Rantorcha's AAEFX Training Journal - Road to...

Page 3 of 9 First 123458 ... Last
  1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.46%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

How old are your little ones?

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.23%

Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    How old are your little ones?
    Sidney is 5 and Sienna is 2!
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.23%

Due to some work conflicts, I had to rearrange my workout schedule today. I woke up at 5:45am to hit the gym for a grueling leg workout. My plan has been to hit legs every 2 weeks and this week was the week. I’ll be honest (as I always am), I was looking forward to it, but at the same time, not. I went in there with a sense of purpose. Since I am only hitting it once every two weeks, I blast my legs into submission. And it’s even funny to me how badly I “F” them up…I have a seriously hard time walking down the stairs to get to my car!

HAMS
    Lying Leg Curl (drop…done as Glute Crunch)
    140/12…65/8; 140/10…65/8 – these always kill me. And to start out with them was a bitch!
    Stiff Leg Deads – 265/ 12 and 11 reps
    Seated Leg Curl – 160/13; 160/10…115/8+3 X-Reps
    It’s funny how when I try a contracting movement after SLDeads, it’s hard for me to get that good contraction. But, since I did a dropset on the last one, that sufficiently toasted my hams!

QUADS
    Smith Front Squats – something told me to try these today. I don’t know why! I can never seem to get this right. But I tried them anyway. I ended up doing…225/10, but this isn’t heavy enough to stimulate my quads, but TOO heavy on my shoulders. Lol
    Ft Forward Smith Squat – since the Front Squats didn’t work, I went under the bar…
    315/15; with less than a minute rest… 225/15
    Smith lunges – 135/12, 135/12
    Single-leg Leg Press – 3 plts each side/9; 3 plts ea/10 reps…then put both feet up and did 12 faster reps.

GLUTES
    Abduction – 2 sets of 30…really concentrating on the contraction
    I only had time for these…I may end up doing more glute work tomorrow on my cardio-only day.

CALVES
    Free motion Calf Ext
    200/18 + 6 X-Reps
    200/18 + 6 X-Reps
    Talk about sufficiently toasting my calves on only the first exercise!
    Seated Calf
    115/18
    115/16 + 10 X-Reps

CARDIO – 20 minutes on the Stairmill
    I really hate doing cardio after training now. I’ve gotten so used to doing it first thing in the morning and then training in the afternoon! But after doing legs, it was even MORE grueling. This was probably the most arduous cardio session of my whole prep so far….and it was only 20 minutes. Now, I have the luxury of going home and refeeding!
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.23%

Yesterday I felt great and I was hoping to carry that momentum into today. But if you know anything about getting ready for a show, it doesn't always pan out the way you'd like or hope. That brings me to last night...

I went to bed seemingly just fine when all of a sudden I practically jumped out of bed thinking it was time to get up. But when I looked at the clock, it was only 12:34AM!! For some reason my body was ready to wake up and I had no idea why. So, in the hopes of falling back asleep, I turned on the TV for about 1/2 hour. I finally got back to sleep and woke up again 20 minutes before my alarm went off.

Now I could have said the hell with it and started my day, but I decided to try to fall back asleep for those all important 20 minutes. And sure enough when the alarm clock went off, I wanted to kill someone! Not a good feeling at all. But I got up and hit the gym for my CARDIO session - the long version, since its a cardio-only day. I kind of dread these days, but I know they are a means to an end.

I'm going to try to find a way to get some rest tonight. We'll see how that works out for me. lol
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.23%

It's been a mixed bag of a day. I woke up and did my training-day Cardio on my Home treadmill. I woke up my kids and they wished me a happy birthday, which was awesome and got several phone calls and emails since then.

On a training-front, things were weird today. For the last couple of days, I've had a strange impingement on my left hand between in index and middle fingers. It doesn’t quite hold me back from gripping, but it is uncomfortable. In addition, I’ve had a nerve impingement right above my left shoulder blade and it sometimes shoots up my neck.

Needless to say, this caused a tad bit of a problem when it came to pulling from below upward. Add to that the fact that I wasn’t quite feeling it today. It was a pain in the ass!

ALL OF THAT SAID, I obviously didn’t let it stop me! I made sure to push through and go past the level of comfort during each set. No time to back down. After today, there are only 36 days left…a tad over 5 weeks…essentially only 4 hard training weeks to go.

LATS
    Underhand Bent Row - 3 sets of 11, 9+2, & 8 reps
    D-bar Pulldown - 3 sets of 13, 9, & 8 reps
    T-bar Row - 2 sets of 12 reps
    Hammer Rev Pulldown - 2 sets of 13 & 12 reps
    Hyperext - 25/15; 25/14..drop..0/10
    Rope Stiff Arm Pulldown - major pump!!

TRAPS/REAR DELTS
    Seated DB Shrug - 100/18, 100/18 - major stretch and contraction
    1/2 Pulldown to top of head - 2 sets of 20 & 15 reps
    DB Bent Over Laterals - 2 pump-inducing sets

ABS - ran out of time because I wanted to do some posing...

POSING - did one round of mandatories. Got some comments from some guys in the gym about my physique and were surprised how I still have 5+ weeks left.
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.46%

Happy Birthday!!!!!
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.23%

Happy Birthday!!!!!
    Why thank you, crader! That's very sweet of you!!!
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.23%

Last night was awesome...my family came over and I had my girls celebrating my bday. But without chocolate cake, it just didn't seem like a birthday to me. lol

I hit the CARDIO machine early this morning yet again and was ready to hit the weights in the afternoon. Once noon came around, I crossed that off my list with a fury.

Now, all that's left is to get my weekly update from Eric and follow the plan. I am down another pound and a half and am really noticing some nice lines recently - and not a moment too soon! lol

5 WEEKS TO GO kids!!!!
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.23%

What a great weekend! I went to my H.S.’s football game. St. Thomas is ranked #1 in the country and the team they played from South Carolina was ranked #2. It was even on ESPNU! Then I went to The “U”’s game against Oklahoma. And even though it was a ton of fun, I was SOOO tired. I took my food and supps with me so that was cool, but staying up that late was rough on me….to the point that I had to hang on the couch for most of the day on Sunday!

I woke up this morning and was still pretty tired, but I hit the gym to do CARDIO on the Stairmill. Training was in the afternoon.

CHEST
    Incline Hammer Press – 1 straight set, 2 drop sets
    Machine Press – 1 straight set and 1 triple drop set
    Incl Flye – 2 sets
    Cable Crossover – 3 sets

DELTS
    Smith Press – 1 dropset and 1 triple drop set
    BB Upright Row – 2 sets
    DB SideLaterals – 3 sets

ABS – ran out of time, so I’ll have to hit them tomorrow!
    Did some posing during and stretching afterwards which made the session complete.
  10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.46%

You're almost there!!!
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.23%

You're almost there!!!
    I am REALLY looking forward to it! I am really looking forward to a...
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.23%

It has been quite a whirlwind the last few days. Not only am I at capacity at work, but with my kids and some other things that I’ve had to do (life stuff), it has been hard. However, that hasn’t quite stopped me from kicking some ass in every facet of life. It’s just taking me a little longer to post some of my results. lol

Tuesday’s training was leg day again and I must say that I am pretty pleased with my legs’ progress lately. Although I don’t think I’ll ever have ripped glutes, they are certainly much, much different/better than ever. And I have pretty high hopes for the next 4+ weeks. In the evening, on the way to pick up my girls, I signed up for my one-month tanning membership. This is probably my least favorite part of the contest prep. I really don’t like standing there (albeit for only 7 minutes) and waiting for that thing to stop. But, MAN!!! What a set of veins I had coming out of that booth! Whew.

Wednesday was a pretty rough day. I started my day with my split cardio session #1 and at lunch, I went home and did my second session. All of this while work was pretty brutal. I had NO time for anything. Wednesdays are probably the hardest day of the week for me. Not only am I limited on carbs (since I am not training that day), but I am also feeling a little flat and a little more on the tired side. Luckily, it hasn’t been too bad yet. But I am ready for whatever comes my way!

Again, since I have my girls, I hit cardio this morning at home. And training, as usual, in the afternoon. It was ON today! I actually felt pretty good all things considered and I had a decent workout. I keep having to push myself mentally to get every ounce of energy into every rep I do. My back is pretty sliced already, but it can always use more muscle and width, so there is no time like the present to get it.

LATS
    Chin-ups – 3 sets. 1-sec hold at the top and bottom.
    Smith Rev Grip Bent Row – 3 sets of increasing weight from 185 to 255 with a dropset on the last set
    Hammer-Top Row – 2 relatively high-rep sets
    One-arm Row – 2 sets. My left trap/upper shoulder blade seems to be having a problem the last couple of weeks, but I went slow to ensure I didn’t get a nerve pinch.

TRAPS
    Seated DB Shrug ss/ Cable Partial Pulldown - 2 sets of each.

LOW BACK
    Hyperextensions – 3 sets with a dropset on the last one.

REAR DELTS
    Rev Cable Crossover – 2 sets

ABS
    Decline Crunch ss/ Twists – 2 sets of each
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.23%

What a last few days! Whew! I have a lot of catching up to do, so let's get to it...

FRIDAY
    I had a kick ass arm workout on Friday prefaced by a morning cardio session. Arms felt absolutely great. I've been doing some extra posing after training now and really enjoy watching my body transform. Eric made a few changes this week, including a couple of fat burner changesm, but none to my actual diet except for no more fast-dig carbs after training...all slow-dig carbs from here on in. And, I enjoyed Friday night watching the Yankees pull one out in the Bronx!

SATURDAY
    I woke up and hit the gym first thing in the morning to hit that Stairmill thing. Did my first session there as well as my second session before meal #3. After which I took a nice 1+ hour nap which really made my day! I did some stuff around the house, went to the store to get food, and rested for what was about to be a long evening. I already had it set that I was going to take my good friend (who just turned 40!) out to dinner, so that was rough, but I had my food with me! Then, another friend of mine had some family in town that I said I would meet and we ended up going out after dinner to a bar-type place. Luckily (again), I had everything with me that I needed (LG5, Kre-alkyline creatine, LBAs, etc.) and I spaced out my meals so that my last meal was around 2:30am. (Don't ask!!! What we do for friends!!)
    BUT THAT'S IT until AFTER the show!!!!!!!!!!!! No one gets me past midnight on ANY night and I am not setting foot outside my crib for 4 weeks. lol

SUNDAY
    First session of Cardio on the gym's Stairmill. Had a meal and then my massage therapist friend (Blanche) came to my house where she proceeded to destroy every fiber of my being. From my forearms, up my arms and into my delts and armpits! She ripped up my back unmercifully! And the pain didn't stop until she finished my legs, calves & glutes!!! And with not much bodyfat to speak of at this point, she got ALL muscle! We concluded everything with some serious stretching. I am not lying when I tell you I was SPENT and couldn't move. Unfortunately, I still needed to complete my second cardio session, but this time I stayed home and ran it up on the treadmill. After eating Meal #3, I decided it was time for a nap!!! And I ended up taking a very nice 2 hour nap while watching football. That was pretty much it for Sunday besides some household stuff including cooking.

MONDAY
    This morning I woke up feeling SORE AS HELL from that damn so-called massage! lol But, it was time for cardio and I hit the gym for the Stairmill again. At lunch, it was time to hit the weights. This week will be a tad on the heavier side with some drop sets

CHEST
    DB Inline Press (Angled hands) – 90/7, 90/6..drop..65/6 – very intense and very focused
    Hammer Incl Press – 115each side/7, 115ea/7.5, 115/6..drop..70each/8
    Dips – BW/16 and 15 reps each set
    DB Pullovers – 80/14, 90/9

FRONT/SIDE DELTS
    Hammer Delt Press – 90 each side/8, 90ea/6..drop..70ea/5..drop..45ea/8
    Rev Pec Dec – 150/22 (went ape **** on this one!), 180/11, 180/10.5
    DB Side laterals – 40/15 (somehow got 15 solid reps!), 35/15 (major pump!), 30/15..drop..22.5/10!!!

ABS
    Cable Crunch – 2 sets
    V-ups – 2 sets
    Side Crunch – 1 set of 15 each side
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.23%

Today started out nicely - as usual. I woke up and hit the gym's Stairmill. Got my cardio in and hurried home to catch the top of the hour's SportsCenter! I fell asleep at halftime last night and didn't catch the Fins finish. Awesome game, by the looks of it! lol

I looked at the calendar again today and it hit me pretty hard....after all of the time that I've been getting ready for this show, there are only 25 days to go! That is nothing! But with each passing day, with each passing workout, meal, tanning session, cardio session, etc., my focus becomes more narrowed. I keep visualizing my name being called for my weight class. There is nothing stopping me at this point. Hop aboard or get the f*ck out-the-way! lol

With that in mind, I destroyed my legs again. I am "special" when it comes to legs and I'm not sure if this will be my last leg training session or not. Regardless, they were pounded pretty damn good. Thank goodness I had my LG5 and Kre-Alkalyn Creatine from EFX! I needed to start the recovery process ASAP! Matter of fact, I almost puked during and after legs. It's going to be rough walking anywhere the next couple of days...not to mention how hard cardio is going to be.

QUADS
    Single-leg Leg Press
    3 plts each side/15; 3plts+25each/10
    Walking Lunges
    100/30 slow steps; 100/30 steps - after my sceond set I actually got an ASS CRAMP on my left side!!!
    Leg Ext
    130/15; 130/13, 130/13 - honestly wanted to die!

HAMS
    Seated Leg Curl
    145/15, 160/15
    Lying Leg Curl
    125/10, 125/9+1..drop..50/8 as Glute Crunch ALmost puked. Had to chill out face down on the pad for a couple of minutes to settle down!
    SL Deads - 185/12, 185/13 - super light and very deliberate!

CALVES
    Seated Leg Press
    4plts/8; 3plts/14; 2 plts/20 + 5 XReps
    Leg Press Raises
    5 plts each side/15+5 XReps
    5 plts each side/16+5 XReps

GLUTES
    Abduction Machine - 130/30, 130/30

Major stetching afterwards!!!
  15. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.46%

LOL looks like you had a pretty intense leg day yourself!
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.23%

I must say that I am not very fond of the days off of training for a variety of reasons...

1) I LOVE training and not training makes me not so happy
    2) non-training days are the days of much longer cardio sessions
    3) less carbs for the day
    4) and overall, the day just seems longer.

And, of course, today is a non-training day, so I'm not much in the mood for much. I hit my first cardio session this morning on the gym's Stairmill and plan to go home at lunch for my second session to hit my treadmill. And, after yesterday's leg thrashing, my glutes were KILLING me this morning on the damn Stairmill. Nothing is being held back at this point. I've got all my cards on the table...eggs in this basket and any other cliche you want to add.

Tanning and the grocery store tonight!
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.23%

I realize I didn't post anything yesterday, but there was a reason for that. Between work and taking my girls to the dentist, it was a long day. That didn't stop me at all from getting my morning cardio in as well as my afternoon workout.

Actually, yesterday's Back workout was one of the most intense workouts I have ever done. I had a pretty narrow rep range in mind going in, but my muscles decided that the number was TOO LOW! I just seemed to have more gas than usual and kept of rollin'.

LATS
    Wghtd Pullups
    45/8, 45/7, 45/6
    Smith Rack Deads
    405/15, 455/10, 505/5 (NEVER did 505 before!) I actually tried to lift it from the bottom once and didn't get it up. The second time...it was ON!
    Smith Rev Grip Row
    225/15, 225/15
    Hammer Rev Pulldown ss/ DB Shrugs
    90each side/14..105/12
    90each side/13..105/13
    Stiff Arm Pulldown (drop)
    130/12... 110/6... 80/6

DELTS #2
    Front Raise-across chest at the top ss/ Side Laterals
    20/10...25/15
    20/10...25/15

ABS - need to do tomorrow!
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.23%

Another week of training is in the books and with that another week is crossed of the calendar in anticipation of November 7th. Things are going as well as can be expected, I guess. I'll probably see Eric this coming weekend to have him eval me, so I'll wait for him to see where we're at.

Another great day in the gym today. I left nothing in the tank! Every single bit of sweat, every ounce of energy went into this workout. By my calculations, I only have a handful of training sessions left...prob about 11. Each one counts even more than the last. Win or lose, I want to make sure I have given myself NO EXCUSES.

CALVES
    Seated Raises -
    140/15
    165/13..drop..115/15..drop..70/20
    Free Motion Press
    240/15, 240/15

BICEPS
    Top Cable-Double Bicep Curl - 2 sets
    Incl DB Curl - 2 sets
    Hammer Preacher Curl - 2 sets

TRICEPS
    Overhead EZ Bar Press - 95/12, 95/10
    Pushdowns - 2 sets
    Dip Machine - 2 sets
    Rev Single-arm Pushdown - 2 sets

ABS
    V-ups ss/ Decl Bench Crunch - 2 sets each
    Side crunch on Decl Bench - 2 sets
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.23%

My friends. What a weekend! I probably had the best man-weekend in a LONG time. Check it out…

Saturday
    I woke up and hit the gym for my morning cardio session on the loved/hated Stairmill. After, I came home, ate and then went to see friend’s kids play soccer. That was the extent of me leaving the house essentially for the entire weekend! I came home, ate and got ready for my second cardio session at the gym. After that, it was ALL food and football all afternoon and evening…and add in there a nice hour+ long nap. I watched so much football, my ass turned into a football from sitting on it for so long. At one point, I was flipping back and forth between three football games – including the Canes - and the Yankees. So picture me eating, sleeping, watching sports all afternoon and night. AWESOME DAY!!!!

Sunday
    Did the same thing as Saturday morning, but I was able to sleep in until 8am!! Stairmill, food, food, but this time I hit the treadmill in my apartment for my 2nd session. Then I moseyed on over to see Eric for a quick eval. Everything looks ok, but I know in these next three weeks, I’ll have my work cut out for me. Let’s see how it goes! After that, I went to tan, got some food to prep and back home to do a little cooking and watching more football!

Monday
    Today started out the same as usual…at the gym on the damn stairmill. Today I felt pretty sluggish at the outset. Not sure why, but I just couldn’t get my gears going after cardio. Maybe I needed more sleep last night; or maybe the effects of contest prep are starting to hit for real now. Either way, I pushed through and was ok by training time. That said, it took me until the second or third set to really get going during my training…then it clicked! Here’s how it all went down…

CHEST
    Incl Smith Press
    215/8..drop..185/7
    215/6..drop..185/5..drop..160/5
    Incl DB Press ss/ Incl Flye
    80/6..42.5/8
    80/5..42.5/8
    Cable Crossover
    30/15
    30/12..drop..25/10..drop..20/15

POSE-STRETCH

DELTS
    DB Press
    60/9
    60/8..drop..45/5
    Side Laterals
    32.5/15
    32.5/14
    32.5/12+1..drop..25/8..drop..17.5/8
    BB Front Raise ss/ BB Upright Row
    40/12..80/12 (2 sets like this!)

ABS
  20. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.46%

LOL I loved the man weekend phrase. Glad you got some good down time!
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.23%

LOL I loved the man weekend phrase. Glad you got some good down time!
    Thanks! I sure did need it...especially as I look down the road ahead. lol
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.23%

Today was about as brutal as it gets. It started as normal – on the gym’s Stairmill at 6am. But when it got to training time, it was time to let it all hang out. This is more than likely going to be my last leg-training day. My legs are “special”. lol So, since I am so special, I decided to throw caution to the wind and absolutely thrash them. There were actually times where I was feeling extremely light-headed and a couple other times where I felt a tad pukey. All in a day’s work!

QUADS
    Smith Squat ss/ Leg Press
    275/12..6plts each side/10
    275/12..6plts each side/10

DB Step-ups on a bench ss/ Rev Hack Squat
    60/8 each leg…3plts + 25lbs/10
    60/7 each leg…3plts + 25lbs/10

Leg Ext – 160/15..drop..115/6

GLUTES
    Improvised Butt Blaster (using Leg Curl machine a la Kai Greene) ss/ Abduction Machine
    50/15…115/30
    65/15…115/30

HAMS
    Lying Leg Curl
    140/12
    140/11..drop..110/5
    SL Deads
    225/12; 225/12
    Seated Leg Curl
    160/12..drop..130/5

CALVES
    Seated Raises – 105/20; 130/15
    Leg Press – 5plts each/15; 5plts each/15

At this point, I am DYING for my LG5 and KA-Pro and counting the minutes until my post-workout meal! My NF-Pro protein shake and Ezekiel pasta never tasted so freaking good.

The countdown is really on now. At this point, there are only 2+ weeks left…18 days left…about 9 more training sessions…and probably about 21 more cardio sessions!
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.23%

Well, as you probably know, yesterday was my cardio-only and posing day. I hit my first session at the crack of dawn and my second before Meal #3. After having a pretty strange night where I woke up at 2:30am and not being able to go back to sleep until around 3:30am, I had decent energy thoughout the day. Quite surpising. Got through yesterday pretty unscathed and was able to have a great time with my kids the last two nights.

Today was a pretty great day all the way around. My morning cardio went pretty quickly and my afternoon training felt fantastic. It was Back and I went so full-force that I seemed to strain my neck a tad. Nothing that rest and some icy-hot can't deal with. lol

LATS
    Free-Motion Pulldown Machine - 2 sets
    One-arm Seated Cable Row - 2 sets
    Underhand Hammer Pulldown - 1 set; 1 more set with dropset
    Two-arm DB Bent Rows - 2 strong sets
    Stiff-arm Pulldowns - 1 dropset

REAR DELTS
    Rev Pec Dec - 1 drop set; 1 triple dropset

LOW BACK
    Hyperextensions - 1 set; 1 triple-dropset

All the way around, I got a great pump and feel like I built muscle today!
  24. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.46%

Its always a good day in the gym when you feel like you built muscle.

Though not sure how you survived on so little sleep the other day. I need my sleep these days.
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.23%

Its always a good day in the gym when you feel like you built muscle.

Though not sure how you survived on so little sleep the other day. I need my sleep these days.
    Ah, sleep is over-rated! lol
  26. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.23%

Another arm workout in the books, and yet again, another week is crossed off the calendar before the show. We are now officially at 2 weeks out! UGH. It is so bitter-sweet for me. The “process” seems to take so long, but in the end it seems to go by rather quickly. Right around this time I also tend to reflect on how things went, how things are, and what’s to come. I also get pretty emotional regarding all of the people who have helped me get to this point. No matter what, there are always people that surround you that make a difference in your life and have helped you to get to the point you are at.

My list would be too long to type…besides, I have to eat soon. lol But suffice it to say that very soon, I WILL list everyone…and it will take a while for people to read. One person I will mention right now is my trainer and, most importantly my friend, Eric Broser. I feel really lucky to have him in my corner when it comes to this contest-prep stuff. I am NOT an easy client to deal with – although even he will admit that I have gotten WAY better over the last year or so. lol He is a fantastic prep coach, but he is an even better friend. Due to time issues, we don’t get to hang out as often as I would like, but when we do hang out, it is a great time. And you should see this guy eat a pizza! Holy Sh*t!! But, I digress!!! HAHA

I just wanted to take the time to thank Eric (for the one millionth time already) for everything he does as a coach and a friend. With two weeks out, my physique has never looked like this. And no matter what place I end up in, I am extremely happy with the way things have gone. That said, I’m not exactly satisfied! No matter what I say, I AM going after the big prize. 

Anyway, after this morning’s Cardio on the gym’s Stairmill, this week’s last training session went like this…

BICEPS
    DB Curl – 2 sets
    DB Preacher – 2 sets
    Hammer Curl ss/ Lying Top Cable Curl – 2 sets of each

TRICEPS
    My triceps have hit a wall in the last couple of weeks. I can no longer do anything overhead. My left elbow has basically demanded that I stop. Not ideal, but it’s better than having to stop 8 weeks ago. I improvised and still had a kick ass tri workout.
    Dip Machine – 1 dropset and 1 triple-dropset
    Pushdowns – 1 set and 1 dropset
    Dips between benches – 17 reps and 17+3, respectively

CALVES
    Leg Press Raises ss/ Seated Calf
    1 superset; 1 superset with a dropset on the Seated
  27. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.46%

Ahh so sweet. You deserve the win alone, just for realising that although in the end nobody but you can do the hard work, there is always someone there cheering and critiquing you. Someone to help through the hard times when you get sick of dieting and help you to improve....lol Although I can't imagine you being difficult!

i hope you post pics of the show. I'm excited to see how well you do.
  28. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.23%

Ahh so sweet. You deserve the win alone, just for realising that although in the end nobody but you can do the hard work, there is always someone there cheering and critiquing you. Someone to help through the hard times when you get sick of dieting and help you to improve....lol Although I can't imagine you being difficult!

i hope you post pics of the show. I'm excited to see how well you do.
    Thanks, crader. That's really nice of you to say. I truly appreciate it.

I will post pics of my show...hopefully it'll be easy to post on this board. I haven't had very much luck in the past.
  29. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.23%

At this point, it's just about writing out the to-do list and crossing off each item as you do it. It started this morning with cardio at home since I've got my girls. It went pretty well for the most part, I guess. Did my morning things with the girls and chilled out for a bit. Got my 2nd session in at the gym on the Stairmill, which was a great session. Got thru it quickly and was absolutely drenched! Even cranked up the intensity a little more than usual.

Went home really quick to eat, then rushed out the door to go tanning and hit the grocery store. When I got home, I took a shower and had a nice hour and a half nap. YUM!!

Now I sit here watching football (Canes just lost in OT>>>>MOTHER F*CKER!!!) and gearing up to chill the rest of the night. Tomorrow...starts right back up again. And that's the way I like it with two weeks to go.
  30. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.23%

Ok, so...not much time to update, so I'll make it fast. BUSY AS HELL week at work this week with deadlines, plus I've got my girls all week since their mom is traveling. Can you say hectic?! The good news is that it is keeping my mind off of the contest prep process. That said, I am settin' up the pins and knocking 'em down each day. Just crossing off the list of things to do.

A Tale of Two Days...
    Yesterday's workout kicked ass! I was rockin' and rollin' through the workout and felt great. I did my post-workout posing and everything was fine.
    Today's workout was almost the opposite. Everything was a struggle today. I just couldn't get into that zone during my training for some reason. Add to that the fact that I felt really small and flat today. Could've been in my head, but my energy levels were way down comparatively. Oh well. As long as I come in at my best, I really don't give a shiz what I look and feel like now.
  31. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.23%

I just looked at my calendar and after a few more hours, I will wake up tomorrow with there being only 8 days until showtime. All of my hard work, all of my hours of training and cardio will come down to these 8 days. Ok, maybe I am overstating it a bit for dramatic purposes. lol Funny thing is, I should be nervous as hell, but for some reason I'm not. Go figure. It's not as if this contest isn't important to me. I'm just not stressing like I normally do at this time. Ask me again in a couple of days and maybe that will change, though. HAHA

Yesterday was a ho-hum type of day. I had REALLY low levels of energy, but I am attributing that to low carbs and a VERY busy day! Aside from two cardio session (one in the morning and one in the afternoon), in my afternoon session, I threw in some ahms/glute work. When I picked up the girls from school, we carved our pumpkin (we did a Cinderella shoe..they liked it!), watched our Casper the Friendly Ghost DVD and baked Pumpkin-shaped cookies!! I only have them at this age for so long, so I am trying to enjoy it as much as possible.

Today started (AS USUAL) on the home treadmill for my cardio session. This afternoon, training was great. Somehow my energy levels were back up again. It was ALL supersets!

LATS
    WG Smith Bent Rows ss/ Rev Smith Bent Rows - 3 sets each
    Lat Pulldowns ss/ Hammer Rev Grip Pulldown - 3 sets each
    One-Arm DB Row ss/ DB Shrug - 2 sets each

Mini-CHEST
    DB Angled-hands Incl Press ss/ DB Flye - 2 sets each
    Hammer Incl Press ss/ Dips - 2 sets each

LOW BACK
    Hyperextensions - 2 drop sets
  32. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.46%

Sounds like you had some good Halloween time with the little ones!

Wow only 8 days until you bring home the win!!
  33. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.23%

Sounds like you had some good Halloween time with the little ones!

Wow only 8 days until you bring home the win!!
    Thanks, C! No matter what happens, I am looking forward to it!
  34. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.23%

It is such an accomplishing feeling to finish a week of training and marking another day and week off the calendar. In a few short hours, it will officially be 1 WEEK OUT!

This contest will essentially mark the end of thie year for me and I have looked back over this past year and it has been an eventful one. Personal stuff aside, I have pretty much maintained my contest bodyweight, but not with the same structure! I am leaner than ever and I've put on muscle in some much needed areas of delts, chest and some width in my back. So much so, that people are stopping me in the gym now and asking me questions. That has never really ahppened before. HELL, someone asked me about developing their chest the other day. I literally turned around to see if they were talking to someone else. For this, I HAVE to thank ERIC again. My physique is NOT an easy one, believe me.

My genetic code only blessed me with one thing...big legs. Nothing else on my body has been easy for me. I don't gain muscle very easily - and it is much harder for me to get delts and chest. My legs are big and my quads looked ok, but from the back you could never really make out my hams.

It was ERIC'S plan and his diet that put me in the spot that I am in right now. My glutes/hams have never been tighter, I have what appears to be capped delts (lol), and my chest looks decently full.

It has been one hell of a ride this year...some good, some bad. But, bodybuilding-wise, it has never been better! THANKS, E!!!

As for today, cardio started it off as usual. For today's training, since this will pretty much be my last full week of training, everything I had was left at the gym. Here's how it went...

BICEPS
    Seated Incl Curl (drop)
    40/8...30/8
    40/8...30/4+4
    (did these two-arms at a time except for the last 4 on the last set)
    DB Hammer Curl ss/ DB Curl
    40/8--35/7
    40/8--35/6
    Fr Dbl Bicep Curl-Top Cable
    30/10...25/6

TRICEPS
    Dip Machine ss/ Pushdowns
    210/18--150/11
    210/15--150/9
    Rev Cable Ext ss/ Rope Pressdown
    80/15--80/8
    100/12--80/6+2
    Rev Cable Ext ss/ Dip Machine
    100/11--210/11
    Between Bench Dips - 18 reps with 3 xtra pulses

SIDE DELTS
    Side Laterals ss/ Single-handle Cable Upright Row
    20/20--140/12
    20/20 (R/P-16+4)--140/10
    20/20 (R/P-15+5)--140/10
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.76%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Good stuff, Warrior. I like the way you "hurt" youself. Enjoy the pain.
  36. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.23%

The day of reckoning is here! 6 more days and it is game on. It's funny how this last week before the show there is an strange calm that I have at times. I have my plan and I cross things off (each meal, each supplement timing, each training session and each cardio session) as they come.

With only 2 more days of training and cardio after today, the carb-up starting today, and posing practice giong well, I am more and more ready for Saturday. I just have to stop trying to wish it here already. It'll be here in due time.

Nothing too crazy at the gym today. It started off on the Stairmill for 30 minutes this morning. In the afternoon, I hit the gym for a nice training session...

CHEST
    Incl DB Press ss/ Incly Flye - 3 nice sets
    Chest Press Machine ss/ Pec Dec - 2 solid sets
    Cable Crossover (start at the top for 15, then another bunch of reps from the bottom)

TRICEPS
    Rope Pressdown - 3 sets
    Dip Machine - 3 sets
    One-arm Cable Pushdown (Cross-body) - 2 sets

ABS
  37. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.23%

Another day, another list of things to do crossed off! It's so funny/odd/crazy how so many weeks of training, cardio, meals and supplements come down to about 10-15 minutes on stage. It's like the Kentucky Derby. All that waiting around and it's done before you know it. It even seems a little sureal when it's over. Like..."what just happened?" lol

Anyway, today was the last day I am able to hit cardio at the gym (Stairmill) because I've got my girls tonight and tomorrow night. I thrashed my buttock muscles, as normal, in a ferocious manner! lol

The diet was pretty much the same with a tad more protein and a tad less carbs. I trained in the afternoon and I hit Back pretty good. I did some posing afterwards and I am really filling out nicely. I see lines in my legs that I have NEVER seen before. I see other things I've never seen before too, but I need the judges to recognize, so there's no use even talking about it.

BACK
    WG Pulldowns ss/ Horizontal D-bar High Seated Rows - 3 really good sets
    T-bar Corner Row ss/ Rev Hammer Pulldown - 3 sets
    Rev Grip Smith Row - triple drop set
    Rope Stiff-arm Pulldown - 2 straight sets to 15 reps

TRAPS
    Pulldown to top of head ss/ Seated DB Shrug - 2 sets each, but dropset on last DB Shrug

LOW BACK
    Hyperextensions - 3 sets with dropset on the last set

I must say it was a great workout. Posing was eye-opening for me. I may not be the biggest or most shredded in the show, but I don't care at this point. Don't get me wrong, I will be posing hard and doing my best to win, but I am quite amazed how I look compared to shows past. I almost feel like I belong now on a BBing stage and can hold my own.
  38. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.23%

Today marked pretty much the end of the cardio and training portion of contest prep. All that's left is posing practice, eating and sleeping/recovering for the rest of the week...and it's game day.

I woke up this morning, hit the home treadmill for 30 minutes and I was off to the races. Today's cradio session was probably more arduous than normal for some reason...but that was probably more mental than anything else. I made sure to give it my all, all the way thru.

Work was CRAZY! Since I am off on Friday, I needed to make sure I got my shiz in order and after tomorrow, I will have done that. Training was pretty damn good too. At the end I decided to have some pictures taken and I was somewhat pleased, I guess. Doesn't really matter what I look like now or how I feel...it's all ab out Saturday! lol

DELTS, BIS, a little GLUTES and some posing was essentially what I did today. I must say my most improved bodypart from where they were are my delts. I saw lines in them today (with a little added mass ) that I have never seen before. I am really pleased with that!

Anyway, I am off to eat my last meal and watch the Yanks win the WS! ;D (hopefully). Catch you all tomorrow!
  39. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.73%

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU RA! THE HARD PARTS ALL BUT OVER NOW ITS TIME FOR THE FUN PART! ENJOY AND BRING IT
  40. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.23%

I love the Final Week before the show. The anticipation...all of the hard work coming down to the wire...everything.

But, it is TODAY...the Thursday before the show...that is my absolutely least favorite day of this week. Right now, I'm tired, I'm hungry, there are no pick-me-ups, no training (which I love). The only good thing is that there is no more cardio!!

Meal spacing and lack of vloume are a problem and now I have a headache. Not surprisingly, I didn't sleep well last night either (but that is because of other things). After work today, I am going to rent a couple of movies to see if I can entertain myself tonight. lol I guess we'll see how it goes.

Tomorrow...polygraph!

Similar Forum Threads

1. StaCkedCop's training journal - A Iron Addict's Log -
    By StackedCop in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 746
    Last Post: 05-08-2014, 02:34 PM
  2. D-Humps Training Journal.
    By DHumphreys in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 148
    Last Post: 05-04-2012, 06:20 AM
  3. Training Journal
    By Pencil_Neck in forum Workout Logs