Rantorcha's AAEFX Training Journal - Road to...

Page 2 of 12 First 12347 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

So...today I wil begin by letting everyone know how unreal the pain that I have in my legs is from the ass kicking I gave them on Tuesday. A thorough thrashing then made things really difficult today - lol. Getting up form my desk was a bit of a chore, much less doing back and cardio!

Here's everything...remember, it's Power Week
    LATS
    Rack Deads - 405/10, 425/6, 425/10 (got CRAZY on that last set!)
    WG Pulldowns - 3 sets, but my forearm started to bug me
    WG Bent Row - 1st set overhand, but the forearm REALLY didn't like that; did 2nd set as underhand and got a good set out of it.
    Rope Stiff-Arm Pulldowns - LOVE these...such an insane pump (not a power movement...you caught me)

TRAPS
    DB Shrug - 90/15, 110/15, 120/15

REAR DELTS
    Rev Pec Dec Machine - 3 sets about 10-12 reps...just feels better

ABS
    V-ups - 2 sets of 20
    Cable Crunch - 2 sets of 20

CARDIO - 20 min on Stairmill. This was tough! My legs were already sore as hell. Then, to make matters worse, on Hack Squats yesterday, my quad tightened up a bit making it feel like a charlie-horse. With each step, I felt like saying...ouch...ouch..ouch. But, it got done!

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

This morning's workout kicked ass! It was arms day and I have a special relationship with my triceps. We have an understanding...we need to grow before November. SO, on that note, here goes...

TRICEPS
    Pushdowns - 3 power sets
    Seated EZ barbell Overhead Press - 2 heavy ass sets
    Dip Machine...this really kicks my ass

BICEPS
    DB Curl (start with palms facing backward and twist) - 2 big sets
    EZ BB Preacher - 2 more sets
    Low Cable Curl - 2 heavy sets

CALVES
    Seated Calves - 2 sets
    Standing Calves - 2 sets

CARDIO - 20 minutes on Stairmill...picked up the pace a bit
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Well, I had a tremendously fantastic weekend!
    - I marked my calendar for the next 13 weeks.
    - I coached my soccer team (even though we lost) on Saturday morning; then spent most of the afternoon hanging out by my pool listening to music
    - Spent Saturday night by going to dinner and it was kind of like "The Last Supper"
    - Sunday, started the day by taking progress pics.
    - Had another nice/relaxing day...checked my calendar again to see how many days left I had until November 4th! 8-)

Last night I had a bit of a rough sleep. I started not feeling so hot in the middle of the night and it carried over into training this morning. Not sure if I am coming down with something, but I am being extra careful. I tried for it not to hinder my workout, but I was just a tad "off" all morning. And cardio was BRUTAL! It was only 20 minutes, but all 20 minutes were very laborious!

CHEST
    Incl DB Press (Hands angled inward) - 3 sets
    Star Trac Press Machine - 2 sets
    Dips - 1 set (shoulder didn't like this one today!)
    Cable Crossover

MINI-LATS
    WG Pulldown - 2 sets
    REv Grip Pulldowns - 2 sets

ABS
    Lying Leg Raises - 2 sets
    Cable Crunch - 2 sets

CARDIO - 20 minutes on Stiarmill
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

It has been a bit of a rough go the last couple of days. I am fighting some kind of cold like a crazy person. I have felt pretty light-headed and weak in the mornings, then I feel better during the day; then in the middle of the night I wake up feeling pretty hot. Very weird. Anyway, that isn't stopping me from anything related to prep. All of my training, meals and supps are spot-on.

So, I guess I have some updating to do, huh?! I'll just say that Tuesday's afternoon workout (Delts/Mini-Tris/Calves) was excellent. I got over feeling like **** long enough to put in a good day's work. Almost forgot...I started Tuesday off by doing my morning cardio at my clubhouse on a Treadmill (the usual 20 minutes).

Wednesday was a cardio-only day and I finally finished putting together the treadmill I bought. So, since I had the girls, I did my 20 minutes on that thing.

I had the girls again last night, so my treadmill was again my best friend this morning for 20 minutes. Training will be during lunch...I'll keep ya posted!
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Wow!! Before I begin today’s entry, I HAVE to tell everyone here how shocked and amazed I am with how things are going for me BBing-wise. It’s been 2 months and a week since my June 6th show and I feel amazing. So, I was doing back yesterday and I decided to wear a tank top under my tshirt. About half way through, I took off my shirt and only had my tank top. I was overwhelmed with how I am looking lately. Now, don’t get me wrong, I haven’t gained 10+ pounds of muscle and don’t look like the second coming of Ronnie Coleman, but FOR ME, I have to say I don’t ever remember looking in the mirror and seeing this combination of size, vascularity and shredded-ness in my life.

I realize it’s only been a couple of months, but the only thing that has significantly changed is my exclusive use of EFX supps. I realize people will read this and dismiss it by saying “he’s just saying that because he has ties to it”. Yes, I do. However, if they didn’t provide amazing results, I’d probably stay pretty quiet about things. Now, I’m not sure what Nov. 7th has in store for me, but I can assure everyone reading this, that I will be bringing my best package ever!

Anyway, yesterday’s back attack was inspired partly by Hoss’ journal entry from the other day. Here’s how it went.

LATS
    Pullups – 3 weighted sets
    D-ring bar Seated Row – 2 sets
    Rev Bent Row – 2 sets
    Hammer Pulldown
    Hyperextensions ss/ DB Shrug – 3 sets each

MINI-CHEST
    Hammer Incl Press – 3 kickass and blood pumping sets!

CARDIO – done in the morning – 20 min on home Treadmill

Today’s workout…
    If you know me, I always keep it real in my journal. And, after yesterday’s kick ass workout, today’s was a bit of a struggle. My elbow/forearm was tight due to yesterday’s blowout and I had to keep telling myself to keep up my intensity the way it should be.

TRIs
    Incl EZ bar Ext – 2 heavy sets
    Rope Pressdown – 2 sets
    Seated EZ bar Overhead Ext – 2 sets
    Dip Machine – triple-drop set

BIs
    Low Cable Curl – 2 sets
    Hammer Preacher Machine – 2 sets
    Lying Top Cable Curl – 2 sets

SIDE DELTS
    DB Side Laterals –
    Drop set..35/10, 30/10, 25/10, 20/10
    Another set with X-reps..25/15..35/8

ABS
    V-ups ss/ Decl bench Crunch – 2 sets each

CARDIO – 20 minutes on Stairmill

Now I get to concentrate on relaxing, eating my meals and making sure I hit morning Cardio until
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.

Nice work, Warrior.

I am starting my fourth week as a AAEFX Sponsored Athlete, on the "Flex" stack 100%, including their NF Pro protein powder. I'm just beginning to feel the difference. I was a Beverly International athlete for most of the past three years. Now I'm AAEXF all the way.

What show are you doing on November 7th?
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Navy View Post
    Nice work, Warrior.

I am starting my fourth week as a AAEFX Sponsored Athlete, on the "Flex" stack 100%, including their NF Pro protein powder. I'm just beginning to feel the difference. I was a Beverly International athlete for most of the past three years. Now I'm AAEXF all the way.

What show are you doing on November 7th?
    NAVY! I was actually just telling a friend of mine that every time I pass a mirror, I have to do a double-take. I honestly don't recognize myself. I've been using EFX supps exclusively since June 15th and have made significant improvements. Improvements to bodyparts that I have been trying to improve for years! Between the Power/Rep Range/Shock trianing system and the EFX supps, I am really looking forward to my next show.

As for what show I am doing, if you remember, it is the NGA show in Coral Springs that you told me you were MCing.

Glad to see the EFX product line is making a difference for everyone who uses it!
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

I’ll be the first to admit when things don’t go 100% as planned…and this weekend had it’s issues! I had my girls and for some reason, they were just NOT cooperating. Sienna was totally “being 2!” which strained my interaction with Sidney (my 5-year old). (ENTER PARENTAL GUILT HERE…) In addition, I was hungry all f*cking weekend! lol

I did take some time to check out G. I. Joe (which I thought was cool as hell), but other than that, I am almost glad to be back at work on my routine.

So, back at it this morning. I started things off with CARDIO - 20 minutes first thing in the morning on the home treadmill. Nothing too exciting, but I got cardio out of the way. That left me pretty tired. I am not sure why, but I don’t feel like I am getting enough sleep. I may go home later and try to get in a cat-nap in the late afternoon.

At lunch, I hit Chest with Front and Side Delts. This is one of my favorite workouts!

CHEST
    Incl Hammer Press – went pretty heavy on these and felt every bit of them (3 sets)
    DB Pullovers – used 85s and still got a pretty decent 14 and 12, respectively
    Incl DB Press – used the angled hand position again and it really focuses the stress on the upper/inner part of the pecs (2 sets)
    Cable Crossover – did them until my arms almost fell off!

FRONT/SIDE DELTS
    Smith Delt Press – 3 sets
    Single-handle Two-arm Cable Upright Row – I know…long name for a small exercise. But VERY effective for MY side delts. I realize CG uprights are more for traps, but for me, for some reason, they hit my side delts HARD – 2 high-rep sets
    Front Raises ss/ Side Laterals – 2 sets…for the Front Raises, used the Hammer (thumbs-up position and brought them slightly across my body to involve some chest at the top
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Not every day can be as stellar as one wants it to be…especially in the gym. There are days where you will have to overcome some adversity to get the job done. TODAY was one of those kinds of days for me. I had a HORRIBLE night sleep last night. I started by not being able to fall asleep as I would have liked. Then, I woke up in the middle of the night at around 2:30am sweating my ass off and I could not fall back asleep. After about hour of just not getting comfortable or being able to stop sweating, I finally fell back asleep and then it happened…the F*CKING ALARM went off! It was 5:45 and time to hit the gym. Normally, I get off my ass and I am ready to go, but today was ROUGH!

I took my morning EFX supps (Lean Beef Aminos, Nytric EFX Pro, KreAlkalyn Pro and Cell Rush) and, after getting dressed and my pre-workout shake ready, I was out the door. Normally, Cell Rush gets my going pretty good. But today I don’t think a rocket launcher up my ass would have helped. That said, I pushed, pulled, and rang out everything I had in me to make it the best workout that I could. With only 12 weeks to go, there is no room for error or time for a let down.

Here’s how it went…
    HAMS
    Seated Leg Curl – 2 really nice sets
    Lying Leg Curl – 2 sets, but did them in drop set fashion with the drop portion done lifting knees up at half way point to include some glute work. Almost passed out!
    Stiff-Leg Deads – 2 more high-rep sets at 225

GLUTES
    Jeffersons ss/ Abduction Machine – 2 sets each

QUADS
    Leg Press – 3 sets
    Walking Lunges – 2 sets! 100/30 total steps on each set
    Rev Hack Squat – 2 sets

CALVES
    Free-Motion Presses – 2 straight sets; then 1 triple drop set…OUCH!

CARDIO – 20 minutes…5 minutes on Stairmill; 15 min on Treadmill. I just could not take it being on that Stairmill!
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

It's Wednesday, so there is no training today. And this makes me a little sad, but I realize the value and importance of making sure I recover well enough to hit the weights the rest of the week.

No training today, but cardio was still on the agenda. I woke up, took down my morning EFX supps and actually went to the gym (instead of getting it done on my treadmill) to ride the Stairmill. I must say, this was no easy feat. My quads, hams and glutes were pretty toasted and sore from yesterday's throw down.

When done, I went to the mirrors and did a quick round of mandatories. I really want to master this posing thing. That's it for now I guess. For the rest of the day it is my job to make sure I take my supps and eat my meals on time...and rest!
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Telling it like it is…sometimes it isn’t easy to do this. However, I consider it a must if you are going to keep a journal. Suffice it to say that I didn’t have a very good day yesterday when it came to my diet. It was one day and I am still 11+ weeks out so I am not going to die! But, the extra cashews I had yesterday with Meal 4 made me really mad. THAT isn’t me! Not sure what’s going on with me, but I’ve GOT to get my head right. My determination and desire will pull me through to my final destination…that I promise you.

With that, I decided to punish myself with a hellacious Back workout! If you are squeamish, I suggest moving away from the computer screen now before you continue reading! Lol

LATS/LOW BACK
    Weighted Chins – 3 sets with decreasing weight/higher reps
    Rev Grip BB Row – really focused on squeezing the back – 2 sets for 15 and 13 reps
    Corner T-bar Row – 3 kick ass sets, decreasing weight/higher reps...major mid back pump
    Rev Grip Pulldowns – 2 high rep sets. I started doing these again last week and I fell in love with them. GREAT lat-feeling
    Floor Deadlifts – 315/12, 365/9 granted, I didn’t set any PR or anything. But having not done these for a couple of weeks, my lower back already being sore from leg day, and doing these at the end of a pretty stout back workout, I was pretty pleased with my weight/reps here. And my back is REALLY pissed at me right now!!!

TRAPS/REAR DELTS
    Behind back BB Shrug – 2 sets of 20 and 18 reps
    Alt sets – Bent Rear Delt Laterals w/ DB Shrug…(rear delt) 20/18; (shrug) 110/12; (rear delt) 20/13
    I am totally fried at this point!

CARDIO – 20 minutes of grueling cardio on the Stairmill. THIS was not easy. It got so bad that when I was done, I was seriously light-headed as hell! What a great way to start the day, ain’t it?!
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

I had a great end to the week last week. Although I didn't post my workouts, rest assured that it was strong & intense!

So, check this out...
    on Friday my friend (who's wife was out of town) told me that I HAD to go out with him on Friday night. So, a couple of friends of mine, me, the girl I am dating and a couple of her friends all went out to a small club/cigar bar in my area. And while everyone was drinking, I decided to only dance my ass off (GREAT cardio!) and smoke a nice Arturo Fuente cigar. We were out until 2am! Now, I certainly don't recommend this for too many people leading up to a show, but it was a great night out. I almost needed it! I was tired as hell from it the next couple of days, but I am making sure to get some rest the last couple of days.

SUNDAY - TRAIN WITH THE GURU!!!
    On Sunday, I was lucky enough to hang and train with our resident guru & Natural Freak , Eric, at his apartment complex. We did Shock Week Chest together and while he hit delts, I hit my Mini-Lats routine. Suffice it to say, that I was DONE after this workout. We made sure that each of us left nothing at the gym. I read Eric's EFX Blog on the EFX site and he said he took a nap afterwards. And I must say, as soon as I got home, I took a nice nap too!

MONDAY - Cardio only - 30 minutes on Stairmill
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.

[QUOTE=rantorcha;2097583]

As for what show I am doing, if you remember, it is the NGA show in Coral Springs that you told me you were MCing.
    QUOTE]

I thought so. There is another show in Miami the same day, the 2009 FAME North American Pro Am Championships. I was originally going to compete in this Pro show on November 7th and MC the NGA show on November 14, but the NGA show moved back a week to the 7th, so I will skip competiting at the FAME show and MC at the NGA.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Quick update!!

Tuesday - did this in the morning...
    DELTS
    Side Laterals...
    1 single set - 20 reps
    Drop set (2) - 15 & 10 reps, respectively
    Triple drop (3) - 30 reps total

Hammer Delt Press...
    Drop set (2)
    Triple Drop set (3)

Rev Pec Dec...
    2 straight sets
    1 set ss/ with Cable Upright Row

Mini-TRIs
    Cable Overhead Lean-Frwd Ext
    ss/ Body-over-bar Pushdowns - (2) supersets

CALVES
    Free Motion Calf Press
    ss/ Seated Press - (2) supersets

GLUTES/HAMS
    Floor Rev Lying Leg Curl (ala Kai Greene) - 2 sets
    ---last set superset with Lying Leg Curl
    Abduction Machine - 2 sets 35 & 30 reps, respectively

CARDIO
    20 minutes on Stairmill

WEDNESDAY -
    CARDIO-only day
    30 minutes on Home Treadmill

Last week on Wed I had a pretty bad day with my diet. Hunger is a bitch! lol Today I MUST maintain the right frame of mind to keep my diet in order. With a little over 9 weeks to go, there is no more room for error.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Boys and girls...I did it! I thoroughly thrashed my back in every way, shape and form. I NEED A NAP!! No, seriously...I do. lol

I went in with an insane mindset this afternoon. There is something primal about working out in the afternoon (lunch time). I'm alive...I spend the morning gearing up for my workout and it blows by pretty quickly. So, anyway, I was ready to rock. And here is how it all went...

LATS
    Pullups - 13; 10 reps
    ss/ Rev Grip Pulldowns - 9; 9 reps
    started the major width construction with these and they did not disappoint.
    Floor Deadlifts (dropsets) - these pretty much made me want to ralph! And I was closer to ralphing today that I have been in quite some time!
    365/8...275/6
    325/11...275/5
    High Cable Seated Row (used EZ bar ext..couldn't find wide-D-bar)
    ss/ Stiff Arm Pulldowns (used Str8 bar..couldn't find rope!)
    2 sets each
    One arm row - was gpoing to be a dropset, but I got a pinch in my trap, so I only did one straight set - 110/10

Mini-Chest
    Incl Hammer Press ss/ Pullovers - 2 insane supersets!
    Chest Press Machine - 1 drop set

I feel bigger today than ever! I am looking forward to tomorrow to see what I weigh in at. Last week I actually giained a pound. Don't know what that's about. Could these EFX products be helping me grow into this show?!?! Well, if you saw what I looked like before and after...you might say YES!
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.

alrighty man i'm jumping on. i don't really have time to catch up on everything but i'll be following along from here on out
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Another week of hardcore training is in the books! It wasn't my best day, but it certainly wasn't my worst either. I did make sure to take things to the edge, but I might be a tad on the tired side. I woke up not fully refreshed for some reason. My sleep has been kind of weird lately...not sure why.

Anyway, I started out my day with a nice 20 minute cardio session first thing in the morning...after my EFX supps of course!
    Nytric EFX Pro
    LBA Pro
    CMZ
    L-Carnatine
    Lean Fix
    Today I went to the gym and did cardio on the Stairmill since my girls weren't with me last night.

In the afternoon, it was time to destroy arms and throw in a mini-side delts session for fun. My split is divided into two weeks now. My 2nd week split is WAY more fun because a) I get to hit needed bodyparts more than once, and b) I don't have to do legs! WOO HOO! (Although I do sneak in a couple of sets) And this week is my double-up-week. It's fun when it gets here, but sad when it's over. lol

Here is today's adventure...
    TRICEPS
    Smith CG Press (Eric Broser version) - 2 drop sets...Eric taught me a variation to this exercise that I tried for the first time today. It'll take some practice to master, but my tris were kickin'!
    Overhead EZ bar Ext ss/ Pushdowns (body-over-bar) - 2 sets each

BICEPS
    DB Curl ss/ Hammer Curl - 2 sets each
    Lying on Floor-Top Cable Curl - dropset...if you've never tried these, I highly recommend it. MAJOR pump and peak to Bis!!!

SIDE DELTS
    Side Laterals ss/ Cable Upright Row

ABS
    V-ups - 4 sets
    last set done as superset with Decl Bench Crunch
    Twists

A nice way to finish the week, I must say. Tonight, my plan is to go pick up my girls from school; since I promised, I need to stop by McD's for them; get a movie going; put them to bed...put MYSELF to bed shortly thereafter! I AM TIRED!!!
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

As everyone who reads my journal know, I HAVE to be honest when it comes to my entries. This not only shows that I persevere when times are good and shows that I am at times a mere mortal in not-so-good times. This past weekend was a little rough for me. And, I am officially 10 weeks out as of this past Saturday, so I realize it is only going to get harder!!

I had my girls this weekend, and although they are the most fun thing I have in my life, they also take a lot of energy to keep up with. Add to the fact that having a 2-year old can be trying at times, and you’ve got yourself a pretty thick dose of “tired”!! For the most part, I was able to keep up, but I will confess that I had a couple of momentary breakdowns – not in anything else but my diet.

This is SO unlike me and I am not sure what it is!! I have always been of the mindset that once I flip that switch there is NOTHING that can make me waver. Is it the possible stress of going through a divorce situation; is it trying to be everything to my kids and then some; is it dieting for 16 weeks for my first show and then only having a 2 month reprieve before starting another contest diet?

I am in decent shape already, and it isn’t as if I ate a bad of M&Ms or anything like that. Regardless, with 10 weeks out and me looking for my pro card, there is very little, if any, room for error. I want to be at my all-time best and I WILL NOT DO THE SHOW at anything less. Therefore, if I can’t get my mind “right” and have NO MORE issues with my diet, then I may have to back out of this show. I will not do a show just to do a show. On the contrary!! The only reason I am even considering doing this show is because I feel I started at a point where I CAN bring it down to possible Pro level.

But, I can’t be looking at things that far in advance. I am going to take it day by day. Today I will be perfect and we’ll see how tomorrow goes.

This morning, I woke up, got my shorts and shoes on and, after my morning EFX supps, hit the home-treadmill for 20 minutes.

TRAINING – this afternoon!
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

68 DAYS TO GO!!!

My "New Beginning" began at about 11:45am today. This was my lunch-time training session and it was as intense as it could get. I figured it out and with today’s training session included, I had roughly 36 hardcore training sessions before the big day. I can safely say that I gave my all today and look forward to tomorrow.

CHEST
    Incl DB Press (Hands Angled)
    85/9, 85/8, 80/9 – went pretty slow, held at the bottom for 1-count, and pressed thru to crush the contraction.
    Star Trac Machine Press – 2 sets with the 2nd set as a dropset
    DB Pullover – 2 sets
    Incl Hammer Press – absolutely thrashed my chest giving it everything I had

ABS
    Normally I do delts after chest, but since I had Abs on deck and couldn’t lift my arms right away, I decided to do Abs first. Lol
    Lying Leg Lifts ss/ Top Cable Side Crunch – 2 sets each

DELTS
    WG Cable Upright Row – 2 higher-rep sets
    DB Press – 2 sets with last set being a dropset
    60/12 (too light), 70/9...50/3
    Side Laterals – I seriously ripped up my delts to the point where I honestly couldn’t feel my shoulders! It was so bad that as I left the gym, I had a very hard time carrying my gym bag back to my car…even after stretching.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

The assault on myself continued today with my biweekly leg session. And just because I am only doing quads every two weeks, doesn’t mean I am giving them a rest by any means. Not only am I already doing daily cardio sessions, but when it is time to do legs, I am thrashing them into submission. There were actually a few times today that I was on the floor (literally, on the floor) trying to catch my breath before I could get up. And a few other times, where I was SURE I wasn’t going to keep down my pre-workout shake. And it was actually fun! There you have it…that’s the masochistic side of bodybuilding for ya! lol

HAMS/GLUTES
    Lying Leg Curl ss/ Glute Crunch – 2 sets each. This ham exercise with a glute superset has become one of my favorites. I do a standard set of leg curls…then, when I can’t do any more I drop the weight in half, prop my torso up a bit and proceed to curl way. On the second half, I lift my knees up and crunch my glutes. KILLER STUFF!

Seated Leg Curl ss/ Floor Rev Leg Curl (ala Kai) – got 2 greats sets each on these as well

Stiff Leg Deads – got 13 reps each on both sets. Got a great stretch.

QUADS
    Leg Ext – 3 sets of 15, 15, and 13 respectively! MAJOR quad pump and went past failure (if that’s possible) on each set, but especially the last one.

Walking Lunges – 100 pound barbell…30 steps each on both sets. On the last set, I had to do a little rest/pause action for the last few reps.

Single-Leg Leg Press Machine (sitting diagonally) – 2 higher rep sets. These pretty much knocked me out!

CARDIO – since I could barely move at this point, I decided to do cardio before calves. I TRIED to do the Stairmill, but after only 3 minutes, I realized it wasn’t going to happen today! So, I finished the remaining 17 minutes of my 20 required minutes on the treadmill.

CALVES
    Leg Press Raises – 3 sets total (20, 19, & 17 reps)

Seated Raises – 1 straight set and 1-triple dropset
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.

good stuff man. (am i missing out on the weights or is there something going on i've missed?)
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Man, what a ****ty night last night. I did not sleep well at all - I couldn't get comfortable, I was tossing and turning, I woke up with a headache, AND to make matters worse, I woke up at 4:30am!!! UGH!! I ended up actually getting up at 5:15ish, getting dressed, had my morning EFX Supps...

Nytric EFX Pro
    Kre-Alkalyn Pro
    LBA Pro
    Cell Rush
    CMZ

...and after throwing back some advil for the pounding headache, I went to the gym for my cardio session.

CARDIO - 35 minutes...all on the Stairmill

I went back home and had my egg whites and Ezekiel pasta (that's a new item). The rest of the day is devoted to maintaining my diet on course and getting my girls tonight. I love getting my girls...they bring some amazing enjoyment to my life!
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by natty texan View Post
    good stuff man. (am i missing out on the weights or is there something going on i've missed?)
    Thanks, Tex. Not sure what you mean by the "weights" thing. Did you mean what I used for weights? If so, that's done on purpose. Before when I kept a training journal, I used to list my weights. But, I realized that I kept using weights "for my journal" instead of using a weight that would be effective for me in my goals. From that point on, I'll list my weights sometimes, but for the most part, I don't want to fall in that trap anymore.

Besides, when I'm on stage, the judges don't stop the show to ask how much ya bench or deadlift!
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rantorcha View Post
    Thanks, Tex. Not sure what you mean by the "weights" thing. Did you mean what I used for weights? If so, that's done on purpose. Before when I kept a training journal, I used to list my weights. But, I realized that I kept using weights "for my journal" instead of using a weight that would be effective for me in my goals. From that point on, I'll list my weights sometimes, but for the most part, I don't want to fall in that trap anymore.

Besides, when I'm on stage, the judges don't stop the show to ask how much ya bench or deadlift!
    hahaha niceeee i like it. i guess i'm a little too poundage conscious from football...habit i need to break? idk...i'll give it a thought
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.

tried to rep you for that but it won't let me
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by natty texan View Post
    tried to rep you for that but it won't let me
    Thanks, but don't sweat it, Tex. It's the thought that counts. lol
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

It's obviously been a while since I was able to post. It isn't that I haven't been working hard, though. Work has been pretty busy and the personal life has been filled with little pot holes here and there. Needless to say, the mental energy I've exhausted has been rather intense. But, in no way does this deter me from my focus and goal of becoming an AAEFX & PRRS Warrior with a Pro Card.

Things are moving along nicely, I think, but I also think it's time to take things up a notch. I read an article from Skip LaCour once that I always remember..."No matter how hard you've worked, you can ALWAYS work harder than the last time." That has been my drive each time I set foot in the gym for training and/or cardio and with each meal.

Over the weekend, I got my changes and I had some drops in carbs and a little increase in cardio. Nothing I can't handle, but I was sad to see them adjusted nonetheless. lol

Sunday I had the luxury of training with Eric again - which is always not only fun, but also pretty inspiring. If you ever have the chance to train with Broser, you always leave with an extra sense of focus, drive and determination. After my eval, I think we are both somewhat pleased with how things are rolling. Like I said, it's time to step it up even more now, though.

Yesterday was Delts and Mini-Tris day, which I seriously blasted hardcore! And today is a non-training day, so my focus is my morning cardio (which is done!) and my meals. Only 8 1/2 weeks to go!
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Woke up this morning and since I had my girls, I did my morning cardio at home on the treadmill. It was a nice brisk pace and I actually felt pretty good. For some reason, mornings have been pretty weird for me. I’ve felt pretty weak and lightheaded and I am not sure why. But, by about 930-ish, I am ok.

Training---
    Boys and girls! Today was an insane day at the gym today. I can’t even begin to tell you the level of bile and venom I spewed. Here is how it all went down.

LATS
    Chinups –
    -/13+1, 25/8, 25/6+1..drop..-/3 (very strict with a hold at the top for 1-sec)
    Corner T-bar Row –
    4 plts/13+1, 4 plts+25/8+1
    Smith Rack Deads –
    315/10 (too light), 405/12, 455/7
    One-arm Hammer Row –
    3plts+25/12; 3plts+25/10
    Rev Grip Hammer – higher rep sets

Mini-Chest
    Smith Incline Press
    135/15, 185/10, 225/6+1 (hold at the bottom for 1-sec, squeeze at the top)
    Incl Hammer – triple drop set
    95each side/10..drop..70each/6..drop..45each/7

ABS
    V-ups ss/ Decl Bench Crunch – 2 sets each
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Quick update...

Friday
    After doing Cardio in the morning at the gym on the Stairmill, I hit my Calves as well. I knew I wasn't going to have time during my training in the afternoon, so I did them after cardio.

I really pushed the limits on my arms on Friday. I even threw in some side delt work and was sore all weekend.

TRICEPS
    Body-over-bar Pushdowns
    190/17, 200+45/12, 200+45/11
    (did the whole stack, plus added a plate)
    Overhead EZ bar Pushdowns
    95/11, 95/9
    Lying Tri Ext
    95/6+neg, 95/6+neg

BICEPS
    Low Cable Curl
    170/10, 170/9
    Incl Seated Curl
    40/8, 40/8
    Lying Top Cable Curl
    150/8+2, 130/10+2

Mini-DELTS
    Barbell Upright Row
    105/9
    105/9..drop..85/6..drop..65/9
    DB Side Laterals
    35/17, 30/17, 25/18

Saturday
    40 minutes of Cardio on the Treadmill at home

Sunday
    40 minutes of Cardio on the Treadmill at home

Monday
    20 minutes of Cardio on the Treadmill at home
    Training in the afternoon
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Today’s training fan-freakin’-tastic! I decided to hit a Power Week this week to keep up with my PRRS Training. For a while, I’ve tried to stay away from a Power week because the sheer intensity of the heavy weights put a ton of strain on my neck. Plus, I’d be too worried about the weights and not enough emphasis on the muscle being worked. I needed to go back to basics with respect to what weight I used.

But, after watching some of the “Road to the Olympia” videos on MD.com, I decided to give Power Week the ole college try again to see how it went. So far, things are going well!

CHEST
    Incl DB Press (hands angled slightly inward for emphasis on inner/upper chest) – 3 sets
    Smith Incl Press – 2 sets
    DB Pullover – used 105s for 2 sets
    Wghtd Dips – 45/8+1, 60/7+1 I was pretty pleased with how easily I was able to use this weight.

FRONT/SIDE DELTS
    Smith Press – 2 solid sets
    BB Upright Row – 2 very intense sets. Actually, the first set I surprised myself going for 12 reps!
    Side Laterals – this was the only exercise that I didn’t go Power on.

ABS
    V-ups – 3 sets

I will say that as soon as I was done with my last set of side laterals, I stretched for a good 2 minutes. And STILL, when I went to pick up my bag and leave, I could barely carry it. I had to keep switching hands. And if you asked me to raise my hands over my head right now….not gonna happen. lol
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. StaCkedCop's training journal - A Iron Addict's Log -
    By StackedCop in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 746
    Last Post: 05-08-2014, 12:34 PM
  2. D-Humps Training Journal.
    By DHumphreys in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 148
    Last Post: 05-04-2012, 04:20 AM
  3. Training Journal
    By Pencil_Neck in forum Workout Logs