Da Guuurly Log (now on AM)

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post

I LOVE homemade equipment. I just picked me up a old bowling ball and gonna try and make me a mase out of it to do some shoulder work with.. I have a couple of pieces in my gym that I have made and I love em!

If you decide to make that thick bar I described post up some pics of the process, I am sure many people can benefit from a cool lil write up of the process
    I'll def make it before buying it lol. specially since I can keep using the weights I have with it. I was meaning to ask, what is cladding?

And If I make I am definitely taking pictures

I've had a few ideas for a pulley system have u ever seen that done?
    smallfry@athleticxtreme.com
    http://www.facebook.com/Athleticxtreme
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

2. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mrodz View Post
    I'll def make it before buying it lol. specially since I can keep using the weights I have with it. I was meaning to ask, what is cladding?

And If I make I am definitely taking pictures

I've had a few ideas for a pulley system have u ever seen that done?
    Pipe cladding is also called pipe insulation

I thought of rigging up a pull down station to my power cage but then came across a pulley setup for $50 so never went through with it.
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks again Josh

Today was a very good day! Started running again! been completely off only about 2 weeks I think but it feels like forever.

But first yesterday
    Yesterday I stuck to some barbell complexes but mostly just for legs

15 reps deadlift
    10 reps upright Rows
    15 hacksquat
    10 reps back squat (on these I went all the way hams to calves)
    10 reps front squat
    8 reps Bent-over rows
    10 goodmornings
    Did 4 sets.
    30lbs

Took out shoulder press, added good mornings and hacksquat by the end felt quite a bit of burn in my thighs. Wasn't focused yesterday, I have to slow down with my projects a bit I think I'm trying to do to many things at once. It's getting me unfocused

Ok back to today
    7am, ran for 40 min then did some sprints with full rests in between (walking) for 20 min walked and wandered for 35 min more. Felt Great, i don't understand why I lapsed out of running. It's not a chore, Its fun! lol Felt very nice while running

Evening: Did burpees and pull ups for the heck of it after reading copycats challenge I wanted to get a good feel on how I'm doing there. Dividing into sets of 8 I'm not doing to bad, burpees of course, pull ups are harder. The pull ups are continuing to multiply little by little did 4 in a row today, then 2 then I got to doing my halfsies but didn't keep track. Husband said he's impressed, so that's always a plus

I'm a bit disorganized but usually I log things down better than this. Hopefully next week will be a bit more normal and better detailed.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

•   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

Been popping in here on my breaks
    I'm helping my husband build a cyclone fence on the back of our property, we have been having some problems with cows falling into the yard from a 20+ feet drop. Sounds weird but its true lol. and when they fall they bring down a whole load of dirt and in the past made some parts unstable.

This pic was taken when we moved in

After that the poor guy fell pretty hard, very young bull...felt sorry for him.
    The next day there were 68 of them grouped along that ridge and 4 fell. One day I got home and found 12 of em.

Anyway, enough with the cows.
    So we've been mixing cement and hauling it up there in a bucket + the tubes and a rolls of cyclone fencing. While the cement has been drying I've continued my mission of pick axing some mounds to fill in erosion holes and planting some plants. been a fairly heavy day. Husband had some friends that were going to come help and they canceled so I jumped in It was a job planned for 3 dudes and we're doing it ourselves.

let me get up, sleepy looking at the screen
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

Decided to just finish off my arms since they were already pretty beat up lol.
    Felt very clear and connected with my muscle, very aware

Bench Press
    60lbs 5x3
    50lbs 8x2 faster
    30lbs 15x3 -ss- close grip 8x3 aaaagh, this burned lol felt great (sadist)
    My skin on my arms felt very tight after this.

Between the cement mixing (we do it in the wheel barrow with sand and stone) Hauling the bucket (we alternated) then shoveling and moving the dirt in the barrow under some serious sun I am thoroughly exhausted.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Answers

Wow! Falling cows?! So what do they do after they get up? Just walk around back to the top? LOL
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

LOL that's the problem, then they can't find their way out because the rest of the yard has fencing for the dogs. I have to open the gate for them to get out! before they smush my petunias lol
    None of them have ever broken a limb or anything thank goodness.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Answers

I guess it's a good way of getting tenderized beef, huh?
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

Okay Today was another hard work day, planted an avocado tree to replace one that blew over, also a mandarin orange tree (or tangerine) strawberries, papayas and I'm preparing some plantain plants I have for propagation. Also Began setup for a raised veggie garden. I already have three different types of pepper, basil, recao (culantro i believe it's called) and chives growing in pots but I'm going to move them to the raised bed and try growing some tomatoes too. There's a Agro Festival the 29th so I'm going to see what else I can find!!!

Planted a pumpkin plant too!

I already have planted valencia oranges, lemons, coffee, (for the heck of it since u can do much with just one plant) Malanga (it's a root don't know a translation) grapefruit and a mango tree that is currently under observation because hubby accidentally dropped a big metal tube on it from 20 feet above and since it is just a little guy it broke in half

I planted some frilly flowers today too but the important thing is the edibles, eating directly from what you've planted knowing everything you've put into it should be very rewarding.
    All my trees are little still, I'm hoping for lemons this year

After spending the whole day in the yard I got in and like yesterday with the arms decided to just kill off my legs since they were already sooo tired. I mixed up axcell got to sipping while preparing the rice cooker, Thinking I am way to tired to get much done but I ended up surprising myself.
    I did this in this exact order, feeling very unfocused at the beginning then getting into it.

Squat (going a smidge lower on these)
    80lbs 8x /
    10x / (started feeling better as I went along)
    12x /// a bit more explosive on the way up

I was still wearing my yard work clothes LOL had my hat and my goggles on my hat! (the goggles were for cutting metal stakes with my grinder)

Deadlift
    80lbs 8x // (felt weak in my lower back so I lowered the weight, i'm very careful)
    60lbs 12x ///

Leg ext
    40lbs 25x /// (I do these fast)

Ham Curlz
    40lbs 15x /// (again fairly fast but nicely controlled)

Got the BB lowered the weight to 30lbs then did these quick without rests between.
    Front squat
    Back Squat
    Good mornings
    4 rounds

Just popped out in sweat all over again, that last was killer, felt great!!
    I took a shower and the water took sometime to wash out clear i was so dirty. I was a disaster, metal shavings in my hair, grass and dirt everywhere! in my shoes, shirt, Pants!
    Tomorrow husband wants us to go for a long run.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

Additional note: I have to keep looking for ways to challenge myself, I'm at the limit weight for all my equipment. I've got a few ideas cooking.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Answers

HA I love this log, don't know how I missed it! Very inspiring, and man do I want to visit PR sometime!

In to follow

12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

Woo Hooo! nice to have ya here!
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

Well! Like I've told others, I am a strong advocate of PR tourism. Ppl get ur butts down here!! Some awesome beaches to show off those hard earned muscles! And no matter how much sunblock u slather on a tan is inevitable lol. I'm going hiking soon so I hope to get some nice pix of either El Yunque rain forest (again for anyone who's seen my log on AX) Susua forest or Guilarte mountain trail.

I am soooo glad I've been surrounding myself with the kind of people who push me, help me to stay motivated and won't talk me out of a long run the day after a leg workout LOL!

Happy Easter ppl!!

SO yesterday after telling husband "Wake me up for tomorrows run, do whatever it takes!" I get grumpy and stubborn if waked up before I want. He confiscated my quilt and turned off the fan to get me to get out of bed. Then brought me my coffee

So no where to turn no place to hide, I got my running clothes on and we did some roadwork. Sun was blazing, the day was beautiful! It was the first time I accompanied him on this run because it begins on a small road that I've run a few times but sort of freaks me out.
    After that road there's bridges over a river, bamboo, and lots of pasture land. Also passed by a few fishermen and a cool looking dirt bike ATV track lol.

The trip is 5 miles uphill down hill, gravel, dirt, pavement and grass. I didn't run it all, but I ran most and a lot more than I expected after my leg work yesterday Hubby played trainer helping to keep me motivated. Yelling stuff like "Your A Warrior aargh!!" and Me yelling back "I hate u right now honey!!!" lol We had fun and people we ran into were in a very nice friendly mood.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.
    Answers

Been following from afar. But Im in this for sure!!!

RECOVERBRO

15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

Hi Johnny!

Did what was going to be a small back/shoulder workout and I just kept going. I actually wasn't going to do anything, In laws invited us to dinner and we got home around 9. I usually workout just before 6so I thought oh well and we had a movie to settle us in for the night. But I found myself in the kitchen filling my shaker cup and I ended up in the gym room doing this. Movie was postponed a little but no big deal.

Weight numbers aren't very high (at all), but I will definitely be feeling this tomorrow. I did these in this exact order and stuck to 8 reps 4 sets each

DB Bent Over Row
    20lbs each 8x4

15lbs each 8x4
    -SS-
    DB Overhead press
    15 each 8x4

Arnolds
    15lbs each 8x4
    -ss-
    Bent Over fly
    15lbs each 8x4

DB Lat Raise
    10lbs 8x4
    -ss-
    DB Front Raise
    10lbs 8x4

I hate those 10lb DB, dying to move on from them. Shoulders need lots of work.

Got on the bike for 30 min, played around with the little resistance knob and that's it

I hope to get something good done tomorrow.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

I thought I already subbed to this, but I guess I did not.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

Yesterday I didn't get a workout done but I started constructing a sleigh thingy that holds weight to create some drag when I do short sprints. I didn't get to finish it today because I spent the day sewing with my grandmother (we make baby clothes....awwwww lol) Got home and stripped the paint off a bicycle (one of those classic ones) then did a full body because that was what I was in the mood for
    The little trainer gnome in my head was being really strict today (he can be a slacker at times) and I kept the pace going real nice.

Circuit fashion little to no rest between exercises 2-3 min rest between rounds. BB was at 40lbs.

6/6/6 BB Shoulder Press
    8/8/8 Bent Over Row
    10/10/10 Front Squat
    10/10/10 Back Squat
    8/8/8 Burpees (ouch)
    30/30/30 Mountain Climbers
    10/10/10 Front Lift Squat with a 15lb DB
    5/3/3 Pushup Plank 15 sec count each
    5/5/5 Lat Lift Split Squat 10lb DB's Left Leg fwd
    5/5/5 Lat Lift Split Squat 10lb DB's Right Leg fwd
    1/1/1 1 min on bike, Fast on Hardest Setting (Burn baby burn!!)
    1/1/1 Left Side Plank 30 sec count
    1/1/1 Rightt Side Plank 30 sec count
    1/1/1 1 min on bike, Fast on Hardest Setting (ouch)

25 min on bike to finish
    A bit much to read But Wow I really felt it! was sweating like crazy
    I would like to do this one again to measure improvement. I'm going to have to start running in the morning again because the heat is causing
    rains in the evening.
    40lbs on the BB complexes are an improvement of 5 to 10 lbs over what I usually do.
    Yay!
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

I am in much pain today lol. Going to get on the stationary bike and then do some stretching in a bit
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Answers

I am in much pain today lol. Going to get on the stationary bike and then do some stretching in a bit
    You got a foam roller? That always helps me

20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ryansm View Post
    You got a foam roller? That always helps me
    nawp, don't have yet. But should def look into it.

I did about 120 min total on the stationary bike today, played around with the resistance. Got in some really good stretches. Today was a much needed very rainy day, reminded me of the rainy season in Guam were even if it's not raining there seem to be droplets almost suspended in the air. I've been kooked up in the house all day so absolutely have to get out and run tomorrow.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

Got a quick run today, 30 min but wasn't really feeling it. I had soooo many things to do that I couldn't get my mind around it. :/
    I've been on the road all day in my crappy little car that doesn't take reverse LOL I complain but I love her.
    A have a few projects all coming to a finish at the same time around August which is getting a bit overwhelming so I'm going to have to make a schedule, ugh. I hate trying to follow schedules. But who knows maybe it'll work this time.

I picked up two books today. the 2nd edition of "The Warrior Diet" and a really great book so far called "Fighter's Heart" It was in the clearance area looking a little abused. I read the back and found it was about MMA which I know Nothing about and decided it was time to start learning.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

22. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Got a quick run today, 30 min but wasn't really feeling it. I had soooo many things to do that I couldn't get my mind around it. :/
    I've been on the road all day in my crappy little car that doesn't take reverse LOL I complain but I love her.
    A have a few projects all coming to a finish at the same time around August which is getting a bit overwhelming so I'm going to have to make a schedule, ugh. I hate trying to follow schedules. But who knows maybe it'll work this time.

I picked up two books today. the 2nd edition of "The Warrior Diet" and a really great book so far called "Fighter's Heart" It was in the clearance area looking a little abused. I read the back and found it was about MMA which I know Nothing about and decided it was time to start learning.
    I just finished a book and am starting warrior diet now!! We can be book buddies!!! I have fighters heart on my amazon que to, let me know how you like it
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

Let me get this posted before too much accumulates. I get lazy to post when my internet is slow.
    Yesterday I did legs

Squat
    80lbs
    12x //// These suddenly started feeling veeery easy :/ so I just went down deeper

SL Deads
    80lbs
    12x////
    Again a lot easier could have gone for higher reps

HackSquat
    45lbs
    12x///

Jump Squat
    20lb DB
    10x ///

BB 35lbs Fast Cisrcuit
    Front Squat 12x///
    Back Squat 12x ///
    Deadlift 12x///

Yes! this was very effective. lol.
    When I had to do my 6 burpees I got a thick sort of cramp from the back to the front of my thighs, but it sort of crept in after i had finished them :/

My husband took the Swift But then I had to go out so I emptied the rock and sand for the fence were building from the back of the pick up. Took 12 wheel barrows full to do it and I made sure to make them count.
    This is me on the back in the reflection There's a half nudie chick sticker in the corner hiding a mess I made of the glass film LOL.

Had a nice Friday evening, my mom and I went out for her b-day and we went to a local brewery in old San Juan. I tried the Stout brew called Cerveza Cofresi, after the Caribbean pirate.
    Tasteh!! Dark beers are my favorites but kind of hard to find here.

My mom took this pic and i liked it, decided to give in to vanity and share it here

In the restaurant u eat around the big copper kettles of the brewery. The kitchen is behind them and it looks pretty cool when it flames up reflected on the kettles. I seriously recommend this place. They have these tall beer towers with spouts that i would love to order when with a group

I'm Halfway through A Fighter's Heart and I'm loving it. It speaks to the romantic heart in me. Not like a love story of course (blech), more like the way Rocky does, the writer doesn't seem to purposefully romanticise the sport it's just the way it moves. The only reason I would hesitate to recommend it is the fact that I don't have any prior knowledge really of the sport. But it has awakened a serious desire for me to learn and follow it.
    I hope to be in later after getting in a night time workout. Was haveing some issues with inflammation that i get in my intestines sometimes. It gets pretty painful and I take Bentyl for it so I rested during the day today.
    I know I have to get that checked, I left the process hanging a while back with my doctor. I was thinking of trying some sort of process of elimination diet to see if there may be an allergy to something. But it's so sporatic... anyway If anybody has an idea of a diet like that for pinpointing allergies throw me a line. I'll be doing some research and going to the doc during the week. well, this was a long one
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Answers

You are one cool chick if I may say so.

Awesome log so far. Keep up the hard work!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/173797-one-small-step.html Getting my ass beat and logging it.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Answers

That looks like a really cool place to go, is it a microbrewery of sorts in PR? Definitely would be all over that!

26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

@Ryan1 --> Haloooo thnx for the compliment

@Ryansm----> yeap, it's a sort of Mom an Pop Brewery that has a restaurant, even round the island you don't find their beers too often. Mostly just in the metro area.

Didn't get a workout in today, which I'm sort of bummed about but I don't let myself get down.

I found this to take to my Doc on either Monday or Tuesday Elimination Diet To sort of break the ice and see if we can work out a plan to check if I'm having an allergy or something. Also noted that After 3 doses of Bentyl my stomach measurement went down a little more than half an inch (I took measurements when symptoms started and almost flipped) . Which to me is pretty freaky, seeing as I took the measurements at the same time and after the same meals. I figure due to reduced inflammation I don't know
    This has been happening on and off since my teens and I've never really taken proactive measures to figure out what it is or how to stop it.
    I'd go to the doc say it hurt and they'd give me Bentyl or whatever and I'd get my sick note for work or school and go home.
    Lets see what doc says,

Got my Burpees done for copycat's challenge at around 10am this morning (well yesterday morning)

tootaloo
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

27. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

This may be helpful

http://www.strengthworkshop.com/inde...MAGAZINE_SEVEN

As for as food allergies and intolerances, especially in regards to inflammation, a Paleo diet is hands down the best choice IMO.

Also glad your enjoying the Fighters Heart book, now I am definitely gonna be picking it up!
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    This may be helpful

http://www.strengthworkshop.com/inde...MAGAZINE_SEVEN

As for as food allergies and intolerances, especially in regards to inflammation, a Paleo diet is hands down the best choice IMO.

Also glad your enjoying the Fighters Heart book, now I am definitely gonna be picking it up!
    Actually I've been following the "if your still eating grains" thread and ur posts plus those of some others got me into thinking I've got to do something about this.
    I've had a few sonagrams done the only time doc seemed to take a specific interest and found nothing, tomorrow's my appointment and I'm going with my research like I should have done a long time ago. People forget to do that, they think the doc is going to think of everything (I'm waggling my finger at Me of the Past)
    I also developed acne a few years ago, not to bad but I always had really clear skin.
    I have the Paleo Diet Book reserved at Borders and hope to go get it soon.
    Just want to talk this out with my doctor first I'll def share here what he said.

Just got 35min in running Woo hoo! tomorrow we're going for a 5mile run.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

Got a quick arms workout done! nothing special. And my Burpees, did them too
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

30. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Answers

Actually I've been following the "if your still eating grains" thread and ur posts plus those of some others got me into thinking I've got to do something about this.
    I've had a few sonagrams done the only time doc seemed to take a specific interest and found nothing, tomorrow's my appointment and I'm going with my research like I should have done a long time ago. People forget to do that, they think the doc is going to think of everything (I'm waggling my finger at Me of the Past)
    I also developed acne a few years ago, not to bad but I always had really clear skin.
    I have the Paleo Diet Book reserved at Borders and hope to go get it soon.
    Just want to talk this out with my doctor first I'll def share here what he said.

Just got 35min in running Woo hoo! tomorrow we're going for a 5mile run.
    I've been thinking of doing the Paleo/Primal thing to (thanks Rodja) so lets do it

31. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ryansm View Post
    I've been thinking of doing the Paleo/Primal thing to (thanks Rodja) so lets do it
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Haha. That thread is making some waves huh?

And so is this one!

Hope your doc comes up with something good... After spending some time in hospitals the last few days (not for me) my faith in our medical system is at an all time low.

I witnessed a conversation between two people going into surgery:
    "hey what makes a smartphone smart"
    "cause it talks to satilights not towers"
    "oh yeah"

Incorrectly marked carb information in the hospital cafeteria.
    Rice
    230 cal's
    With 40MG of carbs... My ex is a diabetic. God forbid somebody didn't think for a second or a young type 1 on an insulin pump makes his/her calculations off of that.

And doctors who were dealing with my grandma without having even looked at the updated blood work they ordered a week ago. It's seems that hospital was a conveyer belt of stupidity.

On another note! Check out "the pony bar" in NYC. Its like 10th ave and 45th street.
    The Mecca of awesome craft beer. And I live 3 blocks from it!!! ...prob doesn't fit into the paleo diet though...
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/173797-one-small-step.html Getting my ass beat and logging it.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

I'm in that boat to right now Ryan, Grandma's been hospitalized, I usually go to her house 1-2 times a week and help her take care of her sister and husband. Well now we're all divided taking care of all three of them, didn't get anything done today. taking turns at the house and in the hospital.
    She's ok now but my mind has been somewhere else for sure, she really is one of my best friends.

Be back tomorrow.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Completely understand...

I was raised by my grandma. Sad sad. I hope yours is getting better, mines been improving!
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.
    Answers

I'm in that boat to right now Ryan, Grandma's been hospitalized, I usually go to her house 1-2 times a week and help her take care of her sister and husband. Well now we're all divided taking care of all three of them, didn't get anything done today. taking turns at the house and in the hospital.
    She's ok now but my mind has been somewhere else for sure, she really is one of my best friends.

Be back tomorrow.
    My prayers are with your Grandmother smallfry. I hope she gets better soon.
    Taste the rainbow.
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

Thank u very much guys. And I'm glad to see she's improving Ryan.

Spent the late morning and afternoon with her at the hospital then took my shift at the house with my grand aunt and my grandma's husband. 88 and 93.
    She's doing fine, keeping food down finally but she gets stubborn and refuses to eat food she doesn't like. She was strong enough t walk herself to the bathroom today so that was great to see. We got to joking and she was in a good mood.
    Got home around 6 with all the traffic was really drained, been running between the computer and things around the house.

I just worked myself up to do 8 burpees hope to get in 4 more sets before 12 (it's almost 10:30 here) weak I know but I want to keep up with the burpee challenge at least
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Thank u very much guys. And I'm glad to see she's improving Ryan.

Spent the late morning and afternoon with her at the hospital then took my shift at the house with my grand aunt and my grandma's husband. 88 and 93.
    She's doing fine, keeping food down finally but she gets stubborn and refuses to eat food she doesn't like. She was strong enough t walk herself to the bathroom today so that was great to see. We got to joking and she was in a good mood.
    Got home around 6 with all the traffic was really drained, been running between the computer and things around the house.

I just worked myself up to do 8 burpees hope to get in 4 more sets before 12 (it's almost 10:30 here) weak I know but I want to keep up with the burpee challenge at least
    Haha. If it helps my gram says the reason she is staying healthy is because it takes a lot of effort to give me hell. My response is always "very funny grandma" knowing she is completely serious.

I love old people... . Her joking around is a great sign.
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

She is doing great today! We should be able to get her home tomorrow! I got old ppl duty tomorrow lol.
    Apparently her doc says she has diverticulitis. Weird cause I'll tell u why in min.
    I Finally went to my Doc and I told him my theories and ideas and he pretty much ignored them. He says that he isn't going to check for allergies because he doesn't believe it is any sort of allergy. I told him that I feel that when I eat lots of bread, pasta and sugar is when I get bloated and he says (translated) "Well I doubt very much your having a reaction to the pasta or a sugar maaaaybe a reaction to eggs used in it, but I had a client once that turned out to be allergic to eggs but he'd been eating eggs for years" He told me that as if that explained something.
    So i leave feeling like he didn't pay much attention to what I was saying. I have to get a whole bunch of lab work done and a ct scan because he says there's a chance it might be diverticulitis, weird.

He didn't give any importance to my diet or nutrition I don't understand that but whatever, just going to get those tests done for now.

I went to the Track today to run a bit, and there where the highschool track teams doing some cool things like hurdles and sleigh sprints (where that drag a weight behind them) and I remembered my my home made sleigh at home, I ran, sprinted and jogged 2 miles then got in the car and went home.

I got a set of rims that I have in the shed and set them up as my hurdles, only four so I added a small table at the end. Photos aren't to good cause it was the ipod and they sun was going down

This is my sleigh, its an ex-kitty litter box that has served for a plant nursery for a few years. It had 15lb plate in it.

And the Barrow with a little dirt in it.

So I'd run a lap, Push the barrow up the hill running as fast as I could, then jump the hurdles then drop and do 5 burpess ran around the house, lowered Barrow and then ran to the sleigh for a two way sprint, then I started again. This felt like serious business and did take some good rest between a few rounds but damn it was fun. I am reeealy sleepy!!!

Tomorrow I'm going with my dad to buy some chickens (live ones)
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Ignored by doctors... Funny eh... Especially when you are paying them. We're dealing with the same stuff.

Hope chicken hunting went well.
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

Ok Back at it

I was doing a lot of things at once like always. I am building a little chicken coop for my future chickens. I went to see them but I didn't buy them because my dad convinced me to build their home first because they grow really quick (and as nutty as he is, my dad knows I'm a procrastinator) It's almost finished and I already have the little cage ready for while their chicks. I'm very excited
    Was setting up an overhang to protect my air compressor so that i can work even when it's raining. Before I would have to cover it up and turn it off.
    Getting some work done on some of the cars we're planning to sell. (there's 3 of em)
    Doing a little dirt work for my future raised garden.
    Anyway I was allover the place and I just couldn't figure out what sort of routine I wanted to do to work out.

So I thought, what haven't I done in awhile?
    And brain said bench press

To Start Off:
    Bench Press
    60lbs 5 x 4 (felt easy and strong but didn't push for more)
    -ss-
    Jump Squat
    8x 4

Did the little track I posted the pix about on my last post. 3 times as fast as I could manage.
    Small lap, car rim hurdles (they reach my knees), burpees, down hill wheel barrow, 2 way weighted sprints, uphill wheel barrow. then start again
    I did 3 of those, I felt like throwing up, so for some reason, without thinking, I went to the fridge and bit a pickle!! and It helped! barfy feeling went away :/
    anyway
    got my BB and Db's

Did these next ones in circuit mode

Bent Over Fly
    15lbs each 6x2 8x1

Side lift w/ Squat
    10lbs each 10x3

Military Press
    30lbs 8x3

Straight Leg DL
    30lbs 15x3

Front Squat
    30lbs 15x3

Back Squat
    30lbs 15x3

Arnolds
    15lbs each 6x3

2 min rest between rounds

The whole workout was done fast, heart was pumping and after I finished I layed down on the floor tiles for awhile cause they were nice and cooool.

during my burpees I fell on my butt when I went to jump up lol and bit my tongue. I lost my balance and actually sort of threw myself backwards. :S

Grandma's been home since saturday

I feel like my stamina is getting better, which is great.

I think I covered everything :P
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

•