Da Guuurly Log (now on AM)

Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Mrodz View Post
    ALright, I didn't get much done yesterday, been a little busy. Which is bothersome
    I did something stupid today :/
    I got mad at a pile of wood that fell over that I was messing with in my yard. I kicked it...hard...a lot harder than I would have thought. It's been a loooong time sing I've lashed out in anger LOL so last time I kicked something I probably was a lot weaker than now (u see that? trying to change a neg into a positive, lol)
    Anyway foots been getting worse as I walk, two middle toes hurt a bit to move and front of foot is a little swollen i was only wearing little rubber mocassins.

So again today I just kept doing things, if I had better time management skills this wouldn't be a prob. I really have to work on it because I'm sure I could have gotten a good workout in.

Either way what i did do was put some erratic alarms on my phone and kitchen stove. then each time it would sound I'd either do a set of pullups, pushups planks, dips or situps. It wasn't a workout per se but I did feel really strong on my pushups and got in some fast sets of 12 going low and feeling really good form all the way through to my legs. Great muscle and body awareness today (which makes me even more regretful of not getting in an actual session)

Pull ups was great practice today (or yesterday cause it' after midnight) got in 4 sets of 2! lol and then since i was alone I would jump up to get into the top pull up position, lower my self down a little and then back up quick (halfsies I guess) Don't remember sets but reps was like 4 or 5. Also tried some fast high rep bench presses with 30lbs because I read here that it's good for bench training. i think i did 12x4

Didn't do anything for legs because of the Foot.

Friday is my big cheat day cooked by me.
    Chili pepper Chuck Steak w/ mini coconut corn bread muffins and potatoes with olive oil garlic and basil. Also some coconut curry veggies. (sounds weird, tastes divine) accompanied by Cerveza Presidente !!!!!!! oh man

Please, I have to get a good one done tomorrow!
    Actually, doing negative pull-ups are a good way to build strength to do regular pull-ups. And take care of those toes!

2. Thanks Kanakafarian

Diet this weekend got shot! Among other dietary screw up this weekend, A friend mentioned Pancakes! and I had two for breakfast yesterday my weakness, those crispy buttery edges. Droooooooooool....

Anyway I'm going to post quickly because I have so much to do, it's been awhile since I've been this seriously busy but I'm loving it and hope to be able to show u guys some good artwork soon.

OK, leg work on saturday, did my squats and uphills got practicing on hacksquts and goodmornings (I reme,bered i used to love Hacksquats) I'm shopping around for a bar that will hold more weight and that has a wider grip for things like Hang power clean and such.

Did a little fast full body on Sunday Woo hoo!!! I was surprised to get that one in, probably helped that my internet company had an outage LOL!!!!

My mom told me I'm looking strong.

overall feeling: Fabulous LOL!!

Ok lot of luv guys, off to continue my busy day!!!
    [email protected]
    http://www.facebook.com/Athleticxtreme
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

•   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Mrodz View Post
    Thanks Kanakafarian

Diet this weekend got shot! Among other dietary screw up this weekend, A friend mentioned Pancakes! and I had two for breakfast yesterday my weakness, those crispy buttery edges. Droooooooooool....

Anyway I'm going to post quickly because I have so much to do, it's been awhile since I've been this seriously busy but I'm loving it and hope to be able to show u guys some good artwork soon.

OK, leg work on saturday, did my squats and uphills got practicing on hacksquts and goodmornings (I reme,bered i used to love Hacksquats) I'm shopping around for a bar that will hold more weight and that has a wider grip for things like Hang power clean and such.

Did a little fast full body on Sunday Woo hoo!!! I was surprised to get that one in, probably helped that my internet company had an outage LOL!!!!

My mom told me I'm looking strong.

overall feeling: Fabulous LOL!!

Ok lot of luv guys, off to continue my busy day!!!
    Black Iron pipe from home depot or lowes or whatever similar store you guys got out there

I made a thick bar using the 2" pipe for my Olympic plates, it looks like you got them old school sand filled plates so I am guessing they have around an inch inner diameter.

Just go to the piping section, pick out a 1" OD black pipe, they come in 10ft so have them cut it to 7ft and you will have 3ft left over in which you can cut in half and get to DB handles too.

That pipe should hold a decent amount of weight and will prolly only cost about $20 bucks Just pick up some hose clamps or zip ties to keep the plates from sliding in and dont stand the bar up with plates on it for for deadlifts, hack squats, squats, cleans, etc the bar would be level most of the time anyway so you shouldnt have a problem, I use hose clamps and they work fine

To add thickness you can use some 2" PVC pipe and wrap the bar with some pipe cladding.

Just wrap the pipe cladding around the bar and duck tape it around the cladding and them slide the PVC pipe over the cladding. Again place some hose clamps where the cladding ends and it will help keep that in place and the plates will keep the PVC in place and viola! Homemade thick bar for your 1" plates..
    PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

4. This speaks directly to my "Homemade" DIY soul
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

5. Quote Originally Posted by Mrodz View Post
    Oh yeah!! I order a full stack and only eat the outside edges, with bacon of course!

6. Yesterday Nut n' Honey and today too.
    Hope I can make up for the straggling the few days left this week. the workouts I have gotten in the past few days haven't felt like quality and I really have to start running for distance again.

At least I'm back on track with the IF and cleaner meals.

[email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mrodz View Post
    At least I'm back on track with the IF and cleaner meals.
    So no more pancake edges?! I'm not your friend anymore!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Mrodz View Post
    This speaks directly to my "Homemade" DIY soul

I LOVE homemade equipment. I just picked me up a old bowling ball and gonna try and make me a mase out of it to do some shoulder work with.. I have a couple of pieces in my gym that I have made and I love em!

If you decide to make that thick bar I described post up some pics of the process, I am sure many people can benefit from a cool lil write up of the process
    PESCIENCE.COM

9. pancakes iz wicked sneaky, they always come back O.o

Sometimes with fruit toppingz
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

10. Quote Originally Posted by Mrodz View Post
    pancakes iz wicked sneaky, they always come back O.o

Sometimes with fruit toppingz
    I make these banana pancakes that I think are amazing! All it is, is bananas, eggs, almond meal & egg protein mix. I dont eat grains anymore really so this is my alternative and pretty tasty if I do say so myself
    PESCIENCE.COM

•   

11. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post

I LOVE homemade equipment. I just picked me up a old bowling ball and gonna try and make me a mase out of it to do some shoulder work with.. I have a couple of pieces in my gym that I have made and I love em!

If you decide to make that thick bar I described post up some pics of the process, I am sure many people can benefit from a cool lil write up of the process
    I'll def make it before buying it lol. specially since I can keep using the weights I have with it. I was meaning to ask, what is cladding?

And If I make I am definitely taking pictures

I've had a few ideas for a pulley system have u ever seen that done?
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

12. Quote Originally Posted by Mrodz View Post
    I'll def make it before buying it lol. specially since I can keep using the weights I have with it. I was meaning to ask, what is cladding?

And If I make I am definitely taking pictures

I've had a few ideas for a pulley system have u ever seen that done?
    Pipe cladding is also called pipe insulation

I thought of rigging up a pull down station to my power cage but then came across a pulley setup for $50 so never went through with it.
    PESCIENCE.COM

13. Thanks again Josh

Today was a very good day! Started running again! been completely off only about 2 weeks I think but it feels like forever.

But first yesterday
    Yesterday I stuck to some barbell complexes but mostly just for legs

15 reps deadlift
    10 reps upright Rows
    15 hacksquat
    10 reps back squat (on these I went all the way hams to calves)
    10 reps front squat
    8 reps Bent-over rows
    10 goodmornings
    Did 4 sets.
    30lbs

Took out shoulder press, added good mornings and hacksquat by the end felt quite a bit of burn in my thighs. Wasn't focused yesterday, I have to slow down with my projects a bit I think I'm trying to do to many things at once. It's getting me unfocused

Ok back to today
    7am, ran for 40 min then did some sprints with full rests in between (walking) for 20 min walked and wandered for 35 min more. Felt Great, i don't understand why I lapsed out of running. It's not a chore, Its fun! lol Felt very nice while running

Evening: Did burpees and pull ups for the heck of it after reading copycats challenge I wanted to get a good feel on how I'm doing there. Dividing into sets of 8 I'm not doing to bad, burpees of course, pull ups are harder. The pull ups are continuing to multiply little by little did 4 in a row today, then 2 then I got to doing my halfsies but didn't keep track. Husband said he's impressed, so that's always a plus

I'm a bit disorganized but usually I log things down better than this. Hopefully next week will be a bit more normal and better detailed.
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

14. Been popping in here on my breaks
    I'm helping my husband build a cyclone fence on the back of our property, we have been having some problems with cows falling into the yard from a 20+ feet drop. Sounds weird but its true lol. and when they fall they bring down a whole load of dirt and in the past made some parts unstable.

This pic was taken when we moved in

After that the poor guy fell pretty hard, very young bull...felt sorry for him.
    The next day there were 68 of them grouped along that ridge and 4 fell. One day I got home and found 12 of em.

Anyway, enough with the cows.
    So we've been mixing cement and hauling it up there in a bucket + the tubes and a rolls of cyclone fencing. While the cement has been drying I've continued my mission of pick axing some mounds to fill in erosion holes and planting some plants. been a fairly heavy day. Husband had some friends that were going to come help and they canceled so I jumped in It was a job planned for 3 dudes and we're doing it ourselves.

let me get up, sleepy looking at the screen
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

15. Decided to just finish off my arms since they were already pretty beat up lol.
    Felt very clear and connected with my muscle, very aware

Bench Press
    60lbs 5x3
    50lbs 8x2 faster
    30lbs 15x3 -ss- close grip 8x3 aaaagh, this burned lol felt great (sadist)
    My skin on my arms felt very tight after this.

Between the cement mixing (we do it in the wheel barrow with sand and stone) Hauling the bucket (we alternated) then shoveling and moving the dirt in the barrow under some serious sun I am thoroughly exhausted.
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

16. Wow! Falling cows?! So what do they do after they get up? Just walk around back to the top? LOL

17. LOL that's the problem, then they can't find their way out because the rest of the yard has fencing for the dogs. I have to open the gate for them to get out! before they smush my petunias lol
    None of them have ever broken a limb or anything thank goodness.
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

18. I guess it's a good way of getting tenderized beef, huh?

19. Okay Today was another hard work day, planted an avocado tree to replace one that blew over, also a mandarin orange tree (or tangerine) strawberries, papayas and I'm preparing some plantain plants I have for propagation. Also Began setup for a raised veggie garden. I already have three different types of pepper, basil, recao (culantro i believe it's called) and chives growing in pots but I'm going to move them to the raised bed and try growing some tomatoes too. There's a Agro Festival the 29th so I'm going to see what else I can find!!!

Planted a pumpkin plant too!

I already have planted valencia oranges, lemons, coffee, (for the heck of it since u can do much with just one plant) Malanga (it's a root don't know a translation) grapefruit and a mango tree that is currently under observation because hubby accidentally dropped a big metal tube on it from 20 feet above and since it is just a little guy it broke in half

I planted some frilly flowers today too but the important thing is the edibles, eating directly from what you've planted knowing everything you've put into it should be very rewarding.
    All my trees are little still, I'm hoping for lemons this year

After spending the whole day in the yard I got in and like yesterday with the arms decided to just kill off my legs since they were already sooo tired. I mixed up a****l got to sipping while preparing the rice cooker, Thinking I am way to tired to get much done but I ended up surprising myself.
    I did this in this exact order, feeling very unfocused at the beginning then getting into it.

Squat (going a smidge lower on these)
    80lbs 8x /
    10x / (started feeling better as I went along)
    12x /// a bit more explosive on the way up

I was still wearing my yard work clothes LOL had my hat and my goggles on my hat! (the goggles were for cutting metal stakes with my grinder)

Deadlift
    80lbs 8x // (felt weak in my lower back so I lowered the weight, i'm very careful)
    60lbs 12x ///

Leg ext
    40lbs 25x /// (I do these fast)

Ham Curlz
    40lbs 15x /// (again fairly fast but nicely controlled)

Got the BB lowered the weight to 30lbs then did these quick without rests between.
    Front squat
    Back Squat
    Good mornings
    4 rounds

Just popped out in sweat all over again, that last was killer, felt great!!
    I took a shower and the water took sometime to wash out clear i was so dirty. I was a disaster, metal shavings in my hair, grass and dirt everywhere! in my shoes, shirt, Pants!
    Tomorrow husband wants us to go for a long run.
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

20. Additional note: I have to keep looking for ways to challenge myself, I'm at the limit weight for all my equipment. I've got a few ideas cooking.
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

21. HA I love this log, don't know how I missed it! Very inspiring, and man do I want to visit PR sometime!

In to follow

22. Woo Hooo! nice to have ya here!
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

23. Well! Like I've told others, I am a strong advocate of PR tourism. Ppl get ur butts down here!! Some awesome beaches to show off those hard earned muscles! And no matter how much sunblock u slather on a tan is inevitable lol. I'm going hiking soon so I hope to get some nice pix of either El Yunque rain forest (again for anyone who's seen my log on AX) Susua forest or Guilarte mountain trail.

I am soooo glad I've been surrounding myself with the kind of people who push me, help me to stay motivated and won't talk me out of a long run the day after a leg workout LOL!

Happy Easter ppl!!

SO yesterday after telling husband "Wake me up for tomorrows run, do whatever it takes!" I get grumpy and stubborn if waked up before I want. He confiscated my quilt and turned off the fan to get me to get out of bed. Then brought me my coffee

So no where to turn no place to hide, I got my running clothes on and we did some roadwork. Sun was blazing, the day was beautiful! It was the first time I accompanied him on this run because it begins on a small road that I've run a few times but sort of freaks me out.
    After that road there's bridges over a river, bamboo, and lots of pasture land. Also passed by a few fishermen and a cool looking dirt bike ATV track lol.

The trip is 5 miles uphill down hill, gravel, dirt, pavement and grass. I didn't run it all, but I ran most and a lot more than I expected after my leg work yesterday Hubby played trainer helping to keep me motivated. Yelling stuff like "Your A Warrior aargh!!" and Me yelling back "I hate u right now honey!!!" lol We had fun and people we ran into were in a very nice friendly mood.
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

24. Been following from afar. But Im in this for sure!!!

RECOVERBRO

25. Hi Johnny!

Did what was going to be a small back/shoulder workout and I just kept going. I actually wasn't going to do anything, In laws invited us to dinner and we got home around 9. I usually workout just before 6so I thought oh well and we had a movie to settle us in for the night. But I found myself in the kitchen filling my shaker cup and I ended up in the gym room doing this. Movie was postponed a little but no big deal.

Weight numbers aren't very high (at all), but I will definitely be feeling this tomorrow. I did these in this exact order and stuck to 8 reps 4 sets each

DB Bent Over Row
    20lbs each 8x4

15lbs each 8x4
    -SS-
    DB Overhead press
    15 each 8x4

Arnolds
    15lbs each 8x4
    -ss-
    Bent Over fly
    15lbs each 8x4

DB Lat Raise
    10lbs 8x4
    -ss-
    DB Front Raise
    10lbs 8x4

I hate those 10lb DB, dying to move on from them. Shoulders need lots of work.

Got on the bike for 30 min, played around with the little resistance knob and that's it

I hope to get something good done tomorrow.
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

26. I thought I already subbed to this, but I guess I did not.

27. Yesterday I didn't get a workout done but I started constructing a sleigh thingy that holds weight to create some drag when I do short sprints. I didn't get to finish it today because I spent the day sewing with my grandmother (we make baby clothes....awwwww lol) Got home and stripped the paint off a bicycle (one of those classic ones) then did a full body because that was what I was in the mood for
    The little trainer gnome in my head was being really strict today (he can be a slacker at times) and I kept the pace going real nice.

Circuit fashion little to no rest between exercises 2-3 min rest between rounds. BB was at 40lbs.

6/6/6 BB Shoulder Press
    8/8/8 Bent Over Row
    10/10/10 Front Squat
    10/10/10 Back Squat
    8/8/8 Burpees (ouch)
    30/30/30 Mountain Climbers
    10/10/10 Front Lift Squat with a 15lb DB
    5/3/3 Pushup Plank 15 sec count each
    5/5/5 Lat Lift Split Squat 10lb DB's Left Leg fwd
    5/5/5 Lat Lift Split Squat 10lb DB's Right Leg fwd
    1/1/1 1 min on bike, Fast on Hardest Setting (Burn baby burn!!)
    1/1/1 Left Side Plank 30 sec count
    1/1/1 Rightt Side Plank 30 sec count
    1/1/1 1 min on bike, Fast on Hardest Setting (ouch)

25 min on bike to finish
    A bit much to read But Wow I really felt it! was sweating like crazy
    I would like to do this one again to measure improvement. I'm going to have to start running in the morning again because the heat is causing
    rains in the evening.
    40lbs on the BB complexes are an improvement of 5 to 10 lbs over what I usually do.
    Yay!
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

28. I am in much pain today lol. Going to get on the stationary bike and then do some stretching in a bit
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

29. Quote Originally Posted by Mrodz View Post
    I am in much pain today lol. Going to get on the stationary bike and then do some stretching in a bit
    You got a foam roller? That always helps me

30. Quote Originally Posted by ryansm View Post
    You got a foam roller? That always helps me
    nawp, don't have yet. But should def look into it.

I did about 120 min total on the stationary bike today, played around with the resistance. Got in some really good stretches. Today was a much needed very rainy day, reminded me of the rainy season in Guam were even if it's not raining there seem to be droplets almost suspended in the air. I've been kooked up in the house all day so absolutely have to get out and run tomorrow.
    [email protected]
    Athletic Xtreme Rep