Dont Call It a Comeback... Log 5/3/1

Page 3 of 12 First 123458 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Lol you are too tall for that. Ya Idk why they are here for little ole me

See you know what Im talking about.

Ya I plan on getting 2 bottles to toy with

azntomahawkchop15 saves 15% off your order.
    geezus, why couldn't you be just tom15%, lol. what happened to the 25%?
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Answers

coming from the deadlift king himself........

You're being too hard on yourself. You said you were tired of being a little heavy but lifting a ton and you are going to focus on some aesthetics, right?
    Switching gears is going to be like starting all over bc your goals are going to be so different and your methods HAVE to be different.

Pulling the weight I saw you pull in the youtube video......you have great potential my friend. Keep the faith in yourself and remember you are your own worst critic.
    Last edited by morry; 04-09-2011 at 10:04 PM. Reason: quote messup
    Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    lol in highschool i ran the original halodrol 50 for 8 weeks with clenbuterol and vodka as pct
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/193259-begins-morry-vs.html
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    geezus, why couldn't you be just tom15%, lol. what happened to the 25%?
    Haha, he just likes to be difficult And the 25% was just a promo for the month.

Also wanted to agree with what morry posted. Changing goals is hard to do, man. Just like a lot of what we do, it comes down to you vs. your ego - you've gotta beat it. Focus on one thing at a time. Sacrifice a little strength short-term to gain the goal you currently want, then slowly build yourself back up to that strength. You can do it, bud.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  122 lbs.
    Answers

Lol I was joking about spin teachers.

Ya I hope this plan works. Well I hope things get easier and the food stays down.

Ya wouldnt be very smart of me to keep doing something that lays me up. I like doing them, but it isnt like they are squats or deadlifts(essential to living).

Should work if they have a good seat. Being able to adjust where you come off the rack. My gym has a military press rack with it far behind you to allow for behind the neck presses.

Good to have you in here man
    One thing I know for certain we had a mini riot at work today< I went RUNNING, and I hit the floor taking a kid down with me, no one hits my co worker... I didnt know I had it in me ....LOL spin is great!!!!

Glad to be here..
    RIP Ryan, :(
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  222 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    Im here - for when you need a shoulder to lean on
    SNS - Serious Nutrition Solutions
    My advice is exclusively my own and may not correspond with the views of SNS
    Questions or concerns? → conny[@]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Answers

Arnt you doing 5/3/1? Im positive you can achieve your physique goals and maintain strength. Ive been running a bodybuilder 5/3/1 hybrid for about 6 monthes now. My gains are great and my strength is on the rise. deads and squats are up 60lbs and my bench and oh press are up 45lbs. You got this!
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

geezus, why couldn't you be just tom15%, lol.
    Lol I know people probably dont use my code for that reason alone. But it is def easy to remember lol.

Quote Originally Posted by morry View Post
    coming from the deadlift king himself........

You're being too hard on yourself. You said you were tired of being a little heavy but lifting a ton and you are going to focus on some aesthetics, right?
    Switching gears is going to be like starting all over bc your goals are going to be so different and your methods HAVE to be different.

Pulling the weight I saw you pull in the youtube video......you have great potential my friend. Keep the faith in yourself and remember you are your own worst critic.
    Shoot Im def not the deadlift king. 495 for 5 is bitch weight(no offense to anyone who does that or less, but I want 700 )

I know the goal is to change my diet first to find what will be most effective for me. I like 5/3/1 for strength, but I feel like it can be a good basis for my goal on leaning down. Still want that dense look you get with heavy weights.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    Haha, he just likes to be difficult And the 25% was just a promo for the month.

Also wanted to agree with what morry posted. Changing goals is hard to do, man. Just like a lot of what we do, it comes down to you vs. your ego - you've gotta beat it. Focus on one thing at a time. Sacrifice a little strength short-term to gain the goal you currently want, then slowly build yourself back up to that strength. You can do it, bud.
    We shall see who wins "me vs I"

I wont lie I am looking forward to when I can put some more "gym candy" in my body. But that is def a ways off. Got to make sure everything is recovered.

Quote Originally Posted by toughchick401 View Post
    One thing I know for certain we had a mini riot at work today< I went RUNNING, and I hit the floor taking a kid down with me, no one hits my co worker... I didnt know I had it in me ....LOL spin is great!!!!

Glad to be here..
    I didnt doubt you did listening to the rage you display while driving I might try going on mondays if the milf is there still. Hit back early in the day carb back up and die while doing spin.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Arnt you doing 5/3/1? Im positive you can achieve your physique goals and maintain strength. Ive been running a bodybuilder 5/3/1 hybrid for about 6 monthes now. My gains are great and my strength is on the rise. deads and squats are up 60lbs and my bench and oh press are up 45lbs. You got this!
    Mind hititng me with a PM to see how you have that set up?
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Didnt go shooting today so that was a shitty way to start the day off. Helped a friend(and workout partner) who recently had to get a new truck. He bought a chicken pizza and we watched the Strikeforce PPV. Ended up eating out of schedule, but it is hard to say no to free pizza lol. Also found out he is back to lifting, but he is going on base to the fitness center. The fitness center is free so hard to argue. I just renewed for this month so Im staying at the gym. The fitness center might have some girls to look at but honestly not that much. Plus it gets so crowded. Was kind of funny having people watch me lift though lol. I swear when I was deadlifting I looked up and half the people stopped working out to watch me. The sad part is they probably didnt even know what I was doing just saw a bunch of plates.

The arms are still really sore. Forgot how this felt. Think I might make it a habit of including an arm day. It is nice to beat them up.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Answers

i pm'd you
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Another rest day today and much needed. Still plenty sore from my arm day on Friday. Triceps are still very much in pain. Biceps feel pretty much healed up which isnt unusual they never really get all that sore.

For my delayed lunch I had a footlong sub from Firehouse. Thinking I should have added a protein shake to it. Then about 4 hours later I had steak(10-12oz), spinach, and some protein fluff(Lean Gains). Pretty sure I will be full until the next time to eat lol.

Tomorrow will be back so here we go...

Deadlift (570) with [515] being my adjusted max:
    335*5
    385*5
    435*5

We shall see what I do to follow that up.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Answers

deadlift isnt a back movement in the strictest sence.
    hows the IF treating you? im considering giving it a try. I just dont know how im gonna pack 100g protein and about 200g carbs into my post-wo meal lol
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

deadlift isnt a back movement in the strictest sence.
    hows the IF treating you? im considering giving it a try. I just dont know how im gonna pack 100g protein and about 200g carbs into my post-wo meal lol
    Lol well tomorrow is my deadlift day. Oh and tell my back it isnt a back movement. My whole back was sore on Tuesday after deadlifting on monday.

I can always tweak my schedule now since Im working out by myself.
    Mon: deadlift
    Tues: military
    Wed: cardio/spin
    Thur: squat
    Fri: bench
    Sat: arms

Weird idea just popped into my head
    Mon: spin
    Tues: deadlift
    Wed: spin
    Thurs: bench
    Friday: squat
    Sat: cardio/rest
    Sun: arms

Like I said it was weird. Mon and Wed are the spin days. Honestly Idk if I want to do spin.

Im liking the IF so far. Had to adjust my calories some lol. Was basically just pouring food down my gullet. Which is more of a Warrior Diet approach when I am trying to do more of a Lean Gains. I think once I tigthen up my calories weight will drop off nicely.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Answers

Lol i cant poor food down anymore, i just get to full to fast.
    so you train arms on their own day?
    Idk if you need 5 days of lifting plus IF plus cardio plus dieting.
    Id say a mon-wed-fri rotation of 5/3/1 with 2 days of conditioning work would be plenty, and when you bulk do a mon-tues-thurs-fri rotation with 1-2 days conditioning. But thats me and also what leangains recommends usually. either way good luck! and ill keep an eye on this
  14. Registered User
    Answers

forgot how much fun your logs are, tom-some good stuff in here!!!

tom
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Lol i cant poor food down anymore, i just get to full to fast.
    so you train arms on their own day?
    Idk if you need 5 days of lifting plus IF plus cardio plus dieting.
    Id say a mon-wed-fri rotation of 5/3/1 with 2 days of conditioning work would be plenty, and when you bulk do a mon-tues-thurs-fri rotation with 1-2 days conditioning. But thats me and also what leangains recommends usually. either way good luck! and ill keep an eye on this
    Oh well I have never had a problem eating. I will never be skinny.
    The reason I am considering training arms on their own day is because they are so far behind Imo. Even before my month hiatutus I felt like they were small. An arm day isnt guranteed but is possible. I might just add biceps and triceps to different days. It isnt like I do much for them anyway.

forgot how much fun your logs are, tom-some good stuff in here!!!

tom
    Well duh I am just trying to live up to the T.O.M. standard. I try to mix a bit of fun with all this hard work.

Might be trying out a cheesecake soon so I will give my take on that.

If anyone has checked out Lean Gains and not tried the protein fluff yet I suggest it. Very filling and tasty enough for "regular" people
  16. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

M.O.M. checking in. Looking good making a comeback. You'll be back to the good stuff soon enough.

I wouldn't do spin, but that's just me and I don't like bikes!

Oh, and DLs are most certainly back moves! I never felt as much back activity as when I started doing heavy deadlifts and really leaning back at the top of the pull.
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    M.O.M. checking in. Looking good making a comeback. You'll be back to the good stuff soon enough.

Oh, and DLs are most certainly back moves! I never felt as much back activity as when I started doing heavy deadlifts and really leaning back at the top of the pull.
    Deadlifts are a hip movement, you prob lift your hips first and use mostly back for the movement as most do. But dont lean back, it will put you at risk for a back injury or a slip disk, just hit the straight back and push your chest out, do not pull your shoulder blade back.
  18. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

I lift with my hamstrings and glutes first, but hips probably get hit as well as spinal erectors. However, I still really feel it throughout my back.

Really though, the only time my lower back feels under any pressure is the start of the pull, not when I put a little lean at the top. The top when I lean I feel it in my upper back and lats.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Answers

I lift with my hamstrings and glutes first, but hips probably get hit as well as spinal erectors. However, I still really feel it throughout my back.

Really though, the only time my lower back feels under any pressure is the start of the pull, not when I put a little lean at the top. The top when I lean I feel it in my upper back and lats.
    no point in argueing, this is what is fact. It puts you at risk of injury, all across your spin. If the reward of upper back stimulation is worth it then so be it.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Good to have you Mabus lol. When I hear that name I think of a really old country black man talking to another really old country black named Mabus. Dont ask me why but I do lol.

I know I cant wait either. Got some SARMs headed my way too.

Ya I dont like it much either. I would be more inclined to do it if there were better looking females at the FC, but Im sure you can agree it was lacking even back then.

I will say I am considering going to do yoga though.
  21. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Tom how was that protein fluff? Post up the recipe I love trying new stuff like that out

As to the deadlift convo.. I am gonna side with Milas and Tom on this one. Deadlifts definetely work the back and is actually their primary target muscle.

At the same time I dont like to divide workouts into body part session rather than into body groups and focus on movement directions (i.e horizontal push/pull, knee dominant, etc) and the deadlift is a hip-dominant exercise.

The glutes, adductor, quads, soleus, hammys, calf, traps, abs, and upper parts of you back are all involved in a deadlift but the main target is the erector spinae. Now this is for your conventional deadlift, other variations will focus on other areas (a stiff DL will focus more on the glutes for example)

Pretty much the deadlift will work most of your posterior chain and is the GOD of exercises
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  22. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Don't argue with SweetLou, he knows everything about everything!

Tom, yoga is awesome, I highly recommend it over spim! The benefits aside from cardio are great (and flexible hotties too)!
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Tom how was that protein fluff? Post up the recipe I love trying new stuff like that out

As to the deadlift convo.. I am gonna side with Milas and Tom on this one. Deadlifts definetely work the back and is actually their primary target muscle.

At the same time I dont like to divide workouts into body part session rather than into body groups and focus on movement directions (i.e horizontal push/pull, knee dominant, etc) and the deadlift is a hip-dominant exercise.

The glutes, adductor, quads, soleus, hammys, calf, traps, abs, and upper parts of you back are all involved in a deadlift but the main target is the erector spinae. Now this is for your conventional deadlift, other variations will focus on other areas (a stiff DL will focus more on the glutes for example)

Pretty much the deadlift will work most of your posterior chain and is the GOD of exercises
    I am going to just copy it from the site. All I did was put "lean gains protein fluff" into google.

Now this is some truly great stuff. Only 200 calories, tastes awesome and extremely satiating.

This recipe has been around on Swedish forums for some time. I didn't come up with it myself and I owe it to a guy named Fever for coming up with the original recipe and Andreaz for perfecting it. Andreaz was eating it like crazy on his latest contest prep and it was probably one of the reasons he felt this was his easiest diet ever. Wish I knew about this little gem a few years ago.

This is what you need:

~40 g protein powder. Works with: 100% Casein Protein , Nitrean, Sloow Protein and some whey protein brands (I've tried it with Syntrax Matrix). Unfortunately, I've not been able to make it work with Micellar Creme. Please let me know in comments when you find new brands this works with and I'll add them here.

200 g thawed and mashed berries: strawberries, raspberries or blueberries. Works best with strawberries or raspberries in my experience. Word on the street is it apparently also works with mashed bananas though I haven't tried it yet.

0.5 dl (or 1.7 ounces) skim milk. You can probably use water as well but I think skim milk will get you a better "fluff".

Sweetener (optional)

Alternative version: 30 g protein powder, 125 g berries, 1.25 dl (4.25 ounces) water or skim milk.

1) Mix all ingredients in a bowl.

2) Use a mixer on the strongest setting and mix thoroughly for several minutes.

The concoction will expand or "fluff up" to several times its original size. After 8-9 minutes, it'll look like the picture below.

Serve and enjoy as it is or add some extras like cacao or sliced bananas.

It all comes out to about 225 kcal, 36 g protein, 21 g carbs and zero fat. You can also put it in the fridge for about 30 minutes and it'll resemble a creamy kind of sorbet.

If you plan on eating this on a regular basis, getting a standing good mixer with a bowl will be a nice time-saver in the long run. I'm using "Philips HR1565" which is about $80 or so. If you can't get a hold of that one, Sunbeam 2371 Mixmaster Stand Mixer, White seems like a good alternative. It's important that the mixer is strong (350 watts or more) and has a large enough bowl (3 liters or more).

Ok after copying that and reading it again I messed up when I made mine tonight lol. I mix matched the pudding with the protein fluff. I went by scoops of protein. Might make a difference might not. Mine def didnt fluff up nearly as much as his did. I think I need a different mixer though. He recommends a 350 watt and up mixer(high powered).

So I def cant wait to try it again. Will probably use blueberries and a banana tomorrow post workout. Also have some steak and red potatoes planned. Another great thing about this IF. Spending less on food so you can get the good stuff.

Josh I am still in the habit of calling things by body parts even though I plan on dividing my workouts into deadlift, bench, squat, and military press day.

Tom, yoga is awesome, I highly recommend it over spin! The benefits aside from cardio are great (and flexible hotties too)!
    Ya I like it and it will def be some me time so to speak. I have yet to know anyone that went to the yoga class. For spin I know the instructor and my sister goes to spin. She is just weird to be around in that setting anymore. Too stressed out about her job so she gets mad/embarassed when I joke around with her. Idk any of the people there so I could give a flying fuck what they think of me.

Man I want to go to a legit yoga studio in say like Atlanta(better yet Cali just no FOBs please lol) where there will actually be hotties.
  24. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Tom, yoga is awesome, I highly recommend it over spim! The benefits aside from cardio are great (and flexible hotties too)!
    there are yoga videos online you can download. I have a hip opener one I do sometimes before bed. The yoga video from the p90 series is pretty good too i think
  25. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

awesome tom thanks!!! Ima try this sometime next week.. damn now I have this and the protein cheescake to try this week. MMmm gonna be a good week
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

there are yoga videos online you can download. I have a hip opener one I do sometimes before bed. The yoga video from the p90 series is pretty good too i think
    I could never finish the P90X one I would just be like "That is enough for today" lol and covered in sweat. Plus I think my friend still has my copy.

awesome tom thanks!!! Ima try this sometime next week.. damn now I have this and the protein cheescake to try this week. MMmm gonna be a good week
    Not a problem it looks great on the site. Let me know what you think of it. I know I cant wait to try the protein cheesecake. Will def be something nice if it tastes good. My mom is a big cheesecake fan so this will be something nice for her. Plus my dad is a diabetic so the 6 grams of carbs are nice.
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Answers

there is little i know my friend, im just looking out for you back health. but im sure you could just pm rodja or zir red if you want some creditable opinions.
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  122 lbs.
    Answers

Spin, x2 your better than me, the most i do is spin in the AM, work than run on the treadmill 45 mins after work.....I feel like a slacker...
    RIP Ryan, :(
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Deadlifts are certainly a back exercise. They may not be isotonic from top to bottom, but it's certainly the greatest amount of static contraction the back undergoes out of any exercise I can think of. Deads are isotonic for the hams, glutes, some quads, some calves and hips, but for the traps, erectors, scapular muscles, it's a mean static contraction, maybe slightly isotonic for the upper traps as well if you finish slightly shrugged.
    NSCA - CSCS
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by toughchick401 View Post
    Spin, x2 your better than me, the most i do is spin in the AM, work than run on the treadmill 45 mins after work.....I feel like a slacker...
    Oh clearly you have misunderstood me Holy Heidi Spin would only be twice a week at that is at most. It is very likely I wont do it at all. I dont even plan on doing cardio on lifting days at all unless you count yoga but that is because of the days yoga falls on.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Deadlifts are certainly a back exercise. They may not be isotonic from top to bottom, but it's certainly the greatest amount of static contraction the back undergoes out of any exercise I can think of. Deads are isotonic for the hams, glutes, some quads, some calves and hips, but for the traps, erectors, scapular muscles, it's a mean static contraction, maybe slightly isotonic for the upper traps as well if you finish slightly shrugged.
    Always good to hear some insight from you Samuel. Hope everything works out for you.

My body is itching to throw weight around. Hopefully I dont get too caught up in it and overtrain.
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  222 lbs.
    Answers

Stiff Legged Deadlifts
    SNS - Serious Nutrition Solutions
    My advice is exclusively my own and may not correspond with the views of SNS
    Questions or concerns? → conny[@]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Answers

Lol I know people probably dont use my code for that reason alone. But it is def easy to remember lol.

Shoot Im def not the deadlift king. 495 for 5 is bitch weight(no offense to anyone who does that or less, but I want 700 )
    I know the goal is to change my diet first to find what will be most effective for me. I like 5/3/1 for strength, but I feel like it can be a good basis for my goal on leaning down. Still want that dense look you get with heavy weights.

We shall see who wins "me vs I"

I wont lie I am looking forward to when I can put some more "gym candy" in my body. But that is def a ways off. Got to make sure everything is recovered.

I didnt doubt you did listening to the rage you display while driving I might try going on mondays if the milf is there still. Hit back early in the day carb back up and die while doing spin.

Mind hititng me with a PM to see how you have that set up?
    Uh.........can't lift that bro. You are deadlift king in my head.
    Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    lol in highschool i ran the original halodrol 50 for 8 weeks with clenbuterol and vodka as pct
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/193259-begins-morry-vs.html
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Answers

I've gained some nice mass since I stopped worrying about how much weight I can lift. I also feel better and have a jacked pump all day.

34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteConny View Post
    Stiff Legged Deadlifts
    Those are quite fun. Might do some on Thursday but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by morry View Post
    Uh.........can't lift that bro. You are deadlift king in my head.
    Haha alright I will allow it.

I've gained some nice mass since I stopped worrying about how much weight I can lift. I also feel better and have a jacked pump all day.
    I still like the idea of being able to lift a lot. Dont need anymore mass. I think floating around 200 would be a good weight for me.
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

If 495 for 5 is bitch weight, then I'm the bottom bitch
    NSCA - CSCS
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Answers

Ok ok, finally subbed, keep popping in here, liking the content and forgetting to sub :/
    smallfry@athleticxtreme.com
    http://www.facebook.com/Athleticxtreme
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

37. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Answers

That's my sentiment, as well. However, I do still find myself questing for beast numbers lol...I just have to stop myself anytime I see my form slipping and correct it before letting it compound into a bigger issue.

Haha, this exactly how I felt when I read it!
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  38. Registered User
    Answers

damn, i always look at deads as a fullbody workout. amazing how many muscle groups are involved, imo.

but when i do max deads i definately feel it most in my back the next day!!! forearms too.
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

My bad Samuel. You have a valid reason though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrodz View Post
    Ok ok, finally subbed, keep popping in here, liking the content and forgetting to sub :/
    Well Im glad you finally decided to sub. Another good mind to the mix to make up for me

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    That's my sentiment, as well. However, I do still find myself questing for beast numbers lol...I just have to stop myself anytime I see my form slipping and correct it before letting it compound into a bigger issue.

Haha, this exactly how I felt when I read it!
    Im trying to get that holy grail of looking strong and actually being strong.

damn, i always look at deads as a fullbody workout. amazing how many muscle groups are involved, imo.

but when i do max deads i definately feel it most in my back the next day!!! forearms too.
    Yes the whole body gets taxed with deadlifts. I end up sweating like crazy. The back take good beatdown on heavy deadlifts though.

Workout
    Deadlift
    335*5, 385*5, 435*5+ I got 11

Good Mornings
    135*12,12,12

Wide lat pulldowns concentrated(harder than you would think)
    130*12,12,12,12

Back ext with DBs with lateral raise at top(nuts took a beating)
    10*12,12

I thought it was a good workout. Plus I got in and out in a little over an hour.

I checked my weight today. I was 218 with clothes and shoes on. Usually I subtract 4 pounds when I say my weight to account for shoes, clothes, water, and food. Didnt have anything to eat today. Last week when I weighted myself with a meal in me I was 223 and even 224. So something is going right
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

I should really start incorporating good mornings. Maybe my next Deads/Legs day.
    NSCA - CSCS
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. DONT ASK DONT TELL keep it leave it & why
    By SELFofGOD in forum Politics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-11-2010, 08:02 PM
  2. Comeback Kid
    By JuveCalcio in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-19-2010, 12:37 PM
  3. Making a comeback