Getting my weak ass back to the gym! Rile me on!!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
i'm looking forward to seeing how this treats you.

despite what everyones been saying i've not been able to get myself to buy into d.c. and rest pause sets...

fieldt76

Awards
a lot of determination! Possible other supps if money allows:
p-slin
Sustain alpha
epistane
Powefull
mods feel free to try and sell me your products, non hormonals only please! If I decide to go with any products a log will of course go up in this post!
Epi is a pro hormone... just so you know. I would stay away from those until I'd been back in the gym for a good while.

Random181

Awards
  • Established
Thanks mate I was aware of such :) the natty supplements will defo be before the epi though, I really wanna try my pre workout with p-slin first XD. Also ive had a slight change of plan, rather than calculating all weights in one day I am simply going to find out my weights as I go with these first 2 weeks, then go for another 4 weeks of blasting while improving on them, I am gonna get that done before I go on any supps, then the next blast might get a little assistance :). @ natty T I can see what why you would be sceptical about the rest pause sets mate, I personally was as first but now love them! the burn cannot be rivalled of using them for bench and rows.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
I just don't see how lol.

i'm gonna have to give it a shot. maybe i'll try mixing it in some in my next routine here in a few weeks...

I just can't see how you get a pump...on max out days I never get a pump...infact i feel like i'm leaving the gym empty handed...

Random181

Awards
  • Established
ye I do know how you feel with that sometimes, I seem to be incapable of getting a pump when I only do a 1 set, rest pausing though was kinda strange when I was doing DB rows I first was getting a normal mild pump for the first 8 reps the second I started the second go after the pause the pump got intense as hell and the burn was horrific (I loved it!) after the second pause the pump was getting to the point of painful as was the burn, that was the point when I fell in love with rest pausing and wanted to try DC XD

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
ye I do know how you feel with that sometimes, I seem to be incapable of getting a pump when I only do a 1 set, rest pausing though was kinda strange when I was doing DB rows I first was getting a normal mild pump for the first 8 reps the second I started the second go after the pause the pump got intense as hell and the burn was horrific (I loved it!) after the second pause the pump was getting to the point of painful as was the burn, that was the point when I fell in love with rest pausing and wanted to try DC XD
hmm...

everyone's doing a darn good job of convincing me to give this a try. i'll run it for 3 weeks and see how i feel at the end. it'll be awhile though...

Random181

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, Ive only just got back to the forums and I really do apologie for the lack of updates, things have gone horrably wrong the last few days and Ive barely been able to keep up my diet, for this reason I made wednesday a normal training sessions and did back and bis and practiced the extreme back stretch (it hurt like hell so im guessing i did it right lol) So DC traning will be started on friday with the exception of the DB rows since I already did these, heres the template for the next workout

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
hey bro I would drop the epi. I read you are only 16. And although you may be responsible about it... your body could careless. Also try to get your strength and stuff up a bit more before introducing a designer. Just my opinions though.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
hey bro I would drop the epi. I read you are only 16. And although you may be responsible about it... your body could careless. Also try to get your strength and stuff up a bit more before introducing a designer. Just my opinions though.

whoaaaa he's right. I missed that you were 16

Random181

Awards
  • Established
Thankyou for the concern guys :) but right now I can truthfully say there is nothing to worry about! Right now I barely have the time to stand still and eat my meals (yes I mean stand not sit:laugh:) Im most likely not even going to be using supplements apart from the staples inleast until the end of this blast, hopefully the next one will be assisted with some p-slin, so thats around 4 months before I even think of any more supps, lol i havent even though about it any more tbh honestly im taking things as they happen, ill thing about some more stuff in that time. Texas I respect your opinion and I thankyou for it. Natty thanks for the concern, everything is fine just busy I basically get no brakes throughout the day now so I really am eatin as I walk around, which is kinda hard to do when Im trying to shovel down brown rice! lol

Random181

Awards
  • Established
erm dude as i put up in the post before hand I barely have the time to eat right now, my main concern for the forseable future is how to shovel enough brown rice and chicken breasts to grow lol

Random181

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, just did my workout and though id put up an update! was a good workout even though the gym was bloody boilin.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
hahaha i have no idea how much weigh kg's are...

i'll have to look it up on google.

i'd add in some sweet potato's too man. mass for me=lots of brown rice, chicken, and sweet potatos'

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Heres a translated version :)

M2: (Friday)
Chest: Flat hammer strength press, 11-15 reps (rest paused)
35kg x 15-5 = 77lbs
(this was suppost to be my working weight so things went a lot better than expected
Shoulders: Behind the neck press, 11-20 reps (rest paused)
20kg x 8-3-1 = 44lbs
(this was kinda weird I do reps on 15kg DB's and was well week on this)
Triceps: Close grip bench, 11-20 reps (rest paused)
20kg x 9-3-1 = 44lbs
(this is less than my normal weight for close grip bench but my chest was still burnt out when I did this (delibrateley) this is also the weight which is close to my tricep pushdowns so im guessing it was 90% triceps which is what I was hoping for)

sweet potatoes thats a hell of an idea, Currently my bulk involves a lot of tuna lol, as you know im 16, the reason I got this job is to afford all my food bill for this dam bulk :laugh:
hmm...bulk foods on a cheap.

you got the right idea with rice, if you get bored with that throw in red beans. (for protein)
whole wheat pastas
whole wheat bread (make sure it says whole wheat)
sams sells 10 pound things of peanut butter where i live for like 20 bucks...
tuna (which you have)
canned chicken (for on the go)
they sell ilttle white potato's in a can that are perfect powo.
lots of chicken.
get a roast (usually cheaper per pound to buy a big roast) and cut it like a steak, or thinner, and pan fry it with olive oil...
milk of course...

i'l try to think of more later :)

Random181

Awards
  • Established
Canned chicken? ive honestly never heard of that but will have a look round for it certainly sounds hellishly convenient, Thanks for that list though natty it helps a lot, The idea of a roast is defenitly something I am going to do, sliced roast meat with some whole wheat bread (I do always use whole wheat) would be a good pre workout meal :D Milk is also something which im using a lot. I often use a glass of full fat milk before bed it and find it great for recovery and hormone support. Thanks for the advice mate!

edit:
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to natty texan again" :laugh:

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Canned chicken? ive honestly never heard of that but will have a look round for it certainly sounds hellishly convenient, Thanks for that list though natty it helps a lot, The idea of a roast is defenitly something I am going to do, sliced roast meat with some whole wheat bread (I do always use whole wheat) would be a good pre workout meal :D Milk is also something which im using a lot. I often use a glass of full fat milk before bed it and find it great for recovery and hormone support. Thanks for the advice mate!

edit:
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to natty texan again" :laugh:
haha it's all good.

i've been doing some thinking.
oats. you can get those huge things of oats on the cheap.
flax, they have a huge thing of milled flax at my wal mart for 3.99
eggs, and egg beaters (i usually can't stomach eggs so i stay away from both)
cottage cheese

Build Muscle on a Budget: The 10 Cheapest Sources of Protein

Jun 25th, 2008 by Mehdi Posted in Nutrition

Cheap Protein to Build Muscle
Image credit: Danh TX

You need at least 1g protein per pound of body-weight per day to maintain and build muscle. If you weigh 70kg/155lbs, that’s 155g protein per day. The easiest way to get this amount is to eat whole protein with each meal.

Some of you are on a tight budget, still student, living in expensive cities or just frugal. These can make it hard to get the protein you need to build muscle. This post will help you — the 10 cheapest sources of protein to build muscle.

1. Canned Tuna. 40g protein/can. Buy tuna in spring water or brine. Don’t worry about the mercury: 1 can chunk light tuna per day is safe, read this. Worry more about the mercury in your teeth fillings and the mercury in vaccines.

2. Whole Eggs. 7g protein/egg. Lower your body fat rather than throwing the yolk away if you have bad cholesterol. Dietary cholesterol isn’t bound to blood cholesterol, and the yolk contains half the protein and vitamins A/D/E.

3. Whey. 1 scoop ON whey is 24g protein/30g serving. At 2 scoops/day, a 10lbs bag will last 10 weeks for 84,99$. You don’t get cheaper than this. But don’t rely on whey only because it’s cheaper. Vary your protein intake.

4. Ground Beef. 25g protein/100g. Buy 80% ground beef and rinse the fat if lean beef is too expensive. You can reduce the fat content by as much as 50%. Read this free pdf on how to rinse ground beef.

5. Milk. 30g protein/liter milk. If you’re a skinny guy, want to gain weight fast and don’t bother gaining some fat, drink 1 gallon raw milk per day. Don’t worry about the saturated fat. Stay away from milk if you want to lose fat.

6. Frozen Chicken Breast. 25g protein/100g. Cook the frozen chicken breast using a George Foreman Grill. Consume the chicken breast within 2 months of freezing for optimal tenderness & taste.

7. Cottage Cheese. 12g protein/100g. Cottage cheese is more expensive in Europe than in the US. We buy Quark cheese: 10g protein per 100g, cheaper than cottage cheese and a better taste.

8. Ground Turkey. 25g protein/100g. Expensive cuts are made from turkey breast. Cheaper cuts can contain skin, which increases the fat content. Rinse the fat like for ground beef using this method.

9. Canned Mackerel. 23g protein/100g. Canned mackerel is high in omega-3, contains less mercury than canned tuna, and tastes a lot better too.

10. Calves Liver. 20g protein/100g. Low fat and nutrient dense. Contrary to what you might believe, liver is safe. Try one of these recipes.

Random181

Awards
  • Established
Ive got me a real cheap cereal which I often use in place of oats, for some strange reason I never get full on the cereal (guessing its something do with the fruit or something) and I love it 2 bowls with full fat full milk is great for breakfast along with a chicken breast :D. I also love eggs, infact I just had 4 along with 2 sausages, bacon, beans and toast :D, Another good thing to do for cheap and convenient food is make some protein bars with peanut butter whey/casein and oats, I find them great and discreet especially since I often have to eat my pre workout discreetly during lessons:laugh:

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Ive got me a real cheap cereal which I often use in place of oats, for some strange reason I never get full on the cereal (guessing its something do with the fruit or something) and I love it 2 bowls with full fat full milk is great for breakfast along with a chicken breast :D. I also love eggs, infact I just had 4 along with 2 sausages, bacon, beans and toast :D, Another good thing to do for cheap and convenient food is make some protein bars with peanut butter whey/casein and oats, I find them great and discreet especially since I often have to eat my pre workout discreetly during lessons:laugh:
haha you have a lot of fats in your diet.

i like it. i'm jealous too. when i eat high fat foods, i get a metallicy feeling in my stomach that makes me want to vomit.

Random181

Awards
  • Established
Ouch unlucky on that one mate. Im not genereally this bad tbh but I spent the entire day doing physical work and figured it couldnt hurt, the worst thing is now a few hours after eating that im starving hungry again:rant: gonna get some cereal and milk :bandit:

Sinon

Sinon

Awards
Man, when I was 16 all I ate was xanax and junk after smoking blunts. You have some crazy determination bro. Props for that..

Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I fell off the wagon pretty hard around 16 due to not having a social life (too much sports). You're doing great, all that matters now is getting used to the rhythm and consistency of training/eating without falling apart after 6-8 months. It's like going to work every day, except your payment is good health :)

Just wish I had a forum like this to go to back then...coulda used some advice.

Random181

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys, I am determined to make this work, if I have to give up a few things now to make the future better then so be it.

Random181

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys just got back from the gym! (got absolutly pissed on walking there and back:rant:)

My workout went really well apart from my quads which just couldnt bring myself to do, Id walked for an hour to the gym and got absolutly drenched in the rain and they just werent having it lol. Heres how everything else went:

Random181

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, Just thought id put up a quick update, this is one of my favourite workouts as its mainly dumbells which I love working with, I also had a spotter which allowed me to push myself to the max, you will probably notice that there was no rest pausing on my shoulder and bench press exercises, I just couldnt do it, I rested for my 20 seconds and just couldnt get another rep, I certainly got the job done though, when my 8 reps were finished I started grasping for breath lol. It was one hell of a visit and all lifts went better than expected.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
thanks for converting everything to pounds man haha

good work

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
I love the feeling of DOMS. Especially around day 2. But, my loving feelings go away quicker the longer it lasts! Good work man.

Random181

Awards
  • Established
lol, Usually Ive mostly got rid of them by day 2 :), btw, I officially love DC im in more pain from one DC style set than 5 normal sets :D

Random181

Awards
  • Established
Hey all, just a quick update, I wont be posting individual updates anymore but after a few more workouts ill put up a comparison table which should be far easier to interpret :)

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
Hey all, just a quick update, I wont be posting individual updates anymore but after a few more workouts ill put up a comparison table which should be far easier to interpret :)
what's up? too busy or somethin?

Random181

Awards
  • Established
what's up? too busy or somethin?
Im just leaving it to make the table mainly because it will be a lot easier to interpret and to see my progression, I was just posting up numbers and lifts before which didnt mean anything without other workouts to compare to previously, the table should make my log easier to read and more professional looking :)

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
Im just leaving it to make the table mainly because it will be a lot easier to interpret and to see my progression, I was just posting up numbers and lifts before which didnt mean anything without other workouts to compare to previously, the table should make my log easier to read and more professional looking :)
right on, I thought you meant something more permanent....cheers and keep it up!

Random181

Awards
  • Established
Okay heres that table I mentioned, ill be updating it here on so that my continual progression can be seen.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
nice i didn't know you could change colors...

you just gave my logs new flare :)

Random181

Awards
  • Established
Neither did I :p, I clicked to do check what colours I could have and it just inserted the coding for black, so I took a guess by deleting 'black' and putting in 'red' :D

Random181

Awards
  • Established
Update has just gone up! Im also pleased to say that is shows progression in both comparable exercises! :D

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
Havin' a bit of trouble following exactly how your chart works at the moment but good on ya bro...

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
that chart makes it much harder to follow for me... Just giving my thoughts.

Random181

Awards
  • Established
ahh bloody hell, I gotta work right now gimme a bit and ill change it :)

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
wait...you're just re-updating the chart every work out??

Random181

Awards
  • Established
I wont post up the workout before that but it was up to par, I made 3 reps progress on close grip bench, and too my flat hammer strength press to 45kg (99lbs) 11-3-1,