LET'S GET THIS MUTHA STARTED!!!

Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last

1. welcome to the party...not too much action here, but I'm trying to keep it consistent.

let me know if you have any suggestions, I'm here to learn.

2. Allright mate, I know how you feel on that one, ive been gettin some great advice lately and it defo helps, I think the main advice I can give is remember to stretch properly every workout, I find it really helps with recovery and defenitly decreases my doms, I recommend the DC extreme stretches. Also while I agree with natty not to count calories, I would recommend you try and set up a basic template for nutrition and stick roughly to it, thats pretty much what I do and it works like a charm Apart from that you seem to have it covered, now we just gotta see how it goes, Im guessing you are taking a supplement for cortisol control? IMO that is one of the most important things for fat loss/clean bulks.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Random181 View Post
    Allright mate, I know how you feel on that one, ive been gettin some great advice lately and it defo helps, I think the main advice I can give is remember to stretch properly every workout, I find it really helps with recovery and defenitly decreases my doms, I recommend the DC extreme stretches. Also while I agree with natty not to count calories, I would recommend you try and set up a basic template for nutrition and stick roughly to it, thats pretty much what I do and it works like a charm Apart from that you seem to have it covered, now we just gotta see how it goes, Im guessing you are taking a supplement for cortisol control? IMO that is one of the most important things for fat loss/clean bulks.
    Thanks for the input, I do stretch as much as I can but still don't quite do enough. As soon as I'm able, I'm thinking about possibly doing some yoga even though it's expensive to do regularly. I always felt it made me much stronger as well as more flexible.

For the cortisol control, I've been taking cissus but I'm pretty new to understanding proper supplementation/diet. I do know quite a bit about food, but not how my body reacts very well.

Since age 18 I have gone from 165 lb up to 185 (very fit, college life), then down to 170 (very fit) and up to 215 (fatso) at age 21/22. I went back down to 180 or so, then up and down again and now am around 195 (fatso) due to surgery and immobilization (in Jan. I weighed 185-188 before surgery). I'm trying to break this cycle and stay at a healthy 180 or so, mainly my weight gain has to do with injury and subsequent lack of exercise. I'd like to try to avoid spending a huge amount on supps and they won't help me a huge amount (besides whey, creatine, bcaa's, etc.) with how untrained my body is right now.

4. Good luck with that then, I entirely understand that reasoning, I believe that cissus will help with cortisol but am not that sure tbh, I was thinking of something more like lean extreme which is a lot stronger, honestly though thinking about it I would stick with what you are doing for now, stronger supps will come in helpful when your lucking to get the last bit of fat off and for helping stop it coming back on if you plan on bulking up good luck with that yoga if you decide to try it, id love to go yoga but theres non near me which is a shame as I would imagine yoga is full of hot girls

5. Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    It's one of those half plyo-ball, half platform deals. I take it and stand on the platform and it provides an off-balance exercise so I can rebuild the stabilizer muscles in my legs and core.

You see 'em all the time in aerobics classes and stuff.
    whoa i just did this today...haha now i know the name of it. thanks.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Random181 View Post
    Good luck with that then, I entirely understand that reasoning, I believe that cissus will help with cortisol but am not that sure tbh, I was thinking of something more like lean extreme which is a lot stronger, honestly though thinking about it I would stick with what you are doing for now, stronger supps will come in helpful when your lucking to get the last bit of fat off and for helping stop it coming back on if you plan on bulking up good luck with that yoga if you decide to try it, id love to go yoga but theres non near me which is a shame as I would imagine yoga is full of hot girls
    yeah, although it's sometimes like it is in the gym; why pay the money if you're just going to ogle? I know better places to ogle when the weather's right

7. Quote Originally Posted by natty texan View Post
    whoa i just did this today...haha now i know the name of it. thanks.
    They work good, don't they? Even if they are kinda a chick exercise, I like the off-balance nature of it.

8. Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    They work good, don't they? Even if they are kinda a chick exercise, I like the off-balance nature of it.
    it's a requirement for football players, so i'll say it's a beast man exercise

yeah they were awesome

9. All right, I told you I'd put some pics of my legs up and here they are:

Attached Images Attached Images  

10. Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    All right, I told you I'd put some pics of my legs up and here they are:

haha, well you've got good thighs considering...

11. Yeah I'll post some real pics if only to show how asymmetrical the legs are right now so I can compare later...the rest of the body nds serious work too but I'm just glad I got supportive bros like you to keep me motivated. Went for a 21 mile bike ride today, it kicked my a** something fierce. It was the first sunny and warm (60s) day we've had in a very long time. I forgot how nice it is to be able to wear a tshirt without a hoody or jacket.

I just gotta keep remembering I'm only 10 or so weeks out of knee surgery and only 4 or 5 weeks out of a full-length knee brace (nuts to ankles). At the smallest, I could wrap my hands around my thigh with about 1 inch of overlap. Now I've got about 1 inch of separation between the fingers. 2 inches of growth in a very small amount of time, but the other leg at the same point (just a bit above the knee) is only about 1 inch more in circumference so it's coming back.

I'm comin' back...slowly but surely!

12. All right, back in the saddle again!

First back workout since messing up the lower back...felt good! Love me back days

Wide Grip Pulldowns
    90x12 (too easy)
    105x12 (getting there)
    125x10 (started breaking form, so only 8 count)
    120x8
    100x5 (burnouts)

EDIT: Forgot I also did Wide Grip Cable Lat Pressdowns
    40x12
    55x12
    60x8
    40x12
    These are an old fave, I was getting horrifically good pumps from them last night; felt the lat all the way down my side. Woulda gone heavier or something, but I started breaking form at 60 so I backed off. /EDIT

Hammer Strength Low Row (gotta stay away from seated cables for a bit)
    Weight is each side
    25x12 (easy peasy)
    45x12 (still easy)
    60x12 (decent pump)
    60x5 (burnouts)

One-Arm Rows
    40x12 (easy)
    50x12 (still easy)
    60x12 (little tougher, but coulda done more)

BB RDL's (wasn't sure if back would hold up, but my hammies and lower back were missing these)

bar weight warmup
    95x12x3 (easy, just feeling it out)
    Yay! No more lower back twinges/spasms! Not 100%, but back to about 70% so far.

Cable Side Raises
    42.5x12 (injured side still a bit off, but felt good to have the movement)
    50x12
    57.5x12

Kneeling Cable Pull-downs (abs)
    50x12
    62.5x12
    70x12

Was finally feeling good in the weightroom for the first time in a while. My back is feeling better and strength is continuing to improve. Some of this might have to do with taking my dose of Powerfull pre-workout 25-30 mins before taking Jack3d and a heaping tsp of creatine. Def. had a bit of alpha-male and was very positive-feeling. I like.

I also didn't ride my bike to the gym, which I think has been eating up the Jack3d or negating some of its effectiveness. I'll save my big aerobic bike days for off-days I think from now on and do cardio post-wo for 20-30 mins.

I def. felt like I could have gone much heavier on some of the exercises, but I'm going to have to do the "baby steps first" approach so I don't hurt my back again. I'd rather have it take me a month to go up 20lb than jump into it and risk injury anymore.

Until next time, giddyup! :dl:

13. Quote Originally Posted by natty texan View Post
    haha, well you've got good thighs considering...
    nah, it's all feathers...now this guy has good thighs!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAeH4eEtDTE"]YouTube - Burger King Kickin' Chicken Commercial[/ame]

AAAAHHH...B'****! lol

14. Workout is looking good mate, Im like 5 reps behind you on the one arm rows, also about the ogglin sometimes the hot chicks get annoying when im trying to lift and they all come over in those tight outfits, god its distracting!!!

15. ^^^hahah nice vid man

16. Quote Originally Posted by Random181 View Post
    Workout is looking good mate, Im like 5 reps behind you on the one arm rows, also about the ogglin sometimes the hot chicks get annoying when im trying to lift and they all come over in those tight outfits, god its distracting!!!
    Yeah, but you can probably do more than 3 pullups at one time. I miss being 165 sometimes =P

17. Lately I've decided that it would be best to focus on getting my diet dialed much better than it has been. I find more often than not when I actually add up the nutrient macros of what I'm eating it's still too heavy on carbs/fat and light on protein.

Back to the drawing board; I finally broke down and am going to just do a one-hour consult with the training director at my gym. This is something I never would have done in the past; I just plain don't ask for help...sometimes (alright, often) to my detriment and eventual downfall.

I know a lot of it's trial and error, but feel that I need a good blueprint to follow (training wheels) so that I can eventually make the right decisions about this stuff.

18. Had to do a hurry-up workout today; had about 45mins. Kinda sucked but had to make the best of it as I had a family dinner to get to.

Chest & Bi's

BB Flat Bench Press
    95x15
    115x12
    135x10
    135x8
    Felt weak, forgot to eat after my consult (ironic, eh?)

Incline DB Press
    35x12
    40x10
    45x8

Went to do dips, but my shoulders were fried; gonna have to work on them.

Pec Dec
    100x12
    125x8 (broke form)
    100x10
    Struggling to get a decent pump on my chest; might just have to resort to doing slow cable flyes w/minimal weight to warm them up.

Hanging leg raises
    20x3

Flat Bar Curls
    55x12
    60x12
    65x10

Reverse EZ Bar Curls
    55x12
    60x10
    65x8
    Night and day. Pump on my bi's & forearms was almost painful. Veins everywhere; much better than last week. Think I need to maybe change my chest day routine as I'm just not hitting chest right. My anterior delts, however feel like they're going to fall off. Gonna have to light up the rest of my shoulders to make up for the anteriors.

Earlier, did the diet consult; not much for the "what to eat" as much as when and how much. I am definitely undereating or maybe more accurately eating too much at the wrong times; if I add up all my calories for one day it's generally not enough. The funny thing is I've been gaining weight and have gone up 7 lb in 6 weeks.

19. All right, tri's & shoulders tonight...

Rope Cable Pushdowns
    42.5x15
    50x12
    50x10

EZ Bar Skullcrushers
    55x15
    60x12
    65x12

Reverse single cable pushdown
    15x10
    10x12x2

Front/Side/Back DB Raises
    15x12
    17.5x12
    20x12
    Shoulders still feelin' last workout (esp. anterior)

Pussed out on doing any more shoulder; was underfed today. Swear I'm gonna be the first fatass anorexic lol. I've been counting up my calories and a lot of days I'm not hitting 1500. Not good, except the man-boobs are going away pretty quick (phew!).

Calf Raises
    150xfailure x3 sets

15min. on rowing erg, 30min. on elliptical btw(balls to da wall mang).

left knee was feelin' off today; kinda stiff and not right. therapist was wrenchin' on me yesterday and think that's why. Could also be cuz I haven't eaten much of anything today and was dehydrated until I chugged half a gallon of water. OopS!

Tomorrow's another day...thinkin' I'ma make chili this weekend. Yee har!

20. Just noticed my reps are the same as the year today...2009! lol...I need a new hobby

21. Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    All right, tri's & shoulders tonight...

Rope Cable Pushdowns
    42.5x15
    50x12
    50x10

EZ Bar Skullcrushers
    55x15
    60x12
    65x12

Reverse single cable pushdown
    15x10
    10x12x2

Front/Side/Back DB Raises
    15x12
    17.5x12
    20x12
    Shoulders still feelin' last workout (esp. anterior)

Pussed out on doing any more shoulder; was underfed today. Swear I'm gonna be the first fatass anorexic lol. I've been counting up my calories and a lot of days I'm not hitting 1500. Not good, except the man-boobs are going away pretty quick (phew!).

Calf Raises
    150xfailure x3 sets

15min. on rowing erg, 30min. on elliptical btw(balls to da wall mang).

left knee was feelin' off today; kinda stiff and not right. therapist was wrenchin' on me yesterday and think that's why. Could also be cuz I haven't eaten much of anything today and was dehydrated until I chugged half a gallon of water. OopS!

Tomorrow's another day...thinkin' I'ma make chili this weekend. Yee har!
    it's yeehaw.

good work on the skull crushers. that's a good amount of weight for just getting back in this.

this is just a random suggestion...but you might get a better pump if you turn your sets around. do the heavy weight first, and the lower weight last... blow it out the window if you'd like

22. Appreciate the input, I was only doing it that way because my tricep tendons don't feel real good if I don't warm them up first. I agree with you on that one.

23. Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    Appreciate the input, I was only doing it that way because my tricep tendons don't feel real good if I don't warm them up first. I agree with you on that one.
    yeah...maybe you should do an over all warm up before you start lifting?

like 5 minutes of cardio and some of those preworkout stretches in the video's i sent you then go through your entire routine with very light weights and only one set.

24. yeah, I need to go over those stretches again and try to put together a routine for every day; I've been struggling with consistency.

25. dont worry... you're not the only one.

i hate having to warm up. i always want to skip it, but i never lift well on days i don't warm up.

26. yeah, I actually have no problem with the warmup I just am careful not to wear myself out with it. Def. helps with the pump tho; my forearm pumps have been getting painful on bicep days...might have to buy some taurine as well.

27. i'm not very excited about having to take a supplement to get rid of pumps....

28. true, but you can't mess with the leg day! it's sacred!

29. Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    true, but you can't mess with the leg day! it's sacred!
    true dat...

if it keeps me from having to sit down every 5 minutes i'll grin and bear it...

i hate sitting down at the gym.

30. All right, Leg Day!

Bosu squats w/8lb medicine ball
    60x3sets

Squats
    95x15
    115x12
    95x12
    Decided to tone it down with the weight; no need to set me back with the knee even tho I wasn't feelin' any discomfort. It's been real tough not to go up in weight...I'm champing at the bit!

Leg Press superset w/calves
    90x12, 25
    140x12, 25
    140x12, 25

Leg Extensions (one-legged)
    30lbx12(held for 4-5secs, s-l-o-w motion)

Decline bench crunches (steep bench, about 45deg.)
    3 sets burnout (about 25 or so, maybe more)

Cable Oblique lifts
    50x15
    57.5x15
    57.5x15

Decent workout, intensity was hard to find tho...I hate working out in an overcrowded gym. It was a frickin' zoo in there tonight and was tripping over people and getting frustrated for a little while. Main reason why I didn't do any walking lunges; couldn't even go into the aerobics room as there was a class going on.

Had another weird popping feeling come out of the knee on the decline bench; I don't think much of it anymore because afterwards I usually end up with increased range of motion Something going on with the fibula interfering with my range of motion and when I get on the decline it's moving it out of the way (not sure if this is 100% true, but I ain't payin' for another MRI).

Kinda funny, was trying to protect my knee by going to the leg press but I actually feel like the squats were better for the knee (more functional of a movement). Wish I could just wrap the knee and go up in weight but gotta be patient...
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. LIT-UP MUTHA SUKA
    By BIGRAND in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 02-21-2011, 11:57 AM
  2. Ready4War mutha!!!
    By Aeternitatis in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-24-2009, 07:00 AM
  3. Started E-Bol
    By FitModel in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-19-2007, 03:24 AM
  4. Ode to Snakes on a mutha****in plane, ya'll!
    By Jayhawkk in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-05-2006, 04:35 PM
  5. It started...
    By fedaykin in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-03-2006, 02:39 PM