AntonG42O's log about BJJ, lifting, diet, life - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

AntonG42O's log about BJJ, lifting, diet, life

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. New Member
    mikemd21289's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  226 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    191
    Rep Power
    186

    Reputation

    I'm following my man, best of luck
    I'm back from a longggg nap!

  2. Pro Virili Parte
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,873
    Rep Power
    2252999

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  3. Elite Member
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,720
    Rep Power
    135804

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Awesome

    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    3789

    Reputation

    lol thats exactly what i needed this morning!

    I was sick all last week with some monster zombie flu. finally got a workout in last night.

    3/6

    shoulder warmup w/ bands

    YTLWI raise (8 lbs)

    ab wheel

    squat 135x10, 205x5, 225x5, 245x5, 265x3, 135x20

    facepulls superset w/ pushups
    (50,80,90)

    arnold presses superset w/ bicep curls

    PVC roll for legs

    finally back to training today, if work doesnt keep me here all night
    BJJ = life
  5. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,047
    Rep Power
    919684

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I love it when someone tries to pull off that move on me. A banana split does nothing thanks to my insane flexibility.

    You'll enjoy this, Anton; I have decided to go full athlete Paleo as of today. Breakfast this morning was 6 eggs (3 whole, 3 whites), 6 oz beef sausage, pineapple, and blueberries. I'll be eating potatoes post-training, which will be twice today (dynamic legs and core and then an evening sprint session). I'm still mending my damn broken hand, but this will help me to keep my weight down and keep the cardio high.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  6. Senior Member
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    3789

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I love it when someone tries to pull off that move on me. A banana split does nothing thanks to my insane flexibility.

    You'll enjoy this, Anton; I have decided to go full athlete Paleo as of today. Breakfast this morning was 6 eggs (3 whole, 3 whites), 6 oz beef sausage, pineapple, and blueberries. I'll be eating potatoes post-training, which will be twice today (dynamic legs and core and then an evening sprint session). I'm still mending my damn broken hand, but this will help me to keep my weight down and keep the cardio high.
    oh dude when did you break your hand?? wasnt this a version of paleo that you were doing this whole time? or are you cutting out liquid carbs and keeping just the starches?

    ive been making this banging dinner. my supermarket now stocks ground bison ($8 per lb) so in a frying pan with butter I dump the whole pound and break it all up. stir and season until all meat is cooked, then i add a whole avocado all cut up into pieces. after that break 3-4 eggs and keep stirring until everything is cooked. add a little garlic and its super awesome. perfect no carb meal.
    BJJ = life
  7. Senior Member
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    3789

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    you can probably go straight to twister from there, right?
    BJJ = life
  8. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,047
    Rep Power
    919684

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    oh dude when did you break your hand?? wasnt this a version of paleo that you were doing this whole time? or are you cutting out liquid carbs and keeping just the starches?

    ive been making this banging dinner. my supermarket now stocks ground bison ($8 per lb) so in a frying pan with butter I dump the whole pound and break it all up. stir and season until all meat is cooked, then i add a whole avocado all cut up into pieces. after that break 3-4 eggs and keep stirring until everything is cooked. add a little garlic and its super awesome. perfect no carb meal.
    I broke it about 2 weeks ago during a sparring session. Basically, I'm cutting out the Basmati rice for now and eating 2-3 servings of fruit in the morning and mid-day. I will probably use the WMS only as needed after my long sessions that combine conditioning and lifting. Otherwise, I'll just stick to using red potatoes and some fruit as my post-training carbs.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  9. Senior Member
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    3789

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I broke it about 2 weeks ago during a sparring session. Basically, I'm cutting out the Basmati rice for now and eating 2-3 servings of fruit in the morning and mid-day. I will probably use the WMS only as needed after my long sessions that combine conditioning and lifting. Otherwise, I'll just stick to using red potatoes and some fruit as my post-training carbs.
    awesome plan bro. ive been shying away from too much fruit lately. i get such a fructose rush from some fruit (strawberries) it feels like i just ate a piece of cake. this fruit we buy is too GMO, i feel like its got too much sugar. many Paleo advocates have written the same thing. vegetables are a much safer bet, barely anything on GI scale..

    speaking of which, I recently read somewhere that steady low blood sugar leads to higher GH production. not sure the source but worth looking into
    BJJ = life
  10. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,047
    Rep Power
    919684

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    awesome plan bro. ive been shying away from too much fruit lately. i get such a fructose rush from some fruit (strawberries) it feels like i just ate a piece of cake. this fruit we buy is too GMO, i feel like its got too much sugar. many Paleo advocates have written the same thing. vegetables are a much safer bet, barely anything on GI scale..

    speaking of which, I recently read somewhere that steady low blood sugar leads to higher GH production. not sure the source but worth looking into
    Eh, GI is such a flawed scale, especially while eating Paleo where there is always a healthy amount of fat and fiber in each meal.

    Low blood-glucose can lead to a higher level of GH because insulin blunts GH. This is one of the reasons that a lower carb lifestyle tends to lean itself to having a more desirable body composition.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  11. Senior Member
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    3789

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Eh, GI is such a flawed scale, especially while eating Paleo where there is always a healthy amount of fat and fiber in each meal.

    Low blood-glucose can lead to a higher level of GH because insulin blunts GH. This is one of the reasons that a lower carb lifestyle tends to lean itself to having a more desirable body composition.
    yeah GI is subjective. when i ingest a ton of fructose though, I get almost like a flush from it. some fruit more than others.

    so higher GH? so good insulin regulation and higher GH, were are just winning everywhere

    (charlie sheen reference, not sure if you seen the interviews yet)
    BJJ = life
  12. Senior Member
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    3789

    Reputation

    3/7

    great Gi session. had a battle with this 330lb dude. started from the knees and i didnt wanna him smothering me, so i just dug my head into his chin/ear for good 3 minutes which really pissed him off lol he ended up getting side control for a quick second but then i took his back and would have Gi choked him but time ran out. big guys like that could be a pain in the a$$. they are impossible to triangle and I think i crushed one of my nuts trying to armbar him.

    really banged up one of my toes. the mat is a wrestling mat designed for shoes so its very sticky. when you go barefoot sometimes one of your toes gets stuck to it.

    my school is having a tournament April 2nd!!! there is also NY invitational in mid April, so Im going full blast training up to 7 days a week now. sundays are my weightlifting days but since my technique is a little rusty from missing a few weeks, i might get even more grappling in on sundays. maybe ill stick with lifting sundays, my squat seemed to be getting heavier and heavier so i wanna keep going.

    wrestling + no gi tonight!! gonna tape the bejesus out of this toe hoping it wont bother me
    BJJ = life
  13. Elite Member
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,720
    Rep Power
    135804

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Come on be a man and chop that toe off! You have like 9 other toes....

  14. Advanced Member
    bluehealer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    997
    Rep Power
    3529

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    This must be the NJ open invitational.
  15. Senior Member
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    3789

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    Come on be a man and chop that toe off! You have like 9 other toes....
    i would but its the one next to my big toe! it would just look funny
    BJJ = life
  16. Senior Member
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    3789

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post
    This must be the NJ open invitational.
    when people talk about jiujitsu that it looks gay or whatever, im gonna show them this picture
    BJJ = life
  17. Elite Member
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,720
    Rep Power
    135804

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    i would but its the one next to my big toe! it would just look funny
    Lol damn pretty boy!

  18. Advanced Member
    bluehealer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    997
    Rep Power
    3529

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    when people talk about jiujitsu that it looks gay or whatever, im gonna show them this picture
    Or you could just whip their a$$.
  19. Senior Member
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    3789

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post
    Or you could just whip their a$$.
    hahaha trust me ive had plenty of friends and other people try to drunk wrestle me or talk some other $hit with very unsuccessful results
    BJJ = life
  20. Senior Member
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    3789

    Reputation

    soo not too much has been happening. training 6 days a week trying to get back in shape after the impetigo outbreak and getting that weird flu. lung capacity was affected the most by the flu. all last week i was sucking major wind barely able to finish a round. yesterday we rolled for 30 minutes and i was still pretty fresh at the end. im back b!tches!

    were hosting an in house tournament on april 14th i believe. JudoJosh should come show his moves.

    still training with that broken toe. ive been just taping it to the next toe but its still a pain especially during wrestling, sometimes it gets stepped on.

    one of my friends was having a bad day yesterday so i got him to come to training. he is super out of shape so the workout wooped his a$$ and he left the gym feeling much better about his issues. taking a day off from training tonight, gonna burn one down and go to bed at 10pm.
    BJJ = life
  21. Pro Virili Parte
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,873
    Rep Power
    2252999

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    soo not too much has been happening. training 6 days a week trying to get back in shape after the impetigo outbreak and getting that weird flu. lung capacity was affected the most by the flu. all last week i was sucking major wind barely able to finish a round. yesterday we rolled for 30 minutes and i was still pretty fresh at the end. im back b!tches!

    were hosting an in house tournament on april 14th i believe. JudoJosh should come show his moves.

    still training with that broken toe. ive been just taping it to the next toe but its still a pain especially during wrestling, sometimes it gets stepped on.

    one of my friends was having a bad day yesterday so i got him to come to training. he is super out of shape so the workout wooped his a$$ and he left the gym feeling much better about his issues. taking a day off from training tonight, gonna burn one down and go to bed at 10pm.
    I will come get beat up! Just message me the address. I will get gassed in 90 secs prolly but eh I will still come. Its more about the fun of the sport for me than it is about the competition or need to win.

    I havent been to BJJ since my daughter was born part of it has been due to the lack of sleep and the other part is I have been slacking. I am looking to start back up next week.. hopefully

    Get that friend to start going with you. Exercise is one of the best forms of medication next to sleeping and fasting. Especially when it comes to stress.. when your in the gym nothing really matters just moving that weight. I tried to tell one of my friends this when he was having girl problems but he wouldnt believe me

    Oh and did I tell you Hassest is doing another in house tournament?
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  22. Senior Member
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    3789

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    I will come get beat up! Just message me the address. I will get gassed in 90 secs prolly but eh I will still come. Its more about the fun of the sport for me than it is about the competition or need to win.

    I havent been to BJJ since my daughter was born part of it has been due to the lack of sleep and the other part is I have been slacking. I am looking to start back up next week.. hopefully

    Get that friend to start going with you. Exercise is one of the best forms of medication next to sleeping and fasting. Especially when it comes to stress.. when your in the gym nothing really matters just moving that weight. I tried to tell one of my friends this when he was having girl problems but he wouldnt believe me

    Oh and did I tell you Hassest is doing another in house tournament?
    he is gonna try to start coming regularly. just needs to get his money situated. dude is a force. 6'3 mid 200s, super strong and quick hands. if he drops like 30 pounds im gonna hire him as my bodyguard.

    funny thing about hassets. keep this between me and you in case you go over there. my teacher asked us to not do his tournaments for awhile because hasset has been talking sh!t about brazilians taking his money/stealing his students or whatever. so my teacher said if they all show up to our tournament then he will start going there again. they are such small tournaments anyway, if im gonna sit around all day waiting for 1 match i might as well do it at a bigger tourney.
    BJJ = life
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Weight Lifting/ Diet Recommendations.
    By Carlos305 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-02-2010, 07:28 PM
  2. Lifting saved my life
    By Rommel65 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-11-2010, 09:19 AM
  3. Power lifting diet
    By machine528 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-07-2008, 07:05 PM
  4. Krav Magna, Lifting, Diet
    By keater824 in forum MMA
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-21-2007, 12:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in