mikeL's Fav. Strength Regiment! (OT?)

mikeL16

Awards
Today is Thursday February 4th 2010. The purpose of this log is to record my favorite training regiment to date that I do around 2/3 times a year with different cycles in between. I hope to use it for information, help people, and hopefully receive some solid criticism which may help me tweak it.

My good friend, and training partner for the last few years made this routine for me and was one of his strength cycles regimented a while back when he was offseason preparing for his bodybuilding competition when he was trying to put on some mass(which he won and became Mr. Teen Minnesota 2006 and Mr. Collegiate MN…).

Although a slightly longer cycle- from 6-8 weeks (which makes it difficult to take a pH with)- the ultimate goal is to increase power and strength while keeping endurance and size. Personally, Ive had great success with this cycle and hopefully it will be even more beneficial to me having you guys all take a gander at it.

The guidelines to this program can be somewhat confusing but hopefully you guys can bear with me and follow along.
This is a mixed 5x5 cycle where the primary workout of each muscle group is done with 5 sets of 5 reps all at the same weight. If all 5 are completed, the next time around that day of the routine simply increase the weight 5/10/20 lbs depending on the exercise/lift. For example, DB exercises I typically only increase by 5 lbs, while larger-more powerful lifts like deads and squats I would use the 10-20 lb increase.
As for the secondary lifts in the muscle groups- they are to be done as 2 weeks of 3x12, 2 weeks of 3x10, 2weeks of 3x8 and finally 2 weeks of 3x6. This is to be done with the same principle of the 5x5, however the weight should increase from set one to three. For example on a flat dumbbell press if you successfully complete 12reps at 80, 12 at 85 and 12 at 90 the next time you do that day increase the weight 5 lbs.
In addition to the basics of the free weights I also begin days 1 3 and 5 with a warmup run (typically 1-2 mile jog) and end days 1 3 and 5 with an interval cardio training. This is usually on the treadmill and is usually no more than 3-4 miles. Also, I begin both leg days with a brisk walk for about a half mile of around 4 mph on a slight incline to get the blood flowing before my squats. I end both leg days with either bike work or stair-steppers.
Days 2 4 and 6 I do ab work superseded through the lift. Some are higher reps for definition and others are weighted for size and strength. I do all kinds from machines, mod bods, dumbbell, cable, medicine ball, and aerobic ab work.

Personally I have done this cycle with 6days straight with only Sunday off, but have been planning to switch to the 3day on / 1 day off idea I have received in many comments.

I also wanted to add my supplemental, dietary, and personal information so as to best give a good representation of my life and my personal love of lifting.

Day 1
Chest
Flat BB Press (2 warmups) -> 5x5 @ same weight
Incline DB Press 3x12 Inc. Weight
Decline BB Press 3x12 “ “
-(superset) Flat DB Fly 3x12 “ “
Shoulders
Seated Military Press (1 warmup) -> 5x5
DB Side Raises 3x12
-DB Snow Angels 3x12
DB Arnold Presses 3x12
DB Shrugs 6x12
Tris
Weighted Dips (1 warmup) 5x5
Skull Crushers 3x12
Tri Pushdowns 3x12
Burnout
Pushups 4x25
-Cable Flys 4x20 @ completable weight
Day 2
Back
Dead Lifts (2 warmups) 5x5
-Assisted Pullups 6x12
DB Rows 3x12
Lat Pulldowns 3x12
Seated Closegrip Cable Rows 3x12
Bi
Barbell Curls (1 warmup) 5x5
Seated DB Curls 3x12
Cable Curls 3x12
-ForeArm Cable Curls 3x12
Day 3
Legs
Back Squats (2 warmups) 5x5
Hip Sled 3x12
-Calf Raises 6x12
Barbell Lunges 5x5
Lying Down Curls 3x12
Leg Extension 3x12
Day 4
Chest
Incline Barbell Press (2 warmups) 5x5
Flat DB Press 3x12
DB Pullovers 3x12
-Incline DB Flys 3x12
Shoulders
Dumbell Press (1 warmup) 5x5
Barbell Front Raises 3x12
-Rear Delt DB Flys 3x12
EZ Bar Upright Row 3x12
BB Shrugs- Progressive loading to a 3x12
Tri
Close-Grip Bench (1 warmup) 5x5
Tri Pulldowns 3x12
DB Overhead Extension 3x12
Burnout
Cable Crosses 3x12
Dips 3xAMAP
Day 5
Back
Rack Pulls- Just Below Knees (2 Warmups) 5x5
-Weighted Pullups/non-assisted 3x12
Barbell Rows (single Arm) 3x12
Close-Grip Pulldowns 3x12
Seated Widebar Cable Rows 3x12
Bi
DB Curls (1 warmup) 5x5
Ez Bar Preacher Curls 3x12
DB Hammer Curls 3x12
21s or some other burnout for 3 sets
Day 6
Legs
Front Squats (2 warmups) 5x5
Single Leg Presses 3x12
-Calf Raises 6x12
Smith/Assisted Back Squats 3x12
Seated Leg Curls 3x12
Leg Extensions 3x12

Supplementation​
I am definetly a novice when it comes to supplementation and ph cycles so any information, questions, comments, and aid here would be most greatly appreciated.

Daily I usually only fit in 2 protein shakes ( one for lunch and one post-workout) which also have 5g glutamine and 5g creatine in them.
For Pre-Workout I take some source of NO, obviously my two favs are xplode and vapor, which I also add 5g Glutamine and 5g Creatine to.
I take a daily fish oil tablet for my Omegas and multi vitamin for overall general health.

Heres where I will get reemed a new one im sure (as stated I haven’t done as much research as I should).
I have only dabbled a little with ph cycles and have tried a few different stacks, all with Mdrol and one additional, and would like to list one I have been thinking of attempting to do with this strength cycle. Soooooo here goes-

6 weeks (drop the 3x12 2 weeks and start with just the 3x10s)
Cycle-
HDrol 10/10/10/10/10/10
MDrol 0/0/10/20/30/30
Normal Supplementation of shakes, fish oils, vitamins, preworkouts
Milk Thistle
CEL Cycle Assist
PCT- (here is where I really need the help—inmy past cycles I hav been an idiot and only used things like pct assist)
Continue Cycle Assist, milk thisle and other supplements
Liquid Clomi (please help with when to start and suggested dosages)
Liquid Tamox (please help with when to start and suggested dosages)

Nutrition​
My diet sucks. I know. Please spare me the nagging. I am totally aware that “to get big you have to eat big.” I typically eat eggs in the morning, a typically college kid lunch, and tuna/chicken/beef dinner at night. During the day I eat nutrition bars and things like that but I cant lie when I say I have a sweet tooth.

Personal Information
Weight:190
Height: 5-10/11
Body Type: Mesomorph
Years Training (hard): 2 years
Estimated BF (Skinfold+ a little): 12%
Hours Train/Day: 2-3
Training Days/Week: 5-6 (depending which of my programs I am doing)

Additional Info
I am poor college student who keeps very busy, although I would like to think that in my priorities lifting definitely is top 2. I attend a very difficult university and typically go from class to the gym to the library everyday. I do like to have fun, and there for do enjoy going to the bars and going out with my friends on the weekends however this has NEVER affected me missing a day of lifting b/c of my love of training.

Conclusion
I really hope you all made it through. Having said that, again, this regiment has never let me down and I have seen nothing but gains from it. I am dearly hoping for advise and help on the following:
-the Routine itself: opinions, additions, tweaks
-the potential cycle I will be attempting with this strength/size program
-any other comments questions.

Thank you all for your time and consideration! I am hoping I have helped some and will receive help by many!
Can’t wait for the feedback,

mikeL

mikeL16

Awards
by the would not drink the while time while taking a ph. in not dumb and know I would be destroying my liver if I would even have a single drink...