Keithan: HST Rage in Iraq (epic skullcrushing smashface results to ensue)

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Edit: Photos the day before starting this :p Take it easy on me! I though I look too serious and not muscly enough to be so serious in one so I modified it a bit :D

Edit: Changed the title to reflect my new mood, as well as the type of log it is (HST) The title will evolve, for example, it may be "Love is in the Air" if that's how I feel, considering my current situation with work, I like the new title. Changed my opening paragraph a little too, gotta keep you guys hooked eh?

Hey Everyone!

This is my first Log ever and technically an official intro post I suppose!

About Me: I volunteered to come to Iraq to do personnel recovery. I thought I would be outside the gate every day doing my thing talking to locals and such (I am a human intel collector) but after getting here I got stuck in a desk job (headquarters intel analyst) while it looks good on a resume, being an intel analyst for all of iraq and working for a general, it really sucks balls and I spend most of my time watching movies and surfing the web. I have been here since 01JAN10, and have had 0 days off so far. Working 12 hr/7 day shift. Looking forward to my first day off, which willl be the day I go home :p Want to get ripped to be big n huge and make pea gravel with my pecs, basic dream of any body builder right? Really I want to hit 200 or so by August. I am trying to extend my tour right now partially to get more quality free food/gym time in, partially to get home as close to christmas as I can. This is my story:p

I am totally new to this whole smart body buildnig thing, so please critique the crap out of everything I write in here and give me pointers whenever you feel like, or just call me a dipsh** if you want :p

Heres the pics! These are all totally cold

My Frontside, notice the effort I am using to flex.

My Back. Trying to get rid of that backne, Sweaty all the time sucks though.

Legs

Bis, and a good shot of my mustache, goatee, chops, gray hairs and new shark tattoo.

My side/abs/arm/face? I dunno, good angle, you can see my emerging 6pack :D

Last edited:
votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Diet

OK. Chow Hall in Iraq sucks. anyone who's been there agrees. Its cool for the first few days, but it wears off quick. I work Midnight to noon, so my diets semi wonky. Wonky is a great word by the way! Here it is:

Meal 1 (2300):
-Healthiest protein I can get, usually chicken, sometimes it has to be a salisbury steak, rarely it is a lobster tail
-Helping of cooked veggies, sometimes mixed, sometimes broccoli, sometimes green beans
-Either mashed potatoes or rice. rice more often
-helping of fresh veggies, sometimes cucumber, sometimes tomatoe
-2x v8
-1x milk, sometimes full cream, sometimes banana falvored (good!)

Meal 2 (0500):
-Whatever I eat for meal 1 I get a to-go plate that matches it. I work out at 0230 or 0300 then get back and eat.
-2 scoops nutrapro frosty chocolate

Meal 3 (0730):
-Breakfast
-3 hard boiled eggs, whites only (is yolk good for you?)
-Bowl of oatmeal with apples in it
-scoop of mixed fruit or pineapple with cottage cheese
-1 or 2 v8

Meal 4 (1200):
-Pretty much Identical to meal 1 and 2

I snack on beernuts brand almonds throughout the day (all I can get)

If you guys have tips for me go for it :p Goal here is to be healthy and bulk up to a ripped 200 by August.

Keep in mind choices are not great, and cooking is not possible. I am also taking it easy on the protein shakes because I may go to school when I get home and don't want to be spending tons of money on protein. I spend enough on supps lol.

Supplements:

ASGT
NutraPro
Formadrol
HGHPro

I'm on these 4 right now. Will continue taking ASGT and NutrPro when the HGHPro and Formadrol run out. Don't fully know how Supps work, how much rest do I need, and what is recommended to run after those?

Order hasn't shipped yet, but once it does I will be adding these:

Adam Multi
NP Creatine Mono added to protein shake
Super Cissus RX

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
4-day Split Plan

Day 1: Chest/Abs
Day 2: Back/Shoulders/Abs
Day 3: Bi/Tri/Abs
Day 4: Legs/Abs
Day 5: Rest 1 day or start over

I am an abs whore so I will do them every day. It mostly consists of maybe 200 situps or so, split between my excersises as I see fit. Additionals are put wherever.

Again, I am a newb so tear me up if necessary :D

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Day 1!!!!

Took my HGHPro last night, slept like a baby.
took some formadrol once I got to work
Took some Anadraulic State GT. It made me pee 3 times in an hour before I went to the Gym, and once at the Gym. I pushed more weight than I normally do, and didn't feel any more focused than normal. But maybe it just takes a day or two. I took 2 scoops too.

OK heres the meat:

Chest / abs day

Warm Up: BP - 45x10, 65x10, 95x10, 115x10

DB Press:
50x6, 50x5, 40x8 (failure)

Incline DB Press:
30x7, 30x8, 30x4 (failure)

Bench Press:
135x5, 125x8, 125x6, 115x7 (failure)

DB Fly: wide as I can, I angle the end of the dbs so they face up in down pos.
25x8, 25x8, 25x6 (failure)

Cable Crossover: not sure if this is great for chest
50x5 (too much lol) 40x7, 40x10

Machine Fly: did this last and I was busted
50x8, 50x6, 30x10

Abs: I was lazy today for abs
50x situps

HIIT: I love the row.
2000M Row, 9:50.2 I did 500M heavy, 500M light, repeated. My 500M speed splits were 2:02 and 2:00

And Pushups to failure: sadness
0x regular pushups 3x from my knees

This workout kicked the crap out of me. Not sure if I hit it too hard, but some weights were too heavy I think. All final sets are to failure. What do you guys think?

Edit: This is my first time in years doing benchpress. I am very weak doing it, even though I should probably be able to do more. I think my max is around 150 or 160, but I workout alone so I am not sure what my max is.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Cmon guys I know I am not perfect or even close to it, there's got to be some input!

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
4/26

Day 2!

I slept well again last night, the HGHPro really works well :p

I took 3 scoops of ASGT today 1 hour before working out, and my stomach was killing me in the gym. Really think I am doing it wrong or something =x Might drop to 1 scoop in 20oz of water to see if that makes it any better o_O

Energy was fine, I had some rage to work out so I hit it fairly hard. First time ever doing the dead lift, I like it but I need some gloves =x Supersetted the first 4 excercises, then started getting beat. Thinking about switching to an every other day full body (work 7 days a week for a year so "weekends" dont exist lol) for a month or two. Don't feel strong enough to keep doing a split routine / not smart enough yet

Lowdown:

Warmup: Deadlifts 100ish x10

Deadlift: superset this with db curls
155lbs 4x8

DB Curl:
35lbs 4x8

Wide-grip pull up: superset with seated row
3x6, 1x5

Seated Row:
110lbs 4x10

Hammer Curls: did these last
35lbs 1x6 (too much) 30lbs 3x8

Again, abs workout, did some of the stand up and twist back and forth with 15lb dbs in hand, bunch of situps, bunch of incline situps, I take 3 breaths on my negative during situps, and some reverse situps for my lower back

And last, 2000M row, under 10min

I seem to have stopped gaining weight, sitting at 175 right now. I am eating, I should probably eat more, but I am thinking its because my W/Os don't make terrible sense =x Like I said above, think I may swap to a Full Body deal for a bit. Waiting for feedback :p

permanabol

Awards
1st eat the yolks I'm no diet master but eat them they raise test
2nd brown rice and yams(sweet potatoes) are best better over mashed wich is Hi Gi.
3rd drop one of the bench's don't need to do both if you get to pushups and can't do one your doing to much would drop the pushups and one of the benches db or flat keep incline though
4th flat flies or machine flies not both again same thing pretty much. dips are also great for chest.
5th put shoulders on a seperate day back would kill you and then you would have to hit shoulders
just saw your not gunna do the full body split look up HST for fullbody workout or do(my personal fav split)
chest tri; back bi; legs shoulders

best of luck (oh and no matter what do squats and deadlifts!)
peace

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
4/27

Not to the workout yet, its still midnight :p but some cool updates regardless!

I wanted to go semi-light on the supplement wagon for my first real go at the bb stuff, so I threw in some formadrol. Taking 3 caps a day, I am definately noticing an increase in agression, which may not be such a good thing :p

Story: I volunteered to deploy to Iraq with 3 other guys, two of which are total douches. All of which out-rank me =x I've worked 12 hour days for 130 days now 0 days off, understandably I am late every once and awhile. So Larry (highest ranking guy who came, e7) comes to my office yesterday to tell me I cam getting sent home early, I am not happy about it for multiple reasons, like money/gi bill smaller/enjoy being in iraq, etc. and he tells me to go to some school when I get home instead. I say no, it doesn't fit in with my plans right away, more important things to do (like not be living in a storage unit) He proceeds to yell at me for having a crappy attitude, being a crappy soldier, etc. I proceed to yell back at him for being a crappy leader and a crappy human being. He is stubborn and dumb, so dosen't back down, and I am pissed beyond imagination so I don't back down. End of line, he walked away. Now I felt like crushing a terrorist's skull with my bare hands, but I just went to bed instead. Don't know how good it is for my career, but the formadrol is working LMAO.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Oh and, supplement review for the other day:

HGH - I slept very good tonight, I work nights, and they do all weapon testing/all the bombs go off during the evening, when I am trying to sleep, so when I wake up its probably because of those things. I don't remember waking until my alaram went off. Lower back hurt like hell, but that's because first time doing DL ever was the day before and probably because my bed is crap, so no worries lol. little groggy when I opened my eyes, but soon as I stood up I was ready to go. Still only a few days in though, dont think im getting the full effect yet.

Anadraulic State GT: Mixed this up yesterday, used 3 scoops because I didn't feel anything the first time. I didn't pee much, but my stomach hurt like hell, almost didn't want to stay in the gym, but there were some hotties so I had too.fairly sure I put too much in. Experimenting on the mixing style now because it dosn't seem to shake well in a bottle, going to just stir in a cup tonight.

S****etti and chicken breast for dinner, piece of garlic bread, 2 v8s, scoop of sliced cucumber, and a cup of iced coffee. Took a togo plate with a chicken breast and some white rice and sliced tomatoes for after working out. Brown rice is not an option very often :(

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
When were you there? I honestly think they have been severely downgraded :( so KBR can make more money. Also, WHAT ABOUT MY ROUTINE :p
I wandered around northern iraq 07-08. Every single dfac beats the **** out of any one i've been to in afghanistan lol.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
I'm in the same situation as you bud. I work 12 hour shift night ops here in afghanistan and it sucks ass. I haven't had a real day off since i got here in december either haha... Luckly it settles down and i can go to the gym after mid night chow.

I see that you say you want to get riped. I assume you also, probably. want to get size. It really depends on your body type and metabolism but i would drop the cardio for a while until you get closer to going home, and i would focus on gaining the mass. That being said, I wouldn't go 4 days on 1 day off. Also i would combine your arms day into your chest and back days. The LESS you work out(and focus on eating) the MORE you're going to grow.

Note* i read your day 2 and saw you did two different curls on your "back" day. Do you still plan on doing arms on day 3? Really at this pace you're going to run the risk of over training. Wide grip pull downs are good, but i would make sure you get some sort of Row exercise in besides the cardio row machine.

Also, since you're new to deadlifts be careful and practice good form. I know we're fobbits but it sucks to wear gear with a sore lower back lol.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
I'm in the same situation as you bud. I work 12 hour shift night ops here in afghanistan and it sucks ass. I haven't had a real day off since i got here in december either haha... Luckly it settles down and i can go to the gym after mid night chow.

I see that you say you want to get riped. I assume you also, probably. want to get size. It really depends on your body type and metabolism but i would drop the cardio for a while until you get closer to going home, and i would focus on gaining the mass. That being said, I wouldn't go 4 days on 1 day off. Also i would combine your arms day into your chest and back days. The LESS you work out(and focus on eating) the MORE you're going to grow.

Note* i read your day 2 and saw you did two different curls on your "back" day. Do you still plan on doing arms on day 3? Really at this pace you're going to run the risk of over training. Wide grip pull downs are good, but i would make sure you get some sort of Row exercise in besides the cardio row machine.

Also, since you're new to deadlifts be careful and practice good form. I know we're fobbits but it sucks to wear gear with a sore lower back lol.
I'm moving over to an HST Routine, I am heading to the gym here in 15 minutes andI need to go to my throne room for a few mins so won't post the routine yet :p I'm still in my experimenting phase, I started off last month just smokeing whatever didn't hurt, and taking a day off when everything hurt, then found this site (when looking for reviews on the crap supps we have in the PX LOL) and switched to a semi-edcated 2 day split, then moved to a 3 day split, then 4 day split, now HST looks good so I am going to give it a shot.

I'm not positive on my body type, but I wrestled in HS at 119, was 135 in boot camp and artillery school, then I got married and all of a sudden I was 170 and a bit chunky, didnt work out much, except for a month before the pt test. Now I am divorced and lost some weight, was hovering about 150-160 depending on how often I worked out. I have definately grown noticably since I started being serious roughly a month ago, and my weight has doubled for all excercises since i started too, from DB/bb weight to cable weights. Never did bench/squat/dl though, so they didnt double in one month, LOL. I'd say 60/40 ecto/meso maybe? Meh, gotta roll out, ill post what I did when I get back!

permanabol

Awards
Glad to see your doing hst i'll be following your results. and yeah drop the cardio

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
4/27

OK. I love HST. I love ASGT.

HGHPro: Slept good, not going to keep updating this one because there are tons of logs with it, unless I notice something spectacular, like waking up humping my bed or something. Crazy dreams would also go here.

ASGT: OK, I felt it today. I thought my 15RM for Bench would be around 100 pounds or so, I kept moving it up by 5 pounds and doing 15 reps like it was nothing. Bench has been weak for me forever, so this was a surprise. I also had bigger pumps than ever before, and normally my veins only pop out when I am destroying my bis, but they were out in force today. I am starting to like this stuff. Tomorrow I think I will put 2 scoops in a juice box of pineapple juice and just pound the blob it makes because it does taste horrid =x I also noticed that despite going very near failure on every excercise today, I walked to the next spot and dug right in. Good example is after doing like 60 reps on the bench I did 15 chinups. Normally I'd be too smoked for that.

Formadrol: Took my 2 caps right after breakfast this morning, which was sp h a ghetti and a chicken breast with some cucumbers and v8. Will take another in 6 hours or so.

Nutrapro: delicious.

Eating a chicken breast with some white rice and soy sauce right now. Breakfast of oatmeal and boiled eggs in 3 hours.

Workout!:

OK. HST seems rad. I did my 15RM finding today, and I am happy with the tempo of the workout, as well as how my body feels afterwards. I was slightly sore going into the gym, in my shoulders and lower back, but I feel like I got accurate RMs. I can always change it when I get to that point anyway though.

Flat Bench 15RM: 135lbs
Dips 15RM: Body Weight
Chin-ups 15RM: Body Weight
Bent-over rows 15RM: 90lbs
Military press 15RM: 65lbs (felt like I could do more but pulling the bar off the rack sucked cuz my shoulders were sore lol)
BB Curl 15RM: 50lbs (this one may be higher, well see)
Tri-extension 15RM: 45lbs
Squat 15RM: 110lbs (yuck, I know this one is higher, but I was focusing on form very hard)
Deadlift 15RM: 135lbs
Calf Raise 15RM: 50lb DB
Shrug 15RM: 90lbs

Like I said up above, I was surprised that my Bench max was so high, I started a lot lower and ended up doing like 4 sets, I did 135 like 8 times or something so did random made up math and decided I could do it 15 times fresh easily. But because of that some excercises, particulary bb curl, might have been a little low =x

For bo row, squat, and shrug I used the powersquat? machine =x I don't know what its called, the squat rack where the bar is attached to a slide and you rotate it out of the hooks. I think tomorrow I will use it for the military press also, I can situate a bench under it better than with a free bar, and I was wondering it it is ok to use one of those for deads or am I better off using a free bar, I'm fairly sure you'll tell me to shutup and use the free bar though :p

Oh, that HST routine will be split into 6 days, upper lower upper lower upper lower rest repeat. I am thinking of doing two sets of the upper bodies and 3 sets of the lower bodies, what do you guys think? Should I just stay with one set? Tomorrow is 10RM and then 5RM next day, then a couple days off and I start $$

permanabol

Awards
Never use the smith(thats the thing on the track). do everything free weight you can **** yourself up in the smith with squats and bench + the bar is only 15 pounds or so.... and from what i remember hst was a full body 1 day thing
http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/hst_II.html
and your deadlift should shoot up once you start!

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Never use the smith(thats the thing on the track). do everything free weight you can **** yourself up in the smith with squats and bench + the bar is only 15 pounds or so.... and from what i remember hst was a full body 1 day thing
http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/hst_II.html
and your deadlift should shoot up once you start!

Ah ok :) Yeah the bar is 20 pounds on that thing. Yesterday was first and last time ill use it for squats :p Its ok to use it for bent over rows and shrugs though right?

Yeah, I found the routine im using here, some guy named Sfearl1 recommended it. Somewhere in the HST vanilla thing it says to do 2 sets, and if I split the upper/lower I can work out every day, and not be in the gym for 2 hours lol. Gym is my only time to detox from work (0 days off in 130+) so I like going every day, and I know id start dying if I did the full routine every day, or should i? :head:

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Theres pics on the first post now guys for the before :D

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your in decent shape, you should do well.. glad you're getting good rest, it is such a key factor down the road.

Mr Aestheticz

Mr Aestheticz

Awards
  • Established
THANKS FOR THE SERVICE YOU AND THE OTHER ARE SACRIFICING FOR US....IN FOR THIS RIDE!!!

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Your in decent shape, you should do well.. glad you're getting good rest, it is such a key factor down the road.
Thanks Mate :) The HGH makes me sleep straight through the night, but I still wake up and am a little tired, I am fairly sure it's because I haven't had a day off forever, and My body is suck of it, I know my mind is :D

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
WOOHOOOOOOO another day living the dream!!!!

Had to get mah food to go today because I slept for a few extra minutes, so I am sitting here at work eating a dry crappy ass chicken breast with some white rice, peahes and gatorade. Yum =x

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
In, can finally see the face of muscletech :lmao:

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
4/28

ASGT: This is a douche moment for me. I figured the bottles of water I have been drinking were like 20oz, but turns out they are 1liter bottles, so not only have I been drinking like 2 gallons of water every day (and subsequently wondering why I've been peeing alot) but I've also been mixing all my supps with double or more water than I should have, no wonder my stomach has felt crappy lol, I've been drinking 20+oz with ASGT. Put two scoops in 8oz (for real) of some nectar juice stuff, very thick, will just use water tomorrow, but it went down easier, and I felt it pretty quick, and actually noticed it all workout today :p Must have been so diluted before that all that happened was I got bloated.

Anyways, here are the excercises for today:

10RM on everything, 1 set

Military Press: 95lbs
Squat: 185lbs
Calf Raise: 450lbs
Flat Bench: 155lbs
B.O. Row: 100lbs
chinups: 10
Tri-Extension: 55lbs
Deadlift: 155lbs
BB Curl: 40+bar (assuming the bar is 20?)
Shrug: 140lbs
Abs: just did a bunch of situps

Was pretty sore going into it, the ASGT helped a bit. Honestly surprised how much I can bench. Not sure If I am actually going to do my 5RM tomorrow or just guesstimate it. Meh, might as well do it right? 5 reps aren't going to hurt me I suppose. Also, just curious, does anyone have anything they would add/remove from my routine here? It feels pretty good doing it, although my lower body does not seem like it's getting near the attention as I'm getting up top, should I add a leg press or just leave it as is?

so far today I've had 2 chicken breasts (working on ym third) and a couple helpings of rice, with 2 scoops nutrapro in some choco milk.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Hmm. Some thoughts:

1. normal HST is MWF, I was planning on splitting the legs and upper, and doing it 6 days straight alternating each, then one day off so I could always be in the gym (stress relief needs to occur more than every other day :D) Now I am thinking of changing it to the every other day, but doing a 4th day so I am in there every other day forever, is that weekend rest part of the HST or just because MWF is a normal schedule? These exercises feel good, but wondering on the scheduling. Really want to be in the gym every day, but also really want the HST to work like it is supposed to.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Supplements:

ASGT
NutraPro
Formadrol
HGHPro

I'm on these 4 right now. Will continue taking ASGT and NutrPro when the HGHPro and Formadrol run out. Don't fully know how Supps work, how much rest do I need, and what is recommended to run after those?

Order hasn't shipped yet, but once it does I will be adding these:

Adam Multi
NP Creatine Mono added to protein shake
Super Cissus RX
I guess no one really answered this for you so i will fill ya in. :)

ASGT- as long as you keep getting the "in the zone" feeling you should be fine. Depending on how often you work out, and how many scoops you take pre-wo will depends on how fast your body gets used to it. After it doesn't really kick anymore take 3-4 weeks break.

NutraPro- Never stop taking Whey if as long as you're working out

Formadrol- I wouldn't run more than 2 consecutive bottles with out about a month's break inbetween.

HGHPro- Plenty of Reps in here from AI but i believe if you're going to dose it OVER a month(more than one bottle) you should go with 5 days on 2 days off.

Creatine- Is debatable, depending on if you want to load it or just take roughly 5g a day and call it good. Depends on how your body responds to it too.

Cissus- Instructions on the bottle work great.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Hmm. Some thoughts:

1. normal HST is MWF, I was planning on splitting the legs and upper, and doing it 6 days straight alternating each, then one day off so I could always be in the gym (stress relief needs to occur more than every other day :D) Now I am thinking of changing it to the every other day, but doing a 4th day so I am in there every other day forever, is that weekend rest part of the HST or just because MWF is a normal schedule? These exercises feel good, but wondering on the scheduling. Really want to be in the gym every day, but also really want the HST to work like it is supposed to.
I'm there with ya, but intense training 6-7 days a week is pretty unsustainable. You can always just go **** around and do abs or get your cardio in and then grab a protein smoothy from green beans and just tell the guys you're at the gym.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
I'm there with ya, but intense training 6-7 days a week is pretty unsustainable. You can always just go **** around and do abs or get your cardio in and then grab a protein smoothy from green beans and just tell the guys you're at the gym.
I take that back. As long as you don't over do it in the gym a upper/lower body split can be done 6 days at week on HST.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
I take that back. As long as you don't over do it in the gym a upper/lower body split can be done 6 days at week on HST.
Green beans does make delicious coffe :D I can't do cardio, everyone forbid it while I'm bulking :D Abs sound good.

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
First I love deads :)
Second, could you do more rotator cuff, shoulder raises and what have you (it will up your bench and help deter injuries) My max bench was 390+ a year ago.
Third cardio is good for you try sprints instead of slow cardio (it will make you hungry and eat more.)
Last but not least I cant Fing wait to go to afgan and get some of that free food :)

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Second, could you do more rotator cuff, shoulder raises and what have you (it will up your bench and help deter injuries) My max bench was 390+ a year ago.
Third cardio is good for you try sprints instead of slow cardio (it will make you hungry and eat more.)
Last but not least I cant Fing wait to go to afgan and get some of that free food :)
I agree with you on every point except your last. As i sit here in afghanistan typing this, i guarantee you, you do not want to go to afghanistan.

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
I agree with you on every point except your last. As i sit here in afghanistan typing this, i guarantee you, you do not want to go to afghanistan.
Hes crazy lol, i believe he will enjoy it.

permanabol

Awards
I 100% agree I read somewhere in that fav excercise thing someone said if i had to do one excercise for the rest of my life it would be deadlifts.... I'm right there with him!:1244:

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
I agree on the deads thing. They are quit nice, although I was doing my 5RM today for the cycle, and was mad that I could only do 175lbs one time. It wasn't because I couldn't hold lift the weight, it was because my fingers felt like they'd detach from my hands if I tried again. If the bar was attached to my wrists I could do a lot more lol. Meh. I guess more powerful grip will come with time. I'll use my little forearm grip squeeze thing more often i guess lmao.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
4/29

Boring day today lol.

HGHPro: Shoulders/Lower back have been sore as hell for a few days. Wasn't sore at all when I woke up, + slept like a baby through a rainstorm.

ASGT: God this stuff tastes horrible.

5RM max today. Yeehaw

Flat Bench: 165
B.O. Row: 130
Chinup: 5
Tri-extension: 70
Squat: 195
BB Curl: 50+bar
Deadlift: 180
Military Press: 110
Shrug: 180
Calf Raise: 530
Abs: I did 10 situps, then 10 situps leaning on my right, then left, until I couldn't do it anymore, no rest, I suck at counting high, think I did 90 total.

Was a boring day. Wasn't nearly as sore today. Going to take a 3 day rest at least, need to decide If I am going to split legs/upper and do 6 days or do full-body every other day. It'd be an easy decision if I worked out on my time, but since I work out during work hours its a little tougher lol, won't get more sleep with one or the other. Thinking Full body might be better for the body though since I am fairly new ot this.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
do you 2 scoop the asgt?
Yeah and I want to throw up when I drink it lol. I can only pound half of it and then I have to rest lol. Going to mix with beer when I get back in the US :p No, but seriously it does taste horrible, but seems to be working good. I might try jacked next though.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Boring day today lol.

HGHPro: Shoulders/Lower back have been sore as hell for a few days. Wasn't sore at all when I woke up, + slept like a baby through a rainstorm.

ASGT: God this stuff tastes horrible.

5RM max today. Yeehaw

Flat Bench: 165
B.O. Row: 130
Chinup: 5
Tri-extension: 70
Squat: 195
BB Curl: 50+bar
Deadlift: 180
Military Press: 110
Shrug: 180
Calf Raise: 530
Abs: I did 10 situps, then 10 situps leaning on my right, then left, until I couldn't do it anymore, no rest, I suck at counting high, think I did 90 total.

Was a boring day. Wasn't nearly as sore today. Going to take a 3 day rest at least, need to decide If I am going to split legs/upper and do 6 days or do full-body every other day. It'd be an easy decision if I worked out on my time, but since I work out during work hours its a little tougher lol, won't get more sleep with one or the other. Thinking Full body might be better for the body though since I am fairly new ot this.
Glad you had a great sleep bro.:)

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
4/29

Lasagna and brocolli for dinner. Delicious. Going to nap a few hours here at work tonight. Slept well last night but not nearly enough, I have a 4 day pass coming where I will catch up on my sleep, can't wait :p Off day today, so bored =x Think I will give it til monday at least though before I start up again.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The thing I don't like about splitting HST up is you are going to forgo some of the conditioning benefits of full body workouts.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Really do need some forarm curls so you can hold onto the bar when you deadlift. I had that problem a few months back when i was lifting heavy deads. After a couple weeks of throwing in a few forarm exercises i was good to go with deadlifts.