28 Days Later: My Velocity Diet Log

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Background:
A little less than two years ago, I looked like this. After my back long-time back injuries finally told me it was time to “tap out,” I made the transition from mma training to strictly bench specialized power lifting. I still ate the same despite the large reduction in training time. So I got fat…

I was unhappy with all the weight I put on so I started up on the Anabolic Diet. This is me as of 2 weeks ago. I’ve gotten a little leaner since then. But nevertheless, I think this is still a good reference point:

I’ve had success with 2 week long PSMF diets in the past. Sure, it was unpleasant, but the results were well worth the suffering. So now, since I’m a glutton for punishment, I’ve decided to do a full-bore Velocity Diet: 28 days + 2 weeks of transition.

I recently had to take 9 months off from the gym due to an injury. Because of this, my training is also a high priority. Therefore, I have modified the original V-diet template to accommodate a more rigorous training program.

I will also be utilizing anavar as well as Primordial Performance’s 1-T transdermal to help keep my strength progressing as if I weren’t dieting so intensely. This will be my first cycle.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Let’s Begin:
I just finished a two day carb up (usually only do a 1 day). As I haven’t done so in awhile and won’t be doing so for a long time, I just ate whatever I wanted. It was nice, but not nearly as satisfying as I had imagined.

Stats:
Weight: 220 lbs
Body fat: 20ish?
Waste: 37 in. (at biggest point)
Arms (flexed, unpumped) :
L: 16 3/4 in.
R: 16 7/8 in.

Goals:
1. Significantly lower my bodyfat percentage
2. Improve strength at a similar rate as before I was dieting
3. Gain size on my arms (hey, a man can dream can't he)

Training:
Modified 5-3-1 (bench only): twice weekly
I’ve been following the 5-3-1 program for about 7 months now and am continuing to make progress. Have been using my 90% max and I add 5 lbs every month. My max is probably somewhere around 345 lbs based on what I am doing in training and what I have maxed out at in the past. I don’t really care to test it as I am not going to be in a comp anytime soon (if ever). On a side note, my shoulders haven’t felt this good in a long time.

In addition to the once a week 5-3-1 workouts, I have added an extra day of bench assistance. I recently added in 6 sets of speed bench and have seen an improvement in my bench numbers. Since I cannot squat or deadlift due to my back, I also train my legs on this day. I have reduced the volume for my leg training due to the recent addition of a plyometric program.

Plyometrics: twice weekly
I have been following Kelley Bagget’s Novice program from his Vertical Jump Bible for the past two weeks. I will continue to do so in the weeks ahead.

Yoga: 3-4 times a week
I hate yoga. But I still try to go to classes as often as I can. It is good for my body and as an added bonus, there are plenty of hot chicks in my classes. I have also found it has helped improve my concentration as well as my pain tolerance.

Diet: modified V-diet

Rest/Yoga only days: 1690 cals, 272g protein, 52g fat, 27g carbs, 20g fiber

Plyo/Yoga days: 1960 cals, 304g protein, 64g fat, 41g carbs, 30g fiber

Lifting days: 2192 cals, 279g protein, 31g fat, 160g carbs, 24g fiber

Gears:
Var @ 60mg for 6 weeks
1-T trans @ 4 pumps daily for 4 weeks
Proviron @ 50 mg for 6 weeks

Supps:
Cycle Support: twice daily (started two weeks ago)
Celery seed extract: as needed
Phenbut: as needed
Bacopa: 150 mg around bed time as needed
BCAA’s: as needed
Creatine Gluconate: 3g on training days (spread out into 3 doses)
Beta Alanine: 4g daily (spread into 2 doses)
ALCAR: 2g twice a day
PLCAR: 1g twice a day
Thermogum: as needed

Pre-wo:
P-slin- 300 mg (with oatmeal)
Geranamine: 20-30mg

Intra-workout:
200mg P-slin
50g waxy maize (or the equivalent in Gatorade when I run out)

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Day 1: It begins!

Stats:
(see above)

Diet:
1960 cals
304g protein
64g fat
41g carbs
30g dietary fiber

Notes: Cravings weren't too bad nor was hunger. I got pretty hypoglycemic at times. Going to have to get used to that.

Training

Plyometrics:
Slalom jump: 3 x 50 (jumps in both directs)
Star Jumps: 4 x 8 (pause before jump)
Power Skipping: 4 x 30 yrds
Side to Side box jump: 3 x 6
1-leg step-up jump: 3 x 8 (each leg)
Low squat ankle jump: 3 x 30

Yoga:
1 hour class; mild difficulty

Notes: I definately noticed a increase in performance during the plyos. I'm not sure whether it was the anabolics or not, but nevertheless it was nice. I was forced to take last Friday off do to some suprise work (I hate when my boss does this to me), so that may have played a role as well.

Gears:
Var: 60mg
Proviron: 50mg
1-T trans: 4 pumps

Notes:
The first thing I noticed was the euphoria from the 1-T. I was quite nice. It eventually faded only to return when I was at the gym. Thankfully, no aggression as I usually have a problem with this while using things like Prime, Form, icariin, etc.

Supps:
Cycle Support: 2 scoops
Beta Alanine: 4g spread into 2 doses
BCAA's: 15g + 5g Leucine (consumed pre and intra workout)
Bacopa: 150mg before bed

Notes:
The BCAA's were a life saver as were the ALCAR/PLCAR combo. The ALCAR worked immediately, but it to a little long to feel the effects of the PLCAR.

Mood: Euphoric at times, cranky at others (due to lack of cals)

Libido: I didn't notice too many physical effects in terms of libido, but my pyschological desire was ridiculous. During Yoga class one of the chicks that I like and who happened to be in front of me, wasn't wearing undies. OMFG, why?!?

Injuries: Rolled my ankle pretty bad on Sunday. Didn't get in the way of my training though. I have had a torn/sprained hamstring for the past 6 months. Just been ignoring in for the most part and will only notice it during yoga. Today, I found the adhesion/trigger point that is causing the problem. Upon applying pressure to it, I am able to stretch without pain. Will do some work on it in the days ahead; hopefully get it healed up.

Energy: Had plenty of energy at the gym, until the end of yoga class; then I crashed. The rest of the day wasn't too bad, had a few bouts of lethargy, but it was expected.

Random:
I was cramping a lot today despite drinking over a gal of fluids. Will increase water intake tomorrow.

I had aheadache in the morning. Thought it might be either a bp headache or from my sinuses. I will try some celery seed extract tomorrow if I get it again. If it doesn't go away after a high does, my sinuses are the likely culprit.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Day 2:

Stats:
Weight: 214lbs (-6)

Diet:
1690 cals
272g protein
52g fat
27g carbs
20g fiber

Notes: Today was my one of my low calorie days and I definately felt the difference. A lot more lethargy and a lot more hungy. Had some bad cravings but they were pretty easy to manage. Looking foward to my solid meal tomorrow. Will have either oatmeal or a baked sweet potatoe.

Training:
Rest

Gears:

Notes: Homemade liquid orals taste bad.

Supps:
Celery Seed extract: 150mg
Phenibut: 200mg before bed

Notes: Thinking about lowering the ALCAR to 1g twice a day. Am going to had this "Thyroid Energy" sh*t that I have lying around. It has about a gram of l-tryosine per serving. Should give me more energy but might also effect the bp.

Mood: more jittery than usual (ALCAR?), melancholy towards the end of the day with a few harsh mood swings. Could be the AAS, the low calories, or both.

Libido: maybe a little more than usual, hard to tell

Energy: quite low today, but that's to be expected given the lack of cals

Random:
Had a headache for most of the day. Started taking zertec and some extra celery seed extract to cover all bases. Hopefully, I can figure out what's causing it. I heard the too much ALCAR can cause a headache. Couldn't find any reliable info on it tho. Going to lower the dose anyways because of jitters, maybe it will help.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Day 3:

Stats:
214 lbs

Diet:
2192 cals
279g protein
31g fat
160g carbs
24g fiber

Training: Legs & Bench Assistence

Speed Bench:
215 x 3 x 3 (pause on chest w/explosive concentric)
215 x 3 x 3 (ballisitic)

Notes:
Ballistic felt okay, but the paused ones didn't have enough jiuce in them. Gonna drop it to 185 lbs next week instead of 195 like the ballistics.

Bottom-Up Pistol Squats:superset with BB Curls
bw x 10 (each leg)
bw x 10
bw x 10
bw+5lbs x 10

Notes:
I leaned foward on the way up instead of straightening my back as usual. Felt a deep burn in the lower part of the quads. Normally, I mostly feel it in my upper quads/hip-flexors which are already overdeveloped from my heavy squating days.

BB Curls:
65lbs x 15
75lbs x 10
75lbs x 8
75lbs x 7

1 + 1/4 preacher curls:
22.5 lbs x 8
22.5 lbs x 7 +1 forced rep
22.5 lbs x 7

Single Leg Press: (3 sec negative)
225 x 10
245 x 10
255 x 10
255 x 8-10? (forgot to record it in journal)

Pull-ups:
bw x 5
bw + 22.5 x 5
bw + 22.5 x 5

Notes:
I struggled on these, even though I did 27.5 x 5 last week. Maybe it was all the bicep work or maybe just over-reaching. Either way, I'm switching it to bw only rep work next week.

Plate Curl Tri-set: regular curls/hammer curls/wrist kick-backs
25 lbs x 10 / 10 / 10
25 lbs x 8 / 8 / 8
25 lbs x 8 / 8 / 8

Gears:

Notes: Noticing increased muscle fullness and vascularity is starting to pop. Nothing crazy yet; about on par with formestane. Pumps were sick in the gym, especially the biceps. Aggression was higher today after dosing the proviron

Supps:
ALCAR: 1g twice a day
Now Thyroid Energy: 2 caps twice a day
Creatine Gluconate: 1g, 3 times before workout
Celery Seed extract: 450mg
Phenibut: 200mg before bed

Pre-wo:
P-slin- 300 mg (with oatmeal)

Intra-workout:
200mg P-slin
50g waxy maize

Notes: Headaches were bp related and were alleviated by the high dose celery seed extract (300mg before wo, 150mg after ALCAR). Going to cut out the Thyroid Energy as the bp increase is not worth it. Will try half a piece of Thermogum tomorrow morning.

Mood: Much crankier today. Euphoria was there. Neither were overwhelming.

Energy: Lethargic between meals, feel better after eating. Completely spent after my workout.

Libido: Wow.

Random:
I'm holding a lot of water especially around my flanks. Neverending thrist; drank 2 gals today.

Pre-workout oatmeal wasn't nearly as good as I had imagined. Still tasty. Got full 3/4 of the way through the bowl. Normally, I wolf it down and want more. I might try to brave a 500g sweet potatoe next solid meal, but I fear I will not be able to get it all down.

There were a lot of f*ckers at the gym today working with the personal trainers. Normally, the time I go is dead. Had to switch the order of my routine b/c of the equipment I wanted to use was always occupied. Had to do a lot of waiting too. Not the end of the world but a little frustrating. Will maybe go earlier next time.

Also, there was this one chinese dude, who on every rep, found it necessary to grunt like a mentally handicaped gorilla. They weren't even manly grunts. Dude, that's 135lbs, you don't need to make that noise.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Day 4

Stats:
213 (-1)

Notes:
Waist and arms still the same. Water retention especially on the "luv handle" region is somewhat irritating. I got a good recommendation for an herbal AI that's found in Chinese Medicine. I'll try to grab some this weekend.

Not that anyone would ever want to know such a thing, but I had my first proper dump in like 3 days. I'm gonna laugh if I lost a lot of weight tomorrow.

Diet:
1690 cals
272g protein
52g fat
27g carbs
20g fiber

Notes:
Second low cal day...it sucked. Hunger was definately there as were the cravings. Both were managable tho.

Training:

Flow Yoga:
1 hr class; difficulty - retarded

Notes:
I did not think that they could make yoga suck any more than it already does; I was apparently very wrong.

Gears:

Notes:
I swear my nuts are shrinking but I doubt they actually are at this point.

Supps:
1/2 piece Thermogum
BCAA's: 10g with 5g leucine b4 yoga
Celery Seed Extract: 150mg
Gluccomon (sp?): a little over 3g

Mood: Euphoria early in the day. Bad anxiety later. Mostly due to stress at work, thermogum, caffiene (diet coke), and ALCAR.

Energy: Not too lethargic during the day but was dead after yoga.

Libido: proviron is kicking in big time

Random:
The gf is coming tomorrow. Proviron ftw!

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Day 5:

Stats:
211 (-2)

Diet:
1960 cals
304g protein
64g fat
41g carbs
30g dietary fiber

Notes:
I remember more and more each day, exactly how much this diet sucks. Only 23 days of suffering to go. Lolz.

Training:

Plyometrics:
Slalom jump: 3 x 50
Star Jumps: 4 x 8 (pause before jump)
Power Skipping: 4 x 30 yrds
Side to Side box jump: 3 x 6
1-leg step-up jump: 3 x 8 (each leg)
Low squat ankle jump: 3 x 30

Notes:
Was really tired for this. I was able to push myself thru it but I couldn't get the same power from my legs as I could on Monday. Probably the two day carb up prior to Monday's workout had something to do with this.

Gears

Notes:
Aggression up but still mild. Btw, 4 pumps of 1-T is a lot of sh*t to smear on yourself.

Supps:
1/2 piece Thermogum
BCAA's: 15g with 5g leucine b4/during plyos
Celery Seed Extract: 300mg
Glucomannan: a little over 3g <--------good for appetite suppression btw

Notes:
WTF happened to my stim tolerance.

Mood: general malaise

Energy: low

Libido: decent. gf should be here in about 1/2 hr. i will probably have to bang her which would be a good thing if I wasn't exhausted. Hey, but once she gets here and all those fun neurochemicals are released, I'm sure I'll change my tune.

Random:
http://people.ambrosiasw.com/~andrew/funny/bloodcyber.html

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Just as an opinion - I find it confusing when you record your weight changes as day-to-day rather than from the starting value. I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but it tripped me out for a minute.

Keep up the good work dude! 3 weeks to go!

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Just as an opinion - I find it confusing when you record your weight changes as day-to-day rather than from the starting value. I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but it tripped me out for a minute.
Cool man, that's good to know. I think total vs. daily weight loss might be easier to follow.

A day behind on the log; been spending time with the gf. With post up day 6 and 7 this evening.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Day 6

Stats:
211 lbs

Diet:
1756 cals
224g protein
24g fat
161g carbs
24g fiber

Notes:
Shopping with the gf took longer than expected (who would have guessed that, haha), so I missed one of my shakes. Going to make up the calories tomorrow instead.

I had a sweet potatoe as my pre-workout meal. Again it was not as satisfying as I had hoped.

Training: Bench 5-3-1

Bench:
125 x 5
155 x 5
185 x 5
215 x 3
249 x 3
279 x 4

Notes: Still making progress. Diet and "supplement" program a success so far.

Chins:
bw x 5
+ 6.6lbs x 5
+ 11lbs x 5
+ 22lbs x 5
+ 33lbs x 5

Notes: 5kg more than last week, but I'm down like 4kg so I don't think it's a PR.

Standing db press: 55lbs x 10

Notes: Strength went down on these big time. Last time, I got 15 reps on the first set. Second and third sets were about the same, but I had to use a lot more leg drive this time around.

I wish I could try these more. My numbers suck. Used to be able to do the 90's. Unfortunately they f*ck up my shoulders something serious; only can use them infrequently.

Superset:
db skull crushers:
27.6lbs x 20
33 lbs x 15
33 lbs x 15

ez-bar curls:
75 x 10

1-arm chest supported rows:
180 lbs x 15

Gears

Supps:

Pre-wo:
P-slin- 300 mg (with sweet taterl)
3g creatine gluconate

Intra-workout:
200mg P-slin
50g waxy maize

Mood: good

Energy: medium to low

Libido: Did lots of extra "cardio."

Injuries: Right shoulder is feeling loose and clicking a lot. I've torn the labrum on it before so I gotta be careful. The supraspinatus is impinged, inflammed, or something of the sorts. It hurts when I do the diagnostic test that the docs use. Should be fine once I stop doing the shoulder press next training cycle. For good measure, gonna add lying trap raises this Wednesday.

Random:
My girlfriend didn't know what steroids were so I gave her a mini lecture. Even busted out a clip of Bigger Stronger Faster. She also didn't know what sex hormones; guess they don't teach that kind of sh*t in schools in China.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Day 7: One week down, 3 more to go.

Stats:
210 lbs (-10)

Notes:
Weight loss is on the right track for one week. Unfortunately, there hasn't been any change to my waste/flanks but my stomach looks a lot tighter:

(pumped but unflexed)

Diet:
1974 cals
323g protein
58 g fat
31g carbs
22g fiber

Training:
Skipped yoga class in lieu of doing more cardio with gf.

Gears

Supps:
ALCAR: 1g
PLCAR: 1g
Phellodenrone bark: 3g
Bacopa: 150 mg pre-bed

Mood positive

Energy: Atm, quite high thanks to caffiene/nicotine. Had a few bouts of lethargy during the day.

Libido: good

Random:
I am getting hungry a lot more often and the cravings suck badly. I don't think I'll have a problem finishing up the diet; just wanted to complain.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Day 8

Stats:
211 lbs (+1lbs since yesterday; -8 lbs total)

Diet:
1960 cals
304g protein
64g fat
41g carbs
30g dietary fiber

Notes: Sooo hungry. Bad cravings.

Training:

Plyometrics:
1-leg ricochet jumps (low box) - 3 x 15
Standing broad jump - 3 x 6
1,2,3 jump - 3 sets of 4 jumps per leg <----I am terrible at this exercise
Rim jumps - 3 x 8
Altitude jumps (high) - 3 x 6
Jump squats (65lbs) - 3 x 12

Yoga
1 hr class; mild difficulty. Focused on scapular retraction and mid/low-traps to help the shoulders.

Gears

Supps:
ALCAR: 1g
BCAA's: 15g + 5g leucine --> before and during plyos
Phellodenrone bark: 3g near bed time

Mood: relaxed; mild euphoria after proviron

Libido: decent amount of desire but could care less due to lack of energy

Random:

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Day 9

Stats:
211 lbs

Diet:
1690 cals
272g protein
52g fat
27g carbs
20g fiber

Training:
rest

Gears

Supps:
Thermogum: 1/2 piece
PLCAR: 2g
Vinpocetine: 10mg
Phellodenrone bark: 3g near bed time
Phenibut: 300 mg pre-bed

Mood: With cravings and hunger all day, it's hard to be happy. Having a gf is helpful tho. The last time I did a v-diet, it was after a break-up. But I think that helped too though.

Libido: Increased interest in girls after proviron; minimal desire to have sex.

Random: These low calorie days are killing me. According to the calendar there are only 8 left. I have a left-over bottle of hoodia lying around and have enough to dose a gram on each of these remaining days. Combine with a crap-load of glucomannan and it should provide some decent appetite suppression.

Really looking foward to my sweet tater tomorrow as well as the workout that follows it. My wrist has been hurting the last couple days and I finally got it healed up. Just in time.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Day 10

Stats:
211 lbs

Notes: I am really starting to notice the changes in my body; especially in the gym. I am considering adding more cardio or something, but don't want to trade a lower bodyweight for decreased performance on my lifts.

Diet:
2049 cals
273g protein
160g carbs
22g fat

Notes: Sweet tater = incredible. I asked for a "jin" (500g) but what only got 427g instead. Had to add 13g of table sugar to up the carb content.

Training: Legs / Bench Assistence
Speed bench:
w/pause- 185 x 3 x 3
ballistic- 195 x 3 x 3

Superset 1:
bottom up pistol squats:
bw x 10
+5 x 10
+10 x 10
+15 x 8 <-----tweaked my knee on this set

bb curl:
75 x 10
85 x 6
85 x 6
95 x 8 <---- suprised me; had like 5 mins rest before it

Superset 2:
Single leg leg-press: (3-4 sec negative)
225 x 10
245 x 10
265 x 10
315 x 10 <--- more like 2-2.5 sec neg, ha ha

Notes: If I go too heavy on these it hurts my back. Maybe with the new form it will be ok. We'll see...

Concentration curls:
22.5 x 15
27.5 x 10
27.5 x 8

Notes: A 25lbs db would have been nice. Everything is in kg here.

Pull-ups: 50 total

Notes: I supersetted these with the exercises below. 5 sets of 10 it was not...lolz.

decline key press:
55 x 10
66 x 10
66 x 8

Notes: I felt like I needed to do some more tricep work. Been having trouble keeping my elbows tucked during my heavier sets on bench. Should have enough time to recover, but I'll if it helps or hurts for sure on Saturday. First time I did these btw, felt great.

Calf raises: (3 sec neg)
440 lbs x 10

incline trap raises:
6 x 10

Gears:
60mg var
50 mg proviron
4 pumps 1-T

Supps:
Beta Alanine: 2g
Phellodenrone bark: 2g near bed time
Phenibut: 200 mg pre-bed
Creatine gluconate: 1g gram morning and mid-morning

Pre-wo:
P-slin- 300 mg (with sweet tater)
1g creatine gluconate

Intra-workout:
200mg P-slin
50g waxy maize
2g beta alanine

Mood: positive

Energy: medium

Libido: up after the "vitamin p"

Injuries: Tweaked my knee during pistols. It hurt someting fierce; still finished the set tho, My right supraspinatis is F*CKED UP. Two more workouts with shoulder press, then I'm switching to something more shoulder friendly (floor-press methinks).

Cut down the dose of my anti-e (phellodendrone) and been taking some herbal anti-inflammatory sh*t. Also been rubbing this crazy topical medicine my martial arts instructor gave me. Seems to be helping.

Random:
Had an insane amount of energy in the gym. Also, when I did a little posing afterwards in the mirror, I was very impressed with how lean I was looking. Today definately made the past 9 days worth it for me. Only 18 more to go; keep charging...

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
I'm spent tonight. Keeping it short but sweet:

Day 11

Stats:
211 lbs

Diet:
1690 cals
272g protein
52g fat
27g carbs
20g fiber

Notes: Hungry. Very hungry.

Training:

Flow Yoga: moderate difficulty; 1 hr class

Notes: Endurance is improving a lot.

Cardio:
light; 20 min treadmill; kept pulse around 120-130

Gears:
60mg var
50 mg proviron
4 pumps 1-T

Supps:
Beta Alanine: 4g

Mood: dealing with constant hunger pangs not too good on the pysche; tried to keep it positive.

Libido: meh

Random: Upping the cardio, trying to drop some more bodyweight. Dropped the phellodendrone until joints improve.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Day 12

Stats:
210 lbs (-1 since yesterday, -10 total)

Diet:
1960 cals
304g protein
64g fat
41g carbs
30g dietary fiber

Training:

Plyometrics:
Standing broad jump - 3 x 6
1,2,3 jump - 3 sets of 4 jumps per leg
Rim jumps - 3 x 8
Altitude jumps (high) - 3 x 6
Jump squats (65lbs) - 3 x 12

Supps:
Thermogum: 1/2 piece x 2
Celery Seed Extract: 450 mg <--- for bp headaches
Phellodenrone bark: 2g near bed time
Wobenzym: 3 caps x 2 <----leftovers; good 4 the joints

Gears:
60mg var
50 mg proviron
4 pumps 1-T

Mood: cranky

Energy: very low

Libido: increased interest in chicks but no desire

Random: Today sucked more than usual. Hunger and lethargy.

I had a weird thought today. I was thnking about having a cheat meal at pizza hut when I am done dieting. It is a fancy resturant in these parts... Anyways, the first thought that crossed my mind was "I don't want to eat it because I will get fat." What a total mind-f*ck; never would have guessed that thought would ever pop into my head.

Btw, I'm adding the phellodendrone back because this sub-q water retention is driving me crazy.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Day 13

Stats:
210 lbs

Diet:
2192 cals
279g protein
31g fat
160g carbs
24g fiber

*Notes: OMFG, that bowl of oatmeal was good.

Training: 5-3-1 Bench

Bench:
125 x 5
155 x 5
185 x 5
235 x 5
265 x 3
295 x 3 :)

*Notes: After watching some powerlifting vids on youtube, I realized I needed to focus more on staying tight. I attribute the third rep to doing this. My form is far from perfect so will put more emphasis on it in the future.

Chin ups:
6.6 x 5
11 x 5
22 x 5
33 x 5
38.5 x 5 (PR)

*Notes: Wow. Steroids are great.

Standing Shoulder Press:
55 x 12

1-arm chest supported row:
198 x 19

Back Hypers:
bw x 15

*Notes: I decided to add these because the last two times I did the final set of bench, my low back hurt afterwards. Need to strengthen that area up for extra support. Btw, doing this before curls was a bad idea. Back pumps.

Superset:

db tri extensions:
33 x 20
38.5 x 12
38.5 x 10

ez-bar curls:
75 x 10

Gears:
60mg var
50 mg proviron
4 pumps 1-T

Supps:
Creatine gluconate: 1g taken twice before pre-wo supp
Celery Seed Extract: 450 mg
Phellodenrone bark: 1.5g near bed time
Wobenzym: 3 caps x 2

Pre-wo:
p-slin: 300mg (w/oats)
creatine gluconate: 1 g

Intra-wo:
p-slin: 200 mg
waxy maize: 50g
beta alanine: 2g

Mood: was cranky a lot but felt better after workout

Energy: lots of lethargy

Libido: better than yesterday

Random:
Went on a date with a girl I met at the bar like a month or so ago. She was much cuter than I remember. Doesn't speak any english so I got to practice my chinese. I'm pretty sure she is a nut-job tho; just got that vibe from her. Probably shouldn't put my pen1s in this one.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Day 14

Stats:
209 lbs (-1 lb, -11 total)

Diet:
1690 cals
272g protein
52g fat
27g carbs
20g fiber

*Notes: apetite was nonexistent. had to force down the shakes.

Training:

Cardio:
10 min inclined walking --> ramped up to 120-130 bmp
10 min seated bike
10 min elliptical --> peaked at 160 or so
10 min inclined walking --> ramped down to 110

Finished with some abs and stretching.

Gears:

Supps:
Supps:
Celery Seed Extract: 150 mg
Phellodenrone bark: 1g near bed time
Poria Cocos: 5g <---- new sh*t. chinese medicine.

Mood: Roid rage! I got pretty pissed off when this f*cktard personal trainer tried to tell me that is was wrong to arch my back on the bench press. Dude, you barely weigh a 150 and I was stronger than you when I was 14. He also once told my gf that chinese and westerners have different bodies so I shouldn't train her. He is clearly an idiot. His english name is Jungle, btw.

Energy: lethargy

Libido: not really

Random: Will give a two week report tomorrow. Have my most recent batch of gym pics. Happy with the progress so far.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
TWO WEEK UPDATE:

Stats:
209lbs ------->a loss of 11lbs
waiste (love-handles): 36.5 -----> -0.5 in

*Notes: Still making progress in the gym. So far everything is a success.

Pics:

*Notes: My abs didn't show up in the first pic like I had hoped they would. The second pic shows the least improvement. I'm a little bummed about losing the mass on my back, but back-fat will do that to ya.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
So disaster has struck. It seems that the container that was holding my liquid var was somehow leaking...****!!!!

I am unsure if only the liquid was lost or there was anavar powder lost with it. I only have 18 days left, instead of 28. So I could be dosing upwards of 93mg a day if only the liquid was lost. I thankfully have more powder but I am pissed off none the less.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Day 15

Stats:
209 lbs

Diet:
1960 cals
304g protein
64g fat
41g carbs
30g dietary fiber

Traning:

Plyometrics:
1-leg ricochet jumps (low box) - 4 x 15
Standing broad jump - 4 x 6
1,2,3 jump - 4 sets of 4 jumps per leg
Rim jumps - 4 x 6
Altitude jumps (high) - 4 x 5
Jump squats (65lbs) - 4 x 10

Yoga:
1 hr class; mild difficulty

*Notes: Did more walking today; will do fasted workout tomorrow.

Gears:
var: ??? mg :irked:
1-t trans: 4 pumps
proviron: 50 mg

Supps:
Toco 8: 1 scoop
Liver Longer: 2 caps
Geranamine: 15mg pre-wo
Celery Seed Extract: 450 mg
Poria Cocos: 10g x 2 (playing with this)
Water Plantain: 10g <---new one :sgrin:

*Notes: Realized the Poria lowers blood sugar which resulted in some unpeasant lethargy. Will take it at night only from now on.

Energy: none

Libido: pretty high

Mood: down

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Day 16

Stats:
207 lbs (-2 since yesterday, -13 so far)

Diet:
1352 cals
218g protein
42g fat
22g carbs
16g fiber

*Notes: I didn't do sh*t all day so I cut out a shake. Oatmeal tomorrow!!!!1!!

Training:
(rest)

Gears:
var: ??? mg
1-t trans: 4 pumps
proviron: 50 mg

Supps:
l-tryosine: .5g
Poria Cocos: 20g pre bed
Bacopa: 150mg pre bed
Phenibut: 200-300mg pre bed

Mood: I was down like yesterday. Hopefully will not turn into on cycle depression. That would be annoying.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Day 17

Stats:
208lbs (+1 since yesterday)

Diet:
2192 cals
279g protein
31g fat
160g carbs
24g fiber

Training: Legs and Bench Assistance

Speed Bench:
green bands (choked once)+185lbs x 3 x 3 <---ballistic
green bands (choked once)+185lbs x 3 x 3 <----w/pause

*Notes: Ouch, bands hurt.

Superset 1:

bottom-up pistols:
5lbs x 10
10 x 10
15 x 10
20 x 8

bb curls:
75 x 10
85 x 9
95 x 6
95 x 6

Superset 2:

Single Leg Press (2-3 sec neg):
275 x 10
315 x 10
335 x 8

Concetration curls:
27.5 x 10
27.5 x 10
27.5 x 9

Leg press Calf-raises:
484 x 10
528 x 10
572 x 6 / 440 x 6 / 352 x 6 <---triple drop set

Prone-Y's (on low incline):
6.6 x 15
6.6 x 15
8.8 x 10
8.8 x 10

*Notes: I looked really good during my post workout posing. And it takes a lot for me to say that I look good. Very pleased with results so far.

Gears:
60-90mg? var
50mg vitamin-p
4 pumps 1-T

Supps:
1/2 piece Thermogum
Poria Cocos: 20g at bedtime
Bacopa: 150mg @ bed
creatine gluconate: 1g morning, 1g noon

Pre-workout:
creatine gluconate: 1g
P-slin: 300mg (w/oats)

Intra-workout:
P-slin: 200mg
Waxy Maize: 50g
Beta-alanine: 2g

Mood: a little cranky

Libido: not too much

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Day 18

Stats:
209 lbs (+1 since yesterday)

Diet:
1690 cals
272g protein
52g fat
27g carbs
20g fiber

Training:

Flow Yoga:
1 hr class; hard difficulty <---getting easier

Gears:
60-90mg? var
50mg vitamin-p
4 pumps 1-T

Supps:
1/2 piece Thermogum x 2
Celery Seed Extract: 300 mg

Mood: My mind was a little out of whack from lack of sleep. But I was fine after exercise.

Libido: I realized that I only nutted like once this month. And that include when my girl was visiting. Ha ha, I haven't abstained this long since like 3rd grade.

Random: Have a deep ache in my legs which sucks. Don't know what it is; it's different from DOMS. I'm pretty pissed that I'm gaining weight so I'm gonna cut the cals on my plyo/yoga days. The bowels have been backed up a bit. Got some chinese herb that is supposed to clear that bad-boy out. Again, another update that I'm sure you didn't want to know.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Looks good. Keep up the good work. Just curious. Is there a carbup day in this periodically? I thought the velocity diet was 1month of very high protein/fat, minimal carbs.

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Random: Have a deep ache in my legs which sucks. Don't know what it is; it's different from DOMS. I'm pretty pissed that I'm gaining weight so I'm gonna cut the cals on my plyo/yoga days. The bowels have been backed up a bit. Got some chinese herb that is supposed to clear that bad-boy out. Again, another update that I'm sure you didn't want to know.
Can you describe the ache better? I might be able to help you out.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Looks good. Keep up the good work. Just curious. Is there a carbup day in this periodically? I thought the velocity diet was 1month of very high protein/fat, minimal carbs.
Thanks for the encouragement. Only 10 days left til the transition.

According to the original program, there aren't any carb-ups. I think there are more overall daily carbs and a carb drink is used pre-workout. Also, I think there is supposed to be one or two "healthy solid meals" in there.

I modified the original program to suit my training needs. Made it low carb / higher fat during my non-weight training days with high carbs around my workouts. I might have been able to lose more fat without doing this, but I see this as a welcomed trade off for maintaining my forward progress in the weight room.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Can you describe the ache better? I might be able to help you out.
It's a dull ache in the general leg area; not at a localized. When I was a kid I used to get em. We called it "achy legs."

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Dull generalized pain throughout the leg that persists? Are you having any flexibility issues, decreased strength, or anything like a 'pump' going on? And how's your water intake?

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Dull generalized pain throughout the leg that persists? Are you having any flexibility issues, decreased strength, or anything like a 'pump' going on? And how's your water intake?

Probably the plyos. They are quite hard on the body. This is also my week of "over-reaching" in Bagget's rountine. Next week the volume is scaled back. If it continues to be a problem, I'll add in some light, reclining cycling for active rest.

Day 19

Stats:
209 lbs

Diet:
1690 cals
272g protein
52g fat
27g carbs
20g fiber

*Notes: lower cals

Training:

Plyometrics:
1-leg ricochet jumps (low box) - 4 x 15
Standing broad jump - 4 x 6
1,2,3 jump - 4 sets of 4 jumps per leg
Rim jumps - 4 x 6
Altitude jumps (high) - 4 x 5
Jump squats (65lbs) - 4 x 10

Gears:
60-90mg? var
50mg vitamin-p
4 pumps 1-T

Supps:
1/2 piece Thermogum x 2
Celery Seed Extract: 300 mg

Pre/intra-workout:
15g BCAA w/5g Leucine
2g B.A.
1g pclar

Energy: took a long nap during the day; woke up feeling like sh*t.

Mood: terriblely cranky. pissed off at everything. told my gf to just talk to me tomorrow.

Random: Yesterday made tea with 15g chinese rhubarb. Worked very well as a colon cleanser. I also started taking digestive enzymes. The protein farts have seemed to be quelled for now. Watch Sherlock Holmes; that sh*t was enteraining.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Day 20

Stats:
209 lbs

Diet:
2016 cals
227g protein
35g fat
186g carbs
22g fiber

*Notes- I have two serving of waxy maize left which I am saving for next week. Had to use gatorade instead. Definately noticed the difference. It took longer to kick in which made me feel like **** during the beginning of my workout. Also looked more bloated which I doubt had anything to do with the extra 22g carbs. Btw, where I live, liquid measuring cups don't exist...

Training:Modded 5-3-1 Bench- Deload

Bench:
125 x 5
155 x 5
185 x 5

Weighted Chins:
11 x 5
22 x 5
33 x 5
44 x 5 (PR)

*Notes:- Tweaked my shoulder on the first or second set (can't remember) by trying to be too explosive before I was warmed up. Should have thrown in sme bw reps to get the blood flowing. Btw, I am blown away by the weight. My arms are 6'3" so I suck at chins/pull-ups. Think I'm gonna switch to reps with a decent weight before I f^ck up my shoulders.

Standing db shoulder press:
55 x 15
55 x 13
55 x 19

Superset:

db tri-extensions:
38.5 x 15
38.5 x 13
38.5 x 11

ez-bar curl: (slowish neg)
75 x 10
75 x 7
75 x 5

1-arm chest supported rows:
198 x 15
198 x 13
198 x 10

Back hypers:
bw x 15
bw x 15
bw x 15

Gears:
Gears:
60-90mg? var
50mg vitamin-p
4 pumps 1-T

Supps:
Creatine gluconate: 1g x 2 before workout
Celery Seed Extract: 600 mg <---had a hookah @ bar
Phenibut: 300mg before bar

Pre-wo
350mg p-slin (w/oats)
1g creatine gluconate
15 mg geranamine

Intra-workout:
200 mg p-slin
gatorade 1.2L = 72g carbs
2g of B.A.

Energy: Low. Ate a lot off stims (caffiene + nicotine).

Mood: a little down and a little irritable; not too bad. I wonder if these are signs of shut-down. I have to eat anti-depressants b/c of my bad brain chemistry so I know I am particulary sensitive to neurochemical changes in my dome. I think next cycle will use a HRT dose of test. If nothing else it will help with gains.

Random: When I control myself so strictly with diet, I find my ability to resist sneaking a cigarete is pretty low. Been smoking on and off for like 4-5 hrs. I don't smoke daily anymore but I am still "addicted."

I love what it does for my mood but I hate been nicotine's bitch. The last couple days been having a cig...I think yesterday, I had two.

I try to only smoke at the bar and unless I'm drunk, I don't particularly like he taste of cigs (cept for menthol and cloves). So I've only been having like 1/4 of a cig before I can't handle anymore.

It is normal for me to get extra cravings during low cals...I need my dopamine goddammit! Well anyways, I'm out of good cigs so I'll be able to control myself a little better. Not gonna buy any for awhile...at least I'll try to.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Day 21:

Stats:
208lbs -1 since yesterday, -12 total
Waist @ biggest part: 35.5 -1" since last week!!! -1.5" total

Diet:
1352 cals
218g protein
42g fat
22g carbs
16g fiber

*Notes: Wiil begin cutting out a shake when I can handle it. God I am tired of f#cking protein shakes.

Training: Yoga Class
difficulty hard, 1 hr long

Gears:
60-90?mg var
50mg prov
4 pumps 1-t

*Notes: Gears kicking in hard. Lots of vascularity and I get an awesome feeling whenever I flex. Dude, I got a pump during yoga. I didn't even know that was possible.

Supps:
Now Thyroid Energy: 2 caps (1 serving)
ALCAR: 0.5g

Libido: up

Mood: happy; l-tyrosine ftw (in thyroid energy)

Random: One week left baby! Ain't sh1t!

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Day 22

Stats:
207 lbs (-1 since yesterday, -13 total)

Diet:
Diet:
1690 cals
272g protein
52g fat
27g carbs
20g fiber

Training:

Plyometrics:
Standing broad jump - 3 x 5
Rim jumps - 3 x 6
Altitude jumps (high) - 3 x 5
Jump squats (65lbs) - 3 x 10

Practiced form with 135lbs on bench (4 sets of 5)

Yoga:
1 hr class; difficulty easy (but it felt hard as hell)

*Notes: felt like absolute death for this workout

Gears:
60-90?mg var
50mg prov
4 pumps 1-t

Supps:
Now Thyroid Energy: 2 caps (1 serving)
PEA: 1g <----sh*ts and gigs
Celery Seed Extract: 300mg
15g BCAA's + 5g leucine pre/intra-workout

Energy: low; thank god for stims

Mood: got pissed at this dude at the gym for bothering me. but he was intentionally trying to piss me off tho.

Random: This week is gonna be hard. Wanna get down to 205 by the end of it. It would be nice to get to 200 after the transition. That would put me at 205 when I carb up.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
So the night before, I couln't get to sleep. Ended up sleeping only a few hrs. Then today I had a harsh vomit. It was caused my either the tea I drank or the Now Thyroid Energy. Didn't eat anything fo the whole day. Well anyways, it was my day off so didn't do much. Slept a lot.

Day 23

Stats:
207 lbs

Diet:
Nothing

Gears:
60-90?mg var
50mg prov

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Day 24

Stats:
205lbs -2, (-15 total)

*Notes- Don't think this is gonna stick. I'd say I'll be 206/207 by tomorrow.

Diet:
2144 cals
274g protein
23g fat
186g carbs
26g fiber

Training:

BB Curls:
95 x 5
105 x 5
105 x 5
105 x 4

Speed Bench:
ballistic -> 205 x 3 / 195 x 3 x 2
paused -> 195 x 3 x 3

*Notes: Wasn't explosive enough with 205; 195 felt perfect tho

Pistols:
bw x 2 (PR left leg)
bw x 2
bw x 2
bw x 1

*Notes: Tweaked left knee; gotta be more careful. I haven't ever been able to go left legged pistols before today.

Superset:

Low-pulley 1-arm curls (w/back to machine):
22 x 10
27.5 x 10
27.5 x 10

High pulley 1-arm curls:
33 x 6
33 x 4
27.5 x 5

Bulgarian Split Squat:
110 x 10
110 x 10
110 x 8
110 x 8

JM Press:
115 x 10 (x 3)

Supps:
creatine gluconate: 1 g
Thermogum: 1/2 piece x 2

Pre-workout:
300mg p-slin (w/sweet tater)
2g creatine gluconate
500mg agamantine
200mg l-norvaline
(in retrospect, these last two were completely pointless)

Intra-workout
250mg p-slin
1.2 L gatorade
2g B.A.

Gears:
60-90?mg var
50mg prov
4 pumps 1-t

Mood: cranky. better after thermogum.

Libido: higher than usual but not by much

Random: The girl that I like at the gym gave me more attention today so I returned the favor. I eventually pulled her number. It is unfortunate I already have a gf; this chick is really hot. I think my gf's body is a little better tho.

Things are different in China, so I wouldn't be able to just bang her. You can only get one-night stands with older chicks and very rarely, with one of the hookers at the bar, but only if she is drunk and horny enough. Btw, if you have to clean a lot of vomit off your floor, you more or less "paid" for that sex.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Day 25

Stats:
205lbs :)

Diet:
1352 cals
218g protein
42g fat
22g carbs
16g fiber

Training:
Was lazy. Didn't go to yoga.

Gears:
60-90?mg var
50mg prov
4 pumps 1-t

*Notes: Noticed that my balls are smaller :sad:

Supps:
BCAA: 10g <----to fight a bout of lethargy

Energy: stims.

Mood: happy

Random: Girlfriend coming tomorrow. Will be here til Monday. :hump: Might do my plyos as "fasted training" tomorrow.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Day 26

Stats:
205lbs
waste @ widest: 35 (-.5, -2" total)

Diet:
1690 cals
272g protein
52g fat
27g carbs
20g fiber

Training:

Fasted Plyos
Standing broad jump - 3 x 5
Rim jumps - 3 x 6
Altitude jumps (high) - 3 x 5
Jump squats (65lbs) - 3 x 10

Gears:
60-90?mg var
50mg prov
4 pumps 1-t

Supps:

Fasted workout protocol:
1 AP
20g BCAA (sipped preworkout)
20g BCCA + B.A. (sipped intraworkout)

Libido: good

Mood: can't remember

Day 27

Stats:
205lbs

Diet:
1992 cals
279g protein
31g fat
100g carbs
24g fiber

Training:
GOT TO THE GYM AND IT WAS CLOSED!!! Will lift tomorrow.

Gears:
60-90?mg var
50mg prov
4 pumps 1-t

Supps:
Creatine gluconate: 1g (x 2)
Anabolic Pump: 2 caps twice b4 bed (might do it to carb deplete)

"pre-workout:"
300mg pslin (w/oats)
1g creatine gluconate
3g Super Saponins

Energy:
medium

Random: Last day tomorrow. Spent day with gf. Gonna have a cheater with her on Monday before she has to leave. A well desired all-you can-eat sushi lunch.

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Great work keeping at 205 dude. Finish it strong and make sure you post pics! :)

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Day 28

Stats:
207lbs (+2)

Diet:
2192 cals
279g protein
31g fat
160g carbs
24g fiber

Training: Modded 5-3-1 Bench

Bench:
125 x 5
155 x 5
185 x 5
205 x5
235 x 5
265 x 8

Chins:
bw x 5
+22 x 5
+33 x 5
+44 x 5
+49.5 x 5 (PR)

Superset 1:

Close-grip floor press:
185 x 10
185 x 10
185 x 10

BB rows:
185 x 15
205 x 12
205 x 10

Superset 2:

Overhead cable tri's:
55 x 10
55 x 10
55 x 10

db preachers:
33 x 8
38.5 x 7
44 x 5

Supps:
Creatine gluconate: 1g (x 2)
Formex: 1 cap

Pre-workout:
300mg p-slin (w/oats)
1g creatine gluconate
20mg geranamine

Intra-wo:
50g waxy maize
200mg p-slin
2 g B.A.

Gears:
60-90?mg var
50mg prov
4 pumps 1-t

Random: Pics will be up soon.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Final Stats:
Weight: 205lbs (-15)
Waiste: 35" (-2)
Arms: no change

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Great work man, and smart move putting before/afters in the first post. What are your plans now?

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Thanks dude.

Gonna keep dieting. Next two weeks have 1 big (but reasonable) meal and 3 shakes a day. Staying low carb except for pre/intra workout. I'll try to drop another 5 lbs; not sure if I can manage it though. Won't add in my usually carb ups in for another few weeks. After that, I'll be on PCT and will run 8 weeks of Prime, T-Force, and geranamine/alpha-y.

FlexMasterFunk

FlexMasterFunk

Awards
Wow...I know It's been almost a year, but this is a perfect template for me...I have the same stats approx. as your starting point. Soon as I can afford the supps, I'm gonna use this as a reference. Awsome log. Thanx!