on to Abs: Fast paced
    (When I grabbed the pull up bar for the hanging raises I ended up doing two pullups LOL couldn't resist, was surprised I got them done because shoulders were fried)
    hanging knee raise 12 x ///
    V on Bench 12 x ///
    Ab Roller 12 x ///

Calve Raises holdin 15 Db's - I never do calve raises and I should, I must! lol I felt this burn all the way up to my glute muscles. The burn got annoying.
    20x /// fast

Sprints for 25 min with Daphne

Got in a more effective workout than I had thought was possible but even tho wish I'd had more time for more, had the music going got to dancing and having a good time, Tomorrow I should be able to get in a good early looong run. Still have so much to get done before bed :/ sigh*
    My log is so messy
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

5. ALright, I didn't get much done yesterday, been a little busy. Which is bothersome
    I did something stupid today :/
    I got mad at a pile of wood that fell over that I was messing with in my yard. I kicked it...hard...a lot harder than I would have thought. It's been a loooong time sing I've lashed out in anger LOL so last time I kicked something I probably was a lot weaker than now (u see that? trying to change a neg into a positive, lol)
    Anyway foots been getting worse as I walk, two middle toes hurt a bit to move and front of foot is a little swollen i was only wearing little rubber mocassins.

So again today I just kept doing things, if I had better time management skills this wouldn't be a prob. I really have to work on it because I'm sure I could have gotten a good workout in.

Either way what i did do was put some erratic alarms on my phone and kitchen stove. then each time it would sound I'd either do a set of pullups, pushups planks, dips or situps. It wasn't a workout per se but I did feel really strong on my pushups and got in some fast sets of 12 going low and feeling really good form all the way through to my legs. Great muscle and body awareness today (which makes me even more regretful of not getting in an actual session)

Pull ups was great practice today (or yesterday cause it' after midnight) got in 4 sets of 2! lol and then since i was alone I would jump up to get into the top pull up position, lower my self down a little and then back up quick (halfsies I guess) Don't remember sets but reps was like 4 or 5. Also tried some fast high rep bench presses with 30lbs because I read here that it's good for bench training. i think i did 12x4

Didn't do anything for legs because of the Foot.

Friday is my big cheat day cooked by me.
    Chili pepper Chuck Steak w/ mini coconut corn bread muffins and potatoes with olive oil garlic and basil. Also some coconut curry veggies. (sounds weird, tastes divine) accompanied by Cerveza Presidente !!!!!!! oh man

Please, I have to get a good one done tomorrow!
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

•   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Mrodz View Post
    ALright, I didn't get much done yesterday, been a little busy. Which is bothersome
    I did something stupid today :/
    I got mad at a pile of wood that fell over that I was messing with in my yard. I kicked it...hard...a lot harder than I would have thought. It's been a loooong time sing I've lashed out in anger LOL so last time I kicked something I probably was a lot weaker than now (u see that? trying to change a neg into a positive, lol)
    Anyway foots been getting worse as I walk, two middle toes hurt a bit to move and front of foot is a little swollen i was only wearing little rubber mocassins.

So again today I just kept doing things, if I had better time management skills this wouldn't be a prob. I really have to work on it because I'm sure I could have gotten a good workout in.

Either way what i did do was put some erratic alarms on my phone and kitchen stove. then each time it would sound I'd either do a set of pullups, pushups planks, dips or situps. It wasn't a workout per se but I did feel really strong on my pushups and got in some fast sets of 12 going low and feeling really good form all the way through to my legs. Great muscle and body awareness today (which makes me even more regretful of not getting in an actual session)

Pull ups was great practice today (or yesterday cause it' after midnight) got in 4 sets of 2! lol and then since i was alone I would jump up to get into the top pull up position, lower my self down a little and then back up quick (halfsies I guess) Don't remember sets but reps was like 4 or 5. Also tried some fast high rep bench presses with 30lbs because I read here that it's good for bench training. i think i did 12x4

Didn't do anything for legs because of the Foot.

Friday is my big cheat day cooked by me.
    Chili pepper Chuck Steak w/ mini coconut corn bread muffins and potatoes with olive oil garlic and basil. Also some coconut curry veggies. (sounds weird, tastes divine) accompanied by Cerveza Presidente !!!!!!! oh man

Please, I have to get a good one done tomorrow!
    Actually, doing negative pull-ups are a good way to build strength to do regular pull-ups. And take care of those toes!

7. Thanks Kanakafarian

Diet this weekend got shot! Among other dietary screw up this weekend, A friend mentioned Pancakes! and I had two for breakfast yesterday my weakness, those crispy buttery edges. Droooooooooool....

Anyway I'm going to post quickly because I have so much to do, it's been awhile since I've been this seriously busy but I'm loving it and hope to be able to show u guys some good artwork soon.

OK, leg work on saturday, did my squats and uphills got practicing on hacksquts and goodmornings (I reme,bered i used to love Hacksquats) I'm shopping around for a bar that will hold more weight and that has a wider grip for things like Hang power clean and such.

Did a little fast full body on Sunday Woo hoo!!! I was surprised to get that one in, probably helped that my internet company had an outage LOL!!!!

My mom told me I'm looking strong.

overall feeling: Fabulous LOL!!

Ok lot of luv guys, off to continue my busy day!!!
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

8. Quote Originally Posted by Mrodz View Post
    Thanks Kanakafarian

Diet this weekend got shot! Among other dietary screw up this weekend, A friend mentioned Pancakes! and I had two for breakfast yesterday my weakness, those crispy buttery edges. Droooooooooool....

Anyway I'm going to post quickly because I have so much to do, it's been awhile since I've been this seriously busy but I'm loving it and hope to be able to show u guys some good artwork soon.

OK, leg work on saturday, did my squats and uphills got practicing on hacksquts and goodmornings (I reme,bered i used to love Hacksquats) I'm shopping around for a bar that will hold more weight and that has a wider grip for things like Hang power clean and such.

Did a little fast full body on Sunday Woo hoo!!! I was surprised to get that one in, probably helped that my internet company had an outage LOL!!!!

My mom told me I'm looking strong.

overall feeling: Fabulous LOL!!

Ok lot of luv guys, off to continue my busy day!!!
    Black Iron pipe from home depot or lowes or whatever similar store you guys got out there

I made a thick bar using the 2" pipe for my Olympic plates, it looks like you got them old school sand filled plates so I am guessing they have around an inch inner diameter.

Just go to the piping section, pick out a 1" OD black pipe, they come in 10ft so have them cut it to 7ft and you will have 3ft left over in which you can cut in half and get to DB handles too.

That pipe should hold a decent amount of weight and will prolly only cost about $20 bucks Just pick up some hose clamps or zip ties to keep the plates from sliding in and dont stand the bar up with plates on it for for deadlifts, hack squats, squats, cleans, etc the bar would be level most of the time anyway so you shouldnt have a problem, I use hose clamps and they work fine

To add thickness you can use some 2" PVC pipe and wrap the bar with some pipe cladding.

Just wrap the pipe cladding around the bar and duck tape it around the cladding and them slide the PVC pipe over the cladding. Again place some hose clamps where the cladding ends and it will help keep that in place and the plates will keep the PVC in place and viola! Homemade thick bar for your 1" plates..
    PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

9. This speaks directly to my "Homemade" DIY soul
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

10. Quote Originally Posted by Mrodz View Post
    Oh yeah!! I order a full stack and only eat the outside edges, with bacon of course!

11. Yesterday Nut n' Honey and today too.
    Hope I can make up for the straggling the few days left this week. the workouts I have gotten in the past few days haven't felt like quality and I really have to start running for distance again.

At least I'm back on track with the IF and cleaner meals.

[email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

12. Quote Originally Posted by Mrodz View Post
    At least I'm back on track with the IF and cleaner meals.
    So no more pancake edges?! I'm not your friend anymore!

13. Quote Originally Posted by Mrodz View Post
    This speaks directly to my "Homemade" DIY soul

I LOVE homemade equipment. I just picked me up a old bowling ball and gonna try and make me a mase out of it to do some shoulder work with.. I have a couple of pieces in my gym that I have made and I love em!

If you decide to make that thick bar I described post up some pics of the process, I am sure many people can benefit from a cool lil write up of the process
    PESCIENCE.COM

14. pancakes iz wicked sneaky, they always come back O.o

Sometimes with fruit toppingz
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

15. Quote Originally Posted by Mrodz View Post
    pancakes iz wicked sneaky, they always come back O.o

Sometimes with fruit toppingz
    I make these banana pancakes that I think are amazing! All it is, is bananas, eggs, almond meal & egg protein mix. I dont eat grains anymore really so this is my alternative and pretty tasty if I do say so myself
    PESCIENCE.COM

16. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post

I LOVE homemade equipment. I just picked me up a old bowling ball and gonna try and make me a mase out of it to do some shoulder work with.. I have a couple of pieces in my gym that I have made and I love em!

If you decide to make that thick bar I described post up some pics of the process, I am sure many people can benefit from a cool lil write up of the process
    I'll def make it before buying it lol. specially since I can keep using the weights I have with it. I was meaning to ask, what is cladding?

And If I make I am definitely taking pictures

I've had a few ideas for a pulley system have u ever seen that done?
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

17. Quote Originally Posted by Mrodz View Post
    I'll def make it before buying it lol. specially since I can keep using the weights I have with it. I was meaning to ask, what is cladding?

And If I make I am definitely taking pictures

I've had a few ideas for a pulley system have u ever seen that done?
    Pipe cladding is also called pipe insulation

I thought of rigging up a pull down station to my power cage but then came across a pulley setup for $50 so never went through with it.
    PESCIENCE.COM

18. Thanks again Josh

Today was a very good day! Started running again! been completely off only about 2 weeks I think but it feels like forever.

But first yesterday
    Yesterday I stuck to some barbell complexes but mostly just for legs

15 reps deadlift
    10 reps upright Rows
    15 hacksquat
    10 reps back squat (on these I went all the way hams to calves)
    10 reps front squat
    8 reps Bent-over rows
    10 goodmornings
    Did 4 sets.
    30lbs

Took out shoulder press, added good mornings and hacksquat by the end felt quite a bit of burn in my thighs. Wasn't focused yesterday, I have to slow down with my projects a bit I think I'm trying to do to many things at once. It's getting me unfocused

Ok back to today
    7am, ran for 40 min then did some sprints with full rests in between (walking) for 20 min walked and wandered for 35 min more. Felt Great, i don't understand why I lapsed out of running. It's not a chore, Its fun! lol Felt very nice while running

Evening: Did burpees and pull ups for the heck of it after reading copycats challenge I wanted to get a good feel on how I'm doing there. Dividing into sets of 8 I'm not doing to bad, burpees of course, pull ups are harder. The pull ups are continuing to multiply little by little did 4 in a row today, then 2 then I got to doing my halfsies but didn't keep track. Husband said he's impressed, so that's always a plus

I'm a bit disorganized but usually I log things down better than this. Hopefully next week will be a bit more normal and better detailed.
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

19. Been popping in here on my breaks
    I'm helping my husband build a cyclone fence on the back of our property, we have been having some problems with cows falling into the yard from a 20+ feet drop. Sounds weird but its true lol. and when they fall they bring down a whole load of dirt and in the past made some parts unstable.

This pic was taken when we moved in

After that the poor guy fell pretty hard, very young bull...felt sorry for him.
    The next day there were 68 of them grouped along that ridge and 4 fell. One day I got home and found 12 of em.

Anyway, enough with the cows.
    So we've been mixing cement and hauling it up there in a bucket + the tubes and a rolls of cyclone fencing. While the cement has been drying I've continued my mission of pick axing some mounds to fill in erosion holes and planting some plants. been a fairly heavy day. Husband had some friends that were going to come help and they canceled so I jumped in It was a job planned for 3 dudes and we're doing it ourselves.

let me get up, sleepy looking at the screen
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

20. Decided to just finish off my arms since they were already pretty beat up lol.
    Felt very clear and connected with my muscle, very aware

Bench Press
    60lbs 5x3
    50lbs 8x2 faster
    30lbs 15x3 -ss- close grip 8x3 aaaagh, this burned lol felt great (sadist)
    My skin on my arms felt very tight after this.

Between the cement mixing (we do it in the wheel barrow with sand and stone) Hauling the bucket (we alternated) then shoveling and moving the dirt in the barrow under some serious sun I am thoroughly exhausted.
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

21. Wow! Falling cows?! So what do they do after they get up? Just walk around back to the top? LOL

22. LOL that's the problem, then they can't find their way out because the rest of the yard has fencing for the dogs. I have to open the gate for them to get out! before they smush my petunias lol
    None of them have ever broken a limb or anything thank goodness.
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

23. I guess it's a good way of getting tenderized beef, huh?

24. Okay Today was another hard work day, planted an avocado tree to replace one that blew over, also a mandarin orange tree (or tangerine) strawberries, papayas and I'm preparing some plantain plants I have for propagation. Also Began setup for a raised veggie garden. I already have three different types of pepper, basil, recao (culantro i believe it's called) and chives growing in pots but I'm going to move them to the raised bed and try growing some tomatoes too. There's a Agro Festival the 29th so I'm going to see what else I can find!!!

Planted a pumpkin plant too!

I already have planted valencia oranges, lemons, coffee, (for the heck of it since u can do much with just one plant) Malanga (it's a root don't know a translation) grapefruit and a mango tree that is currently under observation because hubby accidentally dropped a big metal tube on it from 20 feet above and since it is just a little guy it broke in half

I planted some frilly flowers today too but the important thing is the edibles, eating directly from what you've planted knowing everything you've put into it should be very rewarding.
    All my trees are little still, I'm hoping for lemons this year

After spending the whole day in the yard I got in and like yesterday with the arms decided to just kill off my legs since they were already sooo tired. I mixed up axcell got to sipping while preparing the rice cooker, Thinking I am way to tired to get much done but I ended up surprising myself.
    I did this in this exact order, feeling very unfocused at the beginning then getting into it.

Squat (going a smidge lower on these)
    80lbs 8x /
    10x / (started feeling better as I went along)
    12x /// a bit more explosive on the way up

I was still wearing my yard work clothes LOL had my hat and my goggles on my hat! (the goggles were for cutting metal stakes with my grinder)

Deadlift
    80lbs 8x // (felt weak in my lower back so I lowered the weight, i'm very careful)
    60lbs 12x ///

Leg ext
    40lbs 25x /// (I do these fast)

Ham Curlz
    40lbs 15x /// (again fairly fast but nicely controlled)

Got the BB lowered the weight to 30lbs then did these quick without rests between.
    Front squat
    Back Squat
    Good mornings
    4 rounds

Just popped out in sweat all over again, that last was killer, felt great!!
    I took a shower and the water took sometime to wash out clear i was so dirty. I was a disaster, metal shavings in my hair, grass and dirt everywhere! in my shoes, shirt, Pants!
    Tomorrow husband wants us to go for a long run.
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

25. Additional note: I have to keep looking for ways to challenge myself, I'm at the limit weight for all my equipment. I've got a few ideas cooking.
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

•