AntonG42O's log about BJJ, lifting, diet, life

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
So I decided to make my own log, mainly to keep track of my training and have something to look back on. Ill post stuff about BJJ, my tournaments, any diet changes, my weight training. Ive been having a hard time making it to boxing because of my work schedule but hopefully next month our muay thai teacher comes back from Thailand and will be teaching late at night.

Im working on winning some grappling tournaments and getting my striking to a comfortable level. In the near future I would like to do an amateur MMA fight.

As of right now the training schedule looks like this:

Monday: boxing and BJJ Gi
Tuesday: wrestling and BJJ No Gi
Wednesday: usually rest or BJJ Gi
Thursday: wrestling and BJJ no Gi
Friday: boxing and BJJ Gi
Saturday: BJJ No Gi, sauna/pool, running a hill when its nice
Sunday: weight training

Diet is usually the same everyday:

7:30AM: 6 eggs, 5 piece of thick sliced bacon, spinach, tomato/avocado, fish oil 5 grams

11AM: 6 hardboiled eggs, fresh fruit/vegetables, fish oil 5 grams

1PM: chicken breast or half pound can of salmon, 2-3 servings of spinach, big bag of baby carrots and big bag of broccoli, fish oil 5 grams

4PM: can of salmon, banana (Pre-training)

8 PM: whey shake, 1-2 bananas

9 - 9:30PM: 1 - 1.5 lbs flank steak, vegetables, red mash potatoes if feeling low glycogen, fish oil 5 grams

Supplements:

Fish Oil, ALCAR, AAKG, DAA, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, fenugreek, echinacea, creatine monohydrate, zinc 50 mg before bed

wrestling/No Gi tonight, time to work on my high crotch to double leg takedown and bump sweep to triangle!!!

S

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in...if only for the immature jokes.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
In regards to ball hair;

Brazillion is the way to go, men.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
In regards to ball hair;

lmao yea definitely you gotta look young down there, it was a carry over joke from the "how do you spit game" thread

S

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In regards to ball hair;

Hell no...use a buzzer. No one's waxing anything down there. I saw the 40 year old virgin, I know what happens, ends up looking like a man-o-lantern down there.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
Well this thread has got off to a great start..lol

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Do you work mainly folkstyle or Greco?
im not sure what folkstyle is but this is just regular freestyle wrestling, the kind u would see at high school. low singles, doubles, all that good stuff. I still need to get shoes, i feel like people with shoes are shooting a little harder than me because of the traction.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
1/20

Really good day of training. my takedowns are getting sharper, i can now get really low and my drive is much better because of all the squats and deadlifts ive been doing. BJJ is also improving at astronomical speeds because of how good the competition is at this gym. im constantly giving this kid who is a purple belt all kinds of trouble and came close to tapping him a couple times. really trying to nail the bump sweep, it seems like my explosion at the hips fits that move perfectly.

I really like ALCAR for mma training. good focus and energy and i feel like i actually remember moves much better because im so concentrated on whats going on.

Got a huge bruise on my thigh from falling on someone. wonder if this will affect my squats and deads on sunday. this led me to think that maybe instead of stacking my supplements to help athletic performance I should focus on recovery. i have so many bumps bruises and sore places that maybe some kind of sleep enhancement would help me. i was thinking about getting some GABA again for the GH benefit but im still not convinced how effective it is, sleep and relaxation is great but there has only been one or two studies about its GH use.

Im going to do box squats for the first time ever this sunday. figured ill start with a parallel box, from what I read sets of 2 reps are reccomended to minimize chances of injury. gonna focus on keeping every muscle tight when i sit on the box except for the hip flexor and then explode with the hips. im also loving the trap bar (hex bar) in addition to regular deads. feels like its building a lot of explosion and strength, im already up to 3.5 plates on each side on my 3rd time doing it.

funny story. a kid that i graduated high school with came to our training last night. when we went to our senior trip in disney world, they took a group photo in front of Hard Rock cafe or something. All 300 something kids plus the teachers. when we got back the school printed all the pictures and handed them out. little did they know (or didnt notice) this kid has his balls out in the picture, smiling from ear to ear. they desperately tried to collect all the pictures from people but obviously without success. they made his pay $3k to reprint all the pics, but the picture is still on collegehumor and sites like that. now thats a good prank.

tonight is BJJ Gi, im super beat up but its good to go in anyway and work technique.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
1/21:

BJJ Gi

Ok workout, very banged up. still managed to finish some people with gi chokes but thats all I had because my legs were so bruised.

1/23:

squat: 135 x 8, 185 x 5, 205 x 4, 225 x 3, 245 x 2, 265 x 2, 225 x 7

deads: 135 x 10, 225 x 5, 275 x 3, 285 x 2, 225 x 6

weighed dips: bw x 15, 45lb x 10

stretching+foam rolling

maybe too many sets on the squats. im still trying to perfect my form and get used to lifting heavy every week. not really sure how to properly do all the sets, weights, progressions, %'s etc. form looks pretty good, i just lack knowledge when it comes to those things. ive done a 5x5 program for 12 weeks or so and I liked it, but I want to go with lower reps now.

1/24:

boxing: felt pretty light on my feet. sparred only 50% with no headgear because last time I got a pretty nasty concussion. definitely wasnt the bloodsport scene like it was last week, worked more on movement and using my reach.

BJJ Gi: finally felt no injuries so ended up tapping a bunch of people. got one kid with izekio (sp) from side control like 4 times. worked my spider guard and triangle setups. gearing up for New York Invitational in March.

other than that it was a great weekend as always. probably ate 4 pounds of meat and at least 3 dozen eggs. for awhile now i make steak with eggs and avocados post workout. sometimes a little bit of mash for carbs.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed in my Paleo bud!! Did you compete at the tournament this pas weekend? I may have to give this ALCAR a shot.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Subbed in my Paleo bud!! Did you compete at the tournament this pas weekend? I may have to give this ALCAR a shot.
nah i havent competed since that last submission only event. were hitting the NY invitational in march with full force, at least 10 people from the team. im working on my moves now so i can just blasstttt people in competition :)

definitely buy ALCAR. great focus when working out. i actually forgot it at home today and work seems a little more difficult. its like adderall focus without the speed.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm bout to check nutraplanet now for it, I think they have it in their bulk series. Do you have a link to this event in march? I missed the last one cuz it was my sons b-day party and there is another one 2/20 but it's the day after my daughter is soupposed to be due so I van make that one. I will take a ride up to NY though, I was looking for an even in march to do too

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I'm bout to check nutraplanet now for it, I think they have it in their bulk series. Do you have a link to this event in march? I missed the last one cuz it was my sons b-day party and there is another one 2/20 but it's the day after my daughter is soupposed to be due so I van make that one. I will take a ride up to NY though, I was looking for an even in march to do too
well ill look it up right now but do you compete in BJJ tournaments? this one is straight BJJ rules with Gi. i thought you are more of a judo guy.

yeah buy nutra ALCAR, im pretty much done the 100g and wanna order a half kilo. start with 500mg, ive taken as much as 3 grams preWO and you can definitely tell the difference.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
1/25

wrestling/bjj no gi

wrestling went really well. im getting better at pulling someones head down and staying low, and when they pop up i shoot for my double. almost always get that one.

bjj went even better. we have a bunch of college wrestlers that arent familiar with submissions yet so they throw themselves into armbars and triangles. i caught one really tough dude in a triangle and he struggled until he was making that "im about to pass out" noise and then violently tapped. i let it go and he just stood up and started walking away all pissed off. i was like "come on man its just a tap", earlier during wrestling he took me down at least 3 or 4 times so id say it was even.

thinking about getting some more DAA. did a month but i think i wanna do another one if it makes sense. also gonna get a half kilo of ALCAR, stuff is gold im telling you

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I'm completely with you about ALCAR.
dude i feel like it saved my life this morning. i took 1.5 grams after breakfast and went to work. it snowed very heavy in my area. i was going like 60 in the cleared section but then i hit a slippery patch and i thought the car was gonna flip over. i didnt freak out at all, started easing on the breaks while wrestling the car back into the lane. took me a good half minute to get it under control but i felt super focused like tunnel vision. ALCAR definitely does something to help the brain process information better.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
1/28 and 1/29: BJJ: solid 2 days of grappling.

working on passing the guard quickly and going into north south, finishing with a simple north south choke.

1/30:

squat:

135x8, 205x5, 225x3, 245x2, 265x1, 285x1, 245x4

deads:

135x5, 225x5, 275x4

weighed dips:

bw x 10, bw+45x 15, bw+45x 15

foam rolling, stretching

after lifting even got some grappling in with my girl at the 24hr gym, they got some mats in the back that we can use.

overall great training weeekend

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
dude im addicted to this forum, i have it open the whole time im at work lol
Lol same here I like it more then Facebook... When I still liked facebook though! I post & read from my phone all day...

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Lol same here I like it more then Facebook... When I still liked facebook though! I post & read from my phone all day...
tell you what though, my job has allowed me to sit on here everyday and learn a $hit ton of information. sometimes i really regret not going to school for fitness or nutrition..

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
tell you what though, my job has allowed me to sit on here everyday and learn a $hit ton of information. sometimes i really regret not going to school for fitness or nutrition..
I got in trouble for siting in the squad using the dept issued tough book laptop for enhancing my anabolic knowledge lol

If I could go back I'd be a middle school or high school gym teacher...

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I got in trouble for siting in the squad using the dept issued tough book laptop for enhancing my anabolic knowledge lol

If I could go back I'd be a middle school or high school gym teacher...
hahaha you gotta watch one of ronnie colemans videos, he is trying to squeeze his cop uniform on for 20 minutes. then they show him sittin in the car eating out of a tupperwear container lol

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hahaha you gotta watch one of ronnie colemans videos, he is trying to squeeze his cop uniform on for 20 minutes. then they show him sittin in the car eating out of a tupperwear container lol
A cop buddy of mine sent it to me lol I keep my cooler in my passenger seat and it has a little pocket I keep my ticket book in haha!! Works good for me and everyone driving thru my town gets a break every two hours ;)

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
2/1: wrestling, bjj

this was a tough session. i kept bleeding everywhere and catching peoples knees with my face. had a hard time staying lower than opponents so my shot was garbage. i feel much more stable from doing all the squats and deads so at least its way harder now to take me down.

bjj went smoother. had a battle with the purple belt as usual. i can pretty much get a bodylock (figure 4) from guard on anyone and it makes them feel like total $hit. the only problem is being very limited in submissions from there because my legs are tied up. what i can do from there is a kimura or a good sit up sweep because of how uncomfortable people feel in a body lock. also im developing a killer north south choke because i go there right after passing the guard.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No blood no glory.. Right? Sound like a brutal session man! I have lots of respect you guys... Reading this is making me miss my martial art days!!

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
No blood no glory.. Right? Sound like a brutal session man! I have lots of respect you guys... Reading this is making me miss my martial art days!!
why not train a little? im sure there are tons of gyms around you, go to like 2-3 sessions a week. it will help you trim up and its probably good for the job you know

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
why not train a little? im sure there are tons of gyms around you, go to like 2-3 sessions a week. it will help you trim up and its probably good for the job you know
It's something I have been thinking about for about 2 years now :/ two jobs and school it's just to much right now. I hate making excuses ugh! Two sessions a week could be done. I might even be able to talk the chick into going hmmm a new type of foreplay maybe lol

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
It's something I have been thinking about for about 2 years now :/ two jobs and school it's just to much right now. I hate making excuses ugh! Two sessions a week could be done. I might even be able to talk the chick into going hmmm a new type of foreplay maybe lol
oh bro the chick im dating now i met at my mma gym. its awesomeeee

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
alright so i finished a run of Sustain Alpha which i logged in another thread. I also got over a case of impetigo that i got from dirty mats/people. now its back to grappling hardcore with a day of lifting or two a week. ordered a $hit ton of ALCAR which should be here soon. wanted to squat yesterday but had some stuff going on so i didnt wanna start squatting if my mind wasnt all there.

2/27

shoulder warm up with bands

YTLWI raises (5, 10, 12lbs)

trapbar deads

185x5, 275x5, 315x5, 365x3, 405x3

biceps/tris superset

BJJ Gi tonight, time to put people to sleeeeep :)

mikemd21289

mikemd21289

Awards
I'm following my man, best of luck

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
lol thats exactly what i needed this morning!

I was sick all last week with some monster zombie flu. finally got a workout in last night.

3/6

shoulder warmup w/ bands

YTLWI raise (8 lbs)

ab wheel

squat 135x10, 205x5, 225x5, 245x5, 265x3, 135x20

facepulls superset w/ pushups
(50,80,90)

arnold presses superset w/ bicep curls

PVC roll for legs

finally back to training today, if work doesnt keep me here all night

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love it when someone tries to pull off that move on me. A banana split does nothing thanks to my insane flexibility.

You'll enjoy this, Anton; I have decided to go full athlete Paleo as of today. Breakfast this morning was 6 eggs (3 whole, 3 whites), 6 oz beef sausage, pineapple, and blueberries. I'll be eating potatoes post-training, which will be twice today (dynamic legs and core and then an evening sprint session). I'm still mending my damn broken hand, but this will help me to keep my weight down and keep the cardio high.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I love it when someone tries to pull off that move on me. A banana split does nothing thanks to my insane flexibility.

You'll enjoy this, Anton; I have decided to go full athlete Paleo as of today. Breakfast this morning was 6 eggs (3 whole, 3 whites), 6 oz beef sausage, pineapple, and blueberries. I'll be eating potatoes post-training, which will be twice today (dynamic legs and core and then an evening sprint session). I'm still mending my damn broken hand, but this will help me to keep my weight down and keep the cardio high.
oh dude when did you break your hand?? wasnt this a version of paleo that you were doing this whole time? or are you cutting out liquid carbs and keeping just the starches?

ive been making this banging dinner. my supermarket now stocks ground bison ($8 per lb) so in a frying pan with butter I dump the whole pound and break it all up. stir and season until all meat is cooked, then i add a whole avocado all cut up into pieces. after that break 3-4 eggs and keep stirring until everything is cooked. add a little garlic and its super awesome. perfect no carb meal.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
oh dude when did you break your hand?? wasnt this a version of paleo that you were doing this whole time? or are you cutting out liquid carbs and keeping just the starches?

ive been making this banging dinner. my supermarket now stocks ground bison ($8 per lb) so in a frying pan with butter I dump the whole pound and break it all up. stir and season until all meat is cooked, then i add a whole avocado all cut up into pieces. after that break 3-4 eggs and keep stirring until everything is cooked. add a little garlic and its super awesome. perfect no carb meal.
I broke it about 2 weeks ago during a sparring session. Basically, I'm cutting out the Basmati rice for now and eating 2-3 servings of fruit in the morning and mid-day. I will probably use the WMS only as needed after my long sessions that combine conditioning and lifting. Otherwise, I'll just stick to using red potatoes and some fruit as my post-training carbs.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I broke it about 2 weeks ago during a sparring session. Basically, I'm cutting out the Basmati rice for now and eating 2-3 servings of fruit in the morning and mid-day. I will probably use the WMS only as needed after my long sessions that combine conditioning and lifting. Otherwise, I'll just stick to using red potatoes and some fruit as my post-training carbs.
awesome plan bro. ive been shying away from too much fruit lately. i get such a fructose rush from some fruit (strawberries) it feels like i just ate a piece of cake. this fruit we buy is too GMO, i feel like its got too much sugar. many Paleo advocates have written the same thing. vegetables are a much safer bet, barely anything on GI scale..

speaking of which, I recently read somewhere that steady low blood sugar leads to higher GH production. not sure the source but worth looking into

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
awesome plan bro. ive been shying away from too much fruit lately. i get such a fructose rush from some fruit (strawberries) it feels like i just ate a piece of cake. this fruit we buy is too GMO, i feel like its got too much sugar. many Paleo advocates have written the same thing. vegetables are a much safer bet, barely anything on GI scale..

speaking of which, I recently read somewhere that steady low blood sugar leads to higher GH production. not sure the source but worth looking into
Eh, GI is such a flawed scale, especially while eating Paleo where there is always a healthy amount of fat and fiber in each meal.

Low blood-glucose can lead to a higher level of GH because insulin blunts GH. This is one of the reasons that a lower carb lifestyle tends to lean itself to having a more desirable body composition.