Rantorcha's AAEFX Training Journal - Road to...

Page 4 of 9 First ... 23456 ... Last
  1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Hang in there!

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.82%

Well, where do I begin?!?! It has been about a week and a half since my show was complete and I still have a bunch of things running through my head. Here’s my version of the day’s events…

First, I have to say what a great day it was backstage. I was able to hang out with both Eric and Kyle (Hoss), who I consider two of my best friends. Two nicer people on the planet you’d be hard-pressed to meet. And Kyle lives about 1500 miles away, so that should tell you something about him. What made this even more fun was hanging out with Troy and Krissy as well as Paul and it made for some nice camaraderie backstage.

I know no one mentioned above would find this disrespectful, but what made this a truly great experience was that I had a bunch of family and friends at both the pre-judging and night shows. Most importantly, my girls were there and my uncle bought poster board and pom-poms for them to cheer with when I was on stage. Honestly, after everything, that is what I am going to remember most of all!

RESULTS:
    Well, here is where things didn’t quite turn out the way I would have wanted it. My goal was obviously to win my class and fight for the Pro Card. Well, in my eyes there was only one person who would give me any trouble. After pre-judging, I got a lot of positive feedback and just couldn’t wait until the night show. The posing routine came and went and it was time for the results. Unfortunately, I was called for 2nd place. While it was truly a bummer because I really did put all of my eggs into this basket, I accepted it. So, I went after the show for some feedback. One judge mentioned something about my legs and I just had to walk away. Legs are probably my best body part and they were pretty shredded for me being natural and for how big they are. So, I moved on to the one judge that I actually knew and respected from previous shows – the head-judge. After speaking to him I wasn’t sure if I was relieved or even more pissed! He told me that the guy who won had me beat in some body parts and others, I beat him. He also mentioned that my physique was more pleasing and that I had more body parts than he did overall. He said he had my in first on his sheet and that the judging scores were really close. So, of course I asked him…how close – he said, you lost by one point!

Oh well. I honestly felt like not competing any more at that point. I was pretty down, but didn’t want any of my family and friends to know it. I am so grateful for everyone’s support – here on the board and at home.

DINNER:
    This was probably the most fun of the evening. I went to dinner with my sister, my uncle, Eric and his family, Kyle and his family and Dave (d1swanny). And boy did we eat. Ooof! It was really cool to meet Dave (finally!) and it is always a good time with everyone’s family. Mine didn’t come out because they had to take my girls to bed – it was pretty late.

AFTERMATH:
    After my divorce mediation on Monday, and my vacation (from Tuesday until Sat night), I’ve obviously been away from the boards and it has given me some time to think. I feel a bit rejuvenated, although to be really honest, I am still a tad bummed. I will, however, use this as motivation. I am truly ready to provide the judges with no doubt where my placing should be next time. I am going to take a little break between shows because this year was pretty rough – between getting divorced and doing two shows within 5 months, it’s been taxing. But, make no mistake, I am ready for the challenges ahead. It may take a year, but rest assured, I’ll be back!!
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.55%

I would have posted earlier but my computer crashed and I can only get on it on safe
    mode. Sounds like you did great! You should be proud of the fact that it was so close!!!
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.82%

I have to admit today's workout was quite effective. I had a nice frame of mind heading into today and I didn't quite go ape-sh*t, but it was fun.

Not really a lot of time to write it all out, but I am ready to take it up a notch next week.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.82%

Week #2 of training post-contest has started. I must admit the last couple of weeks I haven't been on much of a diet at all and it shows. I am currently getting myself back into the groove. My diet will now be spot on, except for a little (very little) break over the weekend to "live a little". My training starting today will be ferocious and I will hold nothing back. Every single workout will be specifically designed to work on bodyparts that I feel I need looking forward to my next show. I am truly ready to make my vision, my reality.

So, last week's training was nothing more than getting the blood flowing and getting used to having iron in my hands again...still sticking with my cardio sessions. Today was the start of the serious portion of training. Here's how it went...

LATS
    Wghtd Chinups - 3 sets
    Corner T-bar Row - 3 sets
    CG Pulldown - 2 sets
    One-arm DB Row - 2 sets
    Stiff arm Pulldowns

LOW BACK
    Partial Deadlifts - 3 sets
    (it was nice to get the feel of deads back again. I wasn't using nearly the weight I am used to, but its not about the weight anymore! It's about building my physique to greater proportions!

TRAPS
    BB Shrug - 2 sets
    Behind-back BB Shrug - 2 sets
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.82%

Today...was a good day!

Chest and delts are a focal point for me, so this day is of particular importance. It’s a strange transformation for me when I change out of my work clothes and into my gym clothes. I really feel like I turn into a different person.

Recently, I’ve noticed that for these two body parts, I need to lower the weight and really focus on the muscle I am intending to do the work. For example, with chest I feel like I have been using everything (except my chest muscles) to get up the weight. Going forward, that has changed. However, I do seem to need to remind myself at times…and sometimes within a set.

Already sore from yesterday’s back thrashing, I could probably stand to get in a nap right about now! Can’t wait to see how I wake up tomorrow after today’s workout…

CHEST
    Incl Hammer Press – 3 sets
    DB Flat Press – 2 sets (nowhere near the weight I’ve used in the past, but who cares!)
    DB Pullover – 2 sets
    Incl Press Machine – 2 sets

DELTS
    DB Side Laterals (strict from the side) – 3 sets from 25, 15 and 15 reps
    Seated DB Press – 3 sets
    Single-handle Two-arm Cable Upright Row – 2 sets

CALVES
    Seated Calves – 4 sets that crushed me
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.55%

Do you do decline work with chest?
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.82%

Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    Do you do decline work with chest?
    I don't really see the need, to be honest. People could ALWAYS use more upper chest, but there is no one on the planet that I have seen that needs decline work. That's just my opinion.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.82%

Alright, boys and girls, I trust Thanksgiving was good in your household. Mine was fantastic! I had my girls the whole time and had my family come over for dinner at my place. We were in somewhat close quarters, but it didn't matter. We were together and we enjoyed our time together, which is what is most important.

I was able to get in all of my training last week, but was done by Wednesday. I basically took the rest of the week off to be not-a-bodybuilder. And although I still have some serious guilt about the food that I ate, it was somewhat nice for that period of time not to have to go nuts with my food.

It's time like these that make me realize that I am a bodybuilder through and through. I am not sure if it's partly an obsessive-compulsive issue, but I realized that bodybuilding is part of my being. I am really looking forward to training over the course of the next year to see what kind of gains I can make with a good year of solid, focused training.

My biggest issue will be my diet. I have no problems with training and even get in my 4-5 cardio sessions each week. After my first contest in June, I didn't really go too far with the ugly foods, but after this show I feel like I am going a tad overboard. I may need to ask Coach Eric what to do about that. I am making sure NOT to gain too much fat this off-season...even if it means I go on a mini-diet in a few weeks. Until then, I am done with crappy foods except for 2x per week...probably on Fri and Sat night.

That's the plan for now. I'll catch up with everybody tomorrow to talk more about my training.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.82%

Today was on off day, so no training. Hell, I didn't even do cardio this morning. I slept in instead and I think I needed it. I think I overdid it at the gym the last couple days that I gave myself a headache! lol I will say that I am sore as hell the last couple of days in my back, chest and delts. I must be doing a good job! I, instead, concentrated on my diet...not the most fun in the world, but a necessary evil.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.82%

I gotta tell ya… I am seriously kicking my own ass the last couple of weeks at the gym. I have been relentless on myself. I can really feel it now that I’m at the end of the week. My body is really sore…and very tired. I look so forward to the weekends when I feel like this.

I have also been giving my body rest from all of my EFX supps (although I am still using V&M Vitamins, ZMA, & LBA’s. I probably have about a couple more weeks like this before I start putting some back in slowly but surely. Eric recommended this, and I agree – the body just needs the rest. Plus I really believe it “primes” the body for when you start up again. I have to say, though, that my body really feels the effects of NOT using my EFX supplements. That just goes to show ya…you can throw up a bunch of cool studies that show how great a product (or product line) is. But if it doesn’t work in the real world, it just don’t matta! Lucky for me, EFX supps do BOTH!

I’ve stayed on my diet all week and now I am looking forward to tonight where I get to “live a little” by eating some pizza with my girls. YIPPEE!!!! Goodbye abs…I’ll see ya in a couple of days. lol

Here was today’s thrashing…
    DELTS
    Side Laterals – 2 sets
    Smith Delt Press – 3 heavy sets
    Rev Pec Dec – 2 sets
    DB Front Raises (1/2 regular way; Hammer grip) – 2 sets
    Side Laterals – 3 sets

MINI-CHEST
    Hammer Incl – 3 sets
    Life Fitness Machine Press – 2 sets

TRAPS
    DB Shrug – 4 sets (2 lighter; 2 heavier sets)

CALVES
    Seated – 2 sets
    Life Fit Claf Machine – 2 sets
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.82%

Another weekend passed with mixed results. I kept to my diet for the most part, but when I went off of it, I really went off of it. Nothing a little mini-diet or extra cardio can’t fix, right. Please…right?!?!? Lol Anyway, I had the girls this weekend and we put up our tree, read some books, watched movies, went to the stores to do some Christmas shopping. I even had time to watch football!!! We had a great time.

On to today…
    Woke up this morning and felt like I could have used more sleep. But, I got up and hit the treadmill for 20+ minutes.

My quest for a thicker, wider back continued today in the form of a hellacious training session. Holy crap, was I spent after this one…sweating like a dog…bent over from exhaustion after each rep from the middle until the end.

LATS
    Chin-ups – 3 BW sets going slow and controlled making sure to squeeze each rep.
    Smith Mach. Rack Deads (mid-shin) – 405/10, 405/11, 405/12 (someone is going to have to explain to me how I got stronger with each set!)
    Corner T-bar Row – 3 sets at 205 for 8-10 reps
    DB Row – 2 sets at 105 & 115, respectively for 11 and 9 reps.
    Stiff-arm Pulldowns (Rope)

CALVES
    Leg Press Calf – 2 sets of 18 and 13 reps…total failure!
    Seated Calf – 2 sets of who knows, but to total failure
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.82%

Well if Monday was brutal, Tuesday was exhausting. And sore…sore is putting it lightly. I crushed myself yesterday.

The day started as normal with 20 minutes of cardio…but I did an extra 5 minutes because of weekend guilt. lol

CHEST
    Smith Incl Press – 2 sets
    Free Motion Chest Press Mach – 2 sets
    Dips – 2 sets
    Hammer Incl Press – 3 sets

DELTS
    DB Press – 2 sets
    Side Laterals – 3sets
    DB Upright Row

ABS
    V-ups – 3 sets
    Decl Crunch – 1 set
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.82%

Yesterday was my off day, but because my diet wasn’t exactly spot-on the last couple weeks, I decided to wake up and do cardio. Instead of 20 minutes, I did 25 minutes on my home-treadmill. I went through the rest of the day being good on my diet…although it was mentally tough. I don’t know why it has been so hard to keep on my diet lately, when it is relatively easy during contest prep.

Today, I woke up and did cardio again…this time for the regular 20 minutes. And, a little while ago, I came back from my training session. While I wasn’t quite at my best to start energy-wise, I pushed through and actually had a pretty decent workout!

Since I only train quads once every two weeks, I really make sure to thrash them as hard as I can while still maintaining the focus on what I want to do. I am pretty much done building mass at this point, so it’s all about refining the muscle and making sure I do targeted glute work.

HAMS
    Stiff-Leg Deads
    265/13, 265/12
    Lying Leg Curl
    125/13, 125/8+1
    Seated Leg Curl
    130/15, 130/15

QUADS/GLUTES
    Walking Lunges – 100/36 steps, 100/34
    I decided to start with these to kind of pre-exhaust my quads…I wanted to see how I would react
    Leg Press – 540/13, 540/12
    Rev Hack Squat – 320/12, 320/12
    Leg Ext – 100/15, 100/12+1 (slow and contract)

Adduction – 115/20
    Abduction – 115/25
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.82%

It’s been a couple of days since I posted, so let me give everyone a quick run down of what’s been going on.

Friday, I started the day off with cardio – 22 minutes (I did an extra 2 minutes to get to 250 calories, knowing full well the cal count doesn’t mean anything.) I did Triceps, Biceps & Calves in the afternoon. My left elbow is really bothering me lately, but I am working through it. At this point, it looks like any tricep extension exercise is pretty much out, so I am constantly inventing ways to increase my tricep size…as this is a bodypart I NEED to improve.

I did cardio on both Saturday and Sunday - on Sat in the morning and in the afternoon on Sunday. I NEED to try to keep my bf down.

Monday was the start of a new training week. After getting in my cardio in the morning, it was time to focus on training in the afternoon. I decided to make this a HYBRID week of Power, Rep Range, Shock.

LATS - Hybrid
    Smith Rev Grip Rows (1x13-15, 10-12, 7-9)
    255/14, 275/12, 295/8+1
    Chin-ups
    BW+45/5, BW+35/6 (reduced weight because I still wanted to squeeze at the top)
    Seated Row
    210/10, 210/10
    Underhand Grip Pulldown ss/ Rope Stiff-arm Pulldown
    195/10…110/11
    195/9…110/9+2

Mini-DELTS
    Side Laterals – strict from the side
    20/15, 25/16, 30/11
    30/9+1…drop..22.5/6
    Life Fit-Machine Press
    115/11, 115/9 (my delts were screaming after the side laterals)

CALVES
    Seated – 90/25, 115/18
    Leg Press – 450/15, 450/15

Today, I started with cardio as usual. Again, I used Hybrid style for Chest.

CHEST
    DB Incl Press-Angled hands (1x13-15, 10-12, 7-9) – 3 sets of 14, 11, & 9 reps. I did these slow to really feel the muscle working
    Smith Incl Press (2x4-6) – after the rep range sets, it was tough to do power…which was this point. I did sets of 6, 7, and I increased the weight on the last set to get 4-1/2 reps.
    Pullovers ss/ Incl Flye
    80/15…45/9
    90/12…45/8

HAMS/GLUTES – was still sore from last week’s thrashing, so I decided to take it a little easier weight-wise, but concentrate on the contraction more.
    Lying Leg Curl
    110/15, 110/10
    Lying Leg Curl (Glute Crunch)
    50/12, 50/12
    DB Stiff Leg Deads
    90/15, 105/12
    Abduction ss/ Adduction
    130/25…105/20
    130/20…105/15

ABS
    Lying Leg Lifts – 3 sets of 12-15
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.82%

Today is my off day and I decided early on that my body needed a true off day. I have been doing cardio in the morning for the last 10 days. So, it was time. I slept in a little bit (5:50am-haha), but had a weird night sleep.

Today is all about eating…making sure I stay on my diet. Actually, I am taking today as a very-reduced carb day. I only had 30g of carbs with my first meal and am only having healthy fats with each meal the rest of the day. I NEED to stay leaner this off-season.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.82%

What a strange day so far. The weather has been lousy, so the mood throughout the day has been rather somber. I woke up this morning determined to smoke today's workout, and I did, but it wasn't easy!

I got my pre-workout meal in and felt ok...off to the gym! Once I got there, something strange happened - I started to feel a tad light-headed for some reason. I'm not sure why, but it started off looking like it was NOT going to be a good day. But once I hit my first couple of sets - even though I was pretty dizzy afterwards - I was off to the races.

BICEPS
    90 degree EZ bar Preacher Curl (1x13-15, 10-12)
    65/15, 65/11
    DB Curl (5-7)
    50/7, 50/6
    Lying Top Cable (drop)
    120/10..90/8
    120/10..100/5

TRICEPS
    Rope Pressdown (13-15, 10-12, 7-9)
    90/21 (too light), 110/8+2 (too heavy..lol), 110/8
    Dip Machine (5-7)
    230/10 (too light...again), 260/7, 260/6
    Rev Grip Pressdown (drop)
    90/15...70/7

Mini-LATS
    Rack Deads
    405/12, 405/12
    Corner CG T-bar Row
    4plts/12; 5plts/7
    Pulldowns
    180/10, 180/8..drop..150/6
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.82%

After a great workout on Friday, it was smooth sailing until today. I enjoyed my time over the weekend with the girls (and can’t wait until Christmas Eve)!!! I was even able to include some relaxing in there as well. Lucky for me, after today, I have off from work until January 4th! WOO HOO!!

But that doesn’t mean that I am stopping from working out. Matter of fact, I am moving around my schedule so I can get in a workout with Broser. I get jacked up when we train together. Too bad we don’t live closer to each other…no telling what kind of gains I could have if we trained together.

Anyway, it’ll probably be hit-n-miss with me being on the boards, since I’ve got my girls all of next week for their winter break. But here is today’s fun…

LATS
    Pulldowns
    210/8, 210/8, 195/9..drop..165/5..drop..135/5
    Life Fitness Rev Grip Seated Row
    235/10, 235/10
    One-arm Row
    100/15, 100/12
    CG High Seated Row
    195/10, 195/10
    Smith WG Bent Row
    185/12, 185/13..drop..135/9

TRAPS
    DB Shrug (70/10..warmup)
    100/15, 100/13
    Pulldown to Top of Head
    105/16, 105/15

LOW BACK
    Rack Deads
    405/10, 405/10
    Hyperext
    BW/25

ABS

Oh, and cardio was done this morning! No rest for the weary. Since I have resolved the fact that my diet will be a tad off the next couple of weeks, I need to stay on track with cardio.
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.82%

My last post here was on Monday, 12/21 and my last workout was with Eric Broser at his place on 12/23. I decided I was going to use that time to rest, relax and let loose a little bit. I was able to enjoy my girls Christmas Eve and into the morning, plus the whole last week of their vacation. MAN, did I have fun with them!! It was a perfect end to the old year and beginning to the New Year!

Now that it's the New Year, I was excited to get back at the gym. Same goals for the New Year apply! It's time to make 2010, the best year to date...

BACK
    Rev Grip Smith BB Row: 255/10, 13
    Chinups: bw/ 11, 9
    CG Seated Row: 190/10, 10
    Hammer Rev Pulldowns: 90each side/10, 9
    Rope Stiff-arm Pulldowns: 110/10 x 3

CALVES
    Free Motion Raises: 3 sets of 220/15

LOW BACK
    Hyperextensions: bw/25, 10/18, 25/13

CARDIO - done in the morning on the home treadmill
  20. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.55%

I decided to cave in and run a new log too for the New Year.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.82%

I decided to cave in and run a new log too for the New Year.
    Hey Crader!!! It's nice to see ya around here again. I will absolutely be on the lookout for your journal!
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.82%

Woke up this morning and hit the treadmill. But that was after lying awake in my bed for over two hours. I woke up at 4am and could not go back to sleep. Not sure what happened, but I guess we'll see how it goes tonight.

On my way to the gym in a few...
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.82%

Quick update on last week...
    Majorly busy both at work and at home. Quarter-end and year-end at work brings about many reporting needs and with the new year, more and more projects are coming my way. I am really liking how things are going work-wise lately...so that's good. At home, I've reorganized some things, including my kids room to have things flow more easily. My closet got the once over as well. Plus I had my girls in the middle of the week, so getting on the computer was difficult to get to.

That said, my workouts were pretty crazy! I was sore as HELL all week long and after doing legs on Thursday, I could barely walk ALL WEEKEND!! UGH. Last week was my "normal" week where I hit each bodypart once. This week is my N.I. (Needs Improvement) week, where I hit bodyparts that need a little help once the normal way and once again in a mini-workout fashion.

BACK-Width
    Pulldowns
    195/13, 210/7+1, 195/8+1..drop..150/6
    One-arm Row
    105/11, 105/11, 115/9..drop..95/6
    Rev Hammer Pulldown
    90each side/11, 90each side/9+1
    Rope Stiff-arm Pulldown
    102/13, 120/11..100/6+1

Mini-Delts - I decided to concentrate all my efforts on side laterals with limited rest between sets
    30/12, 30/10, 30/9, 25/11, 25/9, 22.5/10
    6 Total Sets and MAN were my arms ready to fall off!

CALVES
    I tried calves, but they were still sore from last week and started to cramp, so I stopped. Since I do them 2x per week, I don't feel so bad.

CARDIO - was done in the morning at home for 20 min.

That's pretty much it for today!
  24. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.55%

Wow sounds like you were busy!
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.82%

Wow sounds like you were busy!
    Ugh! I AM! lol
  26. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.82%

Today started as normal with 20 min of cardio. Not a bad round of cardio...jstu got through it with SportsCenter!

This afternoon was Chest and Biceps. I was particularly "in the mood" to train this afternoon. I was ready to rock and roll when I set foot in the gym.

CHEST
    Incl DB Press - hands angled
    85/8, 85/6-1/2, 80/7..drop..65/6
    Machine Press
    195/11, 195/12, 195/10
    Dips
    bw/13, bw/11..ss/ Cable Crossover 27.5/12

BICEPS
    DB Curl
    45/10, 45/10
    Incl DB Curl
    35/10, 35/8+1
    DB Preacher - 90 degree
    35/6, 30/9

My arms and chest were spent after this one.
  27. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.55%

Sounds like you had a good day in the gym!!!
  28. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.82%

Sounds like you had a good day in the gym!!!
    It was a happy day!
  29. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.82%

It is Wednesday, so it is an off day for me I didn't do cardio either because I like to have my off days with no work what so ever. I call it "priming the pump" for when I have to hit cardio everyday for a contest.

I am staying consistent with my supps, though. I really feel that my supp regimine has been spot on. With the drug-free status and absolute purity of the products AAEFX makes, it has helped me get past some serious stagnations in my muscle-building quest. And at age 36, I can use every advantage I can get.

I'll give you a quick rundown of my protocol tomorrow...I'm spending the evening with my girlies!
  30. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.82%

Its unreal these days…it seems the more time I need, the less I have. I meant to get on the computer yesterday to give my update, but I had NO time and ended up having to go bed later than I wanted. Needless to say, waking up was not much fun this morning. But, I rolled out of bed and did my 20 minutes of cardio nonetheless.

I mentioned I would update everyone on my latest supplement regimen for this off-season. I am giving a TON of credit to my All American EFX supps for getting me past a very serious plateau last year and it is proving its worth, as I continue to improve at a much faster rate than ever! I really feel that the extreme high-quality and purity of these products make then second-to-none. So, here’s where I am at right now…

Kre-Alk PRO - 1 cap pre workout; 1 cap post workout
    LBA Pro – 1 srvg before Meal #1, 3, 5 (& one more in the middle of the night)
    CELL RUSH - 1 srvg pre workout
    NYTRIC PRO - 2 tabs pre & 1 post workout
    Kre-Generator - 1 scoop mixed with NF-Pro post workout
    LG-5 PRO – 1 srvg post workout; 1 srvg before bed
    HBM: 2 caps Meal 1; 2 caps pre workout; 2 caps post workout
    V & M: 2 caps in AM; 2 caps in PM

That’s my current/quick rundown. This is the Flex Wheeler signature series of EFX supps and they have really taken it to a new level.

Anyway, although yesterday’s workout kicked ass, today’s was even better. For some reason I was frothing at the mouth at the gym today. Don’t question it…just take it and say thank you! lol

BACK (Thickness day)
    Rack Smith Deads (just below knee..full stop before coming up)
    405/12, 455/6, 455/6..drop..315/6 WHEW!!!

Smith WG Bent Row ss/ Smith Rev Grip Bent Row – 225/12; 225/8
    2nd set…reversed the order (did Rev Grip 1st) – 225/11; 225/5+1

CG Seated Cable Row – 20/9, 210/7+1

Hammer Row-1 arm at a time – 3plts/8..drop..2plts/8

TRAPS
    Seated DB Shrug – 105/14+1, 105/14+1

I can now go home to take a nap!!
  31. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.55%

I know exactly how you feel on both sleep and time! I hope you get a good nap!
  32. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.82%

I know exactly how you feel on both sleep and time! I hope you get a good nap!
    Thanks, C. I made due. lol
  33. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.82%

Time to update…this weekend was quite a whirlwind! I had my girls from Friday evening until Monday evening. There is NOTHING better than hanging out with them and I seriously lose track of everything else – including updating my log…lol. So Friday’s workout kicked serious buttock. Saturday, while my oldest was in her dance class, I went to the gym to “get in” my mini-chest, calves and abs workout.

I did not go to the gym yesterday, since I was with my kids, so today started my workout week. I am also moving around my split a bit to coincide with when I have my girls.

CARDIO – 20 min in the morning on the Treadmill

BACK-Width
    Chin ups
    BW/12, BW/9 (every rep was taken with a pause at the top and at the bottom)
    Underhand Smith Bent Row
    205/18, 255/11, 295/6..drop..205/9
    CG Pulldowns
    195/14 (too light), 225/8+1, 225/7
    Rev Hammer Pulldown
    90each side/13, 115each/8 (cord for my music got caught an RUINED my set!)
    Rope Stiff-arm Pulldown
    130/10, 130/10

Mini-DELTS
    Seated Side Laterals ss/ BB Upright Row
    30/10..65/13
    30/9+1..65/11
    30/8 + 5-XReps..65/10

CALVES (still a little sore from Sat, but went ahead and did a mini-calf)
    Seated Raises
    4plts/8..drop..3plts/10..drop..2plts/12..drop..1plt/15
  34. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.82%

With the holiday on Monday and me being able to spend more time with my girls, I had to push everything back in my workout week. That, plus the fact that I am in the process of switching my workout weeks, and that means I am training 5 days straight. Looks like I’ll be taking some extra LG5 (Glutamine)!!

Yesterday’s workout was crazy! I hit Chest somethin’ fierce and followed it up by some very pump-inducing biceps. Of course, cardio was done in the morning!

CHEST
    Incl DB Press – low incline
    90/6, 90/6, 80/8…65/6
    High Incl Smith Press
    185/9, 185/9..drop..135/8 + 2 XReps
    Dips
    bw/13, bw/10+1
    Star Trac Flat Mach Press
    165/18

BICEPS
    Incl DB Curl
    35/13, 40/6 (SERIOUS pump!)
    Stand Alt DB Curl
    45/8, 45/7
    EZ Bar 90 degree Preacher
    65/9, 65/9

ABS
    Lying Leg Lifts ss/ Decl Crunch – 2 sets each

Today was equally insane!! I hit legs today and I really felt completely spent by the end of it. I honestly had to take longer-than-usual rests between sets.

HAMS/GLUTES
    Lying Leg Curl ss/ Butt-blaster using leg curl machine (in reverse)
    140/10…40/12
    125/11…50/12
    125/10+1…60/15!!
    QUADS
    Leg Press (1-1/2 Reps)
    5plts each/10
    5plts each/9

Rev Hack Squats
    3plts each/12
    3plts each/12

Leg Ext
    110/15, 110/13+1

Although my numbers aren’t very big – and not even close to the old days! – I can assure you that the effectiveness IS and the intensity is through the roof! Walking will be fun tomorrow and thereafter.
  35. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.82%

Boys and girls, today's workout was INSANE! I shredded every muscle fiber in my back and continued the onslaught with my mini-chest. I got some news today about my kids living situation with my ex that pissed me off so much (for my kids) that I took out all of my frustration on those poor weights!

BACK-Thickness
    T-bar Rows - I'm pretty sure this was a PR for me!
    5plts/12
    6plts/6
    6plts/5..drop..5plts/6..4plts..7..3plts/8 (could've stopped here!)

Rack Deads
    365/10
    365/9

High Seated Cable Row - using horizontal D-bar
    195/13
    225/8+2

One Arm Row
    105/13
    115/9

Mini-CHEST
    Incl Hammer
    90each side/13
    115each/8..drop..90each/7

Incl Flyes
    50/11
    50/11

DONE!!! I'm already sore and sleep tonight is going to be AWESOME!!!

On deck tomorrow - training with the ONE (literally and figuratively), the only...our very own - NATURAL FREAK! - ERIC BROSER I always look forward to it and tomorrow is no different
  36. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.55%

Hope the babies are okay!
  37. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.82%

Hope the babies are okay!
    My beautiful babies are great...thanks!
  38. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.82%

Ok, so if you read my training journal, you know I had to train 5 days in a row...for a couple of reasons. Although I have no intention of doing that again any time soon, I must say that I had an unreal week of training. So much so that I pretty much slept all day today (Sunday). I must have napped for about 4-5 total hours throughout the day!

So, yesterday afternoon, I met up with my coach & Natural Freak fearless leader (ERIC BROSER) and trained delts and tris. I will tell you right now that I have been CRUSHING my delts lately, but I have not been this sore in them for a LONG time. And my tris don't feel much better. We started with Smith Delt Presses - which both of us didn't quite feel comfortable on for some reason. But we moved on to side laterals and broke through some serious mental and physicial barriers stimulating serious fiber damage. Up next were barbell upright rows which pumped our delts somethign fierce. And to top it all off, we ended things with front raises using a 35 pound plate for some seriously high and effective reps - all of these for 2 sets each. We pushed each other more than we ever have and we ended up going past all of the rep ranges we set for ourselves. That to me was a sign of a GREAT workout!!

Next up - Triceps.
    CG Smith Rack Presses
    BB Incl Extensions
    Rope Pushdowns
    Bench dips for as many as we could until we each almost fell on the floor!
    This was followed by our usual cardio session of 20 brisk minutes

Now...here's the good part!! After our grueling workout, we went to a place that Eric has been teasing me with taking me for months now - a cheeseburger place that will knock your socks off! As you can see, we both we were in cheeseburger HEAVEN! Even the damn fries were insanely good. What a great ending to an kick ass workout!

Later that night we even got to get together and have dinner all together with our girlfriends. Not a bad way to spend a Saturday!
  39. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.82%

After not doing a DAMN thing all day yesterday except eat, go to the bathroom and SLEEP, it was back at it today. To be very honest, I was DYING today. I was still sore from head to toe from last week's hardcore workouts, but I pushed through. I plan on taking it easy a bit tonight - even though I have to do some cooking and cleaning.

Here was today's workout...
    Cardio - done 1st thing in the morning at home.
    Training - in the afternoon...

BACK/LOW BACK
    CG Pulldown
    225/13, 240/9, 240/8
    Smith WG Row
    225/13, 245/11+2, 255/10+1
    Underhand Machine Row
    205/18, 235/13+2
    Rope Stiff-arm Pulldown
    130/12..drop..100/9
    130/12..drop..100/9
    Hyperextensions
    BW/20, 25/15, 25/14

TRAPS
    Seated DB Shrug
    110/15, 110/14+1
    Behind-neck Pulldown to top of head
    120/20

What another fantastic muscle-building extravaganza! I went into the locker room to change back for work and I could feel my lats just hanging there...like two slabs of beef. The mind is a powerful tool, ya know!
  40. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.55%

Awesome back day!!!!! Now you can relax for the night!

Similar Forum Threads

1. StaCkedCop's training journal - A Iron Addict's Log -
    By StackedCop in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 746
    Last Post: 05-08-2014, 02:34 PM
  2. D-Humps Training Journal.
    By DHumphreys in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 148
    Last Post: 05-04-2012, 06:20 AM
  3. Training Journal
    By Pencil_Neck in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 5