Ass Kicking I So DeCerved(DC)

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Today I started DC Training and let me say I feel the best Ive ever felt and also the worst. I am off an injury late last year and had chosen to tread lightly in the gym. On Sunday it all hit me and I felt so shitty, all because I havent lifted heavy. Today changed everything. Anyways, Ive already talked too much. Here are my stats:

6'3
265 approx
21% approx

My only goal is to blow up on strength and I will have a little help with a few supplements.

Creatine Mono 5g/day pre workout 3 post workout
Trinitine 3caps pre workout
BCAA 20g/day(10g pre/ 10g post)
L-Glutamine 20g/day(same as above)
kwick carb 60g pre 30g post
bulk 1-carboxy at night approx 3 grams 5on 2 off
*A nice mix of pslin, anabolic pump, glycobol alternating between
meals

Diet will be in excess of 3500 cals(200g protein). The rest in just chicken/steak.fish/potatoes/rice/pasta. One thing I amtrying is no protein shakes!!! We shall see how that goes.

Will post pictures and todays workout tomorrow. Hope to see some of you comment on this log, should be an exciting one. Will be running this till Aug 15th or so with a 4week suprise between today and then........:dunno:

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well boys its gonna be hot as hell today here in austin. I have yet to find a reliable workout partner so most of my lifts for the DC training will be on machines for now. Pictures are coming tonight, but here is what I put up in the gym yesterday:

machine bench: 2 45's/side 17-5-3
mach decline: 2 45's and a 25/side 12-8-5
mach incline: 2 45's/side 8-5-2
mach shoulder press: 90lbs 4-4-4
db side raise: 35lbs 8-5-5
farmers walk: 100lbs 1 time around gym
dips: body weight 6-6-6(need to add 25lbs next time)
iron pushdown: 60lbs 8-8-8(to light)
pullups: body weight 4-2-3
wide pulldown: 140 8-6-5
wide cable row: 140 8-6-6
support rows: 2 45's 8-5-3
good mornings: 135 5-5(taking it slow on low back due to injury)

Like I said this was the hardest workout I have had in a while and it will take me a week or two to really get down and dirty with DC, but im giving it my all.

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
Well boys its gonna be hot as hell today here in austin. I have yet to find a reliable workout partner so most of my lifts for the DC training will be on machines for now. Pictures are coming tonight, but here is what I put up in the gym yesterday:

machine bench: 2 45's/side 17-5-3
mach decline: 2 45's and a 25/side 12-8-5
mach incline: 2 45's/side 8-5-2
mach shoulder press: 90lbs 4-4-4
db side raise: 35lbs 8-5-5
farmers walk: 100lbs 1 time around gym
dips: body weight 6-6-6(need to add 25lbs next time)
iron pushdown: 60lbs 8-8-8(to light)
pullups: body weight 4-2-3
wide pulldown: 140 8-6-5
wide cable row: 140 8-6-6
support rows: 2 45's 8-5-3
good mornings: 135 5-5(taking it slow on low back due to injury)

Like I said this was the hardest workout I have had in a while and it will take me a week or two to really get down and dirty with DC, but im giving it my all.
You know you're doing too many sets, right? You should only be doing 1 working set per body part. You are doing 3 working sets for chest, 2 for delts, 2 for tris, 2 for back width, and 3 for thickness. You did 12 sets rather than the 5 you're supposed to do. You're probably over training bro. A major aspect of DC is not to over train. Nice w/o though lol.

Random181

Awards
  • Established
AS bassgod said great workout- but that is not DC training...

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I had a feeling I over did it. When I read the article it said chose three and exercises, but I guess that meant rotate them. Sorry I messed it up, will make the neccessary adjustments for next workout. Hope you guys dont take this as my inexperience, just a misread and I hope you continue to follow the log. Like I said it should be exciting. Lets just chalk the first workout to a push into the correct DC training.

Random181

Awards
  • Established
Ill still be following :), good luck! you may wanna skip the next upper body workout though...that much volume is gonna be a bitch to recover from in 4 days IMO

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well I feel fine today, not to sore and body has a good pump. Weird thing is the workout I did Monday only lasted 1.25 hrs. So if I only did 1 exercise/bodypart Ill be out in 45min or less, beat up as hell yes, but still.

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
I had a feeling I over did it. When I read the article it said chose three and exercises, but I guess that meant rotate them. Sorry I messed it up, will make the neccessary adjustments for next workout. Hope you guys dont take this as my inexperience, just a misread and I hope you continue to follow the log. Like I said it should be exciting. Lets just chalk the first workout to a push into the correct DC training.
People do it for weeks and don't know that they aren't doing it properly, lol, so don't worry about it bro. We'll still follow along for sure. Don't hesitate to ask any questions about anything either. Yea, you choose your 3 favorite exercises, preferably compound movements, for each body part and rotate them between 3 different sessions. This way you utilize a different exercise each time you're in the gym and you hit every body part twice per week, rather than the traditional once per week.

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
Well I feel fine today, not to sore and body has a good pump. Weird thing is the workout I did Monday only lasted 1.25 hrs. So if I only did 1 exercise/bodypart Ill be out in 45min or less, beat up as hell yes, but still.
Correct, with DC you should be in and out of the gym in no more than an hour unless you're doing a modified form of it. I recommend sticking to "the book" right now though. At least for a few months until you see how it treats you. Also, even if you "feel" fine, that doesn't mean you're not over training. Lack of DOMS does not necessarily mean that you're not over training. Your muscles can be begging for bcaa's and food so they recover from a brutal beating, even if you can't feel it.

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks bass. How long did it take you to feel yourself really squeezing out extra reps? For me its seems I get to that last rep and it goes pretty easy, but I try for one more and I cant budge the weight. Is it a mental thing I need to work on or what?

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
Thanks bass. How long did it take you to feel yourself really squeezing out extra reps? For me its seems I get to that last rep and it goes pretty easy, but I try for one more and I cant budge the weight. Is it a mental thing I need to work on or what?
Say you did flat DB press for chest, well when you come back to that exercise after doing your other 2 chest exercises, you WILL get more reps and/or more weight. That's how it is for me. You have a log book, right? It's a great feeling looking at what you did last time and beating it. It is a mental thing, but you dhould be going in the gym to train balls to the wall EVERY time anyway. Accept NO defeat! You won't actually see any improvements until you repeat exercises though, rest assured they will come :)

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Had a really good day in the gym today, but was on the verge of throwing up all thirty minutes I was there. Here is how I threw around the bitches today:

stand bi curls: warmups, 50lbs 10-5-3
Farmers walk: 100lbs each hand around the gym once(its a full size golds gym) and then held for another 30seconds.
seated calf raise: 3 45's 13-10-8
hack squats: warmups, 2 45's 1 25 per side 8-6-6-
leg press:warmups, 16plates 4-4-4

Had to sit in my car for about 10min before I could make myself drive home. Gotta love that feeling....

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
Had a really good day in the gym today, but was on the verge of throwing up all thirty minutes I was there. Here is how I threw around the bitches today:

stand bi curls: warmups, 50lbs 10-5-3
Farmers walk: 100lbs each hand around the gym once(its a full size golds gym) and then held for another 30seconds.
seated calf raise: 3 45's 13-10-8
hack squats: warmups, 2 45's 1 25 per side 8-6-6-
leg press:warmups, 16plates 4-4-4

Had to sit in my car for about 10min before I could make myself drive home. Gotta love that feeling....
Good session bro. Quads are one heavy set (4-6 if a squat, 6-10 if a leg press or hack squat) and then a 20 rep widowmaker. No RP quad exercises. Also, only some ham exercises are RP. You wouldn't want to RP SLD for example, but hack squats are fine IMO. When I did them, I RP them. Calves are also straight sets, I believe Dante says just 1 set, but I do 2. Kee[ them heavy 12 reps or so, and really concentrate on the stretch at the bottom of the movement. You'll want to do like 12sec eccentrics as well.

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ok, so for quads I just do one heavy set in the rep range you reccommended and also for hams followed by a widow maker. So next leg session for legs should look like this for the hams/quads part:

hams- 1 heavy set
quads- 1 heavy set
widow maker......

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
Ok, so for quads I just do one heavy set in the rep range you reccommended and also for hams followed by a widow maker. So next leg session for legs should look like this for the hams/quads part:

hams- 1 heavy set
quads- 1 heavy set
widow maker......
Quads - 1 set of 4-6 reps, rest 3-5min then a widowmaker

Hams - only some exercises shouldn't be RP. So if you're doing seated leg curls, RP those. Lying leg curls are RP also. But if you're doing something like SLD, then just do 1 heavy set. You're doing the extreme stretches as well, right?

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yes, the extreme stretches are really intense, but they feel so good. There was some links on the DC website that showed pictures of all the stretches, plus I already was stretching regulary.

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well after a week of starting into DC training I have made a few mistakes, but with the help of bassgod, I have got the idea better. I have also been reading day and night on the DC official site and will be finishing out the week of DC practice tomorrow. Monday I will restart and be ready to take my muscles to the next level.

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, hope you all have some good weekend plans. Today was just a maintanence day in the gym. Since I have had some misques in the first week of my DC training I decided that today would just be a light full bosy workout in the gym and alot of extreme stretching, to get ready for Monday. Still trying to post up pictures, but I am afraid it wont be till next week.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I suggest you really research DC, before continuing on. Just train in a fashion you know well, while you figure out what you need to be doing on DC.

Bassgod has given you good advice, but honestly, you need to do some of the leg work, research it, come back and lay out your full plan, with proper rep ranges, and then people can help you from there.

The program works best when you fully understand it, and are doing it textbook. The way you are going, is the way allot of people go, bastardizing it, and then end up quitting it, and saying "dc is garbage, it doesn't work"

Well after a week of starting into DC training I have made a few mistakes, but with the help of bassgod, I have got the idea better. I have also been reading day and night on the DC official site and will be finishing out the week of DC practice tomorrow. Monday I will restart and be ready to take my muscles to the next level.
What official site? Intense Muscle?

Good luck, brotha-

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
I agree, the information is there. Just go out and research it yourself so that you can have first hand knowledg. intensemuscle.com gives you everything you need.

Mikey13

Awards
imprezivr6 and punthra have it right. You need to really re-red the whole official DC outline from Intensemuscle.com, the one that is a sticky writen by Dante (doggcrapp)
To be honest, doing incorrectly will only hinder any improvement you might have made, and will only give you a negative impression of DC training. Bassgod has some very good info, i can help too if you have any questions as well.

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the comments guys, I really was excited to start into DC training, but I want to do it right. I understand I need to read more and I will do. Look forward to a future DC log. Peace out People.......

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I just wanted to say that I am to excited and really want to start DC. I will continue to read all weekend and post up my routine tomorrow night. I really will do all the neccessary research before I begin.

Random181

Awards
  • Established
:) I have mine posted in my own log, I think my thread is on the next page if you want to take a look as an example :)

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,I am a new to DC training. I have been training seriously for about 3yrs and have made some ok progress. I can bench 365, squat 435 and dead 495 all for a max single. I am 6'4 265, but I am not happy with my total muscle mass as I am around 21% bodyfat.I want that hard, grainy look and to be as strong as I possibly can. Here is the DC workouts that I will be doing: Please Critique If Neccessary

*Here is how I will breakdown/group body parts:
monday=chest, shoulders, triceps, back width, back thickness
wednesday=biceps, forearms, calves, hamstrings, quads
friday-repeat of mondays bodyparts
monday-repeat of wenesdays bodyparts

* All exercises are rotated every week from a pool of three and repeated until a Max/Plateau is reached. Then you will need to throw in a new exercise a begin again in the rotation.
* Quads are done in a straight set fashion with the rep range in the 6-10 area. Followed by a widow maker squat.
*Some hams are done rest pause, except for things like sumo leg press, which is a straight set of 15-25.
* Back thisckness isnt done RP because of injury issues but instead heavy with a rep range of 6-12
* Calves are done with a very slow enhanced negative followed by an extreme 15 sec hold at the bottom followed by an explosive upward movement.
* forearms are also just a straight set of 10-20 reps
* Every other body part is rest pause
*Usually the blast of main phase is done for 5-12 weeks followed by a cruising phase, consisting of light maintanence work for 14-21 days depnding on training factors.

I am not going to post the individual workout sessions because they are taken straight from the intensemuscle website(official DC site). But as far as the principles I have listed are they correct as far as DC goes?

Random181

Awards
  • Established

The above looks good
* All exercises are rotated every week from a pool of three and repeated until a Max/Plateau is reached. Then you will need to throw in a new exercise a begin again in the rotation.
You should be repeating each exercise once every 2 weeks, each time you repeat that exercise continual progression must be made, if you cannot make progression then switch the exercise
* Quads are done in a straight set fashion with the rep range in the 6-10 area. Followed by a widow maker squat.
*Some hams are done rest pause, except for things like sumo leg press, which is a straight set of 15-25.
* Back thisckness isnt done RP because of injury issues but instead heavy with a rep range of 6-12
yep ;) rack deads are the king of thickness exercises IMO
* Calves are done with a very slow enhanced negative followed by an extreme 15 sec hold at the bottom followed by an explosive upward movement.
Hold for 5 seconds at the top of the rep
Dont know what you mean by every other bodypart, sorry bro
*Usually the blast of main phase is done for 5-12 weeks followed by a cruising phase, consisting of light maintanence work for 14-21 days depnding on training factors.
Yes, when you cruise you can decide as you are going along based on how worn out you are feeling
I am not going to post the individual workout sessions because they are taken straight from the intensemuscle website(official DC site). But as far as the principles I have listed are they correct as far as DC goes?
Im in bold :)

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Im in bold :)
Where did you get the 5sec at the top, thing, for calves. Ive always done them with an explosive positive, to the toes, 5 sec neg, 10-15sec in the stretched position.

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey Random. What I was trying to say with the every other body part statement was the prescribed bodyparts here:

The * statements were to me the things that stuck out that needed to be addressed.

Random181

Awards
  • Established
Where did you get the 5sec at the top, thing, for calves. Ive always done them with an explosive positive, to the toes, 5 sec neg, 10-15sec in the stretched position.
Im pretty sure i read it on intensemuscle, gimme a minute to check and ill get back to you-on another note holding for 5 seconds really increases the burn, the 6 second negatives are also painful as hell.

edit: my apologies I must have been wrong, I cant find that info.

Mikey13

Awards
Hey guys,I am a new to DC training. I have been training seriously for about 3yrs and have made some ok progress. I can bench 365, squat 435 and dead 495 all for a max single. I am 6'4 265, but I am not happy with my total muscle mass as I am around 21% bodyfat.I want that hard, grainy look and to be as strong as I possibly can. Here is the DC workouts that I will be doing: Please Critique If Neccessary

looks good
Kinda - you go until you plateau or are starting to overtrain, some people will throw in a new exercise for a non-progressing exercise if all other exercises are still progressing.
Eh- Quads are like a 1x2-6, the the widowmaker/ a widowmaker is a lot of times done on a leg press for safety reasons
SLDL's are really good too, 6 straight sets east set increasing by 20lbs non-stop
unless you are doing rack deads 1x4-8, 1x8-12
I would say, 2 second hold at top, 2-5 second negative, 15sec hold at bottom with explosive positive movement. But many people do the calves differently. One thing people do though, is if they don't get the 12 reps, they will immediately do as many straight calve "raises" as they can, no hold at the bottom. (like a widowmaker per se)
Do not forget the crazy extreme stretches....
I would still post up your workout, there are times you do not want one exercise after another. i.e. SLDLs are very rough on the low back, so are front squats, so you might want to do leg press that day.
I am in bold

Mikey13

Awards
as I mentioned in my post, I have seen some people do it that way, I can not keep up with all the posts on IM.com, just as I can not keep up with all the new posts on here, but I have seen a few variations of DC calves...

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
as I mentioned in my post, I have seen some people do it that way, I can not keep up with all the posts on IM.com, just as I can not keep up with all the new posts on here, but I have seen a few variations of DC calves...
Well.. Here is the correct DC way.
Calves are done with their own protocol of exploding up on the big toe, then slowly lowering, approximately 5 seconds to the stretch position and holding that for 10-15 seconds… 8-12 reps like that and it will be excruciating.

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
Are you still lifting or what bro!?!? Let's see some updatesssssss!!