Cutting, Strengthening, Bustin Ass(beginner style)

BB Ambitious

Awards
Welcome to my log!!

-Supplements-
Oats & Whey Protein

Alpha-T2

Leucine

Nutrapro Frosty Milk Chocolate

PowerFULL

1,3-dimethylamylamine (1 gram)

Dextrose (2 lb)

-The Diet-
-7 AM: Oats & Whey Protein(1 scoop) mixed with skim milk
-8 AM: Breakfast- 2-3 Eggs, 2 pieces of Whole Wheat Toast with peanut butter, a banana, full glass of water, once a week I'll have a pancake, small cup of yogurt
-10 AM: Some type of fruit
-11:30 AM: Lunch- 6-8 0z of either tuna, some form of lean beef, or chicken, 2 egg whites, salad with a lot of mixed veggies
-1 PM: Nutrapro+Leucine as pre workout+ 2 caps of powerful
-1:30 PM: Workout
-2:30 PM: Post workout- More Nutrapro+dextrose+2 bananas in shake, 1 piece of toast with peanut butter
-3:30 PM: Another fruit
-5-7(this is the time the cafe is open on campus) Dinner: Big Salad, 2 Eggs, Maybe some tuna.
-9ish Small bowl of yogurt
-Before Bed: 3 caps of powerful

The Training/Lifting
MON/WED/FRI- Rugby Practices, lots of sprinting, hardly any resting time except for water breaks.

Tues/Thurs/Sun- Following the book+Routine from here Build Muscle & Lose Fat Through Strength Training | StrongLifts.com

So it's

::A::
-Squat 5x5
-Bench 5x5
-Inverted Rows 3xF
-Push Ups 3xF
-Reverse Crunch 3x12

::B::
-Squat 5x5
-Overhead Press 5x5
-Deadlift it says to do 1x5 but I'm going to do either a 3x5 or 5x5
Pull Ups/Chin Ups 3xF
Prone Bridges 3x60 secs

Rotating the two every workout day.

And that's all people, I'll add in some numbers, I've just gotten all the supplements in, diets been strong for 2-3 weeks now, and I'm relatively new to lifting in a steady routine, I'll throw in some numbers once I get them, Thanks everyone.

BB Ambitious

Awards
Anyone have some feedback?

My problem areas are back, gut and hips so I think this lifting will help a lot, also I've read some about postworkout nutrition and there are many mixed thoughts, If I'm looking to lose weight should I just not add any dextrose? Or maybe even just have an oat protein shake for after and call it good?

Some feedback would be nice!! :D

permanabol

Awards
I always use some form of carb post workout but that inhibits GH (growth hormone) which is high in your body once done working out and sleeping. Some say carbs inhibit it and I read somewhere once that just a protein shake will inhibit it as well... if I were (if you quit losing weight) change out the dextrose for plain oll ground up oats (without the whey in it so you would need to go buy some more :) also how much have you lost so far in those 2-3 weeks

strester

strester

Awards
  • Established
If you're trying to lose weight, identify the amount of calories you need for maintenance, then slowly reduce the number of calories... I see you have a diet planned out, but do you know how many calories you are taking in? Do the math on that first and find out what you are consuming

You haven't specified what your goals are ... you provide supplements, diet, routine, and then "That's all..." ... why are you using the supplements you included? Is that diet right for losing weight or for bulking?

Personally, and I'm sure others will disagree, but I wouldn't spend the money on the dextrose ... no need for that at this point ... just my $.02

You have a lot of materials, but what's blueprint?

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you're trying to lose weight, identify the amount of calories you need for maintenance, then slowly reduce the number of calories... I see you have a diet planned out, but do you know how many calories you are taking in? Do the math on that first and find out what you are consuming

You haven't specified what your goals are ... you provide supplements, diet, routine, and then "That's all..." ... why are you using the supplements you included? Is that diet right for losing weight or for bulking?
Agreed.

What's your goals?

BB Ambitious

Awards

Personally, and I'm sure others will disagree, but I wouldn't spend the money on the dextrose ... no need for that at this point ... just my $.02

You have a lot of materials, but what's blueprint?
Wow I can't believe I left that out haha, and thanks for the reply.

I included the supplements because I thought they would aid in muscle building and restoration, I haven't used the dextrose, the Alpha-T2 is there to boost my metabolism and assist in cutting off additional "college fat".

My goals are to be stronger for the next upcoming rugby season, be more agile and faster, and drop 20 pounds if possible. I know spot reduction is not possible but my problem areas seem to be mostly my gut and around my hips+love handles, they just wont go away, so Im trying to just be patient and continue a decent diet, exercise, and weight training, so the whey proteins are there as a way to get more protein into my diet as its hard when I'm sitting in class most of the day, so I have a shake during a class instead.

Is there a website that is easy to use and figure out how many calories you're consuming? Again I have to modify a lot of things living on campus at my school.

Thanks again!

strester

strester

Awards
  • Established
For your goals I think you are good w/ the 5x5 and the explosiveness you'll get out of that routine for rugby

you can try the Diet Tracker right here at AM (see the menu at the top of the page) ... other places or Fitday.com and I'm sure there are others ... google is always a good place to look

if you're trying to lose weight and build strength, I would eliminate the dextrose altogether and spend that money on some creatine mono ... for your post workout meal have the Nutrapro+creatine and a small amount of complex carbs (if any), to hold you over until your next meal

good luck

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
SUBBED! AT2 is working great in my tummy/love handles which are my problem areas as well!

BB Ambitious

Awards
Diet is going very strong, Still going to rugby practices, also noticed I've gotten a better wind, not sure if it's just been the diet, other practices or lifting, maybe all 3??!?! Who knows.

I'm going to log exactly what I eat for the next 3 days to show you my typical college modification to trying to stick to a diet.

4/15/10:
8AM: Banana
9:30(Out of class): Cottage Cheese, Skim Milk, Apple, 2 egg whites, wheat toast+natty peanut butter.
About to hit lunch up now, let you know what I manage to find inside my schools dungeon haha.
11AM: Whey Protein Shake
1PM: Had some grilled chicken, cup of broc, brown rice, glass of scim milk
1:30PM: Gymmm
2:30PM: Shake
6:30PM: 1 small piece of thin crust cheese pizza, Cup of spinach, slice of pork(looked real good), some cucumbers, an apple, and scim milk
10PM:Added a fruit shake and came back to a small meal made by the girlfriend, I had to eat it to save face and enjoy my nightly activities :D, Anyway, 3 Buffalo wings, Some Wheat Pasta and some Meat Balls, The smoothie had, yogurt, 5 strawberries and 2 bananas, with some coconut.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Diet is going very strong, Still going to rugby practices, also noticed I've gotten a better wind, not sure if it's just been the diet, other practices or lifting, maybe all 3??!?! Who knows.

I'm going to log exactly what I eat for the next 3 days to show you my typical college modification to trying to stick to a diet.

4/15/10:
9:30(Out of class): Cottage Cheese, Skim Milk, Apple, 2 egg whites, wheat toast+natty peanut butter.
About to hit lunch up now, let you know what I manage to find inside my schools dungeon haha.
Lets see it!

BB Ambitious

Awards

4/15/10:
11AM: Whey Protein Shake
1PM: Had some grilled chicken, cup of broc, brown rice, glass of scim milk
1:30PM: Gymmm
2:30PM: Shake
6:30PM: 1 small piece of thin crust cheese pizza, Cup of spinach, slice of pork(looked real good), some cucumbers, an apple, and scim milk
Thats Day 1, not sure if I should have 1 more shake before bed?

strester

strester

Awards
  • Established
might not be a bad idea ... you have over 13hrs between your last meal @ 6:30pm and then your first meal the next day at 8:00am ... that's quite a large window of nothing being consumed

BB Ambitious

Awards
might not be a bad idea ... you have over 13hrs between your last meal @ 6:30pm and then your first meal the next day at 8:00am ... that's quite a large window of nothing being consumed
I did pick up a bunch of fruits, bananas, strawberries, some yogurt, mangos, coconut milk, pineapple. Would it be better to make a smoothie of all of this, around 9 or 10pm?

BB Ambitious

Awards
4/16/10-

7AM: 2 Alphas
8AM: An apple
9AM: Cinnamon roll(woops, they smelt so damn good though :sad6:) Some scrambled eggs, plain yogurt+oats+raisins, some corn beef hash.
11:45AM: Brown rice, cup of green beans+carrots, a little steak that was sautéed with some onions and peppers. Water.
2PM: 25G of Whey+skim milk
2:30: An apple
4PM: Oat Bar
about to head to dinner, i'll keep you posted.

BB Ambitious

Awards
Eyy people sorry for no updates in a while, our rugby team went on tour for spring break and I have been crazy busy with school, done classes in 2 weeks, then going to start back up.

Diet will stay clean until then, hard cardio(rugby practice) and gym whenever I can, I'll be back :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 24
delsolrob Anabolics 7
Supplements 13
Supplements 1
Weight Loss 9