Old Navy's Quest to be Bigger, Badder & Better in 2010

Page 2 of 13 First 12347 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Monday, December 28, 2009

Weight: 161.0

Today I begin a new training plan, one that I have worked before and really enjoyed:

Widow-Maker Power Workout – A Four-Week Plan

The purpose of this plan is to grow lean, hard muscle mass by lifting heavy for several sets with little rest in between, using the same weight load and then doing a Widow-Maker set of many reps for the same exercise. Here is the Plan:

Keep the same weight for all 6 sets, but you may lose a rep or two at the end. For example set 1 - 4 you get the 6 reps, set 5, 5 reps and the last set 4. Pick a good weight and don't lower it even if it means 2-3 reps total on the last set.

On the high rep sets don't just do them light and go through the motions, go heavy and hard. For example on the 50 reps of squats pick a weight you can only get 20-30 reps with and then just take 2-3 deep breaths and bang out 4-6 more reps, breath and do more until you get the reps in. This is the Widow Maker set!

The rest between sets is 60-seconds and do a few warm-up sets before you begin the exercise. Stretch the working muscle between sets for 20-30 seconds.

Day 1:

Incline Bench Dumbbell Press – 6 x 6, 1 X 20

Flat Bench Dumbbell Press – 6 x 6, 1 X 20

High Pulls (wide grip upright row, but you pull to the forehead) – 4 x 4

Heavy Laterals – 3 x 8

Press Down – 4 x 10

Decline Dumbbell Extensions - 4 X 8

Day 2:

Leg Press – 6 x 6, 1 X 40

Squats – 6 x 6, 1 X 30

Hack Squat – 6 x 6, 1 X 20

Leg Curl s– 5 x 8

Leg Extensions – 4 x 10

Day 3:

Reverse Grip Barbell Row – 6 x 6, 1 X 20

Medium Grip Pull Down – 6 x 6, 1 X 20

Dead Lifts – 6 x 6, 1 X 30

Barbell Curls – 4 x 6

Preacher Curls – 4 x 10

Day 4:

Lunges - 6 X 6, 1 X 20

Seated Leg Curls - 6 x 6

Wide stance Squats (feet out wide, toes pointed out) - 6 X 6, 1 X 50

Dumbbell Stiff Leg Dead Lifts - 6 X 6

Step Ups (Step up, one leg at a time, on a high bench or aerobic step) 6 X 6

Calves and Abs work is done twice a week. Pick one exercise and do 5-6 sets of as many reps as you can do for each.

Do Cardio on off days from weights, 20 minutes of HITT or intervals.
    Do 5 min warm-up and 5 minute cool down so total time is 30 min with 20 minutes being interval or HITT.

Today I did Day 1

Day 1:

Incline Bench Dumbbell Press – 6 x 6 x 42.5 pound dumb bells, 1 X 20 x 37.5 pound dumb bells

Flat Bench Dumbbell Press – 6 x 6 x 47.5 pound dumb bells, 1 X 20 x 42.5 pound dumb bells

High Pulls (wide grip upright row, but you pull to the forehead) – 4 x 4 x 75 pounds

Heavy Laterals – 3 x 8 x 17.5 pound dumb bells

Press Down – 4 x 10 x 60 pounds (rope, v-bar, straight bar)

Decline Dumbbell or Barbell Extensions - 4 X 8 x 50 pound fixed barbell

Supplements:

I am using the Flex Wheeler Signature Series as part of my training regimen:

Kre-Alkalyn EFX PRO Pre-Workout Energy and Muscle Activator
    Nytric EFX PRO Vascularity and Muscle-Pump Intensifier
    CELL RUSH Post Workout Muscle Cell Re-fueling System
    LBA PRO Liquid Amino Acid and Protein Complex
    LG5 PRO Liquid Glutamine and Cell Volumizer
    NF-PRO 100% Pro-Grade Whey Protein

I am off and running, looking to grow in the New Year.

Old Navy

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Weight: 158.4

The purpose of this plan is to grow lean, hard muscle mass by lifting heavy for several sets with little rest in between, using the same weight load and then doing a Widow-Maker set of many reps for the same exercise. Here is the Plan:

Keep the same weight for all 6 sets, but you may lose a rep or two at the end. For example set 1 - 4 you get the 6 reps, set 5, 5 reps and the last set 4. Pick a good weight and don't lower it even if it means 2-3 reps total on the last set.

On the high rep sets don't just do them light and go through the motions, go heavy and hard. For example on the 50 reps of squats pick a weight you can only get 20-30 reps with and then just take 2-3 deep breaths and bang out 4-6 more reps, breath and do more until you get the reps in. This is the Widow Maker set!

The rest between sets is 60-seconds and do a few warm-up sets before you begin the exercise. Stretch the working muscle between sets for 20-30 seconds.

Day 2: Legs and Calves

Leg Press 6 x 6 x 240 pounds, 1 X 40 x 225 pounds

Squats 6 x 6 x 165 pounds, 1 X 30 x 125 pounds

Hack Squat 6 x 6 x 150 pounds, 1 X 20 x 125 pounds

Leg Curls 5 x 8 x 150 pounds

Leg Extensions 4 x 10 x 100 pounds

Seated Calve Raises 3 x 20 x 150 pounds

Crunches 5 x 20 reps

I did Cardio on Tuesday, 20 minutes of HITT and 20 minutes of moderate trreadmill.

Supplements:

Each week I will up the weights for each set. It's all good.

Old Navy
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Friday, January 1, 2010 Happy New Year. A Great Way to Start the Year.

Weight: 158.0

Widow-Maker Power Workout: A Four-Week Plan

Day 3: Back and Biceps

Reverse Grip Barbell Row 6 x 6 x 135 pounds, 1 X 20 x 105 pounds

Medium Grip Pull Down 6 x 6 x 115 pounds, 1 X 20 x 100 pounds

Dead Lifts 6 x 6 x 185 pounds, 1 X 30 x 105 pounds

Barbell Curls 4 x 6 x 50 pounds

Preacher Curls 4 x 10 x 50 pounds

20 minutes of moderate cardio and 125 crunches

Supplements:

The YMCA was full of Resolutioners. The next six weeks will be crowded.

Old Navy
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Monday, January 4, 2010 (Posted Late)

Weight: 158.8

Day 4: Legs

Lunges 6 x 6 x 125 pounds, 1 x 20 x 105 pounds (reps are both legs)

Seated Leg Curls 6 x 6 x 125 pounds

Wide Stance Squats 6 x 6 x 175 pounds, 1 x 50 x 150 pounds

Dumbbell Stiff Leg Dead Lifts 6 x 6 x 30 pound dumbbells

Step Ups (Step up, one leg at a time, on a high bench or aerobic step) 6 x 6

Seated Calves 3 x 15 x 100 pounds

Plus 20-minutes of moderate speed cardio and 125 crunches

Supplements:

This is the end of the first week of this plan. It's tough, but fun

Old Navy
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Old Navy View Post
    Friday, January 1, 2010 Happy New Year. A Great Way to Start the Year.

Day 3: Back and Biceps

Reverse Grip Barbell Row 6 x 6 x 135 pounds, 1 X 20 x 105 pounds

Medium Grip Pull Down 6 x 6 x 115 pounds, 1 X 20 x 100 pounds

Dead Lifts 6 x 6 x 185 pounds, 1 X 30 x 105 pounds

Supplements:

The YMCA was full of Resolutioners. The next six weeks will be crowded.

Old Navy
    I see it every year and three months later 80 % or more of the people are gone. We are good examples of dedication.=)

keep it up Scott you are doing phenomenal for any age. I hope to do the NGA Nashville and maybe NGA Atlanta and/or NGA Alabama if I have the money.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    I see it every year and three months later 80 % or more of the people are gone. We are good examples of dedication.=)

keep it up Scott you are doing phenomenal for any age. I hope to do the NGA Nashville and maybe NGA Atlanta and/or NGA Alabama if I have the money.
    Thanks. I would do the NGA Night of the Champions in Nashville in late June and then, two weeks later, do my show, the 2010 NGA Alabama Natural Open Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Model Championships on July 11. Mine is a Super Pro Qualifier. The winner of every class with five or more contestants entering and competing will be awarded an NGA Pro Card. Pro Cards will also be awarded to the Overall winners. www.NGAAlabamaOpen.com

Old Navy
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Weight: 158.4 pounds

Calves and Abs work is done twice a week. Pick one exercise and do 5-6 sets of as many reps as you can do for each.

Do 5 min warm-up and 5 minute cool down so total time is 30 min with 20 minutes being interval or HITT.

Chest, Triceps and Shoulders

Incline Bench Dumbbell Press 6 x 6 x 45 pound dumb bells, 1 X 20 x 40 pound dumb bells

Flat Bench Dumbbell Press 6 x 6 x 50 pound dumb bells, 1 X 20 x 45 pound dumb bells

High Pulls (wide grip upright row, but you pull to the forehead) – 4 x 4 x 75 pounds

Heavy Laterals – 3 x 8 x 20 pound dumb bells

Press Down – 4 x 10 x 70 pounds (rope, v-bar, straight bar)

Supplements:

I added five pounds to most sets. It's going to get tougher.

Old Navy
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Friday, January 8, 2010

Weight: 157.8

Today I did Legs and Calves:

Leg Press 6 x 6 x 270 pounds, 1 X 40 x 230 pounds

Squats 6 x 6 x 175 pounds, 1 X 30 x 135 pounds

Hack Squat 6 x 6 x 165 pounds, 1 X 20 x 135 pounds

Leg Curls 5 x 8 x 160 pounds

Leg Extensions 4 x 10 x 110 pounds

Crunches 5 x 20 reps

I did Cardio on Thursday, 20 minutes of HITT and 20 minutes of moderate treadmill.

Supplements:

I was up very late last night watching the Alabama Crimson Tide win the National Championship against Texas. I still got up at 5:00 AM to meet my personal training client at the gym at 7:00. If you are going to Hoot with the Owls, you've got to Soar with the Eagles.

Old Navy
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Monday, January 11, 2010

Today I did Back and Biceps

Reverse Grip Barbell Row 6 x 6 x 145 pounds, 1 X 20 x 120 pounds

Medium Grip Pull Down 6 x 6 x 120 pounds, 1 X 20 x 115 pounds

Dead Lifts 6 x 6 x 200 pounds, 1 X 30 x 115 pounds

Supplements:

I like this plan. It gets tougher each week.

Old Navy
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Lookin GOOD Mr. Navy! Workin' hard as usual.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rantorcha View Post
    Lookin GOOD Mr. Navy! Workin' hard as usual.
    Too old to do it any other way. LOL
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Weight: 157.4 pounds

Today it was Chest, Triceps and Shoulders

Incline Bench Dumbbell Press 6 x 6 x 50 pound dumb bells, 1 X 20 x 45 pound dumb bells

Flat Bench Dumbbell Press 6 x 6 x 52.5 pound dumb bells, 1 X 20 x 45 pound dumb bells

Heavy Laterals – 3 x 8 x 22.5 pound dumb bells

Supplements:

I'm getting close to max on a few exercises. I'll keep pushing.

Old Navy
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Old Navy View Post
    Too old to do it any other way. LOL
    Love the attitude!
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Friday, January 15, 2010

Weight: 157.0

Leg Press 6 x 6 x 275 pounds, 1 X 40 x 240 pounds

Squats 6 x 6 x 185 pounds, 1 X 30 x 145 pounds

Hack Squat 6 x 6 x 170 pounds, 1 X 20 x 145 pounds

Seated Leg Curls 5 x 8 x 160 pounds

Leg Extensions 4 x 10 x 115 pounds

Crunches 5 x 20 reps

I did Cardio on Thursday, 20 minutes of HITT and 20 minutes of moderate treadmill.

Supplements:

I worked today with a slight muscle pull in my lower back due to the Dead Lifts I did earlier in the week. Hopefully a weekend off from weight training will make it better.

Old Navy
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Tuesday, January 19 and Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Weight: 156.0 pounds

Tuesday was Chest, Triceps and Shoulders

Incline Bench Dumbbell Press 6 x 6 x 52.5 pound dumb bells, 1 X 20 x 47.5 pound dumb bells

Flat Bench Dumbbell Press 6 x 6 x 55 pound dumb bells, 1 X 20 x 47.5 pound dumb bells

High Pulls (wide grip upright row, but you pull to the forehead) – 4 x 4 x 80 pounds

Heavy Laterals – 3 x 8 x 25.0 pound dumb bells

Wednesday I did Legs and Calves:

Leg Press 6 x 6 x 285 pounds, 1 X 40 x 245 pounds

Squats 6 x 6 x 190 pounds, 1 X 30 x 150 pounds

Hack Squat 6 x 6 x 175 pounds, 1 X 20 x 150 pounds

Seated Leg Curls 5 x 8 x 160 pounds

Leg Extensions 4 x 10 x 120 pounds

Seated Calve Raises 3 x 20 x 160 pounds

Crunches 5 x 20 reps

Supplements:

The YMCA was closed on Monday for the MLK Jr. Holiday so I trained Tuesday and Wednesday. I'll do cardio tomorrow and pick up the plan again on Friday.

Old Navy
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Friday, January 22, 2010

Weight: 156.0

Today I did Legs and Calves

Lunges 6 x 6 x 135 pounds, 1 x 20 x 115 pounds (reps are both legs)

Seated Leg Curls 6 x 6 x 135 pounds

Wide Stance Squats 6 x 6 x 175 pounds, 1 x 50 x 150 pounds (Same weight as last time. Tough)

Dumbbell Stiff Leg Dead Lifts 6 x 6 x 35 pound dumbbells

Step Ups (Step up, one leg at a time, on a high bench or aerobic step) 6 x 6

Seated Calves 3 x 15 x 100 pounds

Plus 20-minutes of moderate speed cardio and 125 crunches

Supplements:

I'm feeling a little under the weather with a head cold. I toughed it out anyway.

Old Navy
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Monday, January 25, 2010

Weight: 156.0

Today I did Back and Biceps

Reverse Grip Barbell Row, 6 x 6 x 150 pounds, 1 X 20 x 125 pounds

Medium Grip Pull Down, 6 x 6 x 125 pounds, 1 X 20 x 120 pounds

Dead Lifts 6 x 6, 1 X 30
    I didn't do this exercise today as I am still nursing a slightly sore back.

Instead I did bent-over dumb bell rows.

Bent-Over Dumb Bell Rows, 6 x 6 x 35 pounders, 1 x 30 x 30 pounders

Barbell Curls, 4 x 6 x 50 pounds

Preacher Curls, 4 x 10 x 50 pounds

Supplements:

I am lifting heavy and staying strong. Good training plan.

Old Navy
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Weight: 155.8 pounds

Leg Press, 6 x 6 x 290 pounds, 1 X 40 x 250 pounds

Squats, 6 x 6 x 195 pounds, 1 X 30 x 155 pounds

Hack Squat, 6 x 6 x 180 pounds, 1 X 20 x 155 pounds

Seated Leg Curls, 5 x 8 x 165 pounds

Leg Extensions, 4 x 10 x 130 pounds

Seated Calve Raises, 3 x 20 x 165 pounds

Crunches, 5 x 20 reps

Supplements:

Man, I didn't think adding 5 pounds to every exercise was a big deal. My legs were toast after this session.

Old Navy
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Friday, January 29, 2010

Weight: 156.0 pounds

Today was Chest, Triceps and Shoulders

Incline Bench Dumbbell Press 6 x 6 x 55.0 pound dumb bells, 1 X 20 x 50 pound dumb bells. This exercise got my attention.

Flat Bench Dumbbell Press 6 x 6 x 60 pound dumb bells, 1 X 20 x 50 pound dumb bells

High Pulls (wide grip upright row, but you pull to the forehead) – 4 x 4 x 80 pounds

Heavy Laterals – 3 x 8 x 25.0 pound dumb bells

Supplements:

After upping the weights on the first two exercises, I didn't have enough left to up the weights for any of the others. This plan is ending soon. Maybe not soon enough. Ha.

Old Navy
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Monday, February 1, 2010

Weight: 155.0 pounds

Widow-Maker Power Workout: A Four-Week Plan, Final Week

Leg Press, 6 x 6 x 200 pounds, 1 X 40 x 250 pounds

Squats, 6 x 6 x 200 pounds, 1 X 30 x 150 pounds

Hack Squat, 6 x 6 x 185 pounds, 1 X 20 x 160 pounds

Seated Leg Curls, 5 x 8 x 165 pounds

Leg Extensions, 4 x 10 x 135 pounds

Seated Calve Raises, 3 x 20 x 165 pounds

Crunches, 5 x 20 reps

Supplements:

I'm glad this great plan is nearly done. It was very tough.

Stand by next week for “The Phoenix,” A Full-Body Hypertrophy Workout

Phoenix (mythology), a mythical bird that dies in flames and is reborn from the ashes.

Old Navy
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Friday, February 5, 2010

Weight: 154.0

We completed The Widow Maker program on Wednesday and did circuit training today to finish the week. The circuit training consisted of 8 sets of 8 reps of unassisted pull ups, unassisted dips, hanging leg lifts, crunches, push ups and 8 x 25 of skip rope. My training partner and I got through the eight sets and then spent 15 minutes boxing, with me holding the pads and my partner wearing the gloves. It was an aerobic session.

On Monday, we start a new program called The Phoenix. Here it is:

“The Phoenix,” A Full-Body Hypertrophy Workout

Phoenix (mythology), a mythical bird that dies in flames and is reborn from the ashes.

DAY ONE of Weight Training

Pull Ups, medium grip: as many sets as needed to get in 50 reps.

Dumbbell Row: 3 X 4-6 with a drop on the last set (drop sets do 6 reps drop the weight 30% and go to failure).

Pull Down with V bar: 3 X 6.

Rack Dead Lifts: 2 X 4-6, 1 X 30.

Curls: 3 X 4-6 with last set as a drop.

Preacher Curl: 2 X 6-8 with burns on last set (burns are 1/4 reps at the mid point).

Dumbbell Bench/Flies: 3 X 10-12, Positive stroke is a press, negative stroke is a fly.

Upright Row, medium grip: 2 X 10-12.

Seated Triceps Extension: 2 X 10-12.

Leg Extension: 1 X 50-100 (on 50-100 rep sets pick a light weight and go for 50-100 nonstop, this burns).

Seated Leg Curl: 1 X 50-100.

Calf press: 1 X 50-100.

In each case, try to do the higher reps for each set.

This is a great change-of-pace plan and you should look forward to adding weights to every exercise over the four-weeks of The Phoenix.

DAY TWO of Weight Training

Squats:
    4 x 8
    1 x 30

Hack Squat: last set with static hold in the 1/2 position for 30 sec.
    3 x 6

Lunges: last set do a drop to failure
    3 x 6

Leg Curls: last set do slow 8-10 seconds of negative
    3 x 6

Glute Ham Rises: If you don't have this equipment, you can substitute another ham string exercise
    2 X 6

Seated Calf Rises: hold bottom and top 2 seconds
    3 x 10

Standing Calf Rises: drop set on 2nd set to failure
    2 X 30

Lat Pull Downs:
    2 X 12

Cable Rows:
    2 X 12

Cable Curls:
    2 X 12

Peck Deck:
    1 X 50-100

Machine Laterals:
    1 X 50

Machine Triceps Extensions:
    1 x 50

DAY THREE of Weight Training

Incline Dumbbell Press: 3 X 6 with last set a drop

Dips:

3 X 6 last set do burns (1/4 movements at the mid-range)

Dumb Bell Flat Bench:

2 X 6

Push Press: (chest machine)

3 X 6

Side Laterals:

2 x 6 (Seated)

Bent Over Laterals:

2 X 6

Decline Dumb Bell Triceps Extensions:

3 X 6 with slow negatives

Triceps Dip:

2 X 8 with static hold (5-seconds)

Sissy Squats:

2 X 12

Seated Leg Curls:

2 X 12

Calf Press:

3 X 15 (feet straight, toes in, heels in)

Straight Arm Pull Down:

1 X 100

Machine Curls:

1 x 50

Experiment with different weight levels and strive to add weights to each exercise each week. You will add endurance and strength. The Phoenix Full Body Hypertrophy Workout is an excellent program.

Cardio Workout

Combat Cardio: 5 cycles of the following:

Jump Rope - 2 minutes

30 Mountain Climbers - to an elevated platform

30 Squat Thrusts - From a squat to an explosive leap up

30 Push Ups - slow and full

30 Side Straddle Hops - done quickly

Puke once and repeat!

Do Day 1 of Weight Training, Combat Cardio, Day 2 of Weight Training, Combat Cardio and Day 3 of Weight Training, Combat Cardio. Fun Stuff.

Supplements:

Old Navy
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Monday, February 8, 2010

Weight: 155.0

Pull Ups, medium grip: as many sets as needed to get in 50 reps.
    I did 3 x 10. I can usually do 50, but after watchng the Super Bowl last night, I was beat.

Dumbbell Row: 3 X 4-6 with a drop on the last set (drop sets do 6 reps drop the weight 30% and go to failure).
    2 x 6 x 35 pound dumbbells1 x 20 x 30 pounders

Pull Down with V bar: 3 X 6.
    3 x 6 x 130 pounds

Rack Dead Lifts: 2 X 4-6, 1 X 30.
    Didn't do these today.

Curls: 3 X 4-6 with last set as a drop.
    2 x 6 x 30 pound dumbbells,

Preacher Curl: 2 X 6-8 with burns on last set (burns are 1/4 reps at the mid point).
    2 x 8 x 60 with 1/4 reps

Dumbbell Bench/Flies: 3 X 10-12, Positive stroke is a press, negative stroke is a fly.
    3 x 12 x 30 pound dumbbells

Upright Row, medium grip: 2 X 10-12.
    Didn't do this today

Seated Triceps Extension: 2 X 10-12.
    2 x 12 x 40 pounds

Leg Extension: 1 X 50-100 (on 50-100 rep sets pick a light weight and go for 50-100 nonstop, this burns).
    1 x 50 x 60 pounds (I will hit 100 next time)

Seated Leg Curl: 1 X 50-100.
    1 x 50 x 60 pounds (I will hit 100 next time)

Seated Calf press: 1 X 50-100.
    3 x 25 x 70 pounds

Abdominals
    5 x 20 reps

Supplements:

This is a lengthy program. I did not have enough time to do all of the exercises today. I will try to pick up the pace between exercises.

Old Navy
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"The Phoenix," A Full-Body Hypertrophy Workout

Squats:
    4 x 8 x 155 (too easy)
    1 x 30 x 125 (too easy)

3 x 6 x 160

3 x 6 x 30 pound dumb bells

3 x 6 x 140

3 x 10 x 140

2 X 30 x 40 pound dumb bells (did 40 reps on the drop set)

Lat Pull Downs:
    2 X 12 x 135 (tough)

Cable Rows:
    2 X 12 x 155 (tough)

Cable Curls:
    2 X 12 x 70

Peck Deck:
    1 X 50 x 40

Machine Laterals:
    1 X 50 x 20

1 x 50 x 120

On Tuesday (February 9) I did Combat Cardio

Jump Rope - 2 minutes

I didn't puke, but after the fourth cycle, going into the fifth cycle, I felt like it.

Supplements:

Old Navy
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Friday, February 12, 2010

Weight: 153.0

Incline Dumbbell Press: 2 x 6 x 37.5 and drop 1 x 20 x 32.5

Dips: 3 x 6 x bodyweight with 1/4 pump at mid-range

Dumb Bell Flat Bench: 2 x 6 x 52.5

Push Press (chest machine): 3 x 6 x 175

Side Laterals (seated): 2 x 6 x 17.5

Bent Over Laterals: 2 x 6 x 22.5

Decline Dumb Bell Triceps Extensions: 3 x 6 x 22.5 with slow negatives

Triceps Dip: 2 X 8 x bodyweight with static hold (5-seconds)

Sissy Squats: 2 X 12 slow hold at the bottom

Seated Leg Curls: 2 X 12 x 150

Calf Press: 3 X 20 x 110 (feet straight, toes in, heels in)

Straight Arm Pull Down: 1 X 100 x 40

Machine Curls:1 x 50 x 55

Cardio Workout on Thursday

Jump Rope - 2 minutes

Supplements:

This is the first full week of The Phoenix. Great plan. It will get harder. So will I.

Old Navy
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Monday, February 15, 2010

Weight: 155.0

Pull Ups, medium grip: 5 x 10

Dumbbell Row: 2 x 6 x 37.5 pound dumbbells, 1 x 20 x 32.5 pounders

Pull Down with V bar: 3 x 6 x 135 pounds

Rack Dead Lifts: 2 x 6 x 135, 1 x 30 x 115

Curls: 2 x 6 x 30 pound dumbbells, 1 x 20 x 25 pound dumb bells

Preacher Curl: 2 x 8 x 60 with 1/4 reps

Dumbbell Bench/Flies: 3 x 12 x 32.5 pound dumbbells

Upright Row, medium grip: 2 X 12 x 105

Seated Triceps Extension: 2 x 12 x 45 pounds

Leg Extension: 1 x 100 x 50 pounds (had to pause a couple of times)

Seated Leg Curl: 1 X 100 x 50 pounds

Seated Calf press: 3 x 25 x 75 pounds

Abdominals: 5 x 20 reps

Supplements:

I am watching the Winter Olympics and really respect all of the athletes.

Old Navy
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Squats:
    4 x 8 x 175
    1 x 30 x 150

3 x 6 x 170

2 x 6 x 35 pound dumb bells 1 x 20 x 25 both legs

3 x 6 x 150

3 x 10 x 150

2 X 30 x 50 pound dumb bells (did 40 reps on the drop set)

Lat Pull Downs:
    2 X 12 x 140

Cable Rows:
    2 X 12 x 155

Cable Curls:
    2 X 12 x 70

Peck Deck:
    1 X 50 x 45

Machine Laterals:
    1 X 50 x 22.5

1 x 50 x 125

Friday, February 19, 2010

Incline Dumbbell Press: 2 x 6 x 40 and drop 1 x 20 x 37.5

Dumb Bell Flat Bench: 2 x 6 x 55

Push Press (chest machine): 3 x 6 x 175

Side Laterals (seated): 2 x 6 x 20

Bent Over Laterals: 2 x 6 x 25

Decline Dumb Bell Triceps Extensions: 3 x 6 x 25 with slow negatives

Seated Leg Curls: 2 X 12 x 155

Calf Press: 3 X 20 x 115 (feet straight, toes in, heels in)

Jump Rope - 2 minutes

Supplements:

This is the second week of The Phoenix. I added a small amount of weight to most exercises.

Old Navy
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Monday, February 22, 2010

Pull Ups, medium grip: 5 x 10

Dumbbell Row: 2 x 6 x 40.0 pound dumbbells, 1 x 20 x 35 pounders (whew)

Pull Down with V bar: 3 x 6 x 140 pounds

Rack Dead Lifts: 2 x 6 x 140, 1 x 30 x 125

Curls: 2 x 6 x 30 pound dumbbells, 1 x 20 x 25 pound dumb bells

Preacher Curl: 2 x 8 x 60 with 1/4 reps

Dumbbell Bench/Flies: 3 x 12 x 35 pound dumbbells

Upright Row, medium grip: 2 X 12 x 105

Seated Triceps Extension: 2 x 12 x 50 pounds

Leg Extension: 1 x 100 x 50 pounds (made it. I'll up the weight next time)

Seated Leg Curl: 1 X 100 x 50 pounds (same here)

Seated Calf press: 3 x 25 x 80 pounds

Abdominals: 5 x 20 reps

Supplements:

Excellent work out. It's good to change what you are doing from time to time. Keeps it interesting.

Old Navy
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Squats:
    4 x 8 x 180
    1 x 30 x 155

3 x 6 x 175

2 x 6 x 40 pound dumb bells 1 x 20 x 30 both legs

3 x 6 x 155

3 x 10 x 155

Lat Pull Downs:
    2 X 12 x 145

Cable Rows:
    2 X 12 x 155

Cable Curls:
    2 X 12 x 70

Peck Deck:
    1 X 50 x 45

Machine Laterals:
    1 X 50 x 22.5

1 x 50 x 125

Friday, February 26, 2010

Incline Dumbbell Press: 2 x 6 x 45 and drop 1 x 20 x 40

Dumb Bell Flat Bench: 2 x 6 x 60

Push Press (chest machine): 3 x 6 x 180

Side Laterals (seated): 2 x 6 x 22.5

Decline Dumb Bell Triceps Extensions: 3 x 6 x 30 with slow negatives

Seated Leg Curls: 2 X 12 x 155

Calf Press: 3 X 20 x 115 (feet straight, toes in, heels in)

Jump Rope - 2 minutes

Supplements:

This is the third week of The Phoenix. I tried to add a small amount of weight to most exercises.

Old Navy
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Monday, March 1, 2010

Pull Ups, medium grip: 5 x 12 (kicked it up 2 reps)

Dumbbell Row: 2 x 6 x 42.5 pound dumbbells, 1 x 20 x 37.5 pounders (whew)

Pull Down with V bar: 3 x 6 x 145 pounds

Rack Dead Lifts: 2 x 6 x 145, 1 x 30 x 130

Curls: 2 x 6 x 30 pound dumbbells, 1 x 20 x 25 pound dumb bells (maxed)

Preacher Curl: 2 x 8 x 60 with 1/4 reps (maxed)

Dumbbell Bench/Flies: 3 x 12 x 35 pound dumbbells (maxed, lose form)

Upright Row, medium grip: 2 X 12 x 105 (maxed - slight shoulder issue)

Seated Triceps Extension: 2 x 12 x 55 pounds

Leg Extension: 1 x 100 x 55 pounds

Seated Leg Curl: 1 X 100 x 55 pounds

Seated Calf press: 3 x 25 x 85 pounds

Abdominals: 5 x 25 reps

Supplements:

It gets tougher each week. But, on March 1st I came in like a Lion and I am going out like a Lion on March 31st. No Lamb for me.

Old Navy
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Weight: 151.8 pounds

20-Somethings

My training partner had to go out of town today so I decided to take a break from The Phoenix and have fun with something else. I did a leg and calves workout I call 20-Somethings. You can actually do 20-Somethings with any body part.

I did three slow sets of 20 reps of several legs and calves exercises. I tried to lift each set as heavy as I could for as long as I could and then dropped the weight one plate to finish the 20-rep set.

Leg Press 3 x 20 reps

Leg Extension 3 x 20 reps

Seated Leg Curls 3 x 20 reps

Abductors 3 x 20 reps

Adductors 3 x 20 reps

Seated Calf Raises 3 x 20 reps

Standing Calf Raises 3 x 20 reps

Total 20-Somethings Heavy Reps 420 in 60-minutes

Gotta Love It

Old Navy
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Friday, March 5, 2010

Weight: 151.6

Incline Dumbbell Press: 2 x 6 x 47.5 and drop 1 x 20 x 42.5

Dumb Bell Flat Bench: 2 x 6 x 60

Push Press (chest machine): 3 x 6 x 180

Side Laterals (seated): 2 x 6 x 22.5

Decline Dumb Bell Triceps Extensions: 3 x 6 x 32.5 with slow negatives

Seated Leg Curls: 2 X 12 x 160

Calf Press: 3 X 20 x 120 (feet straight, toes in, heels in)

Straight Arm Pull Down: 1 X 100 x 42.5

Jump Rope - 2 minutes

Supplements:

I'm starting to max out on more exercises. I can lift just so much while keeping my form and technique in check. I leave my ego in the parking lot.

Old Navy
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Monday, March 8, 2010

Weight: 154.2 (Up a little. Bad weekend.)

Pull Ups, medium grip: 5 x 12 (kicked it up 2 reps)

Dumbbell Row: 2 x 6 x 45.0 pound dumbbells, 1 x 20 x 40 pounders (tough)

Pull Down with V bar: 3 x 6 x 145 pounds

Rack Dead Lifts: 2 x 6 x 150, 1 x 30 x 135

Curls: 2 x 6 x 30 pound dumbbells, 1 x 20 x 25 pound dumb bells (maxed)

Preacher Curl: 2 x 8 x 60 with 1/4 reps (maxed)

Dumbbell Bench/Flies: 3 x 12 x 35 pound dumbbells (maxed, lose form)

Upright Row, medium grip: 2 X 12 x 105 (maxed - slight shoulder issue)

Seated Triceps Extension: 2 x 12 x 60 pounds (maxed)

Leg Extension: 1 x 100 x 55 pounds

Seated Leg Curl: 1 X 100 x 55 pounds

Seated Calf press: 3 x 25 x 90 pounds

Abdominals: 5 x 25 reps

Supplements:

I'm maxing most of the exercises in this plan. It's a good feeling, though.

Old Navy
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Squats:
    4 x 8 x 200
    1 x 30 x 160 (had to stop and rest at 15)

3 x 6 x 180 (legs were shaking at the 1/2 position hold)

2 x 6 x 45 pound dumb bells 1 x 20 x 35 both legs

3 x 6 x 155 (maxed)

3 x 10 x 160

Lat Pull Downs:
    2 X 12 x 145 (maxed)

Cable Rows:
    2 X 12 x 155 (maxed)

Cable Curls:
    2 X 12 x 70 (maxed)

Peck Deck:
    1 X 50 x 45 (maxed and crashed)

Machine Laterals:
    1 X 50 x 22.5 (maxed and crashed and burned)

1 x 50 x 125

Cardio Workout on Thursday, March 11

Jump Rope - 2 minutes

Supplements:

I am rapping up this stupid program (ha, it really rocks, it's just hard).

Old Navy
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Friday, March 12, 2010

Off-Season Weight: 152.0

On Monday I will begin training my clients and myself using a new plan designed to BUILD MUSCLE.

Hypertrophy Strength Training

Day 1:
    Incline Bench Press – 4 x 4
    Flat Dumb Bell Press – 4 x 4
    Wide Grip Lat Pull – 4 x 4
    Heavy Laterals – 3 x 6 each way (side, bent)
    Triceps Press down – 4 x 6

Day 2:
    Leg Press – 4 x 4
    Squats – 4 x 6
    Hack Squat – 4 x 5
    Leg Curl – 4 x 5
    Leg Extension – 3 x 4
    Calf Raises – 3 x 10

Day 3:
    Dips – 4 x 4 (add hanging weight as needed)
    Incline Dumb Bell Flies 3 x 4
    Shoulder Press – 4 x 4
    Close Grip Bench Press – 4 x 4
    Decline Triceps Extension – 3 x 6

Day 4:
    Reverse Grip Barbell Row – 4 x 4
    Medium Grip Lat Pull – 4 x 4
    Medium Grip Chin-ups – 4 x 6
    Barbell Curl – 4 x 4
    Preacher or Dumb Bell Curl – 4 x 6

Cardio:
    After training 30 min. 4 X week, moderate pace at 70% VO2 Max

Notice there are only 4, 5, or 6 reps in each set. This is a Heavy Lifting plan, so pick a weight where you will come close to failure at the end of each set. Be deliberate in your pace. Squeeze the muscle at the top of the lift. Lower the weight slowly for negative effect. Try for a four-count rep. One count, power up, then, two, three and four count, a slow decent.

Do Day 1 and Day 2, rest a day, and then do Day 3 and Day 4. Take the weekend off.

Supplements:

Tomorrow I am driving from Birmigham to Trinity, Alabama near Huntsville, to conduct a posing clinic and contest prep seminar at The Rock Fitness Center for four bodybuilders and two figure competitors. They are all training for upcoming shows.

Old Navy
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Monday, March 15, 2010

Day 1

Incline Bench Press
    4 x 4 x 52.5 pound dumb bells

Flat Dumb Bell Press
    4 x 4 x 52.5 pound dumb bells

Wide Grip Lat Pull
    4 x 4 x 136 pounds

Heavy Laterals Side
    3 x 6 x 17.5 pound dumb bells

Heavy Laterals Bent
    3 x 6 x 20 pound dumb bells

Triceps Press down
    4 x 6 x 50 pounds

Every rep was performed with a four count. 1, power lift, 2, 3, 4 controlled decent for the negative effect. The muscle group exercised in each lift stayed fully engaged. Great workout.

Supplements:

Old Navy
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day

Off-Season Weight: 153.0

Day Two

Leg Press
    4 x 6 x 300 pounds

Squats
    4 x 6 x 200 pounds

Hack Squat
    4 x 5 x 150 pounds

Leg Curl
    4 x 5 x 150 pounds

Leg Extension
    3 x 4 x 125 pounds

Calf Raises
    3 x 10 x 150 pounds

Each rep was done with a one-count push and a three-count negative.

Cardio:

After training 30-minutes of moderate speed treadmill.

Supplements:

Doing the work by controlling the pace of each rep gives me an excellent pump.

Old Navy
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Monday, March 22, 2010

Off-Season Weight: 149.0

Weight loss breakthrough. Lose five pounds in two days. How? Contract a stomach virus. I did just that last Wednesday and spent Thursday and Friday with my head in the toilet and Saturday and Sunday in bed, recovering from the illness. I hit the gym this morning wondering how I would train. I did better than I had hoped.

Back and Biceps

Reverse Grip Barbell Row
    4 x 4 x 125 pounds

Medium Grip Lat Pull
    4 x 4 x 130 pounds

Medium Grip Chin-ups
    4 x 6 x bodyweight

Barbell Curl
    4 x 4 x 60 pounds

Dumb Bell Curl
    4 x 6 x 27.5 pounds

Each rep in this workout was performed with a slow four-count, squeezing the muscle at the top of the rep and lowering the weight for three counts to control the negative.

Cardio:
    30 minutes, moderate pace at 70% VO2 Max

Supplements:

Old Navy
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Off-Season Weight: 151.8 pounds

Legs and Calves

Leg Press
    4 x 6 x 310 pounds

Squats
    4 x 6 x 210 pounds

Hack Squat
    4 x 5 x 160 pounds

Leg Curl
    4 x 5 x 155 pounds

Leg Extension
    3 x 4 x 130 pounds

Calf Raises
    3 x 10 x 155 pounds

Cardio:

Supplements:

Doing the work by controlling the pace of each rep gives me an excellent pump.

Old Navy
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Friday, March 26, 2010

Off-Season Weight: 151.0

Chest, Shoulders and Triceps:

Dips
    4 x 4 x 35 pound hanging plate

Incline Dumb Bell Flies
    3 x 4 x 37.5 pounds

Shoulder Press
    4 x 4 x 37.5 pound dumb bells (Arnold's)

Seated Behind-the-Head Tricep Extensions
    4 x 4 x 55 pound dumb bell

Decline Triceps Extension (skull crushers)
    3 x 6 x 60 pound barbell

All reps were performed slowly, power up, slow negative.

Cardio:
    After training 30 minutes of moderate pace at 70% VO2 Max

Supplements:

Planet Muscle’s 2010 Platinum “Best of The Best” Award

Planet Muscle's 2010 Gold Award (For Nitric Oxide-Based Products)

I'm fully recovered from my bout of stomach flu and will hit it heavy on Monday.

Old Navy
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Monday, March 29, 2010

Chest, Shoulders and Triceps:

Incline Bench Press
    4 x 4 x 55 pound dumb bells

Flat Dumb Bell Press
    4 x 4 x 60 pound dumb bells

Wide Grip Lat Pull
    4 x 4 x 146 pounds

Heavy Laterals Side
    3 x 6 x 17.5 pound dumb bells

Heavy Laterals Bent
    3 x 6 x 20 pound dumb bells

Triceps Press down
    4 x 6 x 60 pounds - burn baby

Every rep was performed with a four count. 1, power lift, 2, 3, 4 controlled decent for the negative effect. The muscle group exercised in each lift stayed fully engaged. Great workout.

Cardio:

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Off-Season Weight: 151.8 pounds

Legs and Calves

Leg Press
    4 x 6 x 310 pounds

Squats
    4 x 6 x 210 pounds

Hack Squat
    4 x 5 x 160 pounds

Leg Curl
    4 x 5 x 155 pounds

Leg Extension
    3 x 4 x 130 pounds

Calf Raises
    3 x 10 x 155 pounds

Cardio:

Supplements:

Planet Muscle’s 2010 Platinum “Best of The Best” Award

Planet Muscle's 2010 Gold Award (For Nitric Oxide-Based Products)

I really like this workout plan. It's intense.

Old Navy
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Which to believe? Quest Ultra E2 or Standard Quest E2?
    By pcgizzmo in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-04-2012, 08:28 AM
  2. us navy
    By Bigguy851 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-23-2010, 02:05 PM
  3. Need bigger but...not bigger legs.
    By Aviad in forum Female Fitness
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 06:34 AM
  4. bigger badder stronger